Institute has the most advanced technology in the world

>institute has the most advanced technology in the world
>can't track down a rogue scientist in the glowing sea because apparently they don't have radiation protection equipment

Bravo Howards

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Didn't he actually fake his death? Or at least something happened that made the Institute think he was?

And even then, the Glowing Sea is a big place, and they only have so many Synths to send after one person.

My settlement got attacked by 20 synths for no reason before I'd even started the institute quest line.

>the Institute didn't just set his quest as active and follow their map marker

i think it's more the fact that there's deathclaws and cultists and shit out there, and he moved around a lot

it's a cost:benefit thing. there was no huge downside to letting him remain there, and it would cost a LOT of synths to kill him

Did anyone else feel like the glowing sea was really underwhelming?

>could have had this guy as the super mutant companion
>instead we got Strong who hates literally everything

They can. They tasked kellog to do it but the player kills him. I know shitting on bethesda is s dank meme but play the game first before shitting on it.

They sent Kellogg, but the MC got to Kellogg before he could start his journey into the glowing sea.

STRONG BORED

STRONG HUNGRY

STRONG WANT TO DO MORE FIGHTING

>[Strong disliked this comment}

Why do you have to kill him in a first place?

To steal his brain and figure out how to get into the Institute and find SHAUN!. Also killed your wife/husband blah blah blah.

Nigger, it's a Bethesda game. They release underwhelming games in general.

>Virgil being a mutant is what make him being resistant to living in the glowing sea
>after becoming a human he's basically fucked

Great plan

It was the only thing in Fo4 that had sparked my interest even a littlw bit, and it was one of the most bland and boring areas in the entire game.

There was probably a escaped synth pretending to be a settler.
This, the glowing sea is a huge place. I don't know why Kellogg was even at Fort Hagen when he was supposed to be trying to find the scientist.
Doesn't he try to kill you if you just talk to him without saying anything agressive"
It could've been cooler if it was filled with something. Like feral ghouls you have to run from/tunnel under/fly over (depending on what faction you choose to do it with)

>institute has the most advanced technology in the world
>other factions want to destroy everything they have
It's silly.

Underwhelming for exploration/loot but the atmosphere was amazing.

Honestly, it was one of the better parts of the game to me.

I went into it before I got the quest to find Virgil so I was basically trudging through this barren, morbid hellscape, exploring at my leisure. It was fun.

Pretty much this entire game. I'm so frustrated by this because it had such a cool setup too.

>underground society of scientists that never stopped researching, independent of vault-tec shenanigans (citation needed?)
>potential to dive into a complex morality of "what is human." One of the first synth characters we are introduced to is Nick Valentine
>Begin to get an idea of why people are afraid of synths as you see their technology and you find people close to you might be synths
>potential for internal corruption
>some neat areas like the glowing sea
>that town of criminals or whatever (I can't remember, goodneighbor?)
>factions with all compelling (initial) reasons to be there (well maybe not the BoS but I can get behind it I suppose because they were more how I would expect the brotherhood to act
>potential to roleplay as a man out of time
>cyberpunk aesthetic possibility vs retro scifi aesthetic

and you know what they do with all these cool sci-fi elements that could have been great? FUCK ALL. Your choices have no meaning. You're too busy caught up with your shit eating son (who they resolve poorly even if it was cool that your son is now like old as fuck.) All you do is get fucked by raiders. You can't roleplay at all. You can level up to be a god. Most of the characters have no personality development.

I say this about moral choices a lot, but there is a difference between morally grey and just flat out unreasonable. What the fuck was the Railroad's deal? Why was the Brotherhood even there? Why is the institute being vaguely evil? Fuck off Minutemen fuckers. I'm not sure if it's lazy or what, but the world doesn't feel like it would exist without you.

The only quest I felt any involvement in was Valentine's quest, and it was just so well written that I have trouble believing it wasn't outsourced. What a great character, it really used the "human" concept well.

