Got this from humble monthly, 2 hours in and I don't enjoy it that much

Got this from humble monthly, 2 hours in and I don't enjoy it that much.

There's way too much text while the story doesn't seem that interesting and the game looks like shit. It also seems like it's a long game

Should I drop it?

>weebshit
>shitty boring dialogue, bad graphics style, way too drawn out

GEE WHO THE FUCK KNEW

The game is famed for it's worldbuilding not the story itself

>on a weeb website
>complaining about weebshit
POTTERY

>way too much text
You bought a JRPG you fucking tool, what did you expect?

It's pretty good, the sequel is one of the best JRPGs of all time, but if you don't like story heavy games then you should drop it.

I enjoyed it, but it's the kind of game that I had to brew some coffee to drink while playing and just immerse myself.

I didn't buy it, I got it free with xcom 2

Sorry for your loss

>The game is famed for it's worldbuilding not the story itself

if the story is shit, why would i care about its world?

It is a pretty amazing game in terms of story and world building. One of my favorite JRPGs.

Because the world is good.

>"if u like story go read a book xDD loololol look guys i'm a tru Sup Forumsirgin xDdd"
>*posts on r/Sup Forums*

FC has OK story that only gets into gear in the last 10 hours.

SC has a good story that takes a huge vacation after the prologue and only returns in the last 25 hours.

>Estelle
>boring
Abysmal taste

It takes a VERY long time to build up, but by the end of the story (like, 50 hours in?) you're punching an eternal divine construct in the face atop the floating ruins of an ancient skyfaring civilization as part of the Illuminati's plan to steal all the giant robots and use them to (probably) surpass God or something.

Both games are about side stories which all tie into the main plot point in some way.

In FC, you end up discovering that each region's issue is a result of the planned coup in some way, in SC it's the Gospel Project.

i dont even know what youre trying to say.
can you retype that sentence without using dumb internet slang?

yes, it's shit, don't waste your time

Where's crossdressing Joshua? A good meme list isn't complete without the ironic praising of the dude in drag.

if the world is good, wouldnt that mean the story is good?

>ironic

so it's like the Cold Steel games?

Where first game is world building and then the second game is the shit hitting the fan?

Weissman just wanted people to stop getting so mad over muh feelings. Literally our guy.

Yes, except when shit actually hits the fan you actually get to see the real shit happening and aren't doing irrelevant shit in the middle of nowhere or running around pretending to be Crash Bandicoot

If you've played Cold Steel then you should know the basic outline of this series; a shit ton of world building which adds context to the series much later.

>wanted people to quit getting mad
>becomes salty as fuck when he loses

Yeah but Cold Steel didn't hit the fan nearly as hard as it should've, imo a huge letdown for a second game. Felt more like Cold Steel 1 was the first 3 cities of Sky FC and Cold Steel 2 was the last 2.

I hope Cold Steel 3 manages to become the SC of Cold Steel.

Yes, but this time the boss characters aren't "holding back" you are legitimately beating the shit out of them with great difficulty.

>salty

That's because the only dumb inexperienced kid in your party is Estelle (canonically, you can bring Tita/cuck queen or something but I think canonically they probably stayed on the ship) and the rest are Bracers/an Enforcer/military leaders, unlike Cold Steel where your party is a bunch of dumb, irrelevant kids and everyone experienced and important is off doing the important shit off-screen.

I just want the erebonian map finished

I like maps

>know the map of Liberl like my right hand knows dick
>still can't remember the layout of Erebonia despite being there for twice as long
Not having a clear geographical map easily accessible was a mistake.

Anyone else found reading and mentally piecing together the corrupted data logs describing the history of the Aureole was far creepier and more atmospheric than reading the decoded and reconstructed forms?

>and everyone experienced and important is off doing the important shit off-screen.

yeah, like fighting those magic knights.

Or those two generals that only seems to be cutscene fodder

It suffers from Oblivion syndrome where you just teleport everywhere you need to go so you have no need to remember the layout, unlike SC where you have to take airships or travel on foot to get to other cities.

>unlike Cold Steel where your party is a bunch of dumb, irrelevant kids
I think Rean, Millium, Laura and Fie could at least put up a fight against SC's party. The rest, nah.

A game that requires investment is such a foreign concept to gamers these days. People expect immediate gratification.
do you honestly expect to be taking on the big bads and uncovering plots within the first 20 hours?

No niggah, you spend 40 hours just enjoying the ride, takin it slow, before shit hits the fan and your on an 80 hours ride to save the world.

And after that? Turns out there;'s mulitple countries with interweaving plots and schemes.Assuming you speak japanese that is. The cold steel series is fine to play without crossbell.

>make game about civil war
>civil war takes place off-screen
I will never forgive Cold Steel 2.

