How old were you when you built your first gaming pc?

How old were you when you built your first gaming pc?

Other urls found in this thread:

electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/9850/what-is-the-purpose-of-an-io-shield-on-a-computer-case
exhentai.org/g/834219/fa13ecf9bf/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Exactly 20, from scraps

after i got my silicon wafer press and electron microscopes and small army of koreans.

so about 6.

>4 HOURS TO BUILD THAT

hahahaha

little nigger bought a stupid ricer case

>nigger builds shit
Stop the presses. Next you'll tell me they can build clocks as well.

16 when my mom got my dad's life insurance payout.

>black engineers

I would rather forget that build

>enginiggers

I was about 10. but I wasnt black, so it didnt make new headlines

12 or 13. It was a 486 DX2 66 with 8 megs of RAM. It was basically spares from when my cousin upgraded to a Pentium 75.

God, that was a long time ago.

23 because I recently built it. That kid is going to be lonely unless all his friends play league or something. Should of gotten a PlayStation to play with his friends online.

I remember that, 6 year old girls can "build" a PC these days. I build my first PC when it actually was a big deal. Hell my first CPU I killed when I put the cooler on it.

what was the first game you played on it gramps

I remember taking a few classes about basic computer hardware and software when I was 12 where we would build PCs, do a few things in MS-DOS and shit. I only built a PC for myself when I was 18 though.

>Playstation Legion nigger

>save up money to build computer
>probably so proud of himself
>probably made local news because his mom shared it on facebook
>he'll go online to play, get all excited
>probably got called a nigger within 10 minutes of his first tf2 game

poor kid desu

Im more surprised he got $600 at 11.

I was broke as fuck as a kid.

Building a PC these days is fairly easy, little more than legos. I remember having to set the color pins to make a blakc & white monitor capable of displaying a few extra colors when I was a kid.

>building a pc is impressive to the retarded population

I built my computer when I was 15 and barely had any exposure to the internet until I was 13 due to family being poor and unwilling to get an isp. Its literally just lego blocks and reading the manual. Its so fucking standardized these days that its impossible to fuck up unless you dont pay attention or carelessly do something stupid.

>be inbred retarded white trash from southern Louisiana
>assemble a PC at 16 with little problem

any fag can do it

What's wrong with that? The more diverse the sciences are, the better for basically everyone on earth.

15, 970+i5 4690k. Still use it to this day.

>diversity for the sake of diversity is a good idea

shut the fuck up

>£600
>high spec

First time upgrading was 11, first time building at 14.

Who said that? There are qualified engineers who are black/female etc.

>GodSaveTheQueen.Jpg

Is that an actual troll?

I was 18, AMD fx 4100 and an HD 6860 I think it was. Super cheap, lasted me years too. I was shit with cable management in my first build though.

Fuck, i got an nzxt case and it too me a long ass time to build in that thing plus do the cable management. too me about and hour in my old rosewill case, took 4-5 hours in the nzxt case

tfw have had PC parts sitting around since August but too lazy to finish building it.
All I need to do is connect a few wires and install interject for a moment

Never. I build it just so I can browse facebook fast. Not for gaming.

Close this thread and go do it.

no u

Is that him? He looks a lot older than 11 if he is 11 thats a pretty big achievement to do on your own.

Wrong. When you focus on diversity rather than the most qualified person then we end up with people like Neil Degrasse Tyson who has contributed absolutely nothing to science.

And yet somehow he has an esteemed spot among scientists that are many times his better because he just so happens to be black and charismatic.

Ayoooo nigga lemme solder dis mobo.

20. I forget the CPU, but the GPU was the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. It was made just in time for HL2 and WoW.

Websites literally guide you part by part now days any idiot can do it. I built a gaming PC as a teenager in the mid '90s with parts from Comp USA. The only difference is back then plunging a wire on to the wrong jumper pegs resulted in fire.

I would say never, but I bought mine already assembled back in 2011, chose the parts and everything, was 14 years-old I think.

i did the same, and if he used an online guide then its not as big of a deal.

Finally had enough money to make my own after years of having to use a fucking Dell Optiplex that was so shit it couldn't run stock maps from CS:S without the fps dropping to 20. I had a laptop that was better but it ran so hot it wasn't worth setting the motherboard on fire trying to play anything decent.