Overall, it's not bad. But it was just a mediocre experience.

>The only quest I felt any involvement in was Valentine's quest, and it was just so well written that I have trouble believing it wasn't outsourced. What a great character, it really used the "human" concept well.
Isnt that the quest where there was a ghoul who ghoulified himself even before it the bombs fell?

The base is all there. I can see where everything was going but it is so underwhelming, which is Bethesda's style.

I wouldn't mind if Bethesda and Obsidian develop some kind of Treyarch-Infinity Ward relationship. The base is there, now we need a Sawyer and company to make an actual RPG but keep what's good.

I think the old New Vegas crew that made New Vegas 'New Vegas' moved on. Nothing like that will ever happen again Also why the fuck can't I upload my sick meme picture

In Fallout 3 they talked about rich societies experimenting with ways to survive nuclear Armageddon; one of the methods was becoming a ghoul.

b-but he's in a cave... that's how radiation works right Tod??

Kind of ruins the threat of radiation exposure when your first mission gives you a suit of power armor.

all the companions' writing was a league above everything else (except maybe Strong, holy shit who let that happen), except when they're involved with the main quest because logic just flies out the window
The banter with Valentine if you choose sarcastic options was legitimately funny.
It feels like there's a handful of people at Bethesda who actually enjoy making games, but the entire lead staff are shiteaters like Hines and Emil who are actively trying to make the worst games possible

NV was great because they had a shitload of work done already from Van Buren. It's easier to reshuffle and fix something than it is to start from scratch, and without VB there's no way we would have gotten anything like NV in such a short timeframe.
Even if the dream team were back together we probably wouldn't see something NV tier unless they had 3 years to work on it

The peole who made NV are all gone? So there's no hope of Obsidian taking FO4 and making something great? God dammit.

Exploring that one church covered in rubble was cool I guess

Nothing in the game makes any god damn sense if you give it any thought.

It's a crowning achievement in Bethesda's storied history of inane writing.

John Gonzalez and Avellone have both left, but Sawyer and a bunch of other important people are still there
This "everyone has left" meme is a bit silly to be honest

Any idea if Bethesda will hire them for another Fallout before 5?

There are lines of dialog people won't get to experience because you can only have one companion at a time. After killing Kellogg and exiting the fort, there was some dialog between Piper and Valentine (had them both with me due to mods obviously) that just felt like it should naturally be there.

But no, Bethesda are little shits and we can't have multiple companions for reasons.

Literally zero
And even if they did it'd be pointless with Emil "muh daddy issues" Pagliarulo leading the writing AND design at Bethesda

>Doesn't he try to kill you if you just talk to him without saying anything agressive"
He, understandably, believes that no matter what you say after you murdered dozens of people and synths to get at him that there's no way it's not going to end in violence. Particularly after he murdered your spouse in front of you and kidnapped your only child.

And let's hope that you're not such a beta cuckold that he was right.

>originally the player could kill Maxson and take over the BoS because he hates synths
>the only reason they took it out was because they were too lazy to change the BoS soldier's dialogue about hating synths
Emil's talk about writing was fucking hilarious
youtube.com/watch?v=Bi51-wjcwp8

[Speech 80]
Kellogg, I know where you come from.
I know your past. You lost someone important to you too.
We don't need to continue this cycle of bloodshed.
Help me find the institute.

(Karma gained)

[Barter 85]
Kellogg, you're scum, but I might forgive you.
Spare me a nice sum of caps and some information about the institute and I'll never want to see your face again.

>Pass Speech and Barter checks
>Still kill him
Fuck Kellogg. He was a giant piece of shit.

It's kind of cool for an area in a Bethesda game especially stumbling upon that ominous looking Sentinel site but other than that it's complete shit

>The only given choice is the choice I would take, so I don't need any options to deal with a certain situation differently

fallout 4 target audience right here folks