"On PS4 Pro you are on par with PC high settings" DF

Runs in 1440p. I've never played Fallout 4. Should I buy it? is it a decent game or only a Sup Forums meme?

youtube.com/watch?v=xeyKG_x_PAs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
youtube.com/watch?v=jVyjRhSX92E
youtube.com/watch?v=2ZXvwVhJ10A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it's not a bad game, but it is a bad fallout so if you are not a fan of the series and don't mind the incoherent story it can be fun. But I recommend you buy it on pc the mods for it are not that bad.

No its awful game get skyrim instead or better the witcher 3

>stable 1440p
Yeah good luck with that

>Ps4 Pro 1440p
>stable
Good one user lol

I would upgrade my gpu to a 1050 only for this game, if it's true dat 1440p stable thing I would avoid wasting money on a new video card

Fallout New Vegas then? I'm not into modding.

DF says the resolution is 1440p at all times.

user I own and exclusively play FO4 on PS4. It's not worth it. Mods are so gimped that it just makes you wish there weren't any in the first place because it's like the worst fucking cock tease ever.

You are better off getting the Xbone version if you have one.

You're just hurting yourself if you buy Beth games on consoles. If you're going to get it at least get it on Xbone.

Do PC settings actually do anything? I remember putting everything on Ultra to see how good it can look and pretty much nothing changed except some textures being slightly higher res.

what kind of bad game is Fallout 4 that everyone only talk about mods? is the game so bad you need community mods to enjoy it?

It is so, so mediocre you will just get bored 10-20 hours in like I did. Not even as fun as Skyrim.

>30fps
>only high settings at 1440p
pretty pitiful to be honest, I would have thought they'd try for 60fps but then again the original PS4 version dropped to 20fps pretty constantly.

>is the game so bad you need community mods to enjoy it?
without a bit of irony, yes.
the answer is yes.
The only reason to install FO4 is for playing dressup in a town of your design with robots and godrays.

yes they do.
I went from high to ultra yesterday because I got a new GPU, there's a lot of post-processing, shader and lighting improvements.
Everything looks more physical, armor and skin look really nice and the lighting is actually quite good.

It's not the best looking game but there's definitely a huge difference if you're actually maxing it out.

>being this new

Dawg have you ever heard of a game called Skyrim? People like it vanilla alright.

It's recommended that you play it on PC because the game is goddamn infinite with mods.

definitely buy New Vegas for pc if just for the unofficial paches it's a good game but bugged up the Ass.

>It's recommended that you play it on PC because the game is goddamn infinite with mods.
that and there are still bugs that Bethesda refuses to fix that you need unofficial patches for.

It's clearly 30fps 1440p, it's not "on par".

I'll give you my honest opinion bro. I really like Bethesda games, I liked Skyrim a lot and I loved FO3 and I played both on consoles and never even felt the need to play them with mods. Even when I played them in PC most mods I had were cosmetic and shit.

Fallout 4 is a different story, it's not that it's terrible as people make it out to be. It's just that the game is mediocre in many of its mechanics and for me the biggest offender is survival mode. With survival mode Bethesda took a stride in the right direction, but then like always they had to find a way to massively fuck up. It was meant to make the game more realistic, but instead it turns the game into an exercise in tedium and makes it less realistic because who the fuck sleeps every 10 minutes?

So the point is the game has these glimmers of brilliance here and there and you can see that it could be so much more, and the only way to get there is through mods

Well holy fucking shit, stop the presses, it's not like installing the unofficial path takes like 2 minutes.

according to the video it drops to 23fps too.

All bethesda games are broken garbage that need console access once in a while to unfuck them. So no, you don't want to play it on a console.

Even if it did not it wouldn't matter. I don't understand why these people keep saying it's "on par" when it's clearly not.

PS4 has mods now too.

console-only fags have an inferiority complex and can't understand more than a simple number
>we 4k we 4k!
>actually that's upscaled
>rugh? what upscale? we 4k?
>WE STILL 1440 STILL 1440
>yes at 30fps
>IT SAME, PC CUG NO SMARTER THAN UGLUG
same deal with PC only fags
>NO GAME NO GAME
>what about this little gem
>urgh fine, 1 game
>oh cool this just came out too
>2 GAME, BASICALLY NO GAME SHUT IT DOWN

Also bullshit enemies can kill you with anything. The first day (actual 24 hours) is hell as even a a level 1 dog can rely your shit at level 10.

