What does Sup Forums think of competitive Pokemon?

What does Sup Forums think of competitive Pokemon?

We like it so much it has its own board

It's a gigantic waste of time

I still don't pay attention to stats at all playing pokemon. Just type and cool factor.

It's a fucking joke. The game isn't meant to be competitive by any means, if anything GF keeps spawning more broken shit at each generation. And it isn't fun to watch either.

lol

Smogoniggers need to get off /vp/ right now.

I want to play a competitive game, but I'm...
>too dumb for rts
>too slow for arena fps
>too coy for fighting games
>too antisocial for any team game
...and I don't like card games, so I'll play Pokemon!

>autism

>bitching about Smogon rules on cartridge
>outdated game with dead battle spot
???

Hope you enjoy a Meta filled with Tapus and UBs. If you thought primals and genies were bad, the power creep just went way up.

Heliolisk was a huge mistake.

Training and breeding Pokemon is such a fucking hassle it's not even worth it for in game. Online battle emulators are fine, but everyone is a meta cocksucker.

I use them against my friend :^)

Use an ability capsule you fucking sperg

>Yellow text on yellow background
Yeah, fuck you, faggot.

>thought Sun/Moon meta would be varied and healthy thanks to the regional Pokemon only rule and Z-moves
>Tapus and Ultra beasts are allowed to be used online
>got a worse meta than megas
Legendaries were a mistake

>Competitive gaming

Autistic as fuck, especially if you use Smogon

I like it, but the overlap of Pokemkn I like and Pokemon that are competitively viable is very small

tapus, genies, megas, sneaky pebbles, z-moves, severely limited pool of viable pokemon, and smogon ruined it
showderp is fun tho

We are never going to have another CGC2014 ever again user.

>Pokemon
>Competitive
Pick only one

Competitive Pokemon

>taunt bait bird
>magnezone bait bird
x fucking d

It's fun enough if you don't take it too seriously, but once you get into the actual "competitive" meta it's complete dogshit.

autism in its purest form

So how valuable are sneaky pebbles? Wouldn't it be much better to attack and aim for a 2hko instead of wasting a move setting up?

i don't think about it

arguably one of the best moves in the game.
completely shuts out most fire/bug/flying/ice types for only one turn of set up compared to 3 from spikes
things like volcarona and charizard would be much more prevalent without them.

sneaky pebbles on a defensive mon is much better because it punishes switches and can potentially deal a shitton of damage over time

Your opponent's switches are taxed when rocks are up on the field. This chip damage is very important in regulating the health of their team, as it makes them switch more conservatively overall, especially if they have a pokemon that is we to rocks.

>specs top lel
>scarf sexebug
>super sonic meme strike and bloom doom everywhere

the average amount of passive damage sr racks up in a full single battle is equivalent to like 6+ turns of neutral damage attacks
because they have no limitation on how long they last or how much damage they can do and only take one turn to set up, its literally the best attacking move in the game, to the point that part of the meta actually revolves around keeping it on/off the field since they are actually that potent

you dont see them used in doubles because they matter less the fewer pokemon your opponent has, and in a doubles 4v4 environment its not uncommon to only get two uses out of them

>stealth rock now last 5 turns or 8 with new incognito igneous item
r8

>pokemon is now an elitist circle jerk clusterfuck of stats and pointless abilities

>it will never be simple again like during the first two generations

which is exactly why i dont play any pokemon games past the GBA era

In Battle Spot? I guess it's better than Foresight.
In Smogon 6v6? Amazing for reasons already mentioned.

Without additional syngerny it seems very situtationnal but could still be used cuz nerf of SR would make Volcarona A+ if not S tier

>A+ if not S
I doubt it
Definitely B though
Most of the tapus + things like volcanion and diancie and things like greninja and megazard make it very sad

252+ SpA Tapu Lele Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Volcarona: 306-361 (98.3 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO
lol

Volc rapes most Tapus, it can't really switch into any of them except maybe Bulu if you're 100% sure he isn't using Stone edge and Lele if you're 100% sure it isn't using Psychic (I run two dark types so it's really rare for it to use it) but after setting up once only Fini can do some semblance of damage.
>Diancie
Non-existant currently but even then after one set up Volcarona OHKOs Mega Diancie with Giga Drain.

>Volcanion
UU but definitely a full stop, even at +1 HP ground doesn't OHKO but Steam Eruption does.

>Greninja
Really situational matchup but even then at +1 Volc survives Water Shuriken from Specs Battle Bond (assuming not transformed) and Volc is joined to Fini by the hip anyways so Battle Bond Greninja will very rarely transform unless played really well.

252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja Water Shuriken (15 BP) (5 hits) vs. +1 0 HP / 4 SpD Volcarona: 210-250 (67.5 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>MegaZard
Both are full stops, fuck those things, whoever decided to give ZardY Focus Blast to KO TTar, and Drought to Solarbeam and neuter water types is a fucking retard.

>that second to last heliolisk at the bottom
l-lewd

the best thing since sliced bread