WHY THE FUCK ARE PSN'S SERVERS SO FUCKING SHITTY

I don't think I'm even getting 1MB/s on a connection where Playstation's own network test claimed I should be getting 13MB/s.

>26 hours to download a 20Gig game
This is a fucking joke

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wm4xl/tutorial_creating_a_proxy_for_faster_psn_downloads/
reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/522ttn/ps4_downloads_are_notoriously_slow_i_might_have/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't be so entitled..

@368216402
this, what the fuck OP!?!?

Try putting it in Rest mode and see if it does it any faster.

Are you playing a game while it downloads? Chances are it's an online game since most are these days, or it's in some way connected to the internet. That tanks the download speeds too

I now understand why most people say you should buy physical (aside from the resale argument)

Are you wired or wifi?
I was dling at 4MB/s the other day, which is close to the max of my cheap comcast connection.

I think your Internet is just shit it's never taken me that long for that size of a download

>when you get 20mb/s off Steam

Nope, not playing a thing and I don't have PS+ anyway

Wifi but like I said, PS4's network test claimed I could pull down 13MB/s and that was over the same wifi connection. It's a pretty decent router.

Nowadays even physical still doesn't stop you from needing to download massive Day 1 patches.

so only 2MB/s?

son.. I remember tying up the phone line for >1 hour to download a 1MB demo from the local BBS. 2400 baud master race. Kids these days don't appreciate the miracles of technology that pass for toys. Get off my lawn.

That's what annoys me - I typically get 11-12MB/s on Steam which is about right for my bandwidth. So that's why I'm so confused why PSN is so much slower.

>@

Newfag.

Try rest mode for a bit. Sometimes I just reboot my PS4 to try and get better download speeds.

PSN is shitty though, there's no getting round that

It's not the servers it's the hardware son. It doesn't support high download speed

set your dns to googles. its not as shitty as of a download speed but its still trash

t. Brazil fag

Yeah, tried that. It did seem to help a little but it's still pretty bad.

I did read another article that claimed the problem lied with the packet window for the connection. I don't really feel like firing up wireshark to confirm.

>not being entitled for quality in a service that you pay for...

I forgot where I got it from but there was a technical explanation why both Xbox Live and Steam are much faster than PSN. It's something to do with CDN servers around the world or the lack thereof or how it's executed. It's not necessarily how fast or how slow it is but PSN's network infrastructure was not designed the way Xbox Live and Steam were.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You pay 60 dollars a year for this garbage

OK.....it's the wifi.

My network isn't slow (it's a dual band AC router) but apparently PS4 can't use most of it. Just ran an ethernet cable and speeds aren't wonderful, but they're WAY better than what I was getting. Went from 36+ hours to 4.

I don't pay a damn cent. I don't have PS+.

>he doesn't have PS+
Well, there's your problem. Please upgrade to Playstation Plus™ for maximum enjoyment, sir. Playstation™, For the Payers™!

Daily reminder that since Sony raised the price on PSN on September 22nd 2016, PSN has gone down over 46 times from 3 hours to upwards of a day.

>I don't play online meme
sure you don't luddite

Why would I? None of the PS4 exclusives need PS+. Hell, I didn't even buy the console - got it for free from work.

Using google DNS seemed to fix it for me.

>I don't pay a damn cent. I don't have PS+.
>he doesn't play online because he has to pay for it so he forgos online entertainment because he let sony jew him so hard

You're not the only one here dude. Everyone suffers from this dogshit on PSN

Its your shitty connection, I can download a 50 gig game in 4 hours...

If you want an actual answer here are some links: reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyTheGame/comments/4wm4xl/tutorial_creating_a_proxy_for_faster_psn_downloads/
reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/522ttn/ps4_downloads_are_notoriously_slow_i_might_have/

This is the right answer. Some ISP DNS doesn't play well with PSN for some reason. Using Google DNS sent me from 1mb/s to 10mb/s.

I can too....from Steam

>he pays for shitry servers

>sonyggers have to use a fucking proxy just to get over Sony's jewish gimped servers people pay money for

>takes me 17 minutes to download 50gb
Works on my machine ;)

>bloodborne

DNS is not a proxy you mongoloid

?

One of the reddit links is literally to a tutorial to create a proxy

And I can from...Psn

The DNS solution has nothing to do with that. The proxy thing is some convoluted bullshit for people who have tried everything else and it failed. For most people the DNS fix should be enough.

Because Sony pockets the money instead of upgrading. They've been shit ever since the PS3. I remember how amazed I was at discovering a game on Steam could be downloaded within 1/8 the time of a game on PSN

Anyone here who says the download times aren't slow as shit doesn't own a PS3 or PS4. Their shit sucks.

>he has to go about changing his DNS just for sony's gimped jewish servers to work

Turn your ps4 off and on again. Fixes it 99% of the time

>never ever

>don't have PS+
too bad, enjoy your speed :)

it's your wifi, i garuntee it. Plug in with an ethernet cable and see for yourself.

learn to fucking math
it's /8 not /10

Don't listen to the faggots memeing you about PS+. I have PS+ and had the exact same issues. Had to move my PS4 so I could get it set up to Ethernet. Was going to suggest it to you but reckoned it might not have been possible if you hadn't tried it already

>unironically paying for a service that is slower than free shit

Sony takes your money and DOESNT make the service better. Thats a scam by definition

dear god, you people have no idea how the internet works, do you?

It's your shit ISP throttling you, because I've never, ever had any problem with PSN on PS4.

Now PS3 was complete shit.

