I don't get this place

I don't get this place.

ps2 visuals guy is right

Well there's two things happening:

1)No one here plays video games
2)Everyone is trying to bait everyone else

Kingdom Hearts is allowed to play with the visuals because the fucking characters are literally jumping to different universes. Realistic or cartoony, it works.

There's no excuse for Zelda looking like ass though. Especially since most of the game is empty grass fields.

muh nostalgia

literally all three posts on the right were me
notice it?

Are you trying to say that KH is allowed to play with visuals but Zelda is not? Really? Zelda, of all franchises?

KH is supposed to look cartoony. Zelda isn't but Aonuma likes to think otherwise.

and the KH one is an artstyle change whereas BotW is a straight up downgrade.

KH looks really fucking weird with UE4 lighting. Where as KH1 and 2 were fucking god tier except maybe for PotC.

What's more fun, genuinely enjoying something or trashing and making fun of everything? Second option easily.

This KH can be either realistic or goofy looking

BOTW on the other hand promise us a pretty looking world and instead got an empty washed mess

He didnt say Zelda is not allowed to look cartoony he just said that compared to the reveal trailer, what we got in the end was a slap in the face

Well that first shot of KH3 was shown back when they were using a different engine, so maybe they couldn't get it right in Unreal?

>there are people on Sup Forums who think this is ugly

It literally looks straight out of the movie.

What do you expect from a purposely contrarian board?

ps2 graphics guy is right, senpai.
art style >>>> graphics

If you notice the trees in the KH3 picture are the exact same model, just different texture and lighting.

Where as in Zelda it's clearly bullshit vs Wii U capability.

>two of my posts made the picture

Neat.

if the movie was made in cgi sure
it looks nothing like the 2d visuals of the movie

I didn't mean to put you on the spot, sorry user.

apologize to me too
i was the two posts on the right

The difference between those two example is that one is a complete change of artstyle but the other one is just a straight downgrade of everything.

The right side is correct. Realistic graphics look like boring garbage, developers should be focusing on art design.

It's cool bro. Don't sweat it.

I'm pretty sure Tangled was CGI and not 2D last I checked

Sup Forums likes to complain
there's nothing more to get

aint that hercules?

I'm sorry. Have a Kairi!

fuck it, it was tangled

Gg

I want to rub my dick on those legs.

Hmm.. it's almost as if.. Sup Forums wasn't just a single person?

>those mountains
>that lighting
>that weird filter

Why is UE4 so damn ugly?

>Hey, let's remake the DDS cutscene!
>Alright, let's also ruin it by having Mickey and giant ugly pink credits roll by obscuring everything!

>I don't get this place.
Then you must be a little dense, the Zelda release is just an inferior version of the reveal, hence the disappointment.
The KH update is sudden shift in art style from the series, easy to see why people might not like it.

That's pretty hot, dude.

Let's be real though. Did ANYONE actually think that the footage they shown back in 2014 for Zelda was a real representation of the final product? A game that pretty looking couldn't possibly run on a Nintendo console, and the Switch proves my point.

Bottom is consistent with the rest of the series actually, top is the anomaly.

My main problem with release Zelda is how washed out the colors are. Graphical downgrade I get, but it's not like there's a color processor that is overtaxed by saturated colors or some shit.

nobody can tell the difference between 240p screenshots from a sky view taken when nothing has rendered in, and a 1080p screenshot from a completely different point of the game that was also part of a cinematic trailer. Fucking cucks is all Sup Forums is

Left are fanboys in defense mode
Right are fanboys blinded by nostalgia
Both are queer

yuck, cgi. donald and goofy looked so odd in the ending of kh2

Kingdom Hearts is just an artstyle game triggering autists.

Zelda is just a downgrade.

*artstyle change

see

>Zelda
Graphical fidelity was downgraded
>KH
Style was changed

>Character has no self-shadowing
Disgusting.

>cherrypicking
>comparing shots with completely different camera angles

Literally not a problem with the switch

Check out any live gameplay

For the Wii U it's the RGB output that makes footage impossible to capture well

I liked the little Mickey.
Those fucking letters though.

Fucking this
I love SE CGI, and I love how KH3 looks like a full CGI game
I always dreamed about playing a future KH that looked like that

Me too. It's why I don't understand these people who suddenly appeared saying that what we saw in the KH3 announcement trailer was somehow the "correct" appearance of destiny island even though it's the only time it looked like that, both before and since.