Hey Switch buyers, what are buying at launch?

Hey Switch buyers, what are buying at launch?
Post your list, here is mine:

>Switch (grey)
>Pro Controller
>Zelda limited edition
>still debating what SD card to get as I don't know if the Switch would even benefit from more than 80mb/s read speed

No screen protector, it's the same glass I have on my smartphone, not some plastic like on the 3DS so I won't scratch it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmoHaOYB9jE
youtube.com/watch?v=tirsoK5Jwj4
youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_E17DWJgM
youtu.be/-J9HTzEEePE?t=28m34s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Literally the same.
I've a 64 GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC lying around, this is going to be enough for the beginning.

Yeah I plan on going physical whenever I can, so digital should be mostly for smaller indie stuff on the eshop or things like that. I bet 64GB would last ages too.

Daily reminder to not buy the sword.

youtube.com/watch?v=YmoHaOYB9jE

Same thing but without the amiibos unless they drastically change the gameplay in some way.

I also have the season pass ordered.

Got the grey joy con switch and botw standard edition. Really just bought it because i was hyped for smt and had money to blow. Will any micro sd card work or are they gonna have to be licensed by nintendo or something

The sword actually looks really good.

youtube.com/watch?v=tirsoK5Jwj4

And look how fucking HUGE that box is, damn.

Not buying amiibos either, although I might pick up a Zelda one sometime in the future when they are not perpetually sold out here. I don't feel like making it any easier on myself by getting a headstart on anything so it's no big loss.

I'll grab a season pass when the first pack is out in summer. Once again, at launch you only get some bonuses and a dumb Switch t-shirt, no need for those.

You can buy any SD card. Your best bet is probably any cheap 64 or 128gb 80mb/s microSDXC 80mb/s. You're not recording 4k videos on a camera so you don't need more.

128gb card
pro controller
Zelda
Not sure if I need anything else

Snipperclips and a cute gf to play it with

youtube.com/watch?v=Hf_E17DWJgM

the switch?

Goes without saying

Just the Switch and the Zelda. Maybe a new SD card this week.

>Switch (Grey)
>Zelda BotW
>Pro Controller
>all 5 BotW amiibo

I just need to pick out a case and I'm set

Anyone else going to have their Switch in the dock like 99% of the time?

>Switch (grey)
>Breath of the wild

Who /minimalist/ here

This thread is very weird.

I will most likely buy the switch but holy shit reggie makes me not want to buy it so fucking much... He is so full of shit all the time spewing his bullshit wherever he can

Grey Switch
Standard edition Zelda
Pro Controller because I caved when they started selling out
Screen protector
Hori tough case

And that is the stuff I'll be buying until Splatoon's launch. Already have an extra 64GB micro SD or two lying around for my camera, and a 25 foot HDMI cable that should work nicely for setting the Switch's dock up on my bedside table for maximum comfy even when switching between docked and portable mode.

Honestly, so many people that got to have a hands-on experience with the Switch at some preview event said the joy-con grip is completely fine and much better than they thought it would be. So much that a pro controller might not even be required.

I'm still getting one because the WiiU one was so great, but still. It's probably not as much of a must.

Why?

>Didn't preorder.

I'm probably fucked but I'll check some stores anyway. The only system I absolutely could not find day one is the Wii.

So Switch + Zelda for the first week or two, maybe $40 on whatever's in the eshop. I don't think I'll need a pro controller unless the joycons are just total hell.

Grey Switch edition
1/2 Switch
Zelda: Breath of the Fire
Bomberman R
All 5 Zelda amiibo
Hori case & screen protectoresolution

In a few weeks I'll be getting Binding of Isaac.

Out of curiosity, why the screen protector? Do you plan on playing it out in public or in the wild all the time or do you drop things a lot?

I'm mostly getting the Pro Controller for the d-pad to play 2D platformers (especially Shovel Knight and VC games)

Ah yes, good point.

>Neon Switch
>Zelda
>Puyo Tetris cause Im a sucker for tetris
>SD card
Debating if I want to go physical or digital for tetris.
I love having physical but tetris is one of those games I feel digital would be better .

puyo is a launch title now?

This is the most up to date chart I have though it seems to be missing project octpath

Even though this will (probably) not be an issue with the Switch:

My original 3DS had that manufacturing error that made the plastic on the bottom screen literally gouge into the top screen over time, leaving huge deep vertical scratches on the display no matter how careful you were with it. It has made me ultra paranoid of screen scratching since, and every Nintendo handheld I've had since has been given both a screen protector and microfiber cloth placed between the screens when closed for maximum protection.

