Vidya/Movie/Album

I haven't seen one of these in a while. Naturally this means there was one that just died 20 minutes ago or something.

And since I'm a very special little snowflake indeed, I had to upgrade mine to something just a little more insufferable. What do you think?

Standard template

>Megalomania instead of Symptom of the universe
>Hangar 18 instead of Lucretia

I'd also put The Writ and most of Rust in Peace, respectively, ahead of those.

>best "X" from a thing instead of just your favorite media all around
Yeah, it is quite insufferable.

Possibly the gayest one of these lists I've ever seen.

It's still my top three from each category, dingus. I just also made note of my favourite part from each of them.

since im a fucking animal that hasnt pirated photoshop yet ill do this via text

vidya: Ace Combat Zero; The belkan war (Best level is the fight with pixy)
Silent Hill 3 (best level is the hospital from silent hill 2)
Dark souls 1 (best level is anor londo)
movie; i dont watch movie
albums: Ride the lightning by Metallica (best song is call of ktulu)
Lateralus byTool (best song is parabol/parabola)
The Stage by Avenged Sevenfold (best song is Exist)

I don't know man, this one is even gayer

i only listen to anime/vidya osts

Yeah, he says the best song on ride the lightning is call of ktulu even though its creeping death

>implying I watch movies or listen to music
Fucking normie.

But that's not Fade to black

Then look up your favorite composers.
There's always some blog post or interview where they comment about their biggest inspirations and favorite music. Sometimes these recommendations are better than what they do.

GIMP

>none of these cucks listen to st. anger

Get GIMP. Or just do it in paint, you fucking-
>best song is call of ktulu

>Talking about the best Ride the lightning song
>St. Anger
Metallica stopped being good after And justice for all

oh you're one of those people huh

5/9

2/9, apply yourself

People with taste? Yeah

i wanna start arguing over this but im afraid the thread might get archived and this is beautiful thing that i dont want to stop

I agree with you on ride the lightning, but id pick RtL, FFwF, FWtBT, or CD over ktulu

its the amount of wah solos that the bass has that i love about it

It's really late so I can't bother myself to go find all the pics, so pic are my 3x3s for music and vidya. As for my favourite movies:
- Restless
- Juno
- Pulp Fiction
I'm a sucker for romantic movies when they are made the way I like them. That's how those 2 got to be y favourites.

Brood War and Sunshine are hella fun. Is Dark Souls as good as people say it is?

Good taste in Jap toons.

Great taste all around.

what is the point of this?

>Lucretia
>not in absolute dead fucking last

What's the point of Sup Forums?

To fuck ur mum

>hasnt listened to death magnetic
>hasnt listened to hardwired to self destruct
>hasnt listened to reload
>hasnt listened to the black album

dont have a 3x3 so here's my 5x5 "all around superior taste" chart

The video game and music section was a toss-up. I don't watch many movies.

Could've replaced Wolfenstein with RE4, Max Payne, Tomb Raider Anniversary or many others.

Music was way too hard. Just picked 3 albums that always stand out to me.

video games, not individuals. it subverts the point of being anonymous

o u got me trigged top bait angery

but Dawn Patrol exists

even Dawn Patrol is better

>Lion King
Are you a girl or just retarded?

Fuck GIMP man i'm tired

Games
>Majora's Mask (Stone Tower Temple)
>MGS2 (Inside Metal Gear Ray)
>Mother 3 (Thunder Tower)

Movies
>Django Unchained (Dinner scene)
>Lego movie (part with father and son) (fuck you I cried)
>Akira (new universe scene)

Albums
>Kendrick Lamar - good kid m.A.A.d city (m.A.A.d city)
>Radiohead - Kid A (Motion Picture Soundtrack)
>tie between Beatles - Abbey Road (You Never Give Me Your Money) or Talking Heads - Remain in Light (Born Under Punches (The Heat Goes On))

(you) tried

1/1 vidya, 2/2 movies

1/1 albums

1/1 vidya, 1/1 movies

2/2 vidya, 2/2 movies

1/1 vidya, 2/2 movies

1/1 vidya, 1/1 movies

Neither, as evidenced by my inclusion of The Lion King.

