Has a game ever been ruined by patches/updates? Besides Tribes

Has a game ever been ruined by patches/updates? Besides Tribes.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ao76_2C6en0
youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc
store.steampowered.com/app/226320/
youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

WoW

Spiral Knights.
Stop reminding me

From what I've read star wars galaxies had a patch that completely destroyed the game.

Aren't bunnies insta-ban?

Evolved was fucked over with it's first patch I think.
Kraken was able to kill an entire team at level 1

TF2

_ ____ __ ____ ____ _____

Chivalry.

Name 10 electronic games that WASN'T.

It's obvious as hell but this.
Still upset.

Every single one of them. People need to stop fucking up enjoyable games because they're too lazy to release a new product.

Ultima online - repeatedly

youtube.com/watch?v=ao76_2C6en0

EU4
CK2 also they managed to salvage it afterwards

>uninstalling with 1800 hours played after THAT PATCH

It was like losing a piece of myself.

I would argue the Netherrealm games were

FUCKING TRIBES
I don't care. I'm still mad.

>oh damn patch day came suddenly...

that song

Tribes wasn't ruined by patches unless you mean Ascend.

Minecraft adding hunger

Ding ding ding, there are many many answers but SWG reigns supreme over them ALL

For my contribution, Firefall. I'm pretty sure at one point during the five redesigns of the game it was fun, but it's sure as hell hard to remember when exactly.

MMOs shouldn't count

How so? I fucking hated having to spend energy every time I wanted to play the game.
What else did they change?

Oh boy yes, I didn't play but I'm pretty sure they removed the long arduous process involved in becoming a Jedi which was super satisfying to pull off and took months to achieve and just released jedi as a class.

SWG with CU
Minecraft with hunger
Rust constantly

TF2 and CS:GO

I was annoyed at first, but you can only take so much shit from one company before you just stop caring.

SHAZBOT!

Ascend was never good

TF2
Ultima Online
Dota 2
League of Legends
Realm of the Mad God
Chromehounds F
Runescape
WoW
Warthunder

You know what, let's make a shorter list. What MMOs and/or F2P games haven't been ruined by patches yet?

Agreed. There is a mod for that. Hunger Strike.

Also you are welcome.

Go climb a wall of dicks

Removed mist but made everything grindy like needing materials to level up weapons, or no updates for over 2 years outside of a gun rebalance. Arcade expansion was scrapped, only releasing reskins. Energt market is fucking inflated and arcade is dead for missions. Most content was locked paywall shit.
Ever since sega. Glorious summer 2011 was one of the best moments outside beta. Nick and the lead programmer even left at somepoint

Really activated my almonds

Robocraft died after the beta.
Trove was great until everything started to cost money including playable characters

H1Z1

TF2 was made better by updates you dumb nostalgiafag
>wanting pyros shooting through walls, indestructible stickies that did a billion times more damage, soldier with 40 rockets, spam everywhere, no ubersaw, no sandvich, no gunboats and only 2 good maps

Endless Online is getting better by the day

patches actually made Rainbow Six Siege better.

Star Wars Galaxies

It was a patch that completely changed how combat worked and made becoming a Jedi easy as cake when it used to be a long, hard process.

>dota 2
There's like 4 or 5 heros still keeping me in this game, but aside from that, I'd agree.

Civ is shit because it's too simple. EU4 is shit because it's too contrived.

TF2

the recent updates are dogshit, however

Payday 2 but with DLC instead

>Dota 2
hidethepainharold.jpg

More like ruining the modding community. 1.8 was a terrible mistake.

How the fuck did you become a Jedi anyway? I was a casual fuck back then and always thought Jedis were just extra special snowflakes or game devs

>Realm of the Mad God
JUST

I stopped playing Realm of the Mad God ages ago.
What did they fuck up?

Battlefield 2

Original movie was more interesting:

youtube.com/watch?v=tqlaPttudUc

They chickened.

>distant sound of hands rubbing behind a lamp post

You have to become force-sensitive, then you get a visit from an old dude. Then you do a quest, get visited by old dude again, kill a dark jedi, and then you are now a padawan. Then you have to train 16 skills to become a jedi.

Jedi get hunted by master bounty hunters. BH's get quests to hunt Jedi when a Jedi gets "visibility" which is using their saber/powers in public.

It's been said already but I think SWG is the only game I can think of that got ruined twice by two separate patches.

Originally you had to loot Holocrons (which were rare) and when you used them it would tell you a class (ex. Master Merchant) and then you had to level that class. Repeat the process so many times and you would unlock Jedi. This is when they still did kinetic damage and lost xp on death so they were fucking terrible.

Then they made the 'village' update where after completing a questline you go to a village on dathomir that would give you a bunch of tasks ( that cycled monthly I believe?) After completing so many of the tasks you become force sensitive, unlock the force sensitive tree and are given an extra character slot to make a jedi.

I want to fuck that bunny.

>They chickened
I though it was a matter of getting funded or not? As in, if they went with the darker plot they would be rejected.

