There's magic in Fallout now

Why the fuck did Bethesda do this?

It's straight up magic, there's no logical explanation for this presented in game.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Melchior
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You're complaining about magic.

In a game where radiation makes Zombies.

And turns iguanas into Mini-Godzillas.

'k.

whoa, never heard THIS defense before. damn, that really made me think. i think you actually obliterated him. i bet you made him wet his virgin pants... haha

Wow, troller much?

Just turn off your brain and enjoy the game, jeez.

damn..

What powers are acceptable for a Ghoul to have?

it's fucking Fallout 4 what did you expect

Because Fallout 4 IS Skyrim with guns.

cancer

its a fucking bethesda game of course its fucking terrible and poorly written

I vaguely remember a mutant who used magic in Fallout 2, so it wouldn't be anything that new.
Bethesda still sucks though.

hella sick roast bro

epic

You're complaining about ionizing radiation mutating DNA.

'k.

Casual pandering, to be frank. The "normal" fallout fanbase adores the zany aspects, so they cranked them up to 11.

lol a small shot (stimpak) magically fixes all of your broken limbs and you have the nerve to complain about this

I know fallout 3 was your first fallout game so I'm just going to put this here.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Melchior

putz.

he thinks he has magic retard, its just powerful radiation that can bring other ghouls back,

It wasn't actual magic though

From what I remember the mutant did tricks that were similar to pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

The ghoul in OP's picture knows teleportation magic and Bethesda explains it by saying "lol radiation made him magical"

FEV does all of the wacky stuff combined with radiation

>fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Melchior

Not OP but it was retarded when it happened there too. So much so that the Devs practically apologized for all the random shit in the Fallout Bible.

Are there enough mods out yet to turn this game into a simple base-building/settlement defense game?

There isn't "magic" in Fallout. It is explained as "bursts of radiation", and Oswald only believes it to be magical because he used to be a magician.

That said, there's no legitmate scientific basis for half the fantastical shit that happens in Fallout. If Bethesda had made up some pseudo-scientific reason for Oswald's magic powers, no one would bat an eyelid. You're literally just arguing over what the same general completely unscientific fantasy is called.

The most ironic part is that it's literally closer to the truth to call something like this "magic" because there is literally no scientific explanation for it.

I'm not saying it wasn't retarded and let's face it, fallout 2 is fucking retarded at times.

I'm just saying OP is a putz.

he can't teleport, he uses smoke bombs dumbass

Have you never played a Fall Out game in your life? Almost EVERY fuckin' game had supernatural bullshit. I think FO3 was the only one that tried to take shit too seriously.

Soooo you are retarded then? Yet can use the internet? good for you.

He's a glowing one. Able to do all the glowing one shit. And the rest is just his usual magic trick shit that he could do before. You would know that if you were born with the right amount of x and y Chromosomes.

Pete is that you?

There was a Super Mutant in Fallout 2 that straight up introduced himself as a magician and he made Centaurs appear out of thin air.

>Fallout Bible
It's funny because I see Bethesda developers fish about this supposedly sacred text all the time, but it's obvious from their current level of writing that such a book is probably just being used as Todd Howard's booster seat.

If he was using smoke bombs to shroud his movement then we would be able to see him while he's moving around. But he completely vanishes, it's teleportation

I smirked

>If he was using smoke bombs to shroud his movement then we would be able to see him while he's moving around

Right, because just like everything else in Fallout, real world physics apply. This is the one inconsistency in the world of Fallout. Why can't he be seen through smoke? You could see him in real life. Guess it's magic.

>appear out of thin air

out of FEV goop around him.

You know you're playing a video game, right?

Well, Fallout's always had psychic powers.

Just assume "magic" is that and move on.

>FO4 straight up has a psionic immortal non-ghoul and his family of equally immortal surface-level-lovecraft-reference basket cases

It's so fucking stupid and looks so goofy. What a goddamn waste of a plot line. That one mine with the jagged sword did a similar premise and homage a hundred times better and it was still stupid (your soldier/lawyer can suddenly see the past of these miners in vivid detail because LE MAGIC XD)

Is it true that the aliens caused nations to launch nukes?