Best level/area/etc don't really apply to my favorite games, except Renegade. I don't recall the singleplayer that much, but for online, C&C_Field was the best map, C&C_City_Flying close second.

Best scene in movies:
Barry Lyndon - Probably the duel in the end.
Gone with the Wind - Literally everything that happens after Rhett kills the pony.
Dr. Strangelove - You're going to have to answer to the Coca~Cola Company.
Almost made it in, A Clockwork Orange, favorite scene is obviously Singing in the Rain.

Best song in Albums:
Revolver - I'm Only Sleeping
Kimi Tsunagi Five M - Kimi to iu Hana
Animals - You don't just listen to individual songs in Animals, gotta hear the whole album start to finish.

No, liking the Lion King means he's a nigger. All of my black co-workers say it's the best disney film ever.

If my list triggers you, good. Fuck Danzig, Matrix and Nolan Batman.

Metallica was never good.

Picking just three for each was so hard.
I could change literally everything on here apart from 2001 and it would still be correct

It's not even the best Disney film, let alone one of the best films ever. It's decent at best, but nothing special.

>Scarface

So close to a 9/9...

Never played Deadly Premonition, but really solid overall. Only real nitpick would be 2001. I definitely appreciate a Kubrick, but 2001 is one of his weaker films imo. Still good though.

Name some films you like and I can make than 9/9 for you, its so easily replaceable in that list
>2001
>Weaker Kubrick film
How many times have you watched it?

It's past your bedtime, dad.

>complains about Scarface
>not the fact that his album favorites are some of the lamest dadrock imaginable

>implying 70s rock isn't GOAT

>How many times have you watched it?
At least 4 times, probably closer to 6. A decent amount of the times I've watched it, it actually loses my full attention. Which is odd considering I can watch films like Gone with the Wind, Lawrence of Arabia, and Barry Lyndon without them ever losing my attention.

The Wall is meh but
>Boston
>Meat loaf
>Imprying

>Furry game
>Lion King
>VGM as favourite albums
Bloody hell, how old do you have to get to be this much of a manchild?

>Posts on a board with more waifufags than Sup Forums
>Complains about furries

Really motivates my macadamias...

I will never fucking understand VGM as favorite albums unless you put down something like Frank Klepacki's RA2, but even then it's a fucking stretch.

It's been the opposite for me. Every time I watch it I'm more engaged by it. The first time I watched it I thought it was boring but the second watch was better. Then third was even better. Then the fourth was a cinema screening when they rereleased it in full HD. That sealed it.

My favorite time watching it was probably in school. Would've been my second time, science teacher synced up the end with Echoes for us. Which was really good. I should probably try to watch it again like that, it's been at least 5 years since I've seen it.

I never get that Echoes sync up thing. It only sometimes syncs up properly. I prefer the soundtrack they used in the film. Kubrick's timing when it comes to music in 2001 sends chills down the spine

>It only sometimes syncs up properly.
There's various cuts of Echoes out there, some as short as 18 minutes I think and some that are like 25 minutes. Though iirc there was a small part where it didn't sync up properly, but it did for the majority of it.

So you're 20 years old and haven't seen better films than fucking Lion King in all this time?

>lion king

top kek

I mean I guess Zootopia could compete with it.
The first Alien, the first Terminator, The Book of Eli, and I Am Legend wouldn't be far behind either.

Oh so you're just memeing, thank god. I got worried for a second there

I'm not
James Cameron is a great film director, and almost every Disney film is fantastic in its own right. Animation is oftentimes more ideal as a form of cinema than movies made using camerawork since odd and fantastical things that couldn't exist in the real world look more natural in animated movies. There's isn't an uncanny valley going on, and the films I mentioned in particular do a great job to set up compelling plots.

I'm not doubting James Cameron's films. It's hard to not enjoy Terminator 1/2 and Alien/s. But you cannot call Disney films fantastic when they are meant to be for kids with paper thin plots and the most basic, obvious themes imaginable.

>p4g
GOAT (inb4 smt purists scream)

Crack the skye > Leviathan > Remission > Blood Mountain > Once more round the sun > The hunter

I respect your taste but disagree

Post em

Once more > Crack the skye > Blood mountain > Hunter > Leviathan > Remission

Being meant for kids doesn't necessarily mean it wasn't made to be enjoyable for adults too.

