What vidya did your parents play?

What vidya did your parents play?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consul_(representative)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Tekken 2 and Driver

CTR

My Mom always played those mini-games on New Super Mario Bros. I dunno why she loved it so much, but she would compete with me and my brother to break our high scores. Nowadays she just looks up Trump speeches and plays those gambling games on Facebook.

Life

unlike me

Pac man
Atari shit

My dad really liked Galaga. I remember playing it with him sometimes.

My mom played the nes and snes Castlevania. She was so good at them. She'd also play this Yoshi tetris game. She played that game so much that it left a burn in mark of the menu on the TV. I didn't know that was possible on an old TV.

Man I miss her.

my dad was really into racing games and red dead revolver, it was fun playing with him and having him beat the pig josh guy in RDR for me cause I was too casual

Some game on the atari they always describe as tanks shooting each other.

My dad really liked playing horror games like Silent Hill, The Suffering and Manhunt

My mom preferred adventure games like Zelda

Me and my mom still get together to play Mario Kart sometimes

My dad used to play Mafia 1 and a bunch of random PC FPS games like Medal of Honor and pic related. He also liked Wii Sports.
The only games I've seen my mum play are Candy Crush and Wii Fit.

My parents are huge John Wayne fans, so I wasn't completely thrown off my rocker the last time I went home and found my dad had repossessed by old 360 and was giddily playing RDR. Before that, the only games he really played were the SOCOM games back on PS2.

Pong
Tetris
Pac man
Super Mario Bros
Legend of Zelda

My dad loved the James Bond movies, so he would always buy the games for me.
He never played them, but he liked to watch me play.

I think my dad played gyrus or whatever
why do you wanna know user?

He played a lot of Mario Kart with me

myst and sims

>mom is a trump supporter

I know the feel man.

Heroes III exclusively, every slav is the same.

My dad used to only play battlezone on the atari, my mom was really good at columns and now plays stupid card games on the ds or those puzzle/adventure games on tablets.

so she's fallen into the lifestyle of getting really into politics cause she has literally nothing else going on in her life?
sad!
many such cases!

tetris on a brick game handheld

My mom used to play pic related a fucking lot, my dad sometime comes join in VS game with her too.

I don't mind if she loves Trump or whatever but it seems like all she does nowadays is look up videos of Trump rallies and get mad at the news for talking about Trump. She needs a better hobby than this.

My dad played Mario all-stars a lot, especially the lost levels back when I was a kid. He got stuck at a jump for long enough to buy the strategy guide cause we never thought to look for hidden coin blocks to make the jump.

>Dad
Played Doom, Marathon, Warcraft II back in the day. I'd watch him play, and then I started playing Warcraft II with him. When I got a Playstation and when I got PS2, we'd play fightan together. Marvel vs Capcom and Soul Calibur II.

He played Civilization II from when it came out up until 2013. His favorite past time was to build Nukes and drop them on Mecca, having worked in the Middle East before. Then his Mac complained that it couldn't support it anymore, so he went to Civ IV. I think he's moved onto Civ Beyond Earth now and just takes simple joy out of killing space bugs. Besides playing on computer, he's now a stereotype for consoles where he can only look down and run into walls

He's more of a foodie nowadays, but he still plays Civ everynow and then. I love the fat guy.

>Mom
She hates vidya. When her water broke with me, she told my dad and he asked her if she could wait so he could finish a few more turns on Civ II

Some of my earliest memories are playing Ocarina of Time and Super Mario 64 with my dad. My mom played Atari 2600 and Kid Icarus on the NES, now she plays Facebook games.

You didn't have to say it like that, but yeah pretty much.

>When her water broke with me, she told my dad and he asked her if she could wait so he could finish a few more turns on Civ II

What an absolute lad

Dad likes console shooters.
Mom used to play the original Tomb Raiders.

sorry user I didn't mean to come off as mean, I was just trying to meme
have you tried helping her find a real hobby?

Age of empire was all my dad ever played.

