What is the second most overrated game of all time after Super Metroid?

What is the second most overrated game of all time after Super Metroid?

OoT

Mario Galaxy

Literally any Nintendo title

Undertale

Dark Souls

LTTP

Mario Sunshines

Super Mario 64.

FF7

What is a genuinely amazing game with no strings attached?

Except it's not overrated. It's fantastic. A large number of people enjoying something doesn't lessen it's value.

Your favorite game.

Nah, SM deserves the praise. Undertale is overrated. Last of Us is overrated. A Link Between Worlds is extremely overrated. Mario Kart 8 is overrated. The switch Port looks like it will fix some major issues though

FUCK YOU

>OoT
>overrated

name a better game in the genre then

>Except it's not overrated

Super metroid is anything but ovverrated.
Old!=bad

I don't play video games

MM

Kingdom Hearts 1

I'm not saying it's bad, but I tend to see people say the series went to shit after the first game when honestly it's been improved upon by leaps and bounds. It had charm, definitely, but it was a clunky mess that hasn't aged well

The Legend of Zelda.

literally any Zelda besides Zelda II, Skyward Sword, and Twilight Princess

I'm glad you agree.

Just don't go saying a game is overrated, what kind of discussion is that supposed to spark? At least tell us why you think a game is overrated

/thread

Super Metroid is only overrated if you didn't beat it.

That explains why you are here.

the game started z-targeting
that alone makes it a top 5 game

When they say the series went to shit they mean the story went full retard, and they have a point. The first game was an innocent adventure featuring Disney and Final Fantasy characters. Each successive game has turned up the quotient of OC Donut Steels and focused less and less on Disney and FF characters.

Metroid Prime.

is super metroid now bad? which pos gaymer youtuber was it this time?

I beat it and it was ok at best, wouldn't replay

Zelda II has the best combat, everything else about it is shit.

Yoshi's Island is significantly more overrated than Super Metroid, family.

>Zelda II
>bad

Half Life 2

MGS 3

Skyrim

Fallout 3 to a lesser extent

Twilight Princess

fuck that fucking game

anyone who's impressed by "twists" is a fucking retard who'll never contribute anyting meaningful to evolution of our species in any way what so ever

fuck undertale so hard

Halo

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2

DOOM 2016

The original Deus Ex.

Super metroid is for autists. The game is just shit, but the autistic speed running fanase will always sperg out if you don't say it is one of the best things ever invented by humanity.

>post overrated games
>people just list off genuinely good games that deserve at least some of the praise they get

how about post some actual hot garbage that people will defend to the bitter end

Somebody sucks at spinesharking and wall jumps...

Witcher 3
>the most awarded game in history
>while every piece of interactivity (the fucking gameplay) is bland, mediocre or downright pandering to retards who can't tie their own shoelaces
>only reason why it got so much distinction is because muh graphics muh dialogue muh open world muh tiddies muh story with mary sue characters and literal space elves that have less lines than reskinned shopkeepers

fucken lmao

>press Y to win game
>"hurr durr you didn't beat it"

Super Metroid takes less skill than many JRPGs. Casual trash for casuals.

It's not. Nintendo actually had a company turn down their offer to develop a sequel because they didn't think they could make anything that would be a worthy successor.

handheld kingdom hearts games, excluding bbs

it's okay bud, just take a breather

Overrated games can still be great games you know

actually it was one of the most stupidly easy games I've beaten

>nobody mentioning portal

but I already posted Half Life 2

That's how I feel about Symphony of the Night. It was just hallways of boredom leading up to mostly mediocre boss fights.

Fusion is a sequel you fucking retard.

that shit doesnt even qualify as a game

nu-doom

people talked all this shit about it being a return to classic shooters but it still fucking reeked of modern console trash

I kinda liked the first half of SoTN for the fantastic presentation alone and decent progression, second half definitely is lazy tho

Both Super Metroid and SOTN require no skill, they're just button mashers.

Zelda 1, Fable 2, Darksiders 2, any given Dark Souls, Kings' Field 4
>The game started this one specific kind of lock-on which was a slightly modified version of lock-ons seen in other games

Thats like Half Life 3. They're shitty to okay games that get overly praised by memes, and they're too scared to make a sequel because those meming fucks will hate it no matter how good it turns out.

Its a game, a good one even, just not as good as people act like it is

Every metroid game other than Super Metroid is overrated.

What a weird place to start?

I mean the most overrated game after super metroid? If your comparison there isn't overrated to begin with.... I guess some other game that is slightly even less overrated? Like... ff7? OoT? Golden Eye64?