Nope. Rean is the strongest and he'd still get bodied by Kevin and would tie with Joshua/Mueller

>becomes salty as fuck

>make a series about civil war
>civil war doesn't happen until the epilogue of the first game
>happens off-screen in the second game
>third game seems like it might be about Crossbell's liberation
I guess they realized people wanted more of Crossbell and less of the CS cast after how much the Divertissement in CS II was liked by the fanbase and the lukewarm reception of everything else in the arc.

>Nope. Rean is the strongest and he'd still get bodied by Kevin
Kevin is always holding back.

>and would tie with Joshua/Mueller
If we are allowed to count Mueller, then we are also allowed to count Sharon, Sara, Claire, and Toval

You mean in orge form right? I cant live with myself if rean was strong enough to fight joshua or mueller

Don't forget Zane.

>The cold steel series is fine to play without crossbell.

that is what I did. I did end up beating the first town of Trails in the Sky.

I wonder if my PSP still works.

You either have ADHD or a terminal case of shit taste. Take some Adderall then try again if it's still not clicking for you then consider suicide.

Normal Rean ties with Lloyd who is weaker than Joshua.

There is legitimately no reason to play the PSP version when the PC version is superior in every respect.

>Sharon, Sara, Claire, and Toval
Only Sara, since the rest are guest party members. You're forgetting that the only weak party members in SC are Tita, Josette, and the cuck queen. Aside from Sharon those other three are still basically on par with most of the rest of SC's cast like Agate, Zane, Schera, etc.

Then shit gets even more whack in 3rd when you have Alan and Renne thrown into the mix.

Well yeah im fine with that, not that I know much about lloyd

Yes, in ogre form. Out of ogre form he gets bodied by anyone who isn't Estelle, Tita, Josette, or Kloe

Wait did Alisa's mom hire a ouroboros enforcer as a maid on purpose? Why not give her a better job title.

Cold Steel would've been so much better with Crossbell knowledge in my opinion. The game bombards you with shit that makes you go "I know this is a reference, but I don't get it".

Yes, she basically hired her as a personal assistant and bodyguard.

>Why not give her a better job title.
because no one would expect a maid to kick your ass and to be an enforcer of a secret society

the first game really didn't have much Crossbell stuff but then the 2nd game had the whole Azure Tree shit and Crossbell going independent (which I assume is the events of Zero & Ao?)

Rean could probably take anybody weaker than Zane

Crossbell's declaration of independence happens in Ao, yes. Once the Aions are online the mayor declares independence because the Aions will stop any attack from Calvard/Erebonia which actually causes the start of the civil war in Erebonia since one of the Aions erases Garrelia when it fires on Crossbell after another Aion BTFO the army's invading force.

Rean would tie Estelle without his ogre mode. With his ogre mode he can tie Zane, Schera, Agate, and the other adult characters just barely.

If you've ever heard a homeless man tell a great story, you know you can live in a shitty world and tell great stories.

If you've ever heard a rich man tell a shitty story, you know you can live in a great world and tell shitty stories.

The larger world and the stories within it are related but not identical in quality.

OP, when people say the game's story picks up 20 hours in, they aren't memeing. After that the story stays in high gear till the end of the game.

Also to make the game more bearable I recommend Cheat Engine speedhack.

And according to Cold Steel, Olivier is a top tier battle mage on par with Toval on top of his excellent marksmanship always hyped in Sky.

Nobody said the story's shit. The story's really good, but it's a slow burner that focuses on sub-plots and building up details and characters rather than a centralized, fast-paced action filled plot.

Reans ogre mode is so lame, he can straight up beat the majority of the series cast
Anyway, how strong is Agate? I never payed much attention to him so I was surprised to remember was an A rank, he can beat normal rean right? he better..

Arianrhod = Ein > Mcburn ("full power") > Viktor = Arios = Sigmundt ≈ Sword Cassius ≈ Loewe > Mueller ≈ Kevin = Wazy > Rixia = Valimar Rean > Sara = Zane ≈ Oni Rean (controlled) ≈ Joshua > Laura > Estelle = Lloyd

Probably the biggest disappointment in terms of JRPGs I've ever played (Chrono Trigger was disappointing too, but at least I can say it was overall good. This not so much).

Cliche characters, mediocre gameplay, shit story that doesn't get good until 20 hours in for both FC and SC, bad writing all over the place, especially SC (I'm the Enforcer nº XXX "Superdick." I just beat you, but instead of killing you we will see you soon enough MUAHAHAHAHH). The world building isn't even that good too, is just characters getting more useless dialog (and who gives a shit about talking to them besides autistic faggots) and the so called "super dark and powerful" moments you see them comming from MILES away (I will be severely disappointed if after all the hype Renne's past got she was just raped as a child or something, there a far worse things than that).

Overall, FC is a 5/10 and SC is a 6/10. The only worthwhile thing out of those games were the excellent MC (Estelle) and Olivier (his scene in SC was brutally amazing). The rest is shit.

