What are some PS1 game that have not aged like shit?

What are some PS1 game that have not aged like shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KOXH_8kSz_w
youtube.com/watch?v=u3jSVzt3SEE
youtube.com/watch?v=WiMky9D1bog
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You'd be pleasantly surprised. On PC where racing is probably the most neglected genre classics like this are definitely worth a shot.

Crash 2

Rayman

Why is Spyro staring at us like that .

SOTN

For as much shit as sony gets on this board, they really are the king of fighting and racing games.

Tomb raider.

GT2 is good, but PS2 emulation is good, so you might as well play GT4

Fug, I think I'll do that now.

Omega Boost

On rails shooter with gorgeous graphics, and fun gameplay.

Crash Bandicoot 3 and Tenchu 2.

Policenauts

None. All of them have aged horribly in gameplay and visuals. Late PS2 and PS3 games are the only ones that have stood the test of time.

The entire trilogy

and 3, and CTR

Twisted Metal 2.

Pretty much every RPG with pre-rendered backgrounds and 2D games from the console.

Not with those outdated references.

Legend of Mana

Vigilante 8

*2nd offense.

my fucking nigga

Ridge Racer 4

>Spider-Man 1 and 2 Enter Electro
>GTA 2
>Tekken 3
>both Harry Potter games
>Syphon Filter
>MGS
>Gran Turismo 2
>Silent Hill

Never cared for any weeaboo games but there might be some good ones.

You just posted one of them.

Alundra

2D ages like fine wine.

ignore them

Rayman might have not aged graphicswise but it's pretty shit.

The controls are janky as fuck. Although it's pretty much the same as with Rayman, it was shit from the get go.

Ape Escape

the control is fine

>playing any Gex with that annoying voice on

Ace Combat 2

fuck you Dana Gould is great

There's some good as fuck feeling racing games on the PS1. Wipeout games still feel fucking amazing and are comparable to current gen racers easily, and Ridge Racer 4 also feels damn good.

It's really odd how some PS1 games control like hot shit while others have control schemes that are on par with current standards, if not surpassing them.

Fuck no, are you retarded? Twisted Metal 2 is the definition of a game that aged badly. Vigilante 8 looks so much better by comparison that it's hard to believe they're on the same console.

Ape Escape
Spyro 2-3
Crash 2, 3, and CTR

Its still pretty fun.

t. underage

Did you purposefully leave Crash 1 out? It's factually not as polished as 2-3 but do you think it's justified to say 1 aged like milk whereas the other two didn't? I personally find 1 very charming in a way rest of the games don't quite manage. Also it was a technical marvel at it's time.

Not him.

I wouldn't say Crash 1 aged like milk, but 2 and Warped are enjoyable in much the same way as they were at launch.

Crash 1, however... it's a bit rough.

so ps2 was your first console, good to know

TM2 is fun as fuck, but it aged horribly.

still great

Is this the low poly thread?

Syphon Filter
1 is a bit rough but very playable, 2 is great, 3 is okay but a lot of filler levels

He forgot what the Sun looks like, and bets you did too since you're indoors playing silly games.

I remember being a kid and setting people on fire with a taser.
Syphon Filer let me be myself.

Original Rayman.
Is practically cartoon with those fluid sprites. Its hard as fuck tho.
Ape Escape.
The Dub is probably the worst thing about it.

Capcom VS SNK

Fuck I loved GT2 back in the day. I never got any of the PS2 GT games though for some reason, are they worth it?

>le PS1 games age badly meme

KYS retard. Plenty of them aged just fine.

Those guys that came running out of the fire screaming in the destroyed subway scared me as a kid

That is fucking beautiful. I want to explore a big low poly island now.

All 3D games from these consoles aged very poorly.

The camera is terrible at moments and the platforming feels terrible, but it's still a pretty great game.

Honestly, controls and camera control are probably the biggest factor when it comes to an old 3D game aging.

2nd offense has

>engines that stall if left submersed in water
>independent physics and shocks per vehicle tire
>highly desturctable environments
>cars that show visible signs of damage before exploding

Shits got some tech goin on. Still feels great to play too.

Digimon World

Is this a new way of coming out of the closet? Like instead of just saying "Dad, I'm gay" You got up to him and tell him his PS1 games aged badly?

That image is beautiful too but it's almost been posted 100k times before in low poly threads. The other one I hadn't seen.

God I wish one of these le retro shitter devs would decide to do a proper low poly game for fucking once.

Every time one of those shitters actually does low poly they fuck it up by doing a shitty pixar artstyle with lots of sharp edges and whole faces just colored one color.

You mean like this?

Some hold up better than others, but most people here think the term "aged well" means that the game is still fun to play.

