All Amiibo functions in BOTW revealed

youtube.com/watch?v=XdANVP7QXHo
It's shown that all the Amiibos do is unlock in-game items earlier than you could get them in-game.

So all of those people saying you need to buy 100+ dollars of Amiibos for the full experience have been completely blown the fuck out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

But now it makes them worthless content-wise.

Nintendo needs to decide what they want them to be already.

>If it's a unique item it's physical on disc DLC
>If it's stuff you can get in-game, it's worthless content wise
You can't fucking win

What's the bobokin give?

Rare items too?

A couple of bone-enhanced clubs for Link to wield.

Reminder for all the PCucks, Sonyggers and Xboners: It's okay when Nintendo does it.

Well, since I want to go full on archer mode for this game I'll probably be picking up the Archer Link and Guardian ones then.

>all of those people saying you need to buy 100+ dollars of Amiibos for the full experience
Wait, there are still people that say that? I thought all those people got disproven when Amiibos first came out. You've never needed them for the full experience.

yea because the concept is stupid. all you have to do is add the option to buy the dlc without the dolls

For those curious, here's what the Amiibo supposedly do:

>Guardian Amiibo: Ancient Scrap and Energy Arrow
>Bokoblin Amiibo: 2 Bone Clubs
>Horse Rider Amiibo: Iron Sword and Saddle
>Zelda Amiibo: Iron Shield with Hylian Crest
>Link Amiibo: Bow

>They're selling us the items as DLC? HAHAHA NINTODDLERS ON SUICIDE WATCH!
That's what would happen

>BOTW amiibo give rare items
>anniversary amiibo give a chest that might have a rare item and assorted items (fish, barrels etc)
>Wolf Link gives skinned dog buddy
I wonder if the anniversary chest could be used as a weapon. Use stasis with it to KO an enemy in an area without any physics objects, or launch it at Ganon etc.

>So all of those people saying you need to buy 100+ dollars of Amiibos for the full experience have been completely blown the fuck out
No, they'll just shift to another argument to shitpost about the game. Those people were never interested in having a serious discussion about 'full experiences' and the value of digital content.

>So all of those people saying you need to buy 100+ dollars of Amiibos for the full experience have been completely blown the fuck out
It's as if anyone doing this is just making up shit for no good reason

>pay2win is ok when nintendo does it

>Sucking at Zelda

God I hate this guy´s voice

Lithen here you little thit

>P2W in a single player game

w...what

It's happened before

> DLC Difficulty mode
> Amiibo locked content.

Jesus christ, what the fuck happened, Nintendo?

Nigga nothing is amiibo licked, you can get everything in game through playing

Pretty sure Wolf Link is amiibo only because Jewtendos gonna jew.

I'm going to get the Zelda amiibo for the express purpose of hotgluing it. But right before I blow my load I'm going to push the Link amiibo in front of her to make it look like he's taking the bulk of my sticky assault to protect her.

Those amiibos really break the difficulty curve. You could probably take on ganon right away if you scanned them all.

who the hell will buy the bokoblin? i mean it´s pretty much useless content wise and it´s just a shity common enemy
like seriously why we did not get someone better, like a zelda with the white dress or another link with a spear or two hand sword

>Hard mode in Twilight Princess requires the Ganondorf amiibo
>The spinner in Wii U Hyrule Warriors required a Link amiibo
>Each of the original Splatoon amiibos had 3 pieces of armor, a weapon recolor, and an arcade game locked behind them
>even thought it comes with it, Pokken won't let you play as the boss version of Mewtwo without the Amiibo card

I'm sure there's others.

You're a strange fucking weirdo who reminds me of a Sup Forums long past. I wish you luck in everything you do.

IT´S FUCKING NOTHING. THESE AMIIBOS DO NOT DO SHIT

It really is lose-lose. All I can really say is that with Amiibo no longer being scalper material, they're pretty high quality toys when you consider how much you pay for them.

