Nioh Thread

Techniques: youtube.com/watch?v=NXDi0AdgXOQ

kodamas:
youtube.com/watch?v=DZRbv9fXL9k

Rewards for beating beta:
1.Mark of the conqueror
2.Mark of the strong
3.onryoki mask- just for defeating the main boss. You need to keep your save file

What do the elements do:

Fire
>Damage over time
Lightning
>Slows attack speed and movement / chance to stun
Earth
>Increases Ki cost
Water
>Reduces Physical Defenses and stacks elemental build up
Wind
>Poisons, Damage over time, may effect Ki & movement
(interrupts or causes flinching with each re-application)

How do i quit a mission?
use a himorogi branch

tips?

First definitely do NOT try to play this like a Souls game. You need at least 20 hours before you can judge the gameplay and in those 20 hours, you better hope to god you try your best.
Why 20 hours? 15 hours to realize this is not dark souls, 5 hours to learn all the ins and outs and customize your combos.
All said and done, I had the same idea as you going into the beta. The game was boring to play until I understood IT IS NOT DARK SOULS and I should be using all the tools provided for me.
Like killing other players phantoms to get better gear, heavily using combos, unlocking skills that are only related to a weapon I already like and applying magic shit into my game. Although the beta ran for like two weeks, so I was lucky and had a change of hearts about Nioh. I wish that you see my results in two weeks happen to you in two days because I admit, the game sucks big time at first but only because it is complex. Once you unravel it and stick to 1 or 3 weapons, you start playing the real Nioh. The beta was so good, I dropped dark souls 3 right then and there. Not a fucking chance I touch that shit again and I fucking love dark souls.
Give this a chance if you can and good luck!
TL;DR: The game is kinda shit at the start but only because the possibilities are endless!

Old beta guide: pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

Other urls found in this thread:

a.pomf.cat/uypsva.mp4
usgamer.net/articles/team-ninja-ninja-gaiden-needs-to-be-in-the-shadows-for-a-while
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. Means regards, it's foreign internet slang.

>there are people who complain about being underleveled for encounters
>I just did this over and over in the first stage until I was level 20

a.pomf.cat/uypsva.mp4

this is starting to act like a general

I don't understand tempest.

Do you use it after an enemy is oit of ki? Why not just do the crit then?

>First definitely do NOT try to play this like a Souls game.
Wrong. It works, just makes combat bit slower.
Unless you were a faggot hiding behind a great shield all the time in which case kill yourself.

This shit is gonna be in every Nioh thread now ain't it?

So the first time i beat the demo i did the co op mode where you share lives. After that I chose to start a new game and start over cos i didnt like my build. Will i still be able to get the ogress mask?

No this buttmad shitposter will get bored of his self-depreciating garbage eventually

t. conquered

thats the best way to play. spending time learning what attacks are and arent paryrable and their windows takes way too long

It probably will have a general of its own once the game comes out, but for now these threads will die off after the weekend.

It's no worse than LE CONQUERED XD LOL which is never going to leave despite being outdated 6 months ago.

yup

The fanbase has been sitting on the precipice of staying chill and descending into Souls-tier shittery, and it seems to finally have been pushed over the edge
At least the souls community was good a decent bit past release, this game hasn't even come out yet and the fanbase has gone to shit

Someone post the conquered/conqueror pasta plz

t. shitter

Sweet just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on it.

do the luckbringer talismans affect chests?

GIT
U
D

Side note: why does every coop host fight revenants by the damn waterfall and why do they ALWAYS get pushed the fuck in like fucking idiots.

Help me you faggots

Who else here felt good as fcuk beating Munshigi while underlevled as fuck with starter gear?

Took a lot of tries but felt good

>ninja gaiden died so this borefest could exist

I don't want to burn out myself by playing the demo too much after beating it.
Let's say that I want to focus on Ninjutsu, what should be the weapons I'd be focusing on using?

I do have to say besides these t. post (which may end up being the same dude replying to himself) these threads have been chill and helpful. Maybe it is the PC players that make the Souls threads so shit after all

t. pcmasterace

Black was the last good one, good riddance.

yes

kusarigama and 2kat

Anything that scales with Dex

Is mark of the conqueror store page not loading for anyone else??? I beat the main mission, sub mission, and twilight mission if that makes a difference

How is the fanbase shit? You seem like the only one bitching.

Uh, what are you asking? Use what after you run out of ki?

So once I beat Ogress, I get both Marks and the Mask or do I need to finish the Twilight Mission?

This isn't fair.
The demo is out for only two days and my internet fuck up because of a storm.
My isp said that it'll be until Monday before they can do anything about it.
By then it'll be over.
I already got the two marks so I guess I won't be missing too much but still this sucks.
Hope you guys are having fun.

usgamer.net/articles/team-ninja-ninja-gaiden-needs-to-be-in-the-shadows-for-a-while

t. xboxshitter

>tfw have helped at least 20 people with twilight ogress

No problem nerds

S
H
U
T

T
H
E

F
U
C
K

U
P

>died
>not murdered with with the shitfest that was 3

works for me, i have the strong and conquerored marks downloaded

What stats should I level if I only use 1 kat and 2 kat?

