Any fighter fags here?

Any fighter fags here?

I've read/heard that this game is garbage? I've never had explanations why though. I'm not the largest or most proficient fighting game enthusiast around, but I enjoy them now and then. Could someone explain the downsides/blemishes/reasons why this game is passed over/laughed at so much?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs
youtube.com/watch?v=9xcUI5LjxMA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

youtube.com/watch?v=WAJUelWRWBs

Shitty gem system that busted the game, mainly.

Tag combos were still pretty fun and I hope MVCI has them in some form.

Fighting games survive today based on their competitive communities and viability. SFxTEKKEN was horribly imbalanced and unpolished and was shunned by the fighting game community almost instantly.

It's a 3D fighter, that's why.

It was a piece of complete shit on release.

Every match ended in a time-out, retarded gem system that was still retarded even if you ignored that it was P2W and just really shit balance in general to begin with.

That being said they eventually patched it up to being a decent game but it was far too late, everybody had already dropped it.

It was glitchy as fuck at launch
Dlc Gems that effect gameplay
All lights do 30 dmg
All meds do 60 dmg
All heavys do 90 dmg

Apparently it was made better , regardless if thats true, everyone already madr their opinions by that point

Idk know about actual gameplay balance/variety

The game was full of glitches, it was unbalanced, had the pay to win gem system and Capcom explicit said that some characters would be released as DLC (exclusive to vita version) but they were actually locked on the disc. Everything together led the community to just stop playing the game.

Eventually, they balanced the game, but damage was done and the game was already dead.

Gems were pretty shit
The game launched with literal on disc DLC locked behind a pay wall.
But
The roster was huge
Tag combos were great
Character interactions were pretty great.
Stages were great not like the gimped USF4 stages

>Stages were great not like the gimped USF4 stages

The tradeoff for this being apparently that characters themselves looked even uglier than they did in SFIV.

i remember seeing the original reveal trailer and getting hyped as fuck. amazing idea that got completely ruined by capcom's ineptitude.

rip

So not even for non-tourney, non-VS fighting matches, this game isn't fun at all?

maybe if you don't know anything about competitive fighting you may get some enjoyment out of it

but you'll probably notice a lack of quality compared to other big fighting games

Really? I love the weird looking shaders in SFxT, they look cartoony and shiny.

oh fuck im dying

I dunno man to me it looked like they just ripped the SFIV models and then put even more filters on them and they look like they're covered in vaseline.

For the Capcom characters you're right, to be honest I don't find anything wrong with using SF4 assets for what is essentially SF4 x Tekken. The shaders is preference, it's meant to be stylized with this weird solarizing reflective effect.

Street Fighter with tekken characters looking hideous and a jew DLC system that puts the one in SFV to shame.
It did have some nice cutscenes though.
youtube.com/watch?v=9xcUI5LjxMA

kek

Cross Tekken is secretly the best fighting game of recent times. It's pretty dead though.

The gem system was fucking horrible and for some retarded reason people have fits if rounds go to time.

I remember buying an arcade stick just so I could play this shit. I have no idea what the fuck I was thinking at the time, like I was gonna get good or better.

I wasn't in it for the competition though, not hard core like most of the fgc. I had a great time fighting for everyone's endings, and me and my other casual buddy always played together on co-op against the ai so we could see the endings and he would do voice overs just to make the shit even more entertaining. Dude had my sides in orbit giving his rendition of Rolento.

It also lead to some pretty entertaining (read: bullshit) matches against Akuma and Ogre.

I played a couple of times online but with the system the way it is, I knew I couldn't take it seriously like I could do Ultra Street Fighter. So I just fucked around usually doing co-op's and that one mode where four characters were on the screen at once. That shit was the best.