NITW: Was it worth the wait?

Night In The Woods was originally supposed to be released on PS3 in 2014. 3 Years later it finally arrives on Steam.

But does Sup Forums think it was worth it? What do you think of the game? According to Google it's currently rated a 9/10.

Personally I've been falling asleep on it but I'm unsure if I should attribute to it being boring or to its setting being insanely comfy. It took me a while to get to "the plot" But I do feel like this might be one of the better kickstarter games recently released. The gameplay is both engaging and drawn out and makes me wonder if Sup Forums would categorize this as another walking simulator or "visual novel"

>shilling me softly with his post

I didn't realize it was already out.

>shilling

I didn't even suggest buying the game. Playing through it I feel like you'd get the exact same thing watching a Lets play of the game.

It just came out at 1:30 today

>arrives on Steam

>currently rated a 9/10

>I do feel like this might be one of the better kickstarter games recently released. The gameplay is both engaging and drawn out

>lots of question marks with which to engage the community and incite discussion

Shilllllllling me soooooftly with his shilling 101

Watched a whole playthrough. Its not worth any money at all. At best it should be freeware as an art project. It is not a video game.

Shit I am shilling fuck me

On release is too soon to reach any verdict, and it'll probably be a while before more people pick it up.
Nice trips.

I liked Lost Constellation, so I'll probably check it out.

I was really enjoying the experience until 3/4 through but I'm not sure I'm happy with how it all wrapped up though.

It's a bad game, characters are animals for no reason, trying too hard to pander to the "umentionable audience".

Just because it's done with vectors and it looks polished it doesn't make it a good game, it's all stupid dialogues with no soul and no charm, none of the characters have anything going on for them, really a single mask in HLM has more personality than any of this random manimals.

>But does Sup Forums think it was worth it?
>waiting on and some literal who's indie game
No it's never worth it

Backed this a long fucking while ago. I get that the devs have mental illness so it's hard for them to finish stuff, but the constant delays were a little annoying. I hope that it's at least a 6/10 since I'm trying to keep my expectations low.

That said, I loved every piece of music that ever came out. The composer guy's pretty solid.

Oh, are you the same shill who got really upset in that thread yesterday morning?

Looks like shit. If i keep seeing shilling posts, I may pirate it.

Why

>makes me wonder if Sup Forums would categorize this as another walking simulator or "visual novel"
Only by people who didn't play it.

I pirated it, don't waste your time

get berserk, or that other indie game that's coming up on friday, hollow knight or something

This also panders to the LGBT SJW community pretty hard.
The game looks pretty, but it wasn't worth the $, yes I did buy it, yes I did beat it, and yes I enjoyed some of the content despite not liking those issues.

If you're super against SJW propaganda you might not like this title or the creators.

For me it's a 4/10

I never even heard of this game until like a week ago.
Why are people talking about it now?

Anyone have a GOG download?

Kickstarter game that had a few delays but is finally being released.

It doesn't look amazing and it does have a lot of indie pandering to it, but the devs haven't outright lied nor asked for more money to finish the game. With all the poison attached to Kickstarter games these days, a project reaching that low standard is pretty rare.

>This also panders to the LGBT SJW community pretty hard.

By which you mean it has a gay couple, as opposed to having no gays. Get a life.

>Get a life.
we're both on Sup Forums and this is your insult lol

*wife
sorry typo :/

Yeah, but why should I care?
Is the game good?
Is it a actual game?

>the devs have mental illness so it's hard for them to finish stuff, but the constant delays were a little annoying
If you can't deal with dates and deliveries, get another project manager/producer

Source: I manage projects and have seen guys being fired cause they suck.

>but muh dream project and muh mental illness
If you can't deliver to your public you shouldn't be doing this.

I don't disagree with you on this nor am I trying to use that as an excuse to justify the delays. Sorry if it came across that way.

Here's a quote of a steam review.

"Just watched a long play of the game, I'd reccomend getting this game on sale rather than pay the full 20$ price. The dialogue had more "..."s than Final Fantasy 8's protagonist Squall, and there's a throw away insert near the end.

The point of the game is that there's no point, it's essentially a depressing platformer with no payoff."

thank you user i needed this post. i'm going to kill myself cause i've been too depressed to go to work and honestly just needed one last push to solidify my lack of worth. i get this might be coming off as snide or ironic but i'm being sincere, thanks.

So it's LISA without shit RPG combat?

That review is a lie, I haven't seen any ellipses whatsoever.

>Just watched a long play of the game
I didn't know steam let's you review games you didn't buy through the platform. Seems like a kind of bad idea to be frank.

>I didn't know steam let's you review games you didn't buy through the platform.

It doesn't, the "review" is a quote from the Steam message board, probably a fake one. There's no let's play on youtube, and I've not seen any ellipses in dialogue (I'm in chapter 2)

I never accuse people of shilling, but I am sure that's what's happening here. Multiple posts over multiple days that all have the same ""subtly"" advertising tone to them. I'm going to pirate it and not enjoy myself.