Reminder for those that haven't seen it

No, lazy ass Nintendo can't fucking win. You know? They can't even do a virtual board game the right way.

Amiibos unlocking exclusive content but it's only cosmetics is probably the best compromise for this.

That's fake though. You can do that with homebrew, custom icons and banners are really easy. A real video wouldn't cut off right before the game was about to start.

>>Hard mode in Twilight Princess requires the Ganondorf amiibo
>>The spinner in Wii U Hyrule Warriors required a Link amiibo
well both those are false.
Hero mode is available from the start in TP, and The spinner was made available for everyone in a later patch.

Why don't people treat them as cheap Nintendo merch that can sometimes give your something interesting?

It's only recently that Nintendo has gone out of their way to make merchandise for their franchises.

I'm surprised they're even bothering with amiibos for Alm and Celica.

>Horse Armour DLC
AHAHAHAHA

You and me both, Pluto

What about wolf link, I assume that's not in game, right?

>amiibos give you rare weapons
>it's fucking pointless since all equipment breaks in BOTW

Money well spent amirite?

Not trying to be a pedantic faggot but, did it explicitly say iron sword? It looked like a soldier's sword to me (and I would post a picture but for gook moot)

I'm probably in the minority here, but there are those of us who like to collect and display merchandise from our favorite games. I have a massive Zelda collection, everything from amiibos to shirts to board games to statues.

There are a lot of games that never had official Nintendo merchandise before amiibos. Also, the new zelda amiibos look like they're extremely high quality compared to the first waves, especially the guardian. I probably won't ever even open mine.

amiibos are figures first and fun game things second

Nobody cares

Pretty sure the Ganondorf amiibo feature compounds with hero mode.

I like the fact that they release figures for characters that usually don't get any...but I wouldn't go as far as saying they are extremely high quality.

Even the Anime figures you get from Crane machines in Japan look better, they sell for roughly the same price if not cheaper sometimes.

Ganondorf Mode or whatever turns the hearts blue and doubles the amount of damage Link takes in TP, making it quadrouple the normal damage if done on a Hero Mode file, or allowing a normal left-handed Link playthrough to have Hero Mode difficulty.

That's because amiibo are 3D printed, compared to being made from molds like normal figurines. It allows for more detail in smaller sizes, but not always the best of quality.

This is not DLC, it's more value for cool figures.
If they added the weapos as DLC everybody would go, microtransactions, and they would be correct.

>pay2win
How bad can you be at video games?

there was a guy ripping assets from botw on /vg/ earlier today, so it's not impossible

Man, you guys are lucky that the consoles themselves can scan the extra content the toys can give.
Back in my days, you had to buy a whole extra device called an e-reader as well as packs of random cards to do so.

>even thought it comes with it, Pokken won't let you play as the boss version of Mewtwo without the Amiibo card
Unless you unlock Shadow Mewtwo by beating the game.

The card just let's you play him early.

Didn't you get the memo? Nintendo can never win on Sup Forums - anything they do is wrong even when it's right.

I just want wolf link companion.

Wait. You CAN get the bow without buying an amiibo right?

>i literally cannot read threads before posting

You can get all Amiibo items in-game, they just give them early. You can even get a dog companion that acts like Wolf Link (but obviously isn't Wolf Link)

>To unlock shit in games you have to spend money and dignity buying happy meal toys

Hahaha Nintoddlers.

Yeah I'm gonna read 100+ shitposts instead of asking something that should have been written in the OP.
Eat shit dumbass.
Thanks!

>tfw all you can see is the Guardian sitting on his ass with legs spread showing off his huge dick

>Rider Link doesn't give you the cloak
>Zelda doesn't give you a male version of her outfit
>Bokoblin doesn't give you a loincloth for Link
>Guardian doesn't give you armor in its style

What a waste.

except it is wolf link. down to the fact that it is Wolf links design, has the shackle on his leg, and says "Wolf Link" above its heart set

Not him but it already says you can get the items in game in the OP you illiterate nigger.