It is, it's also not as good as Super Metroid. The boss fights are great but the level design is painfully railroaded.

Team Fortress 2.

Pokemon Black/White.
Shadow of the Colossus.
Final Fantasy 6.

The Metroid series, in every iteration, always comes across like it could only be praised by people who have never played another game in the same genre.

Out of curiosity, what do you think about the sorrow games?

>Fable 2
Mmmmm

>Zelda II
>Better than OoT

At least Fusion's controls aren't shit like Super Metroid's,

>contribute anyting
Contribution is highly, highly overrated.

*insert any of the main Halo games here*

A Link to the Past, Alundra to mention the ones more similar to OoT.

OoT isn't even in the top 20 of action-adventure games of all time.

the only game, I can not, not shit post about due to it's horribleness.

Underage: The Thread

>bawwww I couldn't use muh charizard and lucario

>Darksiders 2
>better than OoT
When will this meme end? It was a good game but it had a LOT of little things that made it tedious at times.

Super Metroid's controls are fine, though. The only thing from fusion I'd even want is a dedicated missile button.

Do you have anal cancer?

It doesn't requires dexterity, and the puzzles are all obvious as fuck. Not to mention it is a glitchfest.

Bad graphics, abhorrently annoying story/characters. It's absolute dildos

This is unfourtanately very accurate

Younger kids play older games and don't understand how these games could blow your brain out. The industry is so over-saturated we get constant big releases every day. Super Metroid and Metroid in general has been copied so many times that these people don't understand the context of what was actually available at the time. The fact that these games hold up pretty well still is amazing.

Every time someone points out to you people how a game was revolutionary all you can say is "n-no it wasn't. Shut up". Well how could it be not? The industry was in it's infancy, no shit pretty much anything you could do would be unexplored territory, yet most of you people have such a huge hate boner for Nintendo you refuse to acknowledge a bunch of the games you love wouldn't be here if it wasn't for these old franchises laying down the framework.

So did OoT. I'm not saying It's a masterpiece or anything but it's better than OoT.

TitS and Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger is at least a good game though, TitS is garbage

All the mainline Pokemon games
>It's just fucking type matching
>For several hours

Not an argument. If they wanted, they could patch it or sell DLCs.

Bioshock Infinite, people treated it like it was a masterpiece that changed the world when really it was just a B+ console shooter.

your upcoming life's story in a videogame.

Do you know why i hate Undertale? cause it's the best game ever made. the graphics look like they were drawn by a four year old, with the talents of Pablo Picasso in his prime. Which is what i would of said if i like the graphics, which i do. Not. Narratively this game is a paragon of interactive storytelling every choice you make weighs on your conscience because every connection you make with the characters feels organic, and thats why im giving this game a five out of five... billion. it fucking sucks.

>literally copypaste genwun pokedex
>remove ALL extra features of previous games
>fullretard story
Yep. Black/White sure was great.

i've been saying it for years

street fighter 3 syndrome

It is.

That's not Metroid: halo edition

Never played them. I wasn't a fan of the weapon mechanic. The last metroidvania I played was Circle of the Moon which I remember liking a bit more than Symphony but I still prefer the old action platforming oriented ones.

kinda true but 1 gets more praise and isn't much better a game, story is better but gameplay is horrendously clunky.

>rehash of the original Metroid and RoS
>revolutionary

Why are Superfags so delusional?

Alright guys stop meming. What did you ACTUALLY think about Super Metroid? Don't be scared, say the truth.

fun

>literally copypaste genwun pokedex
Only a few lines and they are distinctive enough to stand on their own.
>>remove ALL extra features of previous games
Massive overstatement that can apply to previous gens as well.
>>fullretard story
Every story post gen 2 was full retard. Exploding a volcano in the middle of the region to "expand land" is fucking retarded no matter what your age is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion but you're in a very small camp bro. I personally think fps suck balls but that doesn't mean most other people don't enjoy them.

>rehash
>level design and a lot of gameplay mechanics are completely different

Literally what are you talking about?

>It doesn't requires dexterity
Fair enough
>puzzles are all obvious as fuck
says you
>is a glitchfest
plenty of good games have glitches, unless its an unavoidable game breaking glitch it doesn't really matter
>Bad graphics
compared to what, half-life 2?
>abhorrently annoying story/characters
says you

>shit camera
>Z-Target that spergs out and pick enemies at random
>Death can't roll over tiny 2" ledges
>shitty God of War combat
Nigger, OoT is significantly better. I used to think it was a good game, but after playing DS2 and realizing how easy it is to fuck up, I have a new respect for OoT's developers.