The Lion King is one of Disney's better films in this aspect, as it has the strongest drama of the films they made. Simba suffers a lot in the movie, having to deal with his father's death while thinking that he is responsible for it. Can you imagine the kind of pain it would be, thinking every day that you accidentally killed your father? Then there was the burden of being the heir to the throne...I thought it was a strong film, complemented well by its soundtrack and beautiful visuals.
Zootopia is also strong plot-wise, helped a lot by being one of the few Disney movies to emphasize the plot entirely, not being a musical whatsoever. The themes about equality are obvious and present throughout, but its aided by not being blatantly preachy and instead just being an amusing cop film with strong twists foreshadowed by background elements of the movie that probably wouldn't be picked up on on a first watch (Bellwether has contacts for her gunner on her phone, for example).

that's not fair, the black parade is good

Test.

>you cannot call Disney films fantastic when they are meant to be for kids with paper thin plots and the most basic, obvious themes imaginable.
Yes you can. Who says otherwise? You? Even if Christ said it, wouldn't make it any less of a retarded thing to say.

This is a Test
Test
Test
This is a Test

I'm sorry but your description of the LK themes makes you sound like a teenage girl or an absolute cancer-tier Youtube film channel. Yeah of course I can understand Simba's feelings. They do it in the one shot of absolute horror on Simba's face. It's simple, doesn't hide anything in plain sight. It's effective film making but it doesn't stop it being obvious.

>Misfits without Danzig
>Burton Batman
>Unironically liking Ghost Rider

What the actual fuck dude, kill yourself

You need to watch more movies m8, that's some entry level shit you posted

Here's my top 3 in text form because I can't post images for some reason:
>VIDYA
Shadow of the Colossus
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Baldur's Gate 2
>MOVIES
Trainspotting
The Piano Teacher
Primer
>ALBUMS
Radiohead - A Moon Shaped Pool
Black Sabbath - Self Titled
Kendrick Lamar - Good Kid, M.A.A.D City

I do say otherwise because putting base level childrens films in his top films list means either he is stupid or he hasn't seen enough films

Yuko Imada is amazing

>Trainspotting
Lovely choice, but I think I prefer Shallow Grave because the darkness was more light-hearted and comical than the darkness in Trainspotting which was just depressing.

I'm glad to see lupin on there, but i still think Castle of Cagliostro is the best of the movies. still, kudos

I keep getting a failed upload error when trying to post images. Here's my top threes:

>vidya
SSX Tricky
Halo 3
Rome: Total War

>kino
Lawrence of Arabia
Mad Max 2

>albums
David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Yes - Fragile

I'm not the only one? Thank god.

I haven't gotten round to watching Shallow Grave yet, though it's on my watchlist.

>2001
Oh yes. Favourite scene from the film?

>video games
Doom
Silent Hill 3
Pokemon Red Rescue Team
>Movies
Ghost in the Shell
No Country for Old Men
Naked (1993)
>albums
Nirvana - In Utero
Bob Marley - Catch a Fire
Scientist - Scientist Rids the World of the Curse of the Evil Vampires

Couldn't get into 2001 but Road Warrior is 10/10, same with Halo 3 and Rome
+black sabbath, +SOTC

Or it features more of his most favoured appealing qualities than the other films he's seen and you're a retard to think of things as other peoples' subjective as taste in art and entertainment in such a rigid manner.

On the other hand given he's posting on Sup Forums, the first of your suggestions remains the most likely, so I suppose I'll have to concede the point to you.

I'm a huge fan of the montage where you see Frank Poole and David Bowman going about their daily life in the Discovery One. I love the shot of Bowman running zero gravity laps around the ship. I could honestly watch an entire reality show of just astronauts spending their time on a space ship. My favorite moment is when Frank Poole receives a video from his parents wishing him a happy birthday, mainly because Poole is so unenthusiastic about the call despite not having seen his parents in a long time. Its a great stark contrast to how the humans are "less human" than HAL, the robot, who has the most emotions of any characters in the movie.