There was a ghost in FO2 too if I remember correctly.

Fallout 2 was a mistake.

Ghosts actually exist though. Magic doesn't.

Maybe, maybe not. The whole point is to imply anything could have started it so you'll never know who, or what, actually did. Mothership Zeta is stupid on many levels, but a lot of angry nerds are even moreso for failing to get that.

Leprosy

Is this is one of the DLCs? I haven't seen this guy and I've played a lot of FO4. I haven't played Nuka World yet though.

eye-opening...

Fuck off Hines

Anything and everything Bethesda touches turns to Shit. This shouldn't be a surprise.

>theres magic in fallout -now-
talking deathclaws...

also the psychics, in NV and 4.

no, it implies that the war may have been started by an outside force.

the point isn't to bombard the player with theories to the point that the true events are obfuscated, the point is that mankind creates its own misery. the zeta theory completely shits on that.

don't act superior for others not "getting it" when you've utterly missed the point of why these complaints exist

Fallout 2 implied a computer did it, so bite me.

Magic does NOT exist

Yer a wizard Battler-kun

I'm fine with quirky shit like this in Fallout. Reminder that there was a random encouter with stone gates sending you in the in the past so you'd destroy water chip in Vault 13 just for giggles.

It's Bethesda writing which sucks.

Woah, mind = blow

edit: thanks for the gold!

edit 2: am i fitting in yet?

Computers are man-made products. Even though an AI's purpose is to think for itself, it still needs commands and programming from a human being to exist.

fallout2 was 90% memes and pop culture references, it's as canon as fo3

Fuck that guy.

not interested in discussing how realistic things are in an alternate universe post-apoc game w/ talking mutants and ghouls

fallout wasn't doing so well
so they added elements from skyrim

FUCKING FINALLY SOMEONE POSTING IT.

ghosts dont exist dumbass theres no proof all those pictures are fake just leave us alone

WOAH

REALLY FUCKING BAKED MY BEANS

LE UPBOAT POR U xDDDD

I don't really get the argument that Hines was going for, they're quite plausible in reality.

Radiation makes flesh decay faster, mutates DNA rapidly and tends to corrupt anything it touches.

That creates Ghouls and with the FEV/muscle accelerant creates Mutants. Both entirely possible.

the reason what hines said was retarded is that a lack of realism in some spots doesn't immediately open you up to a complete lack of realism EVERYWHERE.

Keeping consistency in your setting is important if you want people to actually give a damn about it.

Remember the great prophecy.

99% of Fallout 2 is non-canon.

they have nuclear powered cars and armor that is equivilent to a walking tank, you are just too autistic to allow the suspension of disbelief

None of what you said really means anything because that's how it works within the setting.

atomic technology and powered armor development is just an inherent part of fallout and have been explained repeatedly

the kid in the fridge thing contradicts repeated mentions of ghouls needing food and drink and the jet in the vault thing contradicts the fact that jet in its current state was made post-war in california

>lush and realistic scenery
>one of the biggest detractions that original fallout fans have against bethsoft is the "it's been centuries and it looks like the bombs dropped yesterday blablabla" line

?????

>no one is talking about the lovecraft obelisk in and the swamp dlc book tied to it

new reno kid rediscovered the formula, ghouls don't need food and drink but it helps them not go feral, t. autism.

that image was made before 3 came out

Do you guys even play the games you shitpost about? This is Fallout 2 shit.

So?

If it was a bad thing before it would still be a bad thing after.

they were predicting what the game would be like

I'm cumming and it won't stop it just keeps coming out unnnggghhh oh gooood

This, the "magic" he's talking about is your typical glowing one giving off radiation to heal ghouls thing.