>Dad

We used to play Descent, Doom 1, Duke Nukem 3D and some others I can't remember. Then Silent Hunter 3 and 4 some years ago. Nowadays he plays nothing, asked me to download Descent but the controls were too much and he doesn't have the patience anymore.

>Mom

Only plays shit like Candy Crush or Farm Tree Saga or something. To kill time rather than enjoying them I suppose.

I tried to ask her what kind of movies/books/shows she like but she stubbornly refuses to listen, jokingly telling me it's just as much as a hobby as me playing video games. I dunno what to do it seems like she has no real interests anymore.

Banjo Kazooie

My parents never really played much videogames. My mom plays some mobile trash on a phone but I remember when I was much younger we used to play future cop: LAPD co op or versus eachoter on split screen. Good times.

sounds like mental gymnastics desu
I guess try taking her out to do stuff?
help her get around, make some friends?
or maybe it's just a phase?
how long has it been going on?

My Mom used to play Dr Mario and Metroid for NES. In retrospect, she was probably just trying anything to fill her miserable day of caretaking.

My father tried some Moto GP2 when i got my first ps2.
Otherwise, nothing.

My mom and stepdad played Tetris, and then eventually Dr. Mario.

My dad was a bit more serious of a gamer. He had a 2600, then an NES (which he never stopped complaining about how "kiddy" it was), then a Genesis, a Saturn, and finally a PlayStation. He had really eclectic tastes: from Kaboom to Duck Hunt to Alien Trilogy to Iron Storm, which meant there was always a lot of variety of games to play when I saw him on the weekends. Then he got re-married and stopped playing videogames altogether.

She has friends and talks to them on the phone but I don't really know if she interacts with them. She's a bit overworked with little pay so I guess she just wants something that completely turns her brain off. It's been a couple years now. It's not a huge problem but I dunno if this is really how she wants to spend the rest of her years.

Mom plays computer mahjong, dad plays CoD.

My mother has never played a game in her life beyond Wii Fit but my dad used to play Crash and Space Invaders on PS1 when I was little, but he never played them much. My dad kinda thinks games are a total waste of time.

Can you help me save my parents from a pointless old age? They're 61 and 67 and they've been steadily slipping into more and more purposeless lives over the past decade. As an only child, it all too often feels like I'm the only one who can care for them, and I struggle enough to care for myself as it is. None of us wants to be a burden on the others, I guess, but I think we all subliminally manage to passively and/or actively guilt trip one another over not being there enough for each other.

Rambling, but what you and that guy exchanged just struck a nerve.

My dad used to FF, my mom like Tomb Raider and WoW

Mom used to be pretty big on PC strategy games in the 90s. Original X-COM series, Civilization, Warlords, original King's Bounty.
Nowadays it's just Heroes 3 all day everyday.

Tried gifting her a few new games, she never even touched them.

minesweeper and solitaire

>What vidya WILL your future children's parents play

Our first consul was a PS1. We started off by renting FF7, then bought it when we returned it.
They really enjoyed RPGs, when they had time, that is.

Not him.
I've gone down that road and I don't thinks it's possible. If you want to save someone, it's very dependent on the person you're trying to help - they have to want help first, otherwise one day you'll just find out that you've wasted a lot of effort and don't have anything to show for it.

>Our first consul was a PS1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consul
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consul_(representative)

I think I kinda sorta get her situation, if she has a lot to deal with it might be better to not have a big time consuming hobby
desu she sounds fine, but I can't say much
desu I'm really inexperienced with like most stuff, so my advice probably isn't the best, but it sounds like they're just getting close to the end and losing interest
I don't think there's much you can do about pointless old age, I imagine life gets pointless after that long

Something is off about Homer

I guess that was preicsely where I went wrong with my ex. Took me the entirety of my youth before I finally understood.

Feels terrible to have to apply that dreadful insight to life in general; here I thought it was just her who was a shitty human being. Guess I have to accept that it applies to life in general.

Pic related. They played the Wacky Wheels Wacky Ducks minigame so much that they could get the top score on every level.

My mom liked Raptor: Call of the Shadows as well.

