Nintendo Switch won't have any video apps at launch

AYYYYYYYYYY

Yeah, it's not like I don't have 4 devices that can do that already.

>actually having to play video games on a video game console

how will i go on

and?

This

>raging nintendoodlers already excusing the inexcusable

I bet you think using a phone for voice and matchmaking is a good idea too.

no that's stupid
Honestly I don't see hollywood movies since ages.
Korea is where is at

I'm sorry you appear to be retarded, but did you know that you have a computer in front of you? And did you know it can do all of those things? Unfortunately for you, I do not think there's a way to watch your NASCAR events on it, but hey Nascar is the leading cause of mental retardation, and you don't want to be double retarded do you?

`2016 was an atrocious year for film and somehow 2017 looks even worse.

ok

>hollywood movies
Yeah, thats what video apps are used for.

Not buying a Switch for like a fucking year or so till there's anything good, probably not buying at all unless there's a Metroid game announced but this really isn't important. I have a Wii U, my PC, phone, and a PS3.

How stupid can you be? why have ANY features on ANY console if you can do it on another device? its amazing how far nintendoodlers are willing to go with the mental gymnastics just to suck the tiny jap dick.

So if I want to watch a movie or a video on a good sized screen I have to bring a tablet? On top of the already bulky Switch?

It's wierd how you don't want to play video games on a game system.

And yet, nobody asked you.

>I have a Wii U, my PC, phone, and a PS3.
No one cares, go put some DBZ gifs in your anime forum signature.

I mean it certainly is embarrassing it doesn't launch with this, but I also have never once watched youtube or netflix on my PS4 despite the option being there. I don't really care either way.

It also won't have any games at launch.

It's weird how you can't explain why you are so retarded so you just keep moving the goalpost.

Bu-bu-bu-but what about the ports!? And the Zelda game that runs at 900p30fps and looks like a gamecube game? that must be a system seller outside the fanboy zone.... right? right?!

If I am going to lug a tablet sized device around, I was hoping it could replace some of the other tablet sized devices I already lug around instead of adding to it.

>no Sup Forums app on launch

Really Nintendo?!

>mfw OP actually watches netflix on his 3DS

Reason is not their forte.

What the fuck do you even mean?

Thank god, wouldn't have bought it if it did have it.

>I was hoping it could replace some of the other tablet sized devices
>2 hours battery life while gaming
>replace other tablets

Yeah.... no.

things you can do on a tablet
>Max Payne, all the GTA's, Bully, Star Wars KOTOR
>Hearthstone, clash royale, pvz heroes and fuck load more
>literally every single nes, snes, genesis, nds, Playstation game, ect.
>play mario and zelda
>browse internet
>check emails
>watch videos/youtube
>listen to music
>take a photo/video
>use skype for free
>watch netflix
>use calculator
>work

things you can do on switch
>play zelda
>play it while shitting
>pay for online
>pay for phone app
>play 1 nes every month
>watch a movie in a reflection of the switchs screen (this doesnt drain battery, huge +)
>wait for controllers to charge if you want to play on a tv
>wait half a year between game releases
>wait for mario in dec

So you are saying that Switch=3DS?

Holy shit

Is there actually ANYTHING about this fucking thing that was designed with the consumer in mind or is it really just an shareholder scam?

Nintendo Switch: Just Use Your Other Stuff

>Talk about battery in the context of it being a negative
>Suddenly battery life is around 3-4 hours
>Talk about battery life in the context of it replacing another tablet
>Suddenly it is 2 hours

WOW

>playing games on a tablet
>using touch screen controls
>using a bulky ass PS3 controller attachment
>Not being able to wait till you get home to play some fucking vidya

Got bored of making that list but why would you ever use a tablet to do any of those things? aside for watching netflix or browsing the internet?

KEK nice “tablet” you have there

>2 hours of battery life for a portable gaming device
Who the fuck okayed this piece of shit?

because i can? playing pokemons or disgaea doesnt require buttons

I don't understand why it won't have any of that shit at launch. Did Nintendo specifically deny netflix a dev kit? I don't understand under any circumstances why Netflix wouldn't be up to getting their app on the console.

I'm not defending the switch here but the opposite reason (a heavy focus on video apps on launch) was one of the things we made fun of the Xbone for doing.

I'm not buying a switch but I don't think it's shit for not having immediate Netflix support.