The teleporting is smoke bombs and probably hidden panels, the same shit he did for a living while he was still human. We don't see how he does his normal "tricks" because that's not really what the focus was supposed to be. Read as: Bethesda didn't think anyone would care /how/.

INTERNAL CONSISTENCY IS NOT THE SAME AS REAL-TO-LIFE EXPECTATIONS YOU FUCKING MASSIVE FAGOLA. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A GAME BEING THIS INCONSISTENT WITH ITS UNIVERSE.

>Fallout 1 and 2 have telepaths and literal ghosts
>waaah a glowing one can use radiation but thinks it's magic

motherfucker you think I care about Fallout 1 or 2? This kind of bad writing is inexcusable fucking anywhere.

There is no excuse for you having such a narrow definition of consistent in someone else's work. The people in the Fallout reality live in a post apocolyptic world that was based on the 50's purely because that is when the populace trusted the government the most. Nothing about that screams "consistency incoming".

>arguing internal consistency within the setting
>"motherfucker you think I care about Fallout 1 or 2?"

that was the creative reason sure and then that reason was justified in game by saying technology developed faster but fashion and cultural norms did not. dip shit.

what about that is inconsistent within THE OWN WORLDS NARRATIVE

+1

Epic

Simply epic *cries*

edit: Thanks for gold!

The 50's had ended almost 200 years before by the time the bombs dropped. That isn't why they adopted the 50's as their cuture. It was imposed upon them because the gov't was about to royally fuck all persona non grata, so had to fuck with people's minds enough to go along with it. You are saying people kept the same old same old culture for 200 years straight while tech (which drives culture) was rapidly advancing at a pace that they just said "fuck it." In NV there is a vault that kills one person a year, in the end the machine tells the victim to look forward to all the things a vault dweller would never and could never experience. They sold the human population into a petrie dish on dreams of a past they can't have back.

Fallout lore had turned into TES lore, things said outright are blatantly point of view assumptions, there is usually a much bigger reason for things happening.

Nigger did you forget that Psykers exist in this world?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL he got roasted!!1 my sides are in orbit kind sir upboated with the force of a thousand suns xd le owned

edit: thanks for le gold kind strnager

That's because Bethesda's trying to fit together the Fallout and Elder Scrolls universe

Remember the Nirnroot on the Prydwen?

In Fallout 2, there's a super mutant who can summon various mutants from radioactive goop.

Psionics are a thing in Fallout lore though

The only sorcery at work here that needs explaining is why does people still care about Fallout 4; a post nuclear not RPG.

I know that this was an attempt at being a snarky smart-ass, but, ultimately, it falls flat, because he wasn't complaining.

But, hey, you tried.
Too bad the meager attention you would get for (you)rself just made you look petty.

Will this be the final blow that makes you finally end you're pathetic life?

>t. Pete Hines

What about all the Dunwich areas in the series? Yes, they are references to HP Lovecraft but they are essentially unexplained magical experiences that have been in multiple Fallout games.
Magic in Fallout doesn't bother me if it makes the world a bit more interesting.

>New Vegas kids
>knowing anything about Fallout lore

Pick one

Holy shit, ever got that autism diagnosed?

there is an entire lore series on youtube, no excuses.

So I'm playing the story missions in FO4 after just fucking off for awhile, but in order to progress (entering the Institute) I have to side with Brotherhood, Minutemen, or Railroad.
The problem is I don't actually give a shit about any of these factions.

Is there anyway I could just say fuck you to all of them and keep slutting it up with Piper, or do I have to be the Savior of the Commonwealth to advance the story?

you don't have to advance the story at all, and frankly I wouldn't recommend doing so, its shit.

i'd recommend doing railroad even if you hate them though cause they have the best pistol in the game.

Go the fuck back to no mutants allowed

Explain how magic is inconsistent with the universe.
Like show me where it explicitly says there is no such thing as magic in Fallouts world.

Hint: Just because it wasn't in other games, doesn't mean it can't be brought in.