>Plenty of them aged just fine.

and a lot of them aged terribly. I still love Megaman Legends and Twisted Metal 2 but time has been cruel to both. The physics in TM2 are so goddamn floaty and shitty, that and the cars are all rigid as hell polygonal blocks with wheels that don't move at all. Most dungeons in MML are just basic as all hell square hallways with the occasional big room that's still completely rigid and blocky. Both games are still a blast to play but both have aged very badly.

Compare a dungeon in OoT to a MML dungeon and you can easily see which game aged better.

This one is cheating because it's not technically low-poly, it's just extremely jaggy.

I guess but that's not too bad of an example.

I dunno the proper word for the overused artstyle that every low poly shit has now. Like instead of using the texturing methods that were avaialble back them, they use modern methods on low poly models (that are made in order for the audience to see it's low poly instead of just trying to be as good as possible on that level of tech like real low poly was, same problem with new pixelshit games) and the modern methods make it look like shit.

This looks good though.

Oooh, you mean like this?

>That giant fucking ant in the crater on that desert map

Yes.

Also see Knack or Mighty Quest for Epic Loot and anything else that looks like that cancerous artstyle.

Big thick low poly low detail models with the texturing is just one color to a face most of the time.

This is good, see how it's also low poly, but the texturing is done properly as to how real low poly games texturing was done. There is no ugly filtering on it either but there is multiple different colors on each face and it's got that pixeled affect on the colors which looks great. A lot of people forget this about low poly.

I wonder how much it would cost to do a game with the graphical fidelity of that image there today. How much less would it cost to only do things in low poly and with low texture res just like that.

Well first, the 'gaming community' would have to start liking low-poly in the first place, which is unlikely because fifth-generation bashing threads like this are very common and rarely change. Then indie developers would have to make a large quantity of low-poly games that perform well in sales, which also isn't likely because indie games don't usually do well enough to gain mainstream attention. Finally, major development companies would notice this hypothetical success and try to emulate it for monetary gain, which ALSO isn't likely because AAA games take the time to polish every minute turd in HD rather than focus on artstyles and charm because of innovation for innovation's sake.

mega man x4

Or someone could just make a low poly game because they felt like it, sales and hype be damned.

I never understood why people do low poly with low resolution textures. Granted, low poly with decent texturing and good lighting kinda hides the low poly stuff itself. I had no idea Redout was supposed to be a low poly game until I played it.

I personally would see no point in releasing a low-poly game if nobody liked how it looked and wouldn't buy it; it would be a passion project that goes nowhere as usual.

I think low poly with high resolution textures for sure still has a place. Hell if simple as fuck pixel games can sell low poly can sell.

Solid 3D platformer with a 10/10 soundtrack.
youtube.com/watch?v=KOXH_8kSz_w

youtube.com/watch?v=u3jSVzt3SEE
BUUUUUUUUZZZZ

Densha de GO!

This whole level is infuriating

Ape Escape. It's like collect-a-thon fine wine.

ITS TOO BAD I WILL NEVER GET TO PLAY IT I DONT HAVE A PLAYSTATION

emulate it, stupid

but i have and AMD CPU everyones knows they are complete shit for emulation

you can emulate ps1 on a phone these days mate

they should just port it to the PC so its easier really no game should be exclusive

If something game out today that looked like

I would buy it. I am pretty sure other people who grew up with the PS1 would as well. I fucking love that low poly low texture res so much. Also low poly but high texture res such as Max Payne 2 also looks really good. I think aside from Max and the other character models everything in that game was very simple geometry and it looked great.

Other stuff that looks great is the Build Engine's early 3D and Quake Engine stuff.

I don't mean I want this to become some new oversaturated standard, I just want a few games here and there doing this.

Because low res textures look right for low poly models. Also odd you mention Redout which is a HD Wipeout remake, when there is another dev doing the same thing but keeping the low poly and low texture res artstyle intact. BallisticNG. It even keeps the wobbly polygons from PS1 rendering intact if you want but it's an optional feature.

Pic related, it's free on steam right now BTW.

anything NOT on the n64 that system does not have a single game that didnt age like milk

Didn't they get a different comedian for the shitbrit version? Who's better?

Here'a better screenshot I took myself.

Well I have to agree with this. The N64 had some weird filter put over the textures making them extremely blurry which looks horrible compared to PS1 textures.

what would the point be if it runs and looks perfectly fine emulated, if not better?
shit only takes like 5 minutes to set up

Crash 1&2, original Spyro. Second one is full of dumb shit. Third has even more stupid shit.

My negroid

so people like me with a shit tier AMD CPU can play it

The games on it that could've run on SNES, like Klonoa and Tomba.

3D on PSX was pig disgusting, though.

Sheep Raider is a timeless gem. It's a great game with a great soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=WiMky9D1bog

Alpha 3

>3D on PSX was pig disgusting, though.

You're disgusting.

Early 3D is awesome.

you are disgusting, you piece of trash

all these people who think early 3D looked bad are clearly faggots of the highest degree

>this is good looking

>replayed this
>just a good as I remember
also what the fuck was this bullshit?