You're fucking retarded, I said the dog companions you get in-game aren't Wolf Link, not the amiibo one. Learn to read you dumb nigger.

are you retarded?

Are you? You can't get Wolf Link in-game other than by scanning its amiibo. You can only get Wolf Link by scanning in a Wolf Link amiibo. That being said, you can tame other dogs and have them act as companions similar to Wolf Link. Literally fucking learn to read you massive retard.

Which is funny because you can actually craft armor out of the parts that the Guardians drop.

>It's shown that all the Amiibos do is unlock in-game items earlier than you could get them in-game.

Literally the perfect way to do DLC / quasi-DLC, even better if the player could have gone and gotten those items earlier via risk taking (i.e. DS games)

it's a marketing strategy to sell idiots more useless plastic trinkets

it's just a skin, you can get other dog buddies

Which is funny because no one needs an excuse to buy these thing. People want them for the figures, but Nintendo wants them to change peoples game experience and the only game that did that particularly well was Smash, with it's custom learning NPCs.

Just another in a long list of failures and Nintendo failing to read the market, but still coming out on top.

Seeing as the world is truly open from the moment you get your glider after four small shrines, I'm sure you can get most amiibo items real early by being sneaky and running past strong enemies

>Xboners
Do they exists on Sup Forums? I dont think ive seen one in months.

Since when do five Happy Meals cost 100+ dollars?

"Each of the original Splatoon amiibos had 3 pieces of armor, a weapon recolor, and an arcade game locked behind them"

None of which is needed for the full experience.

I'm getting the Guardian amiibo because it looks cool. Getting cool arrows and parts when scanning it is a neat bonus.
How does it work, anyways? I assume it's limited to once a day

>Each of the original Splatoon amiibos had 3 pieces of armor, a weapon recolor, and an arcade game locked behind them

None of which is needed for the full experience.

What about Wolf Link?

That'd be kinda weird if he just appears in the story normally.

Can't they just add exclusive but purely cosmetic shit like a sensible company?

I think i saw one a few weeks back

Wolf Link is the best amiibo to use in this game, right?

This is cancer. And you nintencucks who defend it are cancer.

>cool figures

They're the kind of shit you'd get in a Japanese vending machine for less than 1000 yen. Now the eternal jews at Nintendo slap a huge price on them and people suddenly pretend they're great.

Regular wolves that you can tame will probably appear. Wolf Link's model is most likely unique but his behaviour isn't. So he's essentially convenient wolf with cosmetic differences and a callback to your TPHD playthrough (by saving your heart total).

>Amiibo's can't unlock access to worthwhile exclusive content because then people will bitch about DLC so they've basically become glorified cheat codes tied to McDonald's tier plastic figures.

Amiibos were a fucking mistake...

Can we pet wolf Link or your dog companion ?

Day one on toy DLC?

Not him but you're the niggerest illiterate nigger ever you wrong sack of shit.

Can we just print the Amiibo chip onto something and get it for free

time isn't a worthless dimension, it's the most precious of them all.

Don't forget all the animal crossing games with characters locked to amiibo only and mario party which had half the game requiring two or more mario amiibo

>muh macdonald
you complain so much, yet you repeat toddler crap you read on neogaf si fanatically. What are you even trying to show us? how easily trained you are?

It's actually pretty easy, they just need to stop selling them and stop the rest of their cancerous practices.

God speed, user. God speed.

I've got an amiiqo anyway, but I'm glad they don't give anything unique. Would be terrible expensive DLC.

I don't understand the "they're useless then" argument - they're toys. If you like shitty anime zelda, you still get your 13$ action figure.

So it's ok when Nintendo charges you over $60 for cheat codes? Cool I guess.

youtube.com/watch?v=lRxKHC7AlHc

god I fucking hate you /r/Sup Forums fuckers

>Amiibo
>more like macrotransactions.