I think we can all agree that most gamers are insufferable pieces of shit.

Yeh that's mainly fanboys though. Personally the PS4 has a few games I'd like to have but I can live without them.

Lol Mt years old 770 maxes the game without even flinching

that's like every console pc/fanboy ever. Who gives a shit about specs as long as the games are functional and look good

You can play FO4 if you want just remember that the main core of the game is

>go to location
>kill everyone
>loot
>return

90% of the game's content is based around this idea, you will have fun the longest you go without realising how much you have been stuck doing those things

Skyrim has this problem too by the way but there is more content there than there is in FO4

They don't allow any new/foreign assets.

>witcher 3
>better
Maybe if we're talking about Bound by Flame. And that's a "maybe."

#4theplayers

>pcmr is a funny joke
>sees youtube comments
>using it so seriously..
Leave it to reddit to fuck up a joke

Thanks. I've never played either Skyrim or Fallout. Perhaps I'll buy later this year to try it out Skyrim and see how it goes.

>only two good games for an entire platfrom
wew lad

The game is shit, get Witcher 3 instead

need more like this

If you liked Fallout 3 and Fallout NV then you'll love 4. Ignore the meme. It has everything you'd have experienced in those 2 games, but with settlements addition, a bigger map, more companions, more unique locations, weapons and armour customisation, less buggy and a more memorable game.

Sup Forums doesn't like FO4 because it's popular and mainstream.

I've had this argument plenty of times and I cba having it again so I'll be hiding this thread, play it yourself OP and you'll see I'm right.

good for you, I got a GTX 670 and it runs garbage at 1080p (my main monitor is 1440p, also used for the PS4pro).

Oh, and the combat is infinitely improved, and there's no level cap, and it has the biggest DLC in the series and survivor mode is a brilliant challenge......

>If you liked Fallout 3 and Fallout NV then you'll love 4. Ignore the meme. It has everything you'd have experienced in those 2 games, but with settlements addition, a bigger map, more companions, more unique locations, weapons and armour customisation, less buggy and a more memorable game.

0/10 bait

Anyone who loved NV will hate FO4

thats some garbage bait mate

Witcher 3 is boring and it takes too long to level up; traditional RPGs are dead and for good reason.

At least someone speaks sense.

This. Played this game more than 400 hours and still counting. Though I'll admit that I was prepared for the casualisation of the game and that's a big part of why I have been able to enjoy it that much.

Far Harbor is so good that it's insulting, it's the devs explicitly saying "oh don't worry we still actually know how to Fallout, it's just that we pander to casuals in the first place.", as this DLC is arguably better than the base game.

This is why I still don't know if I should make a negative review on steam.

If you take it for what it is, it's passable. But if you go in expecting any kind of role-playing experience, good dialogue/writing, or a complex story, you will be disappointed. I played the game for a grueling 70 hours in the hope there was something worth finding, but never found it. As a Fallout game, it's bad. As an RPG, its too shallow. As an open world shooter, it's decent.

>tl;dr
If you want Far Cry: Post-apocalyptic edition, this is your game.

Some user linked me these vids and I love him for it. So I'm sharing them back:

youtube.com/watch?v=A34poZ6paGs
youtube.com/watch?v=jVyjRhSX92E

It goes in depth on why the game is so bland and boring, with the only redeeming value being that you'll stumble upon something neat every so often.

>and a more memorable game.
Because the plot was so abysmal?

>The comments section

I wonder who could be behind this post...

Don't bother it's a shit game. Even with mods.

>BETHESDA game
>on CONSOLE

PLEASE STOP CONSOLEWARRING AND TELL OP TO AVOID MAKING A HUGE MISTAKE

NEVER

BUY

BETHESDA

ON

CONSOLE

>buying bethesda games on console
>buying bethesda games
>playing bethesda games

is Dishonored 2 really that bad?

>30fps
>On par with PC

Pick one

There's a difference between games published by Bethesda and Bethesda-developed games.

For example, DOOM 2016 is a "Bethesda" game but not really.

I didn't like the first one. I always thought it was a 100% Bethesda game but it was actually produced by Arkane

Fallout 4 is the only game in my life that I put on hiatus, only to strongly consider dropping it entirely, does the main story at least get better once you join the BoS and raid the Super Mutant nuke storehouse? Because this is where I started losing steam after what felt like a 70 hours that accomplished nothing

>does the main story at least get better once you join the BoS and raid the Super Mutant nuke storehouse?
God no

Nope. The storyline gets even MORE retarded.

