How do you feel about Donkey Kong?

How do you feel about Donkey Kong?

great series, loved tropical freeze but the last boss was fucked

I still play Tropical Freeze time trials every now and again and I like the direction the series took with Returns. I think Retro could actually make something better than DKC2 on the Switch if they continued like this.

>I think Retro could actually make something better than DKC2 on the Switch if they continued like this.
Whoa now.

The Returns series is great, but...DKC2 is the pinnacle.

bump

Nostalgia.

Retro DK games need more substance to them, particularly end game/secret substance. The fucking mirror mode is boring as hell. Bring back shit like Lost World in DKC2.

Possibly.

But I honestly do think DKC2 handles its secrets and bonuses much better. Returns and Tropical Freeze are amazing, but that's their main weakness compared to the old games.

Yeah, what he said.

Tropical Freeze is still one of the stand out platformers of the past decade though.

Hunting down secret DK coins would be nice compared to the goofy puzzle pieces. Less linear designed levels would be good too.

they are already better

>tfw wants them to make a new metroid game but also wants a third DKC.

third DKC or something new.

Metroid needs a great game badly, but I don't want Retro to do it. Not because I have anything against Prime, those are great games, but I don't want Retro to be the Metroid studio just because the series has hit a rough patch. At the very least I don't want another Prime, that series ended extremely well.

Shoulda been Metroid 0/10

variety is the spice of life.

The secret levels are practically that, they just don't happen to be in the same world hud.

Are these games supposed to be difficult or do I just suck at platformers? And screw rocket levels.

I want a proper DK64 sequel.
Why did Rare bite the dust? It should've been some other studio.
Fuck

People claim the DKC games are really hard.

I just think they're mildly challenging outside of the bonus stuff, so I don't think you suck, just keep pushing forward.

DK64 could've been great with an optional character select at any time and more restraint with the collectibles, but I wouldn't mind another go.

Rare fell apart kind of on its own sadly, though I do hope we see more Rare-like stuff in the future. Yooka Laylee might be good, though i'm wary with stuff i've seen on it. I'd also love a new Viva Pinata but I doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

TF is more challenging than your average Mario game.

Rocket levels are fun once I got used to them, but I could also do without them.
The minecart levels in this game are GOAT though.

bump

Needs more games. I don't want DK to fall through that dry spell it went through during the Gamecube era. Get Camelot to do that DK64 sequel, just keep the momentum going. Returns outselling Skyward Sword proves there's still a fanbase hungry for more DKC.

How'd Tropical Freeze do in the sales department?

i wish they'd ditch the casualness and cartoonish pixar feel they have going on. Old games were gritty, limit creepy and beautiful. I can't deny the return games are well made, but they don't appeal to me the same way the old DKs do.