Best Elder Scrolls?

For me it's this.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tf573MBFq0I
youtube.com/watch?v=L9REWMEOLdI
youtube.com/watch?v=Ahwwuy1aLkE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

you have to be 18 to post

Thanks for telling everyone you played it when you were 12.

:(

>morrowfag or daggerfag
>insulting anyone else
You must have 18+ brain cells to post

Sup Forums logic

>2016+1
>not having arena as your favorite, followed by shadowkey
shiggy diggy do

>oblivion is ten years old

I was 10 when I first played Oblivion

I'm 20 now

>Arena
Shadowkey I get, but Arena? Seriously? Arena? You could have at least said Redguard you cuntloaf.

Not OP here, im 25 and i agree. Oblivion is by far the best Elder Scrolls game. Morrowind is a close second, but Oblivion (with all the expacs of course) is definitely better.

....really? questlines were good, but....really?

>the entire focus of the game was good, but really?
Thats what you sound like.

>Morrowind
>close second
pls explain

The first one you played

the voice acting really ruined replayability for me. Also the combat feels even shittier than Skyrim's although it was an improvement over Morrowind. It's too bad, I love its quests and the game world is gorgeous.

>valuing muh questline over exploration
>wanting a game to suck your dick from the getgo
I mean specifically the side quests like thieves guild and dark brotherhood. The main quest was pretty much a pile of dogshit. the sheogorath expansion was cool. But seriously tho

I don't understand this meme

Skyrim's combat is identical except your stats have even less influence and it's slower and clunkier.

I'm playing it right now and everyone has the same voice also when multiple enemies are ganging up on you it just seems unfair.

I mean magic, really. I was just afraid to say that because some autismo might think I was saying mysticism being removed was a good thing or something. The way you actually use magic in combat is improved immensely in Skyrim, even if the mechanics behind it are casualized.

No, magic in Skyrim is quite possibly the worst iteration of magic in any videogame ever made without mods. I can't believe you think it's good in any capacity

>Arena
You're trying too hard, user. Shitposting should just flow naturally

The writing and lore in morrowind was probably better, but the gameplay just didnt feel as good. Oblivion felt more polished and obviously looked better. Graphics usually arent a big deal for me but in RPGish games it really helps with immersion for me. Closing Oblivion gates really felt like you were making a difference in the game world, and although not all of them were difficult, some were and some were quite time consuming. It made it feel like an accomplishment. The shivering isles was probably one of my favorite parts about that game, it really felt like you were in the dream of a crazy person. And spell crafting was probably one of the best things to ever come out of bethesda. Nothing like blowing your entire magicka pool to set off a nuke in some niggers shop, only to drop another on the horde of guards chasing you and watching their flaming corpses go flying.

Okay but I said it was an improvement over Oblivion, not that combat or magic in TES is good.

Shut the fuck up you little oblivion fanboy. Skyrim did things better and two of those things was combat and Magic. Get over it.

lol

>best piece of shit? mine is this piece of shit
Bethesda has never made a good game

Explain how.

Not only is there no spellmaking, but your stats have literally no influence on magic in Skyrim. Destruction is literally worthless without mods.
Shut the fuck up you Skyrim fanbabby, magic in Skyrim was 100% useless outside of the starter spell for restoration.

I remember when Oblivion was universally hated, then Skyrim got released and suddenly the neo-oldfags started pretending Oblivion was good.

Same exact shit will happen with Skyrim when Elsweyr is released.

Oblivion isn't good, it's just better than the trash heap that is Skyrim.

Morrowind has best quality of writing, worldbuilding, all that great stuff, but the gameplay is trash.
Oblivion is a graphical and gameplay improvement over Morrowind, and has a bunch of really great quests, but the world is relatively boring and the writing isn't as good overall.
Skyrim has better graphics, and actually has politics which Oblivion really didn't, kind of reminds me of Morrowind in that regard, but the quests and writing are really not very good.

Personal favorite is Morrowind, but I see why people prefer Oblivion. Skyrim is the mainstream casual choice.

Vanilla games, Oblivion is probably the best since it has somewhat better gameplay than Morrowind and much better quests than Skyrim. That said, Oblivion has a fucking horrendous leveling system that is objectively worse than both Skyrim and Morrowind, making your character leveling in any way but optimally feel like cancer. Oblivion's difficulty settings are also awful, and the setting for Oblivion is very open and generic.

Skyrim has all the same problems as oblivion, but not nearly as bad as Oblivion and with its own set of problems (shit level progression system, nonexistent stats, few decent quests).

