>Pillars of Eternity
>Tyranny
>Even Siege of Dragonspear ropes the occaisonal person in

Is the CRPG renaissance upon us?

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/ZMUdu3v.png
i.imgur.com/szFHbpq.png
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there a crpg where the combat doesn't suck?

Why do you hate RTwP?

I don't know, it's usually slow and drags on for too long.
In most crpgs that I've played battling even the stupidest creatures can take quite a while because you keep need to pause and rearrange the characters. I wish combat was a bit more streamlined.

You can turn on the Ai and let the scripts handle it.

We'll see, the quality atm is really mediocre.

We have some good titles but most are really just decent. Tyranny , the original pillar and SoD for example.

If any of the new titles, torment or poe 2 are really good then i can see the CRPG niche staying strong, if not then it'll fade again.

why don't you list some actual good RPGs like expeditions, underrail and age of decadence

in what games is this possible?

Those games are good, you Codexcuck

In Arcanum, your companions will run at every enemy and attack until they die, or the enemy is dead.

This i agree with.

AoD is top tier and expeditions was a fantastic surprise/gem ( good enough for me to check vikings ).

Underrail have a really good gameplay and setting but a meh plot. That said it's better than tyranny, poe and SoD no doubt.

Jagged Alliance if you consider it a crpg. Same goes for Dungeon Rats. Also Underrail, and that one is definitely a crpg.

>In Arcanum, your companions will run at every enemy and attack until they die, or the enemy is dead.

Yeah, but that usually ends up with you and your friends dead. Also, is there a game where you can leave even the PC to the AI?

Underrail is not RTwP. It's turn based like fallout.

Yeah, but that user didn't say anything about rtwp, he just asked for crpgs with good combat.

Dragon Age Origins

All of them?

DA FUQ is RTwP???!?!? O_o

Ive recently given the CRPG genre another go after having not played one since Fallout 1 and 2. My biggest gripe with them is usually having to manage more than one character. I've been playing Underrail and I thoroughly enjoy it so far mainly because I've just been controlling the one person so far. I'm not sure if you can get companions but I have a sneaking suspicion that you can, hopefully they're not a necessity and I can continue lone gunning.

My question is, do you know of any other crpgs that have you in control of one person only? Or at most one companion? If becomes too convoluted and slow for me when I have to make a move for 4 players and I never really trust the AI scripts to be good enough to do what I want.

>playing bg2 as cleric
>set all party members to appropriate offensive scripts
>just cast buffs and watch them fight

forgot expeditions vikings coming out soon OP

>Siege of Dragonspear
You were so close OP. You could have mentioned something like Divinity: Original Sin, the upcoming sequel, Wasteland 2 or 3, etc.

There are no companions in under rail. There are a couple of battles where you fight with allies but that is it.

Divinity isn't even a CRPG

Age of Decadence.

Expedition: Conquistadors

Yeah, all the old ones that were based off of a pen and paper system. And D:OS, I guess.

return to wolfenstein palace
it's the we-want-the-barbie-girl-audience split off of return to castle wolfenstein

All of those are trash.

For some reason the real CRPG renaissance I've seen on Sup Forums is the Imoen Mod for Baldur's Gate 2. Strange.

Wow, and all 4 of those suck.

That's great news. I'm enjoying it so much right now that I'm literally trying to organize my week around getting as much time as I can into it.
Will give it a look, thanks.

That's one of the things I don't like about Arcanum. A little more Baldur's gate and a little less Fallout in regards to the NPC allies would have been nice.

The only good one recently was Underrail. Plot was ok, gameplay was good, setting was good
PoE felt like a world building game where the plot took a backseat. Gameplay was nothing special but it was playable
Tyranny was worse than PoE in all regards
I hope torment is good but I haven't heard much positive about it

>D:OS
?

>My question is, do you know of any other crpgs that have you in control of one person only?

Age of Decadence and Divine Divinity are among the good one. While it technically has party mechanics, two out of the base three classes of the Geneforge series are meant to be played without party members.

And invariably weapons will fly out of their hands and become permanently lost, and they'll attack golems and break their weapons

>Tyranny was worse than PoE in all regards
It had that neat thing where you could hover over text and get a lore dump or an explanation why they said it. Glad PoE2 is using it.

Divinity original sin

Wouldn't playing Geneforge as anything but a shaper be the worst possible thing you could do? It just sounds wrong.

>PoE
SJW Censorship
> Tranny
SJW characters, and forced "Progressivism".
> Dragonspear
Don't even get me started.

Seems there's a theme here, user.

It seems like you get less xp for them killing enemies too.

I liked to carry NPCs around but I always used time magic and throwing to murder enemies quickly before my companions could play along. Disintegrate worked too but I preferred time magic.

The only SJW thing I can think of from Dragonspear was a tranny you talk to twice, a gay gnome, and a child whining about mansplaining.

What's up with dragonspear?

>Seems there's a theme here
That you are a retarded faggot?