I've finished this game many times but I've never been able to finish the BoS story, it's really generic military shit.

Bethesda games on console never ever. You get Fallout or Elder Scrolls single player games on PC. Those are the rules.

Now we're having a FO4 thread, what are the must have mods these days?

Can I just pirate the DLC like with previous Beth titles?

The uninstall wizard is probably my favorite mod.

Yes u can pirate all the DLC =)

>does the main story at least get better
haha
hahahaha
hahahah
no

>any bethesda game on consoles
inb4 any bethesda game

Right click on the game on steam and click "Uninstall..." It gets rid of 28 gigabytes of bloatware.

yes, just download them and activate esp and it works fine.

Ahaha, console plebs have to wait for a fucking patch just to change resolution?

Thanks senpaitachi

Outfit switcher
Achievements
Place everywhere
Scrap everything

These are mines. After 70 hours of crash and bugs during my first survival play through, I resorted to a quicksave mod.

Ive almost 1k hours in both. Speak for youself autismo.

bought this shit last weekend for PC, played 2hrs and I'm completely disappointed

> graphics are shit
> story and dialogue so far are so fucking shit it's unbelievable
> engine is 2005 tier shit
> environments are shit, max payne 1 had more details in rooms
> UI is shit

I hope it's getting better quick, otherwise I'm dropping it. It's such a shame that betheshit has rights to this title, they butchered it

post your edgy slut senpai

it doesnt get any better desu, you best hope is just use mods and ignore the story as much as possible and just explore, if you cant get a refund anymore that is.

>it's only good with mods

youtube.com/watch?v=2ZXvwVhJ10A

>graphics are not an argument
>story and dialogue so far are not an argument
>one good point
>environments are not an argument
>ui is not an argument

I really hope youre underage.

I use the recordable holotape mod. It's configurable so you can still have to scrounge for tapes or just always have one. Maximum 'mersion.

>pro
>on par with high

the og was already on high settings so how is this on par when it should be doing ultra at 30

not him but
>graphics are a part of a video game's composite worth; the design of them in 4 is god awful as is the performance
>story and dialogue are another element of a game's composite worth
yes their engine is shit
>environments are, once again, an element of a game's overall design and do in fact matter
>UI: See every about section of this post

>how x should be
Insta dislike.

This makes the 2 days spent modding it to perfection with 200+ mods feel like the absolute lowest point of my life, and I pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 CE

Piper was qt tho, but I don't know if I liked Piper herself, or the fact that she reminded me of Eva Green

You tried

>what about this little gem
>urgh fine, 1 game
Things that never happened: the post. There are no games on consoles, period.

fight this

>game starts, intro vid clip
they repeat "war never changes" so many times it's becoming a laughing stock meme

>"years of consumption deployed earth from all resources even tho we got power from portable atomic reactors"
fuck logic

>soldiers casually moving across open road just waiting to get BTFO
immersion broken

at this point already I knew it's going to be "we wuyz fallouts an shieeet"

> actual game starts
textures at console level shit

>bathroom has like 5 items in it
> wife stands on a bathroom scale, arrow points at 0

walk up to wardrobe
>1 clothing item per shelf

walk into kid's room
> kid is couple months old, toy car on shelf, a fucking kid bike and baseball glove
>fuck logic

both parents white
>kid is black

what the cuk

>mind numbing dialogue ensues, linear gameplay for the first half hour

nukes happen as they go down a lift
>not sucked up by the blast

>wake up casually from CRYOSTASIS just to see ur wife getting shot, then fall asleep again

>wake up years later
all other chambers locked, can't open, can't interact

walk up to near PC, bunch of options to see what caused death of others in cryo
>all options the same

walk out of vault
>skeletons casually laying down everywhere, even tho 200years passed

fight claw
>claw can't enter a building, cheese the fuck out of it by shooting through windows to it standing there

walk further, find gas station/restaurant or w/e, bandits talking to the owner about debt
>casually walk up to owner and discuss killing them for caps as they stand 4meters away

look at the functioning restaurant inside
>rotting skeleton right at the table

>fuck it, I quit this shit game

>Anyone who loved NV will hate FO4

Actually anyone who wants to play a RPG will hate FO4.
Anyone with a lick of sense will hate FO4.