ITT: Guess the setting for TES VI

ITT: Guess the setting for TES VI

>Hammerfell
>set just a few years after the events of skyrim
>the empire barely defeated the stormcloaks, paid a heavy military price
>Hammerfell is still independent but politically divided, the empire is close to collapsing
>Seeing the weakness, the dominion is launching a full scale invasion to crush the world of men
>shout system will be carried into the next game via Redguard sword abilities

The Empire have been hinted to fall for so long. Just let it die already.

>Valenwood and Elsweyr
>Thalamor lost Skyrim with help of Orcs and Redguards
>Thalamor still working with Khajiits and using Khajiits to enslave Bosmer in Valenwood
>Empire trying to fight back by invading from the North
>Civil war storyline but by helping either free Bosmer or keep Khajiit in power
>DLC Summerset Isle

Empire is just a transient political entity. Current empire is literally a number 3.
It "falls" all the time, government gets replaced and a brand new empire arises.

Just ask yourself if you even care for a new TES game. Haven't you learned anything from previous Bethesda releases?

some of us still have hope user

as long as it stays fully moddable like morrowind/oblivion/skyrim, It'll be worth it even if the vanilla experience is kept console friendly

my guesses:

>Valenwood
Lots you can do there with their lore and fans do like Bosmer more than any other race.

>Pyandonea
Summerset Isles would be ok only it's so bland and not that interesting. Pyandonea on the other hand would be great for a pirate-themed ES like how they did Skyrim with the viking theme. At the very least it would be great for DLC as well.

>It's set in the 1st or 2nd Era
I don't care where it would be set but it would be a nice change of pace if Bethesda pulled a fast one and took us back in time to experience the lore we hear so much about.

>Akavir
Very possible

>fans do like Bosmer more than any other race.
b8

>implying they're not the best race in the series

>Thalmor use airships and magic to burn the entire continent of Skyrim so it won't matter who won

Summerset Isle since I suspect that the Thalmer will still play a big part in the story

I'm also a high elf main, deal with it you filthy sub races

it'll be set before or at the same time as skyrim to avoid showing an outcome for the civil war

Is it just me or does Morrowind+Black Marsh look like a woman exposing her titties?

ok i'll bite, point this out to me please

I feel like it's going to be Elsweyr, considering each game is a dumbed down version of the last. It's really not hard to convert the desolate tundra resources of Skyrim into desolate desert resources. Slap on a generic "oppressed beast people fighting for their independence" story line, replace Dragonborn with Skooma Cat and you have 40% of the game done outright.

time to go fap user

are you fucking high or something

Fuck off Cuckbride, the Empire IS Elder Scrolls.

I'M URGIN FOR A PURGIN

They won't release a mainline TES while ESO still exists and is pumping out content.
Not being a direct competitor of yourself is one of the basics of marketing. Now the main TES title is ESO, and as long as it's alive we won't see TES6

Everything about this is correct, except you actually believe Bethesda will choose a canon victor in the civil war.
Who won will be made irrelevant because the empire will collapse, the thalmor will invade and legion remnants and stormcloaks will band together to form a new kingdom of man based in Skyrim and encompassing high Rock and northern cyrodill

oh shit i see where you're coming from, fucking saved

>settlements the same size as skyrims despite better tech
>fallout 4s settlement builder with generic NPCs implemented to "make up for it"

Didn't some book in Skyrim say that shit's brewing in Elsweyr? Then again they also said shit's brewing in Hammerfell.

I'm looking forward to it, but TES VI isn't going to be released for another 6+ years. I'm more looking forward to Skyblivion+Skywind+Skyrim SE. It'll be really nice to be able to casually move between the land masses using roads/ carriages/ ships, and hopefully the events in the games will interact with the other areas (like Oblivion gates and daedra popping up around Skyrim after activating the crisis in Skyblivion)
More importantly, I've just got to get my tax return back soon so I can save up for a much better graphics card so I can run everything extremely well and mod the shit out of it all.

Shit's brewing as in what? Didn't the khajiit cucks bowed down to the thalmor already?

It's probably just mating season so all the femcats are going crazy

Doesn't matter in what province it will be set in,bethesda will just retcon it into generic fantasy europe to not scare normies.

>generic fantasy europe

Sounds like High Rock then

Hasn't it practically fell already?
>Summerset, Valenwood and Elsweyr are all Dominion territories
>Hammerfell is independent
>Black Marsh is independent and REEEEEE'd all non-Argonians and foreign-influenced Argonians out of the country
>Morrowind got JUST'd hard and seceded as well
>Skyrim is fighting for independence and can attain it in TESV

So the "Empire" now consists of Cyrodiil, High Rock, and maybe Skyrim.