It's habit at this point, better safe than sorry.

Grey switch, zelda, bomberman, 1 2 switch and a case

>Neon Switch
>Zelda
>Pro controller

I will probably buy bomberman r and a physical binding of isaac but I don't want to shell out full price for bomberman and I don't think isaac is at launch

Snap, It isn't
Fug.
Guess it's just zelda for me.
I like bomberman, but I don't think 60 dollars worth.

Was that a fault with the OG 3ds? I remember later revisions having little "nubs" that would make sure the screen never touches another part directly.

But yeah 3ds screens were plastic, so they would easily get damaged. The Switch one is glass since it's a capacitive touchscreen. And considering gorilla glass is a few bucks at most now I'm willing to say 99.99% chance it is gorilla glass too.

So really, same as modern phones. And those I find impossible to scratch unless I go out of my way by dragging a key across them or some shit.

Zelda
Pro controller
All zelda amiibo
And 200gb sandisk sd card
I'm buying digital.

Is I am Setsuna any good? What other RPG is it like for comparison? I only really need Zelda and maybe one other game to hold me over until Persona 5.

Bomberman is 50 dollars I think. At least here in Germany it's not full price.
Not sure about it either, though. It seems fun but I don't know for how long. If I only play it for one weekend and then drop it cause it's too samey then it might not be worth the 50€ at all.

Hyped as fuck for ARMS though. And then Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Didn't buy all the DLC on the WiiU so it'll be even fresher for me. Plus you get to hold two items at once now and it has a proper battle arena mode and all. I foresee fun Sup Forums mario kart weekends rising again.

I wanna grab Bomberman to play with Sup Forums, feel like that would justify it but I'm scared it won't happen.

not trying to be a dick, but what is the appeal of buying something at launch? does it tickle your balls that much to have something before the next guy does?

Why not wait a year or at least 6 months until:

> bugs get worked out
> prices drop
> more games are available
> used accessories/games hit the market
> reviews come out

Not bashing you OP, I just don't get the point. Haven't we learned our lesson with shit like the Wii U?

just bomberman and zelda

Who here /squat/? I've never been able to comfortably squat while playing vidya because normal controllers force you to turn your hands up whereas a resting squat leaves your hands turned down. But with the joycons my hands can be doing anything independent of eachother. So now I can play Zelda while squatting, keep those heels down comrades

It's just an average jrpg nothing amazing but it isn't terrible either, it's worth it if you haven't played it on pc yet and the soundtrack is fucking killer.

>Was that a fault with the OG 3ds?

Yes, 100%. Nintendo acknowledged this iirc, but if you were an early adopter and you didn't know to put a screen protector on it then you were pretty much fucked.

Mine was worse than pic related by the time I actually ended up upgrading to the XL.

For the Switch though, as I said better safe than sorry. I know the special hell of having to play all my games on a fucked display, and even if it's harder to do I'll still take a few extra precautions in case of an accident if it means avoiding such a fate again in the future.

Just in case.

>Breath of the Wild for Wii U

And then I'm going to wait a year or two like I did for the Wii U so that it can actually get some games.

Because how will you play the new games when you don't have the system? Generally I agree that buying launch consoles is a dumb thing to do and in this case it probably still will be (hoping for a good eshop launch) but I want to play the new Zelda and Bomberman and I lack a Wii U.

never had a problem with buyinh at launch, even wii u. you still have to wait for the games to come out anyway

Def getting MK8.
ARMS I want just because of how silly it looks.
and yeah, if Sup Forums played it it would be fun , but if not, I might as well of just put the money towards the pro controller or something

I didn't regret buying a WiiU early on because it had MH3U. That alone gave me over 1k hours and I knew more good games would be on the horizon - and so it was.

With the Switch I want to play the definitive version of BotW. I love Zelda games and if I'm going to play the game, I might as well play the best version I can. It has better draw distance, resolution, load times, environmental textures and audio.

But you are right. If the Switch only had Zelda then I wouldn't do this.
However I already know I want to play ARMS and MK8D which release not long after.

Then there is Spla2n, Project Octopath, SMT V, possibly Fast RMX, Puyo Puyo Tetris, then later on Xenoblade 2, SM Odyssey. And I might even pick up some multiplats like Rime or that Snake Pass.

All of this is within 2017.