I hope you don't, but I don't know your situation. Good luck with everything, user.

>thank you user i needed this post. i'm going to kill myself cause i've been too depressed to go to work and honestly just needed one last push to solidify my lack of worth. i get this might be coming off as snide or ironic but i'm being sincere, thanks.

Please don't, I'm not being insincere.

I wasn't trying to start a shitwar. It's just that things from Kickstarter and most fanmade stuff in general tend to get a free pass because of what I said.

If you can't deliver consider analyzing thoroughly the project

26.99 maple fun bucks. Jesus Christ.

If the art direction in this game was any less than it was I would never even consider buying this at full price.

I got major Life is Strange vibes from playing this game.

Basically, It is shit but I still finished it purely out of morbid curiosity.

Here is some of the stuff:
1. it MAY look like it has some gameplay, but literally 95% of it is spent on dialogue and walking from point A to point B. Remaining 5% are somewhat cute but completely useless minigames devoid of any depth
2. It has easily the worst fucking writing I have ever seen in a proper game. Remember everything bad about LiS dialogue and multiply it by 10. Trailers made it look like there may be a degree of irony to it. There really isn't.
3. It s too fucking long and devs made it that way on purpose by forcing you to waste time walking and by inflating the dialogue with useless fucking shit. Probably to justify the price.
4. The plot is a fucking mess of themes (ghosts, dealing with mental disorder, illuminati, being gay in a small town etc) and none of them go anywhere
5. All characters are unbearable cringe lords and the main one is the biggest fucking cunt of them all.
6. It has some SJW vibes but it never goes all the way

Frankly, I don't even understand why people praise graphics of this game so much. They are cute and all that but there is no way in hell something this basic should warrant a praise.

Tl;dr
It is not worth the time it takes to finish it, let alone it's retarded price. Can't wait for the journos to praise it the same way they did LiS and Gone Home. Especially considering that both of those games are actually better than Night in the Woods.

Also: how the fuck do you spend 3 years and 200 000 dollars on THIS?

There are newgrounds games with more depth and interactivity than Woods.

An artist for NITW is literally part of a domestic terrorist organisation. They hint at the beginning that the game isn't going to shy away from politics, and I saw a post from a developer describing the game as a critique of neoliberalism.

It's not about having a gay couple. No one cares about that. It's about not wanting to give money, or invest time in something that promotes radical leftist ideology and SJWism.

It is exactly like life is strange in these regards.

It was obviously made by people who hold SJW-ish beliefs and it has a couple of lines of text here and there and maybe some vague general commentary, but it never goes out of it's way to promote this shit.

Bitching about it being SJW would merely cover up a bunch of legit problems this game has.

whoa, you guys are spamming the shit out of this """""game""""""

this man speaks the whole truth

I don't understand why after 10 years Sup Forums is still hung up on whether something is a game or not.

Christ alive elevate the discussion a little bit. Who gives a shit if it's a game or not. Judge it on its merits. There are a ton of avenues to bash this game for being a piece of shit besides HURR DURR ITS NOT A GAME.

Man, I want to say Sup Forums's gone downhill but it's right the fuck where I left it. I guess that's comforting, in a way.

This game is long? Thats a selling point in this day and age.

The low-hanging fruit is always Sup Forums's choice.

>This game is long?

It FEELS long because of how fucking boring it is but in reality it takes, like, 7 hours to beat it.

>Look up trailer on youtube
>Ratings and comments are disabled

Yeah, I'm not gonna buy that

it has the content of a flash game but dragged until eternity

I'm not whoever wrote that on Steam, but people have played it, and ellipses are present.

twitch videos/123752707

could this be the next undertail?

So what's the main message? Something banal and basic?

i'm too busy resisting capitalism to buy thisi tbqh

Rule of thumb: if a story-focused game fails to make you interested in the first 20 minutes, it can go fuck itself.
This one falls under that category, sadly.

I wish. It's stupidly artsy-fartsy head up it's ass liberal bullshit.

i dont want to support sjw devs

where can i download for free

any respectable torrent site

>trying to incite discussion in a thread op is a bad thing
You are an absolute mongoloid.

Dingdong streamed it on Twitch. Guy more or less was repeating what Dingdong said about the game with the "the point of the game is that there's no point."

I think I saw that episode of Seinfeld.

Holy shit that cant be real

>sharing dingdong's streams on Sup Forums

i get this game is shit, but please dont sacrifice dingdang

Seinfeld led us to bees.

It isn't from the game.

no message, really.
it's just creepy monsters and occult things mixed with young adult-esque depression and self-loathing
and maybe some liberal stuff, but really that's more just character details than a message.

it's about existential crises

I tried it out cautiously, since I'm not a big fan of walking sims, nor do I care for the politics of the creators. It really isn't atrocious. Solid 6/10, with no overt messages beating you over the head. Likewise, the main character is intended to be shitty, which is evident in her writing being the most tortuous in the game.