Elsweyr or Argonia.

>wake up prisoner, we've reached Valenwood

I hope they do Hammerfell, I'm not ready to see them butched Valenwood yet.

Morrowind is still part of the empire, though it's a shell of its former self and pretty much runs its own affairs

The only way that the Empire wouldn't fall would be for the Dragonborn to claim the Imperial Throne (which is his/ her right) and knowing how the Nords are, they would most likely follow them in allegiance. With the Nords under the new rule, and Imperials following the new Emperor, they could easily make Tamriel great again and push back the forces of Mer

>TES VI: Black Marsh
>Skyrim is under disarray
>Thalmor armies plan on marching towards Skyrim through Black Marsh
>You get to skullfuck all and every elf that steps on Black Marsh
A man can dream...

>He knew

you can tell how hard they tried in the DB story because of how much everybody loved it in Oblivion. It was definitely better than anything else in the game but still pretty average

>Bethesda doing anything remotely creative with the setting

Not going to happen. Even if they do chances are high that they just retcon it somehow

It's sad really. The characters were awful though. I only liked Nazir and the argonian.

>Morrowind is still part of the empire
FAKE NEWS

I don't know why this meme gets parroted around. Hlaalu isn't around anymore, dunmer hate the Empire and self govern completely.

I'm just going to paste this here since I don't think I will get a response in /tesg/.

Which provinces still belong to the empire? I know Valenwood and Elsweyr are under Thalmor control now but what about the others? Is Hammerfell basically on its own now? And what about the Argonians and the Morrowind? I read that they control some parts of the Morrowind but how and why did that happen?

Also is Valenwood taken under the control of the Thalmor forcibly? They seem to have taken Elsweyr without using force but are there any indications the Khajiits as a race are willing to show some kind of response to the thalmor? What about the other races?

I've only recently started reading about the lore. Does the Morrowind game shed any lights to the current events or is too seperated now?

>Is Hammerfell basically on its own now
Not basically. They're completely independent since kicking the thalmor out. No ties to the empire.

>Argonians
Seceeded and Empire didn't care enough to do anything.

>Morrowind
Not clear when they seceeded. But after Oblivion crisis they got really mad at the empire. Redoran took over, Hlaalu got kicked from the great house council. They self govern completely by the time of Skyrim.

>Argonians and the Morrowind
They took all Dres lands (Dres still exists as a great house somehow, probably migrated north) and almost all mainland Hlaalu land, the rest anexed by Redoran.

>Valenwood taken under the control of the Thalmor forcibly
Bosmer are incompetent. They've been ruled over by altmer multiple times before. Happened again.

>Elsweyr without using force
If by "without using force" you mean assassinated Mane and demolished the Tower, then did a coup, yes.

>Khajiits as a race are willing to show some kind of response to the thalmor
They have no leaders and are ruled by Thalmor puppets. Can't self organize for shit.
No, they don't like Thalmor.

>other races
Nords want independence.
Cyrodiil and High Rock don't know what to do.

Ok

Empire is
>Cyrodiil
>High Rock
>Morrowind
>Half of Skyrim

At the end of the Great War one of the terms of the White Gold Concordant was that the Empire had to refuse aid to Hammerfell and their fight against the Thalmor. This meant Hammerfell were out of the Empire but despite this they managed to push the Thalmor out because they weren't used to fighting in the desert.

Morrowind is in a state of disarray right now.They didn't do so well in the Oblivion Crisis due to the Empire refusing aid. A meteor and subsequent volcanic eruption destroyed Vvardenfell, an island off the coast of Morrowind and home to their holiest city. Following that the Argonians left the Empire and attacked Morrowind in recompense for the years of slavery. From what I know they're still technically in the Empire but there isn't much love for the Imperials since Hlaalu (an Imperial backed organisation so to speak) lost its rank as a Great House.

Valenwood was forcibly taken by the Thalmor and its mentioned the Empire are funding rebellion efforts from the Bosmer.

Elsweyr is a weird one. To cut it short Khajiit rely on the moons for their breeding and for a few years the moons vanished leading to deformities, etc. When the moons came back the Thalmor claimed responsibility so the Khajiit joined up for saving their entire race.

Morrowind doesn't really shed light on much except for how Dunmeri culture reacts to the Empire and for the fact that Talos appears in it and tells you the Empire probably doesn't have long left.

Morrowind self governs and imperial presence is non-existent, but it never officially "left". It's still technically part of the empire (or is claimed so by the empire), even if it has no ruling influence there.

>still technically part of the empire
Please give me a citation because I can't find it on my own.

>Empire doesn't govern in Morrowind, nor has any presence or demands
>Morrowind is part of empire
Pick one.