I beat FC and SC but it took me an entire year to do so because the game is such a phenomenal slog.
You need Buddha's patience for this shit.

Lloyd is the biggest average joe out of all the MCs. Literally just a cop with a dead brother.

>if after all the hype Renne's past got she was
She was donated to a literal satanic cult by her parents who rejoiced in the act

Agate is B rank.

>Laura below Joshua
She's been drilled every day of her life from birth by a guy who could probably fight Cassius to a stalemate, and Joshua is only good for sneak attacks.

I've seen far worse, but that's better than I expected.

Agate is probably the 3rd strongest bracer in the region(I don't count Joshua as bracer)

Wait, if you gave FC a 5, then how come you bothered to finish SC?

no idea where I heard A rank than, maybe from his silly name

>he can straight up beat the majority of the series cast
Not even remotely. It lets him temporarily match up against experienced bracers but it's not enough to beat anyone major. He's only a little stronger than Agate in his ogre mode.

Even if Rean could somehow beat the SC party, Cassius would hear about it and just instant transmission behind Rean and separate his body into halves with a staff.

>Wait, if you gave FC a 5, then how come you bothered to finish SC?
Because people said it was a lot better.

It was better, but not by much.though. I beat it in 30 hours.

You mean she's occasionally had lessons with her dad every day her whole life, While Joshua is a literal child soldier with experience. Laura is inexperienced and low tier as far as the series goes.

Also, Laura is a bit lower than Estelle, unless we're considering Estelle in SC and not Estelle in the current point in the timeline.

The Kiseki series is pretty much all like that, the gameplay is pretty abysmal and slow, characters are more cliched than FF and DQ put together and the so famed lore and worldbuilding is 80% done through NPC dialogues, much like TES where mostly everyone is a walking encyclopaedia for some reason, 5% happens on screen, 5% happens on screen and you can play through it and the other 10% is conjectures you'll need to wait for the next game and 60 hours of slog to even hope you get some answers.

It's pretty much a mid budget FF for hipsters and VN lovers, even in japanese the games don't manage to gain much more charm, better than the atrocious localization by far, but they're still mediocre, shame Falcom made it its cashcow to the point they retconned previous cameos in old games remakes to shove in the Kiseki cast.

>She's been drilled every day of her life from birth by a guy who could probably fight Cassius to a stalemate

not to mention he fought full power McBurn to a draw

He can't beat the SC party because Kevin would slap his shit even if he had Valimar or a permanent ogre mode buff.

Joshua is a weakling on Enforcer standards, but he is still quite powerful, as seen when he duels Mueller, blocks Renne's attacks and one-on-ones Loewe.

Laura on the other hand has zero non-gameplay feats.

But can Laura teleport, make shadow clones, and survive dismounting a plane mid flight to grab onto an approaching plane?

Her gameplay feats are pretty lame too, she's outclassed by Rean, Millium and Sara.

She'd be better if her Arcus didn't have two forced blue slots for no reason.

Arianrhod = Ein = Demon McBurn > Cassius (sword) > Loewe = Arios = Sigmund = Victor > Cassius (staff) > Kevin > Rixia > Zane ≈ Renne ≈ Wazy > Duvalie ≈ Sharon ≈ Rufus > Mueller > Rean (shrek) ≈ Randy ≈ Joshua > Crow ≈ Sara = Claire > Agate = Schera = Toval = Olivier > Estelle = Lloyd > Laura >= Fie = Rean

Joshua is capable of at least keeping up with certain Enforcer tier characters by himself, while Laura has to be bailed out by adults even when it's a team effort.

Where there any other games where the villains out right fear a hero, like Cassius for this series?

She still would have shit crafts and shit speed. Millium has good crafts and shit speed, but her strength stat is better than Laura early on and only a few points lower later on, plus she has a better S-craft. Sara has way better stats and crafts, and makes a good evasion tank since she has a ranged counter. Rean has good strength and speed and way better crafts. Machias has an AT advance so there's really no space for Laura in a good comp

Crossbell arc Estelle > Lloyd = Rean

Well there is a scene where Arios backs off when Rixia challenges him, don't know if that really counts.

>Some rando cop from Crossbell
>ranked above Fie who was a good enough jaeger to earn her own title in a top two PMC

Fie was never even in a major battle. She was like a mascot to Zephyr and she gets her shit slapped by Laura, who has never done anything like fight an Aion or the Demiurgous

OC.
I love Duvalie, she's too adorable.

Where do Robot Rean and Robot Crow fit into this?

>beating SC in 30 hours
Wew lad.
If you skipped every single sidequest I'm not surprised you didn't like it.

under kevin maybe? haven't played 3rd, just assuming since everyone says hes holding back

who is that one guy she claimed she beat one time?

Lowe, one of the main Enforcers in Sky.
Dude solo'ed a dragon.

>Dude solo'ed a dragon.

and how did she manage to beat him if she keeps on losing to kids?