World of Warcraft,
Starcraft 2,
League of Legends,
Counterstrike GO
Counterstrike Source
Evolve
Starbound
Minecraft
Rust
World of Tanks
Warthunder
World of Battleships
Payday
Payday 2
Overwatch
DayZ
ArcaniA
Anno2070
NU DOOM
Squad

we need another furry holocaust

Robocraft

Not doing for the You-s, but Path of Exile for me.

>implying CU ruined it
The CU wasn't that bad, come on. The NGE was the one that bombed everything.

FFXIV
>2.1 introduced a Dungeon/Raid Finder
>2.3 introduced gear i100 way too fast
>3.0 Introduced the worst expansion in MMO history, and flying mounts
>3.0.4 introduced Pepsiman savage
>3.1 introduced the worst raid in history.

And I stopped playing then

SFV Season 2

all of them

that and nobody wanted to see a movie that would just make them depressed, especially if it looked like a kids movie with the animation and talking animals

Marvel Heroes (marvel themed diablo clone) destroyed their game with their latest big update. In a nutshell they put character movement on a 3 second cooldown for every character regardless of build and limited everyone to a single skill bar with only 8 powers in a fucking ARPG. They've been doing damage control ever since.

store.steampowered.com/app/226320/

>38% positive reviews in the last 30 days

pepsiman, as in actual pepsiman?

When was the first one?

I kept playing after CU, but that was more because Kashyyk content than anything else. CU ruined a lot of interesting builds.

>complaining about pepsi man who showed people their place

You weren't missed.

Gotta slow down that gameplay for the inevitable console port. Fuck 'em. Won't be coming back.

Bf Heroes was a fun little game until it got fucked hard by the mighty EA p2w rod

It can be made better, and THEN ruined.

afterbirth +

Literally every mmo ever eventually?

The gold medal goes to S4 League imo

>Runescape got so bad people their most popular version of the game is a save state from 10 years ago
>people literally picking a devolved version of the game because live version is THAT bad
>now has to deal with a split playerbase

where did it all go so wrong?

Holy shit, I would have loved to see this movie instead

Warframe

>NU DOOM
Multiplayer was trash from the start,
but what ruined the game even further?

That's not more interesting than we already got. There's no real message to convey in parallel to humans, unless you're saying that you feel like a bear and you're depressed that you can't go into berserk against other animals and you feel "tamed"

The message is kinda there but it just doesn't work like that at all. Also it suggests to me that someone could take the message and interpret it as "place a collar into that ethnic guy" and the arab goes "I'm not gonna allahu ackbar wtf man" and everybody cries.

So no, it's pretty obvious why it got changed.

>All of those negative 3k+ hour played reviews
Never even touched the game and just looking at that saddens me deeply.

Natural Selection 2

Most MMOs are trashed by updates, it's hard to find one that has actually been IMPROVED with each update.
TERA was never a great MMO but some updates definitely made it much, much worse. The butchering of customization was the first thing that made me quit years ago. I come back a few years later just to find that world PvP for players under lv. 60 was removed as well in a recent update. Call me a masochist but I enjoyed getting ganked, it added something fun to the mindless leveling grind.

I never thought i'd miss paying for an elevator pass like a good goy, but then they added heat.
This, nothing more to be said.

>CK2
>Paradox adds broken ass artificial difficulty EU4 defensive coalitions in a patch
>have to wait six months for a new DLC to drop with a patch that fixes it

Fuck 2.5.2

>chromehounds

f

>EU4 adds institutions in "free patch"
>Have to buy DLC in order to actually get institutions as a country outside of Europe (whichever one adds development)
It's a good thing I only play EU4 for the MP and that only the host needs to own that shit or else i'd be begging for tech penalties/westernization back again.

CK2 has been a mess ever since they added EU4 style retreat mechanics. Shattering in EU4 is annoying enough but you can pretty easily figure out where the army is going to retreat to, but since CK2 has no military access to speak of an army can retreat halfway across Europe and gain its troops back with ease.
I don't think i'd be able to do a Zunbil run again with the current mechanics, the only reason I won the early wars was due to tactical stackwipes and attrition. Every battle now is a pyrrhic victory and it seems almost impossible to win as the "little guy".

Every single Destiny update.

Skyforge.
This game started out decently and then spiraled into a tornado of bad decisions

Ace of Spades

Political manipulation of minorities(previously oppressed) to gain political power to get rid of past oppressors.

Not minorities themselves, but rather their fear.

Everything DICE touches
Developers need to stop listening to whiny YouTube shits' horrible opinions on video game balance

Nah, they movie was like 40% done, they weren't sure how the movie should end, so they asked Pixar for opinion, Pixar told them to completely rewrite the movie because it was horrible.

You should both watch this:

youtube.com/watch?v=D3pF9owYlRI

This is how Disney makes movies.

CoD1.
They "removed" bunnyhopping in MP with later patches.

EoC

Robocraft