Open beta tomorrow

so why is no one talking about it? download links below

store.steampowered.com/app/584210/

store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/tom-clancy's-ghost-recon-wildlands-open-beta/cid=UP0001-CUSA06119_00-GRWILDBETASCEA00

microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/tom-clancys-ghost-recon-wildlands-open-beta/bxmrp4cm9l58

I was in the closed beta

The game is complete garbage, same ubishit rehash formula with a different (sometimes admittedly very graphically impressive) coat of point

The cover system is awkward as absolute fuck and the control latency is really janky (using xbone controller on PC here)

The story is fucking stupid and I don't care about any of the characters, it's completely throwaway. I hope they didn't spend too much time or money on that.

>caring about story in any game

Every game that I ignored the story in got 10x times.

i'll be playing Deus Ex DLC tomorrow

does this play better than the division? hated that game

>got 10x times.
Yeah, 10x times worse.

I was excited about the concept and potential until I saw that the studio making it has only given us Just Dance for a decade... and a gem of a game called Watch Dogs.

After playing the closed beta i feel like the game is possibly the most bare bones third person shooter to ever come out of AAA.

It feels like it's just a set of systems slapped together as a framework to then build and vary upon but it's so incredibly basic there's nothing to keep you playing.

It looks ok, but runs worse than it should and the writing / story are so forgettable it's really quite impressive.

30 gigs for a beta. Fuck that.

An open world action game made by ubisoft with lite RPG elements and focus on multiplayer connectivity

what an original concept OP please tell us more about this strange new genre

then they shouldn't even waste time on trying to add it

I skipped through all the cutscenes in R6:Siege and still enjoyed the shit out of that game. They should have just scrapped all story in that game completely and focused on the rest of the game.

Either make the story good or don't even try IMO. The cringy af opening cutscene set the shitty tone for the rest of the experience.

>but runs worse than it should
I chalked that up to it being beta code but you're right, my 1060 being fully pegged @ 1080p/medium is pretty unacceptable IMO - I don't care what is going on in the game that's just retarded (I have a 6700 for CPU btw so it's not my PC)

Its bad.

I didn't enjoy the beta. For a game that encourages co-op to assist each other, it didn't have much difficulty, and the AI is dumb as rocks. Any mission or base can be completed by going in and shooting everyone in sight.

call back when they decide to do the original gameplay with new graphics

>releases in 24 hours
>you can download the open beta right now
is this right

No friends to play with. The game's focused heavily on coop.

>Wanting to play Ubi game 3,654,974

Your stupid uplay keeps asking for a key and I've better things to do than spend my Wednesday running around trying to fix it.

It's a boring open world game. Unlike Horizon, it's not an exclusive so shitposting potential is low

Isn't it open world/MMO style?

If they made another Ghost Recom Future Solider I'd be all over it.

FS was pretty trash desu
Especially the stealth suit shit

Gun customization was an idea that should be lauded though. Not enough games that do that.

Watched some footage of the closed beta and it's not convincing me that its worth trying out.

Gun Customization is almost always a wide-but-shallow feature. You can have as many individual swappable parts as you wish, but everyone will quickly see what is statistically best and 99% of the parts will go unused. The customization in the several GR games falls into that same unimaginative pit. Instead of selecting between a variety of utilities and functions, the parts are just statistical increases.

never underestimate the power of ubishills

I''m interested in buying either this or sniper elite 4, which one should I get?

Pirate the overpriced Hitler's ball sniping simulator and ignore wildlands.