>Dad hadn't played games since Pac Man was introduced
>Decide to let him give GTA2 on the PSX a try
>He laughs with glee as he presses the fart button and runs around punching people's face in.

Good times...I wish he would be happy like that again.

My dad used to play Mario golf for the n64 all the time

Now he just plays Facebook virtual slot machines

>parents
>play
>vidya

aha...ha...ahaha...ahahahahahahahahahahahah...
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

user, my parents HATED vidya. They hated VIDYA and they hated MEEEEEEEEEE

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

My mum and I used to play Tomb Raider and Broken Sword together when I was young. Good times!

>getting close to the end
Nigga they probably have twenty years ahead of them. They're both still fully capable of doing useful and exciting things with their lives, but one is too stressed out and the other is too careless. Both just sort of marinate in nicotine, self-sufficience and indifference.

not everyone lives that long, my grandma died at 60, my grandpa at 70
I think that's pretty close to the end
but like I said, I'm dumb and don't know much, my advice probably isn't very valuable

My dad and I still occasionally "duel" at getting the best horseback archery score in OoT. He knows I always outdo him, but he still goes at it with gusto. And he enjoys recounting his fishing pond stories almost as much as our actual fishing trips. He's still way proud that he discovered the sinking lure before I did.

Good times for all of us, user.

My dad plays pretty much nothing but emulated Mario and Myst clones. My mom plays shit like Candy Crush. My stepdad literally only plays Skyrim. Just the same game, over and over; I don't understand it.

True enough; there' no such thing as guarantees. I could be parentless tomorrow for all I know.

Don't know how I'd handle that.

Best not think about it.

>I guess that was preicsely where I went wrong with my ex.
Oh boy. Yeah, these cases are the absolute worst.

>here I thought it was just her who was a shitty human being.
One does not exclude the other. Absolutely not. All sorts of people are in a position where they need a helping hand for different reasons. Very few will actually accept it.

>Guess I have to accept that it applies to life in general.
Unfortunately, it does, at least for us.

wew
really made me think about how old my parents are getting
my mom is getting close to 60, I imagine if it weren't for me she wouldn't have much to do these days

Frightening, innit?
>I imagine if it weren't for me she wouldn't have much to do these days
How so?

little fighter 2

I'm a troubled person
she spends a lot of her time taking care of me, supporting me, advocating for me, all that stuff
I think she just wants me to be happy and end up living normally
I dunno what I'll do when she's gone tho

Minesweeper but for like 20 min when bored at work. Nothing as children.

My dad got so pissed off at the ending that he stopped buying Video Games.

I got my mom a cheap tablet for Christmas and she has graduated from playing Spider Solitaire everyday to a bunch of cute puzzle games.
It's endearing when she asks which one is better. Love my mama.

Anyway, if you want to sweeten the pill, so to speak, just show them you care. Visit them from time to time, try to avoid growing too distant, hell, rent a movie or just listen to what they have to say - remember, you'll be there one day too - old and tired, unable to sum up your experiences and feelings in words, feeling increasingly left behind as time goes by - all the good stuff.
Just showing them that you care and that you still like them is a step in a right direction.

Ey yo what the fuck why this dude jacking off in the public

my parents used to sit up at night and play balloon fight
i think that's my favorite mental image of my parents, it's so adorable that they liked playing that

He's the reason why I'm into Doom

My dad played Doom and Quake. That's it.

My mom still plays RuneScape to this day.

>Super Mario when my brother and I forced them to play
>Dad played the first 20 minutes of FF7 for shits and giggles
>Mom played some crossword game on her blackberry

They aren't gamers

>mom
The Sims (only building shit, she didn't care about the rest), SPORE

>dad
Moorhuhn, Zuma

>grandad
Wolf 3D, Deluxe Ski Jump

>grandma
grandad and I tried to make her play Wolf3D once when I was about 6 or so, she just spun around in circles shooting the gun.

>brother
hates games with lots of gameplay, prefers shit like Telltale games, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls, Life is Strange etc.