>"It's just a tablet!!"
>doesn't do the things a tablet does and is actually a game system
>"What the fuck Nintendo!"

This is literally Wii U 2.0, they saw the big fucking failure the Wii U was and said

>"you know what's the problem? its not that this console is not powerful enough to power any multiplat, our controller is a gimmick that ads nothing of value to gameplay (who the fuck wants to be forced to watch a shit screen while playing on a 52" LED TV?) and people get locked in our system while not being able to play most AAA releases, is that people were too stupid to understand that the tablet wasn't the console, lets MAKE THE TABLET THE CONSOLE!"

They are just doubling down on their retardness because they can't comprehend that companies can sell retarded gimmick accessories separately while still releasing a console with processing power of this decade.

Well suit yourself I guess but I don't see the point.

Bootleg Nvidia shield. Nvidia shield architecture makes using apps on it a pain in the ass.

Not sure what the fuck you are referring to, but nintendo announced "2.5" hours of "gameplay" which you know they are lying.

People that think the core userbase of nintendo are rooftop hipsters and basketball players.

i dont see a point in paying $300 for a tablet to play one multiplat

you can also stream movies still in theaters on a tablet, and anime, for free.

Cue 500 posts of drones excusing and defending this with things like:
>I can do this on other devices!
>GAME CONSOLES ARE ONLY FOR VIDEO GAMES NINTENDO IS BASED FOR NOT FALLING FOR THE SAME MULTIMEDIA TRASH AS SONY
>I didn't want features anyways
Thank god Nintendo's $300 turd can't do things the PSP could 12 years ago, it just means more time spent playing Switch Exclusive masterpieces like this.

>LITERALLY A NVIDIA SHIELD WITH A NINTENDO SKIN

AYYYYYYYYYYYY

>SELLING A GAMING TABLET AS A HOME CONSOLE

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>BEING STUCK WITH 10 YEAR OLD GRAPHICS FOR ANOTHER 10 YEARS WHILE TRUE 4K GAMING ON CONSOLES IS JUST MONTHS AWAY

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

>900p30fps with low polys

AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

2.5 hours to 6 hours.
Regardless, it has a USB-C port so it can charge on the go.
Lastly, rendering and playing video games is much more battery draining than streaming and watching videos.

It is hilarious Nintendo comes up with this device for its portability then does everything it can to hamper it portability.

>Big so you can't use it with one hand, which is fine because you play games with 2 hands till you realize you need another fucking magic 3rd hand to use the smart phone app
>Low battery life
>No multimedia options so Nintendo wants me to lug ANOTHER tablet around

>is actually a game system
I have bad news for you.

I'm one of the people not buying it but that doesn't excuse you from buying tablets to play games.

I would actually buy it if it was an actual tablet with the ability to play games. I already lug a surface pro (for college) around and if I can replace it with the switch why not? Clearly it is not.

OMG NOW HOW CAN I WATCH THEM? I HAVE A PC A SMARTPHONE A SMART TV A NOTEBOOK AND A PAD! HOW THE FUCK CAN I?

Oh no what a shame, I'm going to have to pull out my phone to look at a video online on the go.

The best part is how that 2.5 hours will turn into 1.25 hours after a couple months of dedicated use draining the battery.

>tfw Microsoft releases a $300 Surface

>that doesn't excuse you from buying tablets to play games
who said that? my little sister uses only her tablet and she only plays games, it was bought solely for games and videos, but unlike switch it doesnt restricts other members to use i to browse internet

OMG I HAVE A BICYCLE WHY THE FUCK DO I NEED ANY OTHER TYPE OF TRANSPORTATION! LOL FUCKING RETARDED CARS/BUSES/PLANES!! XDDD

Reminder that there is a reddit app on Xbox One

I doubt we will see many people bring the Switch around.

No, the best part is that it won't even reach 2.5 hours from the get go, just like they lied on the Wii U battery life.

>muh sekrit club xd

Completly different, are you tard?

>more metro design, oh sorry, i mean "material"

How hilarious. So if it's a shitty portable, and a shitty home console, what's the point of fucking paying $300 for one if you aren't some kind of autistic faggot who cosplays as Mario in his mom's basement for every Direct stream? Nintendo was clearly trying to get the same hype as the Wii around this thing, but literally everything so far has alienated everyone but mindless drones.

