So why is this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dsQaj7jJyUw?t=611
youtube.com/watch?v=I2IBuqYKvu0
youtube.com/watch?v=22CRHGd9cM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it really is ok when Nintendo does it

___ ____ ____ _________ ____ __

wow its almost like you're completely ignoring all the gameplay footage they've shown

Because, as the literal Nintendo puppet says himself...

youtu.be/dsQaj7jJyUw?t=611

reminder that it just works
youtube.com/watch?v=I2IBuqYKvu0
youtube.com/watch?v=22CRHGd9cM4

>Most open world games are just mindless sandboxes with repetitive tasks over and over that aren't fun once, none the less several dozen times

>Zelda is about exploration to find dungeons, which have puzzles and boss fights in them

That's why, mostly. But I'll admit that if BotW just turns into mindless garbage like other open world games then I'll be disappointed. I like the open world concept when it harbors exploration (Zelda 1), but most of the time that's not how games utilize it

>Zelda is about exploration to find dungeons, which have puzzles and boss fights in them

The same could be said about Skyrim even. It's not like BoTW does anything unique.

Monolith soft designed the world on the right

>cum dadi, blow hotloads onto me

What the fuck does that have to do with video games?

nintendummies are conditioned to like anything as long as zelda mario or pokemon is in the title.

It wasn't developed by Todd Howard.

It's already 100 times better

>The same could be said about Skyrim even

You and I both know that Skyrim's dungeons aren't at all structured, designed or paced in remotely the same way to Zelda's. They're practically different genres

Nintendo are known to make revolutionary, trend setting, perfect games. What's not to get excited about. They have a great rack record unlike some of that shit on the left like Ubisoft, SE, and Sony.

It's like wondering why people were more excited for a new Beatles album compared to the other artists in the 60s.

How the fuck did Far Cry 2 of all games end up in this pic?

this is the most autistic shit ive ever seen

Hes the perfect nintendo fanboy.

>ITS OKAY WHEN THE MONKEYS DO IT

>They have a great rack record

This. I mean what the fuck are you going to compare Zelda and Mario too? Horizon and Knack, LMAO, get the fuck out of here.

>LMAO

kys

>kys and LMAO

You should both form a suicide pact.

Seriously, can't Nintendo make anything original anymore? They've been milking Mario, Zelda and Pokemon for decades.

And some people say that Call of Duty is a cash grab.

>using the english language

あなたに白人の希望はない . . .

Every Mario and Zelda game is original. They can be their own game if they wanted too, but that would be fucking boring.

GTA and Morrowind are the only good games on the left side.

Aside from that, Zelda has a drastically different playstyle from any of those games. Just because two games are open world doesn't mean the same person will like them all. Not that I expect a literally retarded person like you to understand something a simple as that.

What is this? A console war image for ants?

>Implying BotW devs didn't mentioned that they were influenced by Skyrim and other recent open world titles
>Implying Nintendo is not interested in third party titles from Square Enix and Ubisoft.

if Ubisoft and SE made an exclusive game for the Switch I'm pretty sure majority of Nintendogaf will praise and defend those titles.

>Every Mario and Zelda game is original

Look how different these games are! They are each so unique with their own gameplay and visual style!

please get help

@368205060
>Skyrim
>puzzles

user please, you don't even deserve a (you) for this.

>Every Mario and Zelda game is original.

The New Super Mario Bros game all played and looked the same because that was the concept for the series, you fucking retard.

/thread

Nintendo fan here. Fix up your weak bait. Dragons Dogma, Crackdown, and TW3 are great.

>t-they're supposed to all play and look the same!

oh my, god please save this man hes lost the plot

Can you name the three completely original and not at all the same mario games from eachother in this picture?

Because everyone else has had open world games for decades, Nintoddlers are just now catching up.

ive seen worse

But they're nothing to get super excited about to the point where you lose your shit as opposed to a new Zelda trailer.