It's the PS4, not his WiFi

I guarantee other devices like mobiles and latops will work fine where OP has his PS4, but for some reason the PS4 can't into WiFi. Probably uses some shitty network card

>the servers will get better since they are now charging for ps+
>insert switch rhetoric here

>makes an accusation towards the ISP which is unfounded.
>loads of evidence that sony servers suck ass
>works for me that means its not sony's fault
see
This is gimped shit

it's your ps4's wifi*
it's shit, senpai.

sorry for the misunderstanding

Obviously not because every other device is going lightening fast and ONLY the PS4 is sucking ass you god damn shill

Don't listen to these guys, here's your priority list, OP: go wired, switch DNS, do the proxy trick. OG PS4 has shit wifi.

OP here - can confirm. Ran an ethernet cable and speeds increased dramatically. Wifi isn't shit either - tested DL on my laptop and I'm pulling 10MB/s.

>don't listen to people who speak out against sony scams
>heres some convoluted shit you don't have to do anywhere else for any other online service because sony refuses to make them better

>100Mb/s ethernet connection
>Until Dawn takes 20 hours to download regardless
It wouldn't have been such a kick in the teeth if it didn't take a quarter of that time to beat.

ffs meant to quote

Yeah, for whatever reason, the PS4's wifi card is shit.
Ethernet is the only way to go for anything involving internet on the PS4

PSN servers are complete dogshit but so are Sony wifi chipsets. Try using your PS4 wired.

It was a hardware issue, not everything is about muh Sony. I have Gigabit tier FIOS and I get download speeds in the 100MB/s range.

>Sonyggers shill vehemently here every day saying that PAYING for PSN makes it better for them.
>People actually defend paying for a system that is inherently inferior in every single way to a free system!

>Wifi
Wifi is not meant for downloading 20 GB of games.

>OG PS4 has shit wifi.
PS4 Pro too. The worst part was trying the Vita stream thing. It's completely unusable via direct wifi connection PS4-Vita but works fine going through the router. I don't know how Sony managed to fuck up so much.

Yea it fucking is you mong. Stop shilling

There are no provisions that say "woah dude you can't download that on wifi"

>free system
>he's probably using windows 10 right now and doesn't remember that Microshit started the whole paid online scam
But we all know Gaben wouldn't let you down right?

OP here - I have the Pro as well. It's a clear problem with the wifi card or the drivers Sony is using. This is kinda unbelievable - my fucking phone has better wifi.

Who cares who started it, my system is still free to go online with faggot

>gaben wouldn't do it

if GFWL died IMMEDIATELY from its inception of PC paid online, steam would never commit suicide to 125 million users

Yeah just use it wired. All Sony consoles have incredibly shitty wifi.

Wifi is radio. Radio is shared media. It's not meant for transferring entire Blurays.

Speaking of, is the eShop slow for the same reason? I couldn't even begin to imagine downloading something as big as a WiiU game off of that shit. It took me two hours just to download fucking Pokemon Moon.

Some things just have shit design desu. I have a £900 laptop that you can't actually use on your lap or on a carpet because it tanks the WiFi.
In comparison my £150 phone stays connected with better speeds.

>Wifi is radio.
ok so?
>radio is shared media
What.
>its not meant for
fuck off loser, its meant for any and everything. Millions of americans use wifi for transfer of anything. they use it to stream and download EVERYTHING

you're a fucking shill

Enjoy DOODA and League of Faggots, user. At least it's free, right. :^)

No but the OG 3DS just has slow wifi. Though 2 hours is pushing it, is the game that big?

My online access is free to all my games unlike yours that you're forced to pay for to get the full experience
see

>implying I'm not typing this on my PC right now
LMAO idorts literally always win

>I'm expected to believe that my console provides a superior service to the competition
>when in fact my competition has better online capabilities
Makes sense why all sony exclusives are single player. Shit online.

It's about average for a 3DS game, maybe even a little smaller, but I was downloading it the second it launched so it probably took longer than usual.

I do always win because I'm the best

Doubt it, I downloaded Smash Bros shortly after release and I don't remember it taking that long.

>people pay for this garbage

>tfw NZ
>tfw the best you can get is 2mb at most

Sony is incompetent because there is a real technical oversight behind it (a horrible one). For the moment, Nintendo is incompetent because it's Nintendo attempting online.

>newfag

how ironic.

quite the contrary, newfag

Steam currently supports up to 450mbit fiber speeds. 40 MB/s is readily available.

>radio is shared media
>What.
Oh look, another 12 year old tech-illiterate.
Radio frequencies are shared. The capacity is limited. Complaining about physical limitations and blaming it onto some Internet service completely is retarded.
Wifi is not meant for transferring dozens of GBs and because every kid is doing it just like you, it slows down to crawl.

Their CDN supports more. I managed to max my gigabit connection with Steam.

>Only takes me about an hour to download 30 gbs
Get better internet, poorfag.

>Some kid has shit internet
>Blames Sony

>makes an irrelevant statement
>WEW ILLITERATE
you're a fucking retard. It doesn't matter if radio broadbands are shared. People are well out of range and use different channels from each other and use them successfully and readily. This isn't a wifi issue at all. Its Sony's hardware and sony's poor hardware

>Wifi is not meant for transferring dozens of GBs and because every kid is doing it just like you, it slows down to crawl.
Yea it is, I do it all the time, almost every day. the fact that people stream over it successfully proves so. You sound like a fucking TWC shill

>wifi isn't meant for downloading
>as millions of americans stream netflix every day without issue

dl'ed yakuza 4 which is 20 gigs or so in under an hour. your internet is just shit. i bet you complain about 'laggy servers' too.

>Millions of Americans stream Netflix wireless
>Meanwhile PlayStation can't download shit
That's pure coincidence!
Hint: Streaming doesn't saturate the medium capacity.