>299 burger dollars
>32GB internal memory

I see nintendo is reaching apple levels of jew-ery

you also have a switch in your locker since release, oh wait he cant do any of that, at least you can replay zelda for the 10th time

why are people overreacting about Switch? why the fuck do you care about Switch? Don t buy It and stop shitposting everywhere.

because its a failure, and people like to watch world burn, easy target

>no video apps so no casuals
who is this console for? Timmys mom will be at the store looking at the switch or a ps4 both same price and the ps4 can play videos too. A jack of all trades, master of none, is still better than a master of one.

>what's the point of fucking paying $300 for one if you aren't some kind of autistic faggot who cosplays as Mario in his mom's basement

Yep, this is what they did with the Wii U and what they've done with the Wii U 2.0... i mean, the Switch, its going to get all the nintendoodlers, some casuals and kids, and then it will die an awful death just like the Wii and the Wii U did.

Yes or i can play Bomberman or Arms or Mario Kart Deluxe or Splatoon 2, i'm not a fucking manchild who plays game more than 1.30/2 hours per day, when i complete Zelda i can play all other games.

Because people really love Nintendo games and we are fucking tired of this retarded, gimped and completely gimmicks of a console.

Just imagine if in the 80's instead of releasing the SNES they just released another NES without controllers and mandatory PowerGloves.

Nintendo lost its edge and has been running like a headless chicken singe the GameCube, they are a corpse being carried only by the weight of their exclusives, they should die like Sega died, but Mario and other Nintendo owned games are still too strong.

>no casuals
>console is being marketed ENTIRELY for casuals

The mental gymnastics.

these*
90's*

>casuals
>not using it to browse internet or watch le funny videos
casuals are clearly not the target audience

>casuals are clearly not the target audience
You haven't been watching Nintendo marketing or you are in complete denial.

It is being marketed entirely for casuals though, Nintendo knows that their drones will buy anything they shit out, but without casuals they'll have another Wii U on their hands. Which would probably mean no more Nintendo home consoles.

>Which would probably mean no more Nintendo home consoles.

Nah, they have too much money, they won't quit the console market even if they keep failing for 5 more generations.

My guess is that after the Switch failure they are going to go back to pure consoles after they fire the retards in charge of the Wii U and Wii U 2.0.

You are delusional as hell my man. This is their Dreamcast. The 3DS sold more than 5 times what the Wii U sold even though they both released near the same time. Why would they spent 40 years making home console flops when they could just move over to handheld gaming entirely and sell a shitload of units, solely by their brand recognition and the fact that they would have basically the only handheld on the market?

>and the fact that they would have basically the only handheld on the market?
Phones will replace handhelds sooner or later, and then once again Nintendo will only have exclusives to rely on, and when people get bored of playing Mario again and again and again, they will die.

mo multimedia is so retarded, even ps2 could play movies

Okay, so coming 2020: The Nintendo Phone. Nintendo will go third party sooner rather than later, but they'll probably try to hold on to their shit for as long as possible.

>2020
>Nintendo phone
>ability to make calls not available at launch

you also have to pay for app

I see what OP means now of this close up of the switch hime screen... yeah.... just 3 apps

Please Nintendo, don't do this early on, don't rush this hardware out if its not fully equip, I don't want another repeat of Sega Dreamcast this year especially on you

Do you niggers even know how you hack your 3ds nowadays ?
You play a sound file on the music played application, that's step one.
Nintendo can't into backdoors and overall security so why would they even let you do anything but play games on their machine.
They know

we still have access to save files on sd cards, just hack them and switch is ours

>Film has been in an incredibly shitty slump.
>TV is better than ever.
I'm fine with this.

>no internet browser
>no more comfy 2006-era Sup Forums posting from a Nintendo handheld

>Yeah, it's not like I don't have 4 devices that can do that already.

the trick is finding something the switch does that your phone dosent without using the word exclusive

>Sup Forums caring about normie trash

The switch has a micro SD slot. How long until people figure out how to homebrew and hack the fucking thing?

good summary

Weren't both Brawl and Smash 4 entry points for their respective consoles? My guess is the next Smash, or some one off shovelware game that wasn't tested well like Cubic Ninja.

I don't care so no one else should care!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>it is embarrassing
>even if it dosent affect me

>YOU DONT CARE? REEEEEE