If this game doesn't have a skill tree for Unarmed in the full version I'm not buying it.

Bare-handed parrying and fucking people with their own weapons is more fun than it has any right to be, but the fact that you only have a 2-move combo and a kick when you're unarmed is fucking bullshit

Fuck you.

ddid you play ng3 or yaiba z? ninja gaiden needed to die.

Where do I find High quality lacquer material?

Ninja Gaiden died so Devil's Third could exist.

My dick

That's related to something I wanted to ask; is there any indication that you have the Ogress Mask? I beat the lily mission on normal and got both marks but I don't recall anything saying I'd get the new mask.

Heart for 1 kat and skill for 2 kat

Jesus bro, was trying to help you and you drop the f bomb on me?

>tfw level 43

Anybody else /overleveled/

Fuck off Shichika.

>mfw just noticed this game has different difficulty settings

You can force lower tiers into higher tiers.
If not, lots of disassembly.

My ass

The saved data gives it to you. Don't delete the demo till post Nioh launch

there is a message that pops up that says you need to keep your save from this demo to get it in the full game

Three free extensive demo runs anyone can participate in will do that. Once the game's actually out it'll settle more, mostly because the bitter gay cunt shitters won't continue being a part of it.

Can't see it for all the dragon dildos crammed in.

>was trying to help you
No you weren't.

>devil's turd

what a piece of shit that was.

Alright, then I'm just blind. Thanks

pizza face was not responsible for NG being good

What do they change though? I'm not gonna play on hard if all it does is beef up enemy health and damage.

>not oni dildos
Fuck off, conquered scum.

He's talking about twilight missions

Dude go read your post and see if you can tell what the fuck your even asking you nigger faggot

That's why they stopped being good after he left right?

Makes sense.

Also what kind of shitty pizza do you eat?

True.

This game doesn't quite scratch my itch for challenging action games like NG 2 did.

The Alpha did,but they have long since watered this game down from the alpha,so i may end up getting Nier instead.

I was getting wooped in the Nier demo and you cant run or cheese shit like you can in Nioh so you have to get good

So what do you actually gain from raising strength and skill? The damage increase appears to be minimal.

>I don't understand tempest.

>Do you use it after an enemy is oit (typo of "out") of ki? Why not just do the crit then?

You're clearly illiterate.

Debating cancelling my amazon preorder and going to a local gamestop for the midnight lunch just so I can play a little sooner. Doesn't hurt the pizzahut next to it is open to 2am.

Why don't you actually fucking look at the stat screen?

Jorougumo > Yukionna > Hinoenma > Ogress

GameStop/EB have an exclusivity deal on the Sanada Yukimura set, for what it's worth.

no I mean this

>Full release has adjustable difficulty based on performance
>Starts on normal
>If you do well and beat a level with no deaths it asks if you'd like to ascend to Oni difficulty
>If you do poorly and die a lot it asks if you'd like to retreat into Conquered difficulty

That's what I'm doing
The only purpose to raising those stats appears to be equip requirements? The damage you get from increasing them is barely worth mentioning.

Oh sorry man, english is my third language, i'm from Brazil. Tempest is a pointless skill right now

do you know which Yokai drips the Hair of Yokai? I want to make The bow of the westerner and already finished the twilight mission three time but still haven't got it.

thanks for the kek

youre the kind of person who thinks team silent was a monolith

Thank you.

It stopped being good long before oatmeal cookie left.

Where is the list of gamestops that do midnight launches? It's been so long since I been to one but I do remember them having an online list for it

Nope. Just saying "he had NOTHING to do with it" is pretty far fetched.

What the fuck is Paralysis supposed to do? I'm trying out the weapon buff, psralytic shurikens and paralysis gas bombs, but they sure as hell aren't paralysing people. Is it just supposed to slow them down?

Can't be bothered to go check, is Tempest the dual sword thousand slice type move?

it only works sometimes it seem or demons are more resistant to it

Single Katana, guard after breaking enemy guard or something like that.

>time locked content AND preorder exclusive content

what the FUCK
I thought this was gonna be /ourgame/ sonybros... how could they fucking do this to us?

The demon reward helmets can be gotten in the full game by beating the bosses. People who beat the demo just get them from start.

No idea, sorry senpai. I'm from the third world PAL territories.

It's a Koei Tecmo game being released in 2017, pre-order DLC shouldn't come as any surprise.

Stop lying.

Stop believing lies.

hmmm source

Real sonybros™ preordered the Digital Deluxe Edition™ on Playstation™ Store™

Why go through some third party peddler when you can give your money direct to Sony™ instead? #4ThePlayers

>starting a general thread in /vg/ for a demo that's only available for two days
How about you suck a fuckin diiick

Unless you're getting digitally, it's no lie.

It's available for the first two weeks after launch according to the PSN store. So not even a preorder bonus.