>little sister (6)
RDR, GTAV, Witcher 3 (not REALLY playing the games, more like just going around hunting animals. she likes the director mode in GTAV a lot cause she can play as animals), beat a bunch of Pixar and Disney licensed games on her own, beat Donkey Kong Country with me (I carried her on my back trough a lot of the game).

weird fucking family.

Better than being a hillary supporter, at least she is on the winning side.

Mother played Nintendo games
Father played a shit-ton of JRPGs, Command and Conquer, and Everquest

>tfw will never backseat game with dad and watch him play Xenogears and Suikoden II for the first time together again
>tfw will never play Banjo Kazooie and Paper Mario with mom ever again

My dad used to play a lot on amiga and commodore 64, he's the one that introduced me to vidya
My mom used to play cool adventure games bu mostly plays candy crush clones by now

my dad does nothing but yell at the tv watching the news all day, mainly fox news

he also watches fox news business channel a lot and claims its because he's owns his own business and needs to know what is going on, yet he owns no stocks and doesnt make much money as it is

Atari 2600.

mom played Dr. Mario on NES
dad played NES Open and someother golf game with me on NES and Sega

dementia?

My dad didnt care for them (he lived thousands of miles away anyway) and my mom thought that "vidya gaems are the devil". I envy people whose parents didnt actively hate the one activity they enjoyed.

no he's only 55
it just seems like all he wants to do is sit on the couch and watch the news

one time he got on my case about staring at screens all day and then I said so do you and he kind of realised it was true but didnt change anything, and neither did I

my mum used to play spyro with me when i was a kid. apparently she really enjoyed it, and her face lit up when she saw me emulating year of the dragon
she used to play chuckie egg as a kid

my dad used to play simpson's road rage with me.
apart from that, the only game that he's really ever played is everybody's golf, which he was obsessed with.

my casual normie dad bought deus ex on a whim in 2000 because it "looked cool." He couldn't get past Hell's Kitchen and I was 8 at the time so I didn't really care for it.

years later saw Sup Forums discussing it with high praise, thought "oh shit I have that, lets give it another go" and loved it

My dad's an avid PC Gamer but I mainly play on console

My Mom also liked Portal and the Katamari games

Dad played NES games. Mostly Zelda. He was the one who got me into video games when I was 2. Never played much after that. He played Harvest Moon: AWL on Gamecube for a little while. Neither of us ever finished that game. Nowadays he sometimes plays backgammon over the internet, but that's it for vidya.

Mom never got into games. She would play Mario Kart and stuff with my siblings and I sometimes, but it would make her nervous or frustrated and she would stop after half an hour. She plays solitaire on her iPad a lot these days.

My dad played Crash Bandicoot and Philosoma with me, especially since I wanted to see the rest of philosoma but was terrible at it.

Mother pretty much only played the well known Nintendo/Sega stuff, but my father was a literal autist who had a pretty expansive knowledge on vidya before 2000s. His autism knew no bounds, he had a room that consisted of 4500 action figures from vidya 80s-90s animu, 80s western cartoons posed like they were having a war, had a bunch of metal and animu posters, and a ton of super hero comics, various manga, and a bunch of VCs for obscure cartoons and manga.
I miss him so much, I still have his collection.

obscure cartoons and animu*

Civilization 4

when I was young I was obsessed with playing the NES and while my parents didnt play on their own I remember a handful of times when they played with me and my brother but not much

my dad sometimes will walk into the room when I'm playing and say something like oh I'm really good at this game let me show you how to do it
I hand him the controller, he dies and then laughs and gives it back

one game that I remember him playing with us was hot shots golf 2 on ps1, we rented it and he would play with us whenever we played it

My dad's really into the new Richard Garriot MMO

My father liked playing N64 and the Gamecube with a lean towards shooting games. His favorite game of all time was probably RE 4. My mother never really played anything except this bizarre time in her life that she was obsessed with Zombies ate My Neighbors for the genesis. She beat that game, which is impressive cause its BITCH hard.

Neither play any modern games these days, just tablet shit.