Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BWkCPQG-6bg
youtube.com/watch?v=65AUaENFlHg
youtube.com/watch?v=f4-QxmzxkN8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Hasn't stopped them before

youtube.com/watch?v=BWkCPQG-6bg

If you get it, it will literally be at something like 800x600 30fps

Capcom is usually pretty good at making extremely scalable engines that port to multiple platforms easily.

>I can run the game at silky smooth 240hz on all high settings
>switch customers will have to play it at 30hz on low

haha

They somehow brought Dead Rising to the Wii user, anything is possible
if anything RE7 is more doable since it's a corridor game

I'm sure it will play in 720p with a nice and cinematic framerate, even after toning down the lighting, shadows, and geometry.

That was a reskined RE4 though.

youtube.com/watch?v=65AUaENFlHg

This is clearly bait but
>Capcom is looking into re7 on switch
Is not the same as
>capcom is making re7 on switch

RE7 already runs around 60fps on base PS4 and Xbone, it doesn't seem that impossible

It is, so a Switch RE7 would be noticeably bumped down to get working.

DR on the Wii was virtually nothing like the Xbox360 version. It was more of a straight up brawler.

>my shitendo news

KYS cuck

But they get to play it portable. Honestly I dont care if it looks like hot garbage as long as its 60fps

Uhhh, you do know it's a cross-gen title, right? RE7 can literally run on a potato, so a Switch port wouldn't be too hard to do. Doubt it'll sell well compared to the competition, though.

This. They'll either see it's feasible to do and weigh the pros/cons of making a port (and implementing system specific shit like HD Rumble) or they'll see it's not feasible and shitcan it.

Even though it looks awful, it's incredibly interesting from a purely technical view point.

It's pretty amazing they can they can even have it still vaguely resemble the base game with all those corners cut.

Also, there was an RE port for fucking Gameboy Color. How rad is that?

FPBP

>Cross gen
Last i checked RE7 wasn't on the PS3 or the Xbox 360.

The biggest barrier they will have is the memory speed, so expect the game having shitty trilinear filtering and weird models.

To be more specific, anisotropic filtering requires a lot of memory bandwith so they will have to trilinear it instead, and high detailed models also require a lot of memory bandwith, so they will have to either use lower polygon models or use the system onbuilt tesselation engines to "fix in post", but that will make the models look a bit puffy and weird unless they use texture weight etc to fix it.

Don't forget the RE 2 port for the Game.com

youtube.com/watch?v=f4-QxmzxkN8

No but it is on the PC

And it ran like shit, too.
But that wasn't a port, user. That was a portable RE1 made specifically for the GBC.
The Jill Sandwich line didn't even make it in.

I knew there was another one.

Seriously love shit like this, weird and obscure ports of games. I'd love to start collecting stuff like this one day.

RE7 already runs on GPD Win and Surface Pro

How is that cross gen? Cross gen means its across console generations like MGSV or GTAV

Too bad the GBC game never came out as they deemed it wasn't 'scary enough'. Then they turn around and push out that horrible RE:Gaiden game instead which wasn't scary in the least.

RE7 isn't even that demanding of a game. It looks like shit. If an XB1 can run it so can a Switch.

I bet that those fags already have a RE4 port somewhere.

This.
Capcom are like good whores, they know how to use their shit and can make anything work

Why do you single out the XB1 as if they don't use phone CPUs

It runs at 60 fps on consoles, means it can run at 30 on the switch

It's also how I know what spec I can run a game at on my PC; if it's 1080p60fps on consoles, I can actually hit 4k 60fps if I spend a small amount of time tweaking settings

game runs at 90fps on a regular PS4 when using PSVR, I'm not shocked they can scale this down to run on the Switch

People have gotten resident evil vii running on a gpd win.

They could totally get it running on the switch, it's just going to be the worst version of that game. Like dead rising was on the wii.

It won't be as bad as dead rising on the Wii because dead rising is THE WORST game possible to run on the Wii.
Any other Xbox 360/PS3 title would fare better because a shitton of mandatory geometry was the worst weak spot of the Wii.

It's like using a slug as a salt truck.

Capcom is great with downgrading and working with less powerful hardware.

They managed to fit a full RE4 style game on 3DS (and make it look good for the system) with Revelations.

They could just use the shitty PSVR textures

Yeah, a game that's designed to be able to run in VR on a base PS4 can probably scale down to the Switch just fine.

In general the Switch seems to be at the level of power where a PS4/XBone game that either punches way below those consoles' weight (ie Disgaea 5 and Setsuna) or has a decently scalable engine can be ported to it.

XB1 is 4x more powerful than piece of shit called switch

2x, give or take.
But the memory is 5x faster IF you count the cache.
Without the cache, switch and Xbone are pretty much on par.

Their last major engine even ran on 3ds. It's more a matter of Capcom not being shit.

At 640*400 and low.... So it's going to be the crappiest version out there, on the least immersive platform as well.

Not even close, the Xbox One offers a much faster GPU AND CPU, 5x is about right, and that's without attempting to make it seem like memory is being used to calculate raw performance... The Switch is a small upgrade over the WiiU...

underrated as fuck post

fucking kek

Capcom is fucking amazing at porting games and have ported games like RE5 to the 3DS, and even got RE4 on PS2.

I can assure you, it won't be.

> It looks like shit.

We both know that isn't true.