Looking back did you only think things would get THIS bad?

Looking back did you only think things would get THIS bad?

No, it was always a slippery slope and it's why everyone was worried to begin with.

They were quite ahead of the curve, weren't they? This kind of thing is normal today.

Just purely for example here, look at Overwatch. They can charge $20 more for a version that just has some character skins and people lap it up.

delete this!

>Make the most egregious form of cash grabbing garbage DLC possible
>also create the best DLC known to mankind for the same game
What did Bethesda mean by this?

Is there any other examples of this happening with a large/popular game? Micro DLC for way more money than its worth?

Is Todd Howard and Pete Hines the fathers of modern DLC and the eventual rise of microtransactions?

>You'll never get another expansion to a game with the quality of the shivering isles
Fuck...

Witcher 3's expansions were as good as Shivering Isles. Even if you don't like the gameplay W3 offers, the expansions were very well made and packed with worthwhile content.

We'll probably never get another Bethesda game with an expansion of that quality however.

>Just got PS4 and BF1 the other day
>Browsing through dlcs and battlepacks and stuff
>One of them is literally a new skin for your horse
>Mfw horse armor is still alive and well

Horse armor has always been alive, just in different forms

Gal*Gun: Double Peace features a see-through clothing DLC (which can also be found in-game) for $89.99. It's a "joke". A joke that won't be refunded and will be charged to your credit card.

I'll admit one thing about Xbox One. They refuse to let customers be ripped off...by other companies.

The second they introduced DLC years ago, I knew the industry was dead. It would only be a matter of time until the kikery reached unsustainable levels.

Version 0.1 looks more realistic because of the vagina.

>the slippery slope is a fallacy they said
>it doesn't exist or prove anything they said
We didn't listen.

League of Legends has had numerous 50 dollar skins, IIRC. The obvious WoW pony as well.

I thought this was a little slip-up.
I had no idea it was only the harbinger of worse things to come.

But Anonymous, Slippery Slope is a logical fallacy! Surely nothing bad will come of horse armor

Every industry starts off more spartan. Developers don't fuck over customers because they literally can't afford to until the genre is cemented.

Nowadays video games are ultra-mainstream and the corporatization is well underway.

2007 to 2014 will be remembered as the worse years in video game history. Just from the high amount of Jews in the industry.

>On Disk DLC
>Cookie Cutter Games
>Empty Promises
>Xbox one fiasco

I naively thought dlc was going to be a good thing
>if I like the game I can spend a little extra and get a little more game
Though it should have been obvious it meant content ripped from games and all but the death of expansion packs

>Bethesda created the modern DLC infested game
>They were also behind the first attempt to make mods paid
>They are owned by a private company that doesn't release any information of its structure or finances

Zenimax is a faction of the Illuminati aren't they?

what fiasco?

Yes, I realized just because you're right doesnt mean its a good thing. I fucking hate video games now.

Given that Bethesda is the harbinger of cosmetic DLC and quest markers, how likely is it that they will single-handedly be the death of your favorite video game franchise?

Yes, It was me, Chase.

>Given that Bethesda is the harbinger of cosmetic DLC and quest markers
every non tes open wold rpg ever had markers before oblivion came along

Were you asleep for the xboners first reveal?

Having a constant internet connection, never able to use used games. Plus people literally defending this shit. Everything tied to the shitbox. Also forced to use kinect and the reason why it cost so much at launch

Nobody ever fucking listens so this isn't new.

i didnt bother following this shit
thanks
that was a dastardly thing to do

>used games
OH NO I CAN'T CONTINUE KILLING THE VIDYA INDUSTRY

"Oh no! if I lose my XBL account I lose all my games. I better go buy them all again and support those poor video game publisher :("

Consider suicide Microsoft

>It now costs $5 to get a single new Civ for Civ 6.

Does selling a used wardrobe kills wardrobe industry? Should consumer care about Ikea feelings?

The whole presentation can be summed up by this pic.

>Does selling a used wardrobe kills wardrobe industry?
Yes.
>Should consumer care about Ikea feelings?
If they want to see it grow strong and healthy, yes.

hello mr. Hryb

>its ok when zelda does it

>He doesn't want to kill the gaming industry

Creating a wardrobe design costs next to nothing, and Ikea can decide how many they produce based on demand
Making vidya costs hudnreds of millions and devs need every sale to recoup that

Meh, it's cheaper and more accurate than model trains. Probably doing those autists a favour.

so it was funded by an idiot and was designed by an imbecile?

Like five of those items are tied to Amiibos and they're practically cosmetic and don't offer any tangible benefit over the other weapons available in the game.

Company of Heroes 2

>If they want to see it grow strong and healthy
>biggest fucking industry in the world
>long has surpassed holywood
>NEEDS MO MONEY FOR DEM PROGRAMS

Train Simulator and Idolmaster are notorious for having thousands of dollars of DLC in each of their games

>>biggest fucking industry in the world
*entertainment industry

>Literally nobody on the planet gives a fuck about pirating television and film on a daily basis
>Governments don't even pretend to put people in jail for doing it anymore

>Somebody pirates a triple A game
>YOU HAVE LITERALLY KILLED THE INDUSTRY
>I AM SO GLAD I PLAY ON CONSOLES

>german
Everytime

Wait, does this mod include fug?

>every non tes open wold rpg ever had markers before oblivion came along

heard you wuz talkin shit

>It's LITERALLY ok when ect ect

That said I'm ok-ish with amiibo bullshit because at least that lets you physically keep, and even potentially resell, your dlc. There's much more value to the purchase than a key to unlock on-disk skins or whatever.

>tfw there will never be dlc as good as the shivering isles

its only bigger if you only count movies. if you factor tv shows, dvd/blueray sales, netflix, hulu etc. then the tv/moviemaking business is bigger.

How about making a product people won't want to get rid of in the first place?

Mario Kart 8 comes to mind

It's pretty much an expansion pack though. And we had some really fucking awesome ones over the years.

name five

The idea of the expansion pack is kind of gone too. I had hope for fo4 far harbor. Now I have no hope.
I'm still salty about no new f-zero zero games so fuck Mario kart. They had the balls to put mute city in there didn't they?

This better be bait.

Slippery Slope isn't a fallacy in systems where precedent matters.
You know, like the real world.

It is, but I'm also curious. MMOs don't count.

Yep even has Eccitebikes track as well

That makes me angry.

GTA IV: Episodes from Liberty City
Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
Age of Empires II
Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles

Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction
Warcraft 3: The Frozen Throne
Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal
Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

I love Shivering Isles, so it's really hard to come up with better ones. These are the absolute best I can think of right now.

Too many, although your enjoyment of them will depend on your enjoyment of the game they're for.

Some of my favourites:
Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne
Half Life: Opposing Force
Morrowind: Bloodmoon
Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentide
Warhammer 40k, Dawn of War: Soulstorm

You should both kill yourselves.

I bought this HAHAAHAHAH

Why would anyone ever want a steam controller when KB+M exists

>Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare
This was top tier. I think Rockstar said they wont do DLC as big as this anymore just because it's too much effort

I remember it being mocked when it was released