Morrowind has the best game world, and the combat is workable if you aren't autistic. But for new players, Morrowind is probably the least friendly of the games. Plus, vanilla dialog in morrowind is pretty shit.

With mods, it's kind of an irrelevant discussion since mods can't fix the fundamental flaws with each game (Morrowind's shit combat, Oblivion's bland and generic world, and Skyrim's lack of decent quests)

Daggerfall would be better if DaggerXL didn't get canned and if people could actually mod it, and fix some of the shit like garbage dungeons.

Arena is truly irredeemable.

Any of the TES games II-V are playable, and really aren't that bad.

Oblivion's leveling system is better than Skyrim in a vacuum. The problem was that the level scaling in Oblivion was fucked, while in Skyrim it was slightly better.

A-and d-daggerfall had b-boobies

I really, REALLY, hate Oblivion's voice-acting. There's like 7 different voice-actors that voice hundreds of NPC's.

Every NPC of that specific race and/or gender deliver their lines in the exact same tone every single goddamn time.

Toddler shouldn't have blew the majority of voice-acting budget on Patrick Stewart and Sean Bean, it was a huge mistake.

+1

After playing through Morrowind and Oblivion with stuff like GCD, I really believe they would've been better served from a leveling system like that. Min/maxing attributes ruins both games Oblivion moreso than Morrowind, and if the games were balanced around your attributes not being shit then they would both be better.

>tfw you can't sex the prostitutes in the prostitute faction or join the prostitute faction as a qt khajiit girl acrobat
why live

A COIN FOR AN O-O-OLD BEGGAH?

Skyrim suffers from this too desu, though not as bad.

I hate how you get NPCs that are voiced by different actors BUT STILL HAVE THE SAME FUCKING LINES in each game, too.

HE'S A FAIRY TALE

youtube.com/watch?v=tf573MBFq0I

If they're going to hire like 7 NPCs for a gorillion lines of dialogue they should at least get some ones with range. At least do a funny accent or something every once and a while when you're voicing generic commoners number 1 through 189273 or something, holy fuck

THANK YOU KIND SIR

>NPCs
whoops, VAs

i remember when i first saw that i thought 'oh, she's putting on a "pitiful beggar" voice just to get money' but it turns out bethesda is just full of retards

youtube.com/watch?v=L9REWMEOLdI

Indeed. The half a dozen voice-actors probably weren't give any context for the lines but even then I don't know why the actors thought that yeah, lets deliver these lines in the exact same tone as the other characters lines, because that makes sense.

The male Dark Elf's voice-actor is probably the worst of them all.

For me it's Skyrim, intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humor.

You realize Morrowind, Daggerfall, and Arena had spellcrafting as well right? Skyrim was the first mainline ES to drop it altogether. Although I will admit, running into some merchant's shop and letting off a max area effect fireball just to send all his wares flying is something that's fun to do even to this day.

So what if he did? Did you not play video games when you were a kid?

Play Dawn of Magic 2. Do it.

Do it.

I know it's predecessor had more going on in it and it's successor had more in the visuals department, but I'll always have a soft spot for it for being the first open world game I got to try

Battlespire

All the games in the main series are shit, some (the one you posted) are super shit

I'm going to go against the generic contrarian circlejerk opinion on this one and say Skyrim is the best game just because it's fucking playable.

yea this senpai

>great quests
>comfy landscape/ towns
>shivering isles

Skyrim has this too, with rare exceptions, I could listen to Parthurnaax talk forever

>follow the quest compass til you win
>great quests

Oblivion is pure kino
>Morrowind Dialogue
*farts* "Muhahaha, welcome to my evil volcano lair, The Chosen One! Here, click on these hyperlinks and I'll give you a quick exposition dump because this wasn't naturally integrated into the story. Oh no, not my WEAKSPOT the heart! Anything but that"
>Oblivion Dialogue
"So, the cat's-paw of the Septims arrives at last. You didn't think you could take me unawares, here of all places? In the Paradise that I created? Look now, upon my Paradise, Gaiar Alata, in the old tongue. A vision of the past... and the future. Behold the Savage Garden, where my disciples are tempered for a higher destiny: to rule over Tamriel Reborn. If you are truly the hero of destiny, as I hope, the Garden will not hold you for long. Lift your eyes to Carac Agaialor, my seat at the pinnacle of Paradise. I shall await you there. "

>oblivion dialogue

youtube.com/watch?v=Ahwwuy1aLkE

Oblivion is my favourite.

Skyrim was so shitty. Bland as fuck world.