Why doesn't the Dunmer join up with the Thalmor? They are also arrogant elven supremacists. They despise Lorkhan too, right?

>Thalmor claimed responsibility so the Khajiit joined up
You forgot a Thalmor coup and assassination of Mane. What you wrote is basically propaganda for common folk, not how politicians turned to Aldmeri Dominion.

>an island off the coast of Morrowind and home to their holiest city
No, just a big and important city. Holiest city is Necrom and it wasn't destroyed nor anywhere near devastation.

>Hammerfell were out of the Empire but despite this they managed to push the Thalmor out because
You forgot that when Hammerfell went rogue and Thalmor attacked a whole legion of the Empire was left and they had no choice but to back up Hammerfell. Without it the initial win would be questionable at best. Still, Thalmor suffered so many losses here they never recovered and Hammerfell is safe.

Skyrim 2 is gonna take place on an a as of yet undiscovered island off the coast of skyrim. This allows them to make up any old bullshit for the setting and plot so turbonormies like chad and brandon can go on a genocidal rampage once again and not care about shit like story or lore.
The protagonist will be a laser-nord equipped with the power of the vo'ice, a more easy to grasp version of the thu'um. You start at level 100 because you are the literal offspring of a daedric prince and have godly abilities and every hit you land levels you up, up to a level cap of 10'000.
Every quest is completed by eliminating a certain target. To make following the plot easier, you can now just activate the special LASER SENSE by holding down a button. This will walk you to your objective, so you can chill out a bit and have a look at instagram or facebook.
You also have the option of persuading any questgiver, thus completing the quest immediately since not everyone has the patience to sit through boring dialogue and explanations by npcs.
its gonna be shit

mods will fix it though!

Thanks a bunch. So, will they continue with the Thalmor vs Empire storyline in the sixth game or will there be other major events?

It is certainly interesting but since I have only played Oblivion before Skyrim it felt as if the whole war was kind of out of blue. However, considering what people are saying about the Thalmor's endgame, it has got to be integral to the whole storyline, right?

Also, is there any good place to read up on the lore?

My guess

High Rock
Years and years after Skyrim
Dragonborn sides with Imperials, becomes a new Dragon priest, lets the dragons go, uses them to reunite the empire, starting a new era.
Set in high rock, the game's main story focuses on the influence and plots of Daederic Prince's as they influence the Orcs, Redguard, and other races against each other.

>will they continue with the Thalmor vs Empire
All depends on Todd and Zenimax. The possibility they do a direct Thalmor sequel is none. Possibility of it having Thalmor in the background or feature them in a secondary story is 50%. The other fifty is that they're not a thing anymore or just a barely mentioned other empire.

>integral to the whole storyline, right
No, there's no Thalmor storyline. Before Skyrim Thalmor weren't a thing in any game, just obscure lore from 3k years ago.
In Skyrim Thalmor are an integral part of the setting, not the plot. You're thinking of it the wrong way.

>any good place to read up on the lore?
UESP wiki and Imperial Library. If you have to go on youtube, no shitty "lore podcasts" made for Skyrim redditors. Zhakaron in the only channel tolerated by Sup Forums, his lore videos are good.

>No, there's no Thalmor storyline. Before Skyrim Thalmor weren't a thing in any game, just obscure lore from 3k years ago.

They were referenced in Oblivion, NPCs would talk about how
>"They say syndicates of wizards have led a boycott of Imperial goods, in the land of the Altmer"
They'd respond with how it could to a dangerous situation or something like that.

That syndicate grew into the Thalmor, foreshadowing the events of skyrim and the great war before it. Kinda cool I thought.

White-Gold Republic pls.

>They were referenced in Oblivion
It wasn't exactly a Thalmor reference. Or, at the very least, I don't believe Bethesda knew it'd be Thalmor back in the day. I'm completely aware they lay out future storylines in advance sometimes, but as a long time fan, I don't think it was clear this time.
Oblivion had a ton of rumors and the Sumerset rumor was only one of them. Other ones ended being nothing.
Most importantly, reading the Pocket guide v3 that shipped with Oblivion, they were talking about liberal revolutions on Alinor, not a reactionary coup. I'm under the impression they wanted to something with Sumerset Isles and it was Kirkbride who later wrote the Thalmor thing with Kuhlmann.

Of course, I can't prove any of it, but it's my genuine opinion.

>syndicate grew into the Thalmor
Speculation on your part, which is fine. But I don't buy it.
In hindsight, now after Skyrim is out, Thalmor never disapeared. They just operated as a cult for a long time until they were able to take over after Oblivion crisis. I don't think it has anything to do with any syndicate. Syndicate seems line a vanilla threat nobles do to counter signal.