>While we have more in the way of stretch goals and -- only a few days left to achieve them! -- we'll save them (and a big announcement about a really important, super cool, and heretofore extremely hush-hush game feature) for our next update, which will be coming very soon. For now, we'll keep it brief and just say thanks.

what will it be?

>the only thing
>the things

>list of kusoge with bland visuals, walls of text, shit AI, boring characters
>only argument is le Sup Forumsish boogiemen

you have to go back.

Underrail. Age of Decadence, to a lesser extent.

Dunno, I pretty much always played my Shaper as a suboptimal Agent spellslinging sorcerer king with one or two pet Fyoras. The cape is bitchin', and yeah, playing as anything else just feels wrong thematically.

Where is the cheapest place I can get Tides of Numenera?

Ironic shitposting like that does not strengthen your argument.

Split-screen co-op on console.

Pirate bay.

Don't support SJW developers.

KAT.

WARNING TO ALL THREADS

GOOK MOOT JUST REMOVED ALL IMAGE UPLOADING

WARNING TO ALL THREADS

GOOK MOOT JUST REMOVED ALL IMAGE UPLOADING

THIS IS NOT A DRILL~!

Check a torrent site.

The only person involved with the game I plan to avoid is the companion written by the abortion reject, Rothfuss.

$20 early bird Kickstarter, or wait for the game to launch and then buy a copy on G2A for probably $25-30 at the absolute most as people are crushed by the news that Inxile backed out on so many stretch goals and desperately try to recoup their money by dumping their copy of th egame.

Anyone actually played torment? From what I've seen it looks underwhelming. Will probably pirate it anyways.

Do you know which companion it is? I have to admit I've followed almost nothing about the game's development.

As expected of an imageboard.

Why?

Just because it's an isometric RPG doesn't mean it's a CRPG

Divinity OS.

$$$, reminder : you were warned about gook moot

I thought backing it was closed long ago. I can still do that and get it cheaper?

What stretch goals were abandoned, and why?

No clue. We're in the same boat. I'm sure we can find out not long after release.

These games might as well be novels

You spend 80% of your time reading in Planescape

We were warned that you like it in the butt. What boards other than Sup Forums is hit by this?

The $20 thing was earlybird on Kickstarter only. You actually can get it marginally cheaper from them now if you want to go to the Torment webpage and "Pledge". It's $35, as opposed to the $45 they sell it on Steam.

Assuming you're not opposed to G2A though I could almost guarantee it'll be cheaper on there once the game launches.

Fair enough. I'll wait for g2a/kinguin then.

ye fuck dat no what im saying?

lmao fukken faggots who reads anymore?

Crpgs are a shit genre cucked by the sjw fags that were muscling their way into the tg community.

He's right though. The problem with with poe was that it was a complete borefest not that they removed some fags homoerotic limerick or whatever.

Actually looking over my list, you might be able to piggyback off someone who already backed it. It looks like I could add another $25 copy of the game at the Kickstarter rate since I'm a Kickstarter backer and it adds it to my list, which I don't think it would otherwise.

So if you know a trustworthy friend who already backed it you could try talking 'em into picking you up a copy and you Paypal them $25.

> Read a really good book.

> Read an okay video game.

Hm.

Yes, we know you are stupid and underage. You can go now.

Found the SJW.

>sjw fags that were muscling their way into the tg community

wot

if you dont want to listen then don't. just dont call it a grave later, its the futur you chose. Im done giving you free answers if youre just going to be a twat

Good job finding yourself fag lord

There is no reason to be butthurt about what happens to your butt.

Sawyer is a pretty cool guy even if he is an sjw.
i.imgur.com/ZMUdu3v.png
i.imgur.com/szFHbpq.png

>SJW

Do you even know what that term is supposed to mean?

>responding to it
Consider killing the shitposter then yourselves.

So you want us to kill you then kill you again?

What's going on? What warning are you talking about?

I pledged 200 bux for PoE but didn't enjoy it at all because I don't really like the world they created and the writing was clunky as fuck. I pirated Tyranny but I really loved it. I keep wondering why people say PoE is better, Tyranny is the real return to cRPGs.

Ah yes, I just remembered there are in fact no SJW muscling into the TG community. However it appears that you have posted under the mistaken impression that I thought this because of what I posted. Boy, do you look foolish!

Transistor?

how does this thread have eighty posts and no images?

gOOk apparently.

How does your mother have eighty children and no husband?

Because of your smell.

I played the first 30 minutes of the beta when it was first released. Loved every moment of it, but who knows how it will turn out. If this one disappoints I'm not kickstarting anything again.

thanks for the tone check, liberace, but you still have to go back

Only people with golden pass can post images now.

All boards

Not the person you're even replying to. Please lurk for two more years before posting.

is there one with actual good multiplayer and not just taking over a member of the hosts team

Sucking Jew Wiener

>defending Sup Forumsacks
go back, and find an argument while you're in there.

Who is writing Torment?