I just bought a used one and upgraded some parts.

25 this year

Built my first computer with 7 - also did the jumpering myself.

21. I recently built it about 2 months ago.

Took me 2 evenings and when I built it I accidentally had the reset and the power button swapped. Also had the audio incorrectly connected so my headphones would only work in one ear.

Also I accidentally ripped off the lever on the PCI-E slot but that was actually a benefit because now I can remove the rx 480 easily if anything needs to come out. I have it screwed in really well anyway.

It sure was nice going from PS3 to PC. No regrets.

at 11 i was too busy playing sega like everyone else

>"build"

this term is offensive to people that can actually create something from materials.

You aren't 'building' a computer, you're literally just connecting up pre-assembled parts. If you can't even manage that then you might be legally retarded

hello Joshua

>The more diverse the sciences are, the better for basically everyone on earth.
proof?

is that a woman(female) because if it is

The joke is that he's holding the part that gets hot you mong. He'll burn his hand.

It's a female(male)

Look at that picture again.

I remember it

20 when I had a relative help me.
27 by myself to gut out my old rig and put in a new one.

Couldn't afford to buy my own parts until I was 21 so then.

Built 5 PCs since then. Forgot the I/O shield on 3 of them, including the current one. Don't know how I keep forgetting that shit.

Good thing that isn't on.

Your post is offensive for people who actually know how to use a dictionary.

17 after graduating from highschool

Like 18 I think
Why did he buy a ricer case while doing a budget build?

I've built 2 computers including the one I'm typing on right now. What the heck is an I/O shield? Should I be worried?

I walked into a store and said "i want to build a PC"
they did everything else for me

My dad taught me how to put shit together when I was probably around 14 with a PIII. Then he bought parts for me to build my own computer when the P4 Prescott (I know) came out. I was probably around 16 then.

First computer I built with my own money was with a E4300 when I was 21 maybe.

you're never too young to learn the truth lol

Why build it when you can have plebs build it for you

I am looking at that picture and I can see the PCI-E slots for the casing but no GPU. What the fuck?

How long do you think it'll be before another nigger breaks into his place and steals his computer?

i can build computers, how much money can I make?????

It shields your computer from deadly I/O rays through the Ozone layer.

Also it's the metal plate over the MOBO area in the back.

I built my first computer when I was 16, I never built a gaming PC though because I'm not a faggot who wants to spend an extra $400 to play console ports with higher framerates.

>forgetting the most important part of any build
almost clinically retarded

13 or 14 my older brother game me an old PC and I gradually saved up and upgraded that components until I basically rebuilt the entire thing.

electronics.stackexchange.com/questions/9850/what-is-the-purpose-of-an-io-shield-on-a-computer-case

Basically to prevent EM radiation leaking, keep the ports nice and in place, and aesthetics.

Should have come with the motherboard. You install it before the motherboard and make a blood sacrifice on the shield's sharp edges to ensure nice frames per second and good airflow.

You got the source on that? I know it's a boy

When I built my first was around 18 when I finally had a job and enough money to buy one.

But I got parts from various sources for years when I was 12 - 16 and built a really really shit computer that barely ran anything.

uh like 10 years old.
also, I literally soldered a circuit at that age as well.

well are you a nigger?

anyone have any follow-ups on this chimp? i want to give him something special for his 12th kek

exhentai.org/g/834219/fa13ecf9bf/

I mean, if it's your first time building a computer, that's a pretty normal time.

What's your job?

I want to know if being able to build a computer can land me jobs, I put "built a computer age 15 on my resume

Much obliged.

no.

I was 9, and how the fuck is this news? Is it because he's black?

>whizz kid

holy fuck my sides, building a PC is literally legos

I built my first computer when I was about 14 back in 2003, had a bit of help with dad. Had like a MX440 geforce in it, need for speed underground with motion blur effects working was insane at the time.

Back then you still used to actually have to seriously worry about ram and fsb cpu timings and voltages. Now it's literally fucking legos.

Also, current setup, because I feel like a bit of a brag. Just got a 1080 in my main rig.

Holy fuck my 120hz monitor looks bad in photos though, the mac's IPS shits all over it

Oh these things... I thought they were just to make the back look nicer.

19. Built it to play Stalker and Bioshock. I did have help from my brother-in-law the first time because I didn't know shit about computers.