Post your favourite Final Fantasy

First person to say Crystal Chronicles is getting hanged.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6ygqCwTIo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Obvsly, Crystal Chronicles

Crystal Chronicles is great, so is Bravely Default and Bravely Second.

Crystal Chronicles

Definitely Crystal Chronicles.

CC, my G

crystal chronicles:echoes of time. lugging around the jar was just tedious and was somehow made worse if you played with 2 people instead of solo.

Let's talk about how cute selkies are!
Before they got turned into unga bunga savages in ring of fates.

2, Dawn of souls version

I've only played up to 6

All the Bravest :^)

Crystal Chronicles is my fav

1 is the only one I've played through more than once
Yes, seriously responding in a bullshit thread

You missed out, you stopped just short of when the series started getting really good

Brave Exvius

Rain > WoL

Prove me wrong, you lightning armpit sniffing jerks

This motherfucker right here.

1's pretty great I gotta say, simple is always nice, though going through on psp/gba version kinda blows since black mage starts sucking dick at the bonus bosses.

Didn't intend to create a bullshit thread.

Only posted that Crystal Chronicles line for humor.

Mystic Quest.

The original Final Fantasy would be literally perfect if it wasn't a buggy mess.

Also, fuck those spelling errors.

Great game regardless. Also, my first game.

Care to elaborate on how it would be perfect? If I recall it was quite boring with a large amount of backtracking.

My favorites are IX, Tactics and Crystal Chronicles
youtube.com/watch?v=7Q6ygqCwTIo

>Judging a 1980 whatever the fuck game with 2017 standards.

ISHYGDDT

Really? 7's the only one I've heard good things about

Brave Exvius is trash

>Literally perfect.

I personally wouldn't say it's perfect, but simple was nice and good, I'm a sucker for classes to pick instead of set classes/characters/generics.

I'd just like black magic to do a little more damage in psp/gba, lemme do those 9999 meteor/flares/-Aga spells.

It's a great game, even today.

Yeah, there's backtracking. So what?

You're probably one of those fags that thinks linear = bad.

The only backtracking in FF1 is going back to Corneria after you get the mystic key, and back to the Earth dungeon once you get the Rod to break the plate past the vampire.

It was anything but boring for its time. Had a gigantic ass world, lots of replayability with the different classes (even if Thief was pointless because of at least two bugs), and for the era it had a pretty big story with subplots, implications that you might miss the first time around, etc.

Great game. Patches that fix the (many) bugs make it one of my favorites still.

FFX of course.

The best Final Fantasy.

What pisses me off is the game memes you into buying spells that literally don't work.

Shit sucks when you find out Blind or whatever does nothing at all.

I don't agree with you.

>linear = bad
Linear does = bad in adventure games. Not much of an adventure if it's linear.

Jesus.

Feels like FF series should take a page from EO and have status effects actually work or actually mean something.

My favorites are 1, 3, 6, 7, and 9.

Mystic Quest.
Its got better music than any other FF.

Nu Sup Forums, everyone.

This is me: Didn't intend to samefag.

Exvius is pretty fucking fun. Valkyrie Profile style combat mixed with classic FF combat. Wife and I have been playing it pretty heavily for a few months.

Honestly I've had more fun with FFBE than any single player FF since XII.

If you loathe anything gacha related then sure, but otherwise, as a game it's damned good. I love the fact that different ways of building and using parties in battle is actually a thing. And I like building parties and equipment to suit any given event or trial.

It brings back that old "I'm going to go fight X, I should bring Y and Z to deal with it" feeling that a lot of modern JRPGs just don't have.

V. It's just the perfect overall experience outside of a couple of dickish boss fights.

every FF with the Job System is a great FF
yes I'm counting the tactics games

I've been playing the custom class mod, I never noticed till now but 5 feels kinda bland? Like a slab of plain tasting meat. Mostly just in the story and plot stuff, combat and those choices of classes are divine, but it feels so 'paint by numbers', it's just weird especially when they got off from 4.

But the tactics game are good though.
All 3 of them.

f I have to pick a real one, I guess FF5. My "Final Fantasy" aren't even really FF. FFT, SD1, SaGa 2, FF. I

Yeah, boi. Such a sad ending.

Loved Tactics, hated both Tactics Advance games. But I know a lot of people love them. Didn't like the Law system and I preferred the atmosphere of Tactics's plot way more.

>so mad he had to make 2 posts
>still didn't make an argument

My favorite game to date.

Whatever, man. Just enjoy my thread.

I'm a bit in reverse actually, I really wanted to get into vanilla tactics but coming from Advance, the way magic is charged or bow stuff just feels so weird in comparison.

I felt the same way about 5. I beat it once, didn't bother going back to it. I really like the ideas in theory (mainly referring to the way the job system worked in 5) but I don't think it turned out well in execution

I think mechanically FF5 is great, it's just held back by a very lackluster and generic story

At least Bravely Default/Second returned to class concepts, I think it's perfect in comparison, outside of their interpretation of Blue Mage (Vampire is gotten too late game in BD, Catmancer is gotten earlier but most if not all the spells outside of buffs blow)

In the middle of replaying now being old enough to understand the themes at hand. Fantastic game with one of the best stories I've seen presented in a vidya.

yeah it needed more plot twists and angst like VI and VII desu

Anything to make it more memorable really.
Then again, it did give us both Gilgamesh and Battle on the big bridge track.