Is Color Splash really that bad? After sticker star I had zero interest and didn't even pay attention to it coming out...

Is Color Splash really that bad? After sticker star I had zero interest and didn't even pay attention to it coming out, but I was just recently looking at some footage and it's pretty beautiful. And then I got to thinking, TTYD was more like an Adventure Game at some points, and the battle system in Paper Mario was always easy, so could this really be that bad?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hOwKQ7mVc2g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes it's that bad, your partner is a fucking bucket and battle mean less than ever and that's pretty fucking bad for an RPG

I found it fun as a non-Nintendo fan. The battle system was a bit annoying because it makes you look away from the screen but other than that its a really vibrant and fun game

Color Splash does the same shit sticker star does but a bit better.

Wholly style over substance. It's a bad, unrewarding to play game.

It's pretty, and occasionally has some witty dialog. It's a full on Nintendo Cinematic Experience.

>Wholly style over substance. It's a bad, unrewarding to play game.

Most of Nintendos first party output was essentially this though, Nintendo does not make deep games.

shit
looks good, but the game still plays like shit and the writing/story was forgettable

>64>TTYD>>>SPM>>>>CS>>>>>>>>sS

It's bad in terms of it being Nintendo's experiment RPG. Other than that, I found it fun and still own a copy.

youtube.com/watch?v=hOwKQ7mVc2g

Playing through it right now, beat the first koopa kid Morton.

Story is neat. The toads are way more varied than they were in Sticker Star. Music is catchy. The level progression is different in that there's a lot of backtracking between areas, though they're hardly a slog to go through.

The combat is...it's not absolutely braindead and you can get wrecked if you fuck up the prompts. But it's best in very small doses. Sometimes you see a narrow hallway of goombas and think "Oh fuck that" because the beginning is pretty slow.

charming dialogue and awesome aesthetic content.
mechanically the combat is slow compared to other card games (i.e. Baten Kaitos). the gamepad feels very unnecessary. the action of dragging a card and coloring it feel like work with all the steps taken to perform a move.

my wife liked it but she is not an autistic man child so i dunno

It's actually pretty good. Not 64 or TTYD good but at least SPM good. I liked it more, to be honest.

I loved it. Was a buncha fun.

This is my issue with the game's combat: it is slowwwwww. I don't think there was any card game on Gamecube that slogged down the combat like this, and there were a ton of card games on Cube than Wii U. What happened?

Get it on sale or wait for a Switch port.

sale? ha. what sale will you get when there is no stock? i know wal-mart is clearing out some wii u titles, but paper mario is not going to see any price reduction.

Honestly, at this point they might as well give it real time combat. I mean, they're calling the hame an action adventure rather than an RPG already. I agree that the sticker based combat is needlessly dull.

Super had real time combat, I wonder why they didn't stay with it?

Because that kind of combat wouldn't work that well on a 3D plane, I guess. It's probably harder to aim your attacks with graphics where the environments are 3D but almost all the characters are 2D sprites.

It looks and sounds pretty. That's it.
Gameplay-wise it sucks. Saying it's better than Sticker Star isn't saying a lot since Sticker Star didn't try.

>We already have a Mario RPG series titled "Mario & Luigi" for players who want an RPG game. Fuck Paper Mario fans!

t. Nintendo Japan

This pissed me off so much.

I will never get over the fact that they actually said this, basically shattering the possibility of a good Paper Mario game from ever existing. Fuck Naohiko Aoyama for Directing these 2 shitty games