You're preaching to the choir buddy; not even Nintendo fans excuse NSMB. Luckily that's not the norm. look at how different SM64, Sunshine, Galaxy and Odyssey are. Look at how different MM, WW, TP and SS are. Look at Metroid Fusions, Metroid Prime, and Other M

People shit on Nintendo for rehashing a lot, but they change up their IPs a shit ton

The point is that Zelda gives you actual freedom and leaves you to figure out what to do.

Well they are. They are all part of the New Super Mario series. Just like 3D World and 3D Land look and play similarly.

Is this possible without cheats?

1, Wii, 2.
Really user?

Because is the first REAL open world game
from Nintendo. I can understand the "hype xD GOTY imarite guise?" threads.

nah, just shillposting.

>a game with 25 years worth of brand name recognition and is a key staple of the medium as a whole gets more people excited

But Zelda was their first open world game.

Because Zelda BotW has interesting gameplay mechanics, shield surfing, riding the wind, using fires to create air currents, climbing everything and so much more.

The games on the left have quite some flaws, I mean seriously Far Cry 2? That game was trash. GTAV had its SP butchered in favor of MP microtransaction grindan, and so on.

Nintendo platforms are complementary systems. For people who have video games as their hobby they basically don't offer enough games so you'll always want to go nintendo + x. Most people go nintendo + PC. You can play almost all of the games in your image except for one with that combination.

in the last 10 years?

>and so much more
Nice script.

>the same could be said of Draugr tomb #74738374738373637

>revolutionary, trend setting, perfect games
I like Nintendo, but this is fanboyism at its finest.

Why that arbitrary limitation?
There is also Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Because Nintendo fanboys are the most hypocritical, dishonest pieces of shit around.

The meme itself revolved around Zelda

>You and I both know that Skyrim's dungeons aren't at all structured, designed or paced in remotely the same way to Zelda's
Yeah, they're far better.

Fuck off drone.

>Xenoblade Chronicles X
MMO tier.

I could pick the other games apart but it's not worth the time.

The fact is that all those games on the left don't have as many interesting mechanics as BotW does. It isn't hard to understand why people are hyped about Zelda and not the other games.

you'd hit the kill floor long before

Moving the goal post really hard, aren't we?

morrowind is good
zelda seems interesting because it has the first innovation of open world games in like 15 years

you're gonna be able to finally freely climb in a real 3d environment instead of that 2d shit when non-contextual climbing disappeared from games

Yeah Nintendo games are still mostly focused on having fun and gameplay. I can't really say the same for those other games shown but I admit Crackdown 1 was a little fun.

nintodlers are basically nostalgia junkies chasing the high they had when they were a kid playing Nintendo games. You can't reason with junkies until they admit there is a problem.

according to the scripted demos*

I kind of wish the spell that eliminates fall damage actually let you fall further which is another thing I liked about DaS2 better, you could actually do stuff like that.

Is the joke here that the IGN guys going apeshit on Nintendo game, because it's almost like IGN reserve their high reviews for AAA games or anything.

If you can't trust screened pre-recorded footage, what can you trust?

>the baby needs onionrings fast, ma

I know, people getting excited about video games is cancer and should have ended with No Man's Sky

Kek

>decade old meme
Hold me

nah

its one of the best tho

>games on the left don't have as many interesting mechanics as BotW does

>the first innovation of open world games in like 15 years

>the other games are neither fun nor have gameplay

I can understand being excited and all but don't be retarded just because you want to justify your purchase.

Its all about scope. Most AAA games strive to have a very wide scope so the player can do whatever they want. Want to be one of 13 different classes with their own Skill trees and side quests? Got it. Want to ignore the main story and run a shop out of town? Got it. Want to buy a house in one town and get married in another? Got it.

And there's nothing wrong with that, but with so much attention and dev time being split in a hundred different directions, things are going to get half-assed. The world is going to lack topographic diversity, the dungeons are going to be cut and paste room arrangements, combat is going to be basic, and interaction with the environment is going to be mostly non-existent.

What makes Zelda seem new and exciting is that the scope is so narrow. You are Link and you are saving the world. Thats pretty much it. But now they can devote time to really making the world and environment feel alive, so exploration and discovery are actually exciting.

not an argument