The reason I like buying consoles at launch is because the lack of takes believe it or not, it's easier for me to finish a game if I don't have anything else to play on the console, by the time I finish zelda and setsuna I'll have a few more games to play.

*lack of games
>pic not related

>chicken hat
>not a cute flat loli
delete yourself

Switch (gray)
Pro controller
Bomberman
Zelda
Dragon quest heroes 1 & 2

Zelda
Pro Controller
Switch
Bomberman if the Reviews are good and it runs at 60fps locked

Christ this is the most civil switch thread I've seen so far, am I still on Sup Forums?

shhh, it must've fallen under the radar.

Grey switch and Zelda.

I originally thought Disgaea 5 was a launch title but found out it wasn't, so for now that's it until ARMS or a 3rd party release between.

i think it is 60fps youtu.be/-J9HTzEEePE?t=28m34s

it's always nice on Sup Forums around this time and at night time

Wait it isn't? Do you know when it is being released? I want to replay it plip.

You're right, i'll alert IRC and we can go back to normal

it's at launch in japan but 23rd may for north america and 26th my for europe

Redpill me on Disgaea.

Never played any but was told they are grindy beyond belief.
Are they fun? What games can you compare them to? Can you play V without playing I to IV?

>Switch (neon)
>Zelda
>Bomberman
>Carry case w/ screen protector

Have a 128GB microSDXC that I bought for something I never used it for, so I'm set

They're only grindy if you want to do postgame stuff

What does Bomberman online play look like?
Like 10 different square maps with a few varying powerups and that's it?

It's weebshit. Complete, unashamed weebshit.

If you're into that kind of thing, you'll probably enjoy it.

Not him but I enjoy the series. It's your basic tile based tactical rpg so think FFT or Tactics Ogre. The game is grindy for the endgame, I beat 5 without grinding too much and there are options that help offset the grinding like the cheat shop. Knowledge of the previous games is not necessary but a few calbacks or jokes might be lost on you a bit. Overall super enjoyable.

>neon Switch
>zelda special edition

All other things i will buy over time, certainly the Pro controller.

Puyo comes out April

Why didnt you get zelda se? It has a case in it, thats the main reason i got mine.

Gray Switch and Special Edition Zelda preordered. Probably get a Pro controller when I go pick them up. Not a hundred percent sure if I need a SD card yet since I don't plan on getting anything digital yet. Not even sure what size I should get.

friend literally gave me D2 when we were younger.
I enjoyed it, but not a game I love.
Although that Prinny game on psp was fun as fuck.
Bring THAT to the switch

Switch, Bomberman and Zelda. Not really feeling spending that much on a damn controller.

Sold out before I could get one

>Although that Prinny game on psp was fun as fuck.
Patrician taste

Only the American one

I fucking hate NoE for doing this
I want the map and case instead of the sword, even though the sword looks kind of cool

Zelda is for fags

Starting with the bare minimum.
>Grey
>Zelda
Everything else is just a maybe.

That's what I got too. Thinking about a pro controller, but it might be too late.

Already have a Wii U so I only got it for the slight performance enhancement.

just import the american one

I'm not going to pay like fucking 40 bucks for shipping and another batch of money at the customs office for that

Same + the charging grip

I don't want to wait for the controllers to charge before I play. The first time I boot the system may be the only time I ever use it though.

why not

>Grey Switch
>BotW
>Bomberman

Gotta love Reggie. :)

I had it preordered the SE but canceled it so I could have money for other shit.

Exactly the same.

Neon Switch
Carrying Case
Zelda
128GB MicroSD

I want Bomberman too, but I think I might wait and check reviews on it first. It's hard to trust anything with the Konami logo on it nowadays.

Is there any hope to get a pro controller without a preorder?

Thought I would go without it but now I want it.

Holy FUCK I'm so glad I got the master edition, the case is fucking DOPE

i don't think they'll be sold out

Gray Switch and Zelda.

I'll get a Pro Controller eventually.

>switch on launch without a pre-order
If only

If you go there early right away I'm almost certain you can find one

But user you still might get water damage on it if you spill water. I keep having that problem with the iphone

Switch
Zelda physical
Afterbirth+ digital (not sure if launch title though, I think it got delayed)

Not with the iPhone 7

>literally washed my iphone under the sink a few moments ago

bet you didn't even use soap

Why do you spill water on it all the time?

Keep taking it into the bathroom when I shower like an idiot

>100 posts of zero shitposting and slinging shit around

looking forward to playing with you guys