Did I fuck up by pre-ordering this, Sup Forums?

did I fuck up by pre-ordering this, Sup Forums?

I havent been keeping up to date at all, but I pre-ordered a neon switch and zelda and I just got a confirmation e-mail that I will be getting it on launch.

should I keep it?

Jelly

Yeah it's a mistake. Give it to me instead, I'll enj- uh, suffer in your place.

are you poor, can't blow $400?

You're better off than I am.

I pre-ordered:

2 grips
2 pro controllers
1 joy-con
1 gray switch
botw

It's gonna cost me $950 canadian about after tax/shipping.

It's a decent handheld, if you don't mind waiting 8 months for any games apart from Zelda. which is also on Wii-U
also note I didn't say 'good' games

damn why 2 grips though? wouldn't it be better to wait a few weeks and get a grip that can charge the controllers instead?

pro-controller not available here where I live until late march...I hope the joycons are comfy.

Because I want the joycons to have the their own individual charging grips and something to hold them while playing (so I can get rid of the plastic shit).

I think that guy thought you were buying two of the non-charging grips
are those even possible to buy separately? I thought they were only bundled with the switch

>are those even possible to buy separately? I thought they were only bundled with the switch

LMAO
No, they're not bundled. It only comes with 1 plastic grip. This is why I'm forced to shell out either $45 for 1 grip, or as I am doing now, $90 for 2 grips. Nintendo is draining my wallet dry.

yeah I know that, but you do realise that the grip bundled with the console does not charge the joy-cons?
Only the grips bought separately have charging functionality.

Thanks nintendo!

Yeah I'm aware of that.

Both the joycon and console are only bundled with the charging grip.

It's fucking ridiculous.

I could easily cancel this whole pre-order but deep down I can't get uncucked by nintendo

What? HOW? I wasn't able to win one but the people who did don't want it now???

>Not waiting for a price drop with more colors.
You're being ripped off, OP.

what do you mean plastic shit?

the ones that follow the console are the same ones you buy separately. there are 2 different grips, the ones that follow the console/the ones you buy separately, and the charging one.

>pre-ordering
yes

The one with the console is not the same.

It is just a plastic variation. What I mean is, it is the same thing, but offers no charging functionality at all.

If you can prove this wrong , then I'd be glad to hear it. That'd save me $45.

are you retarded mate?

you're getting 2 extra grips, meaning you will have 3 basic grips - 1 that follows the console, 2 you buy. you have 2 complete joy-cons - 1 that follow the console, 1 you buy.

You're the fucking retard. I can barely understand what you just said.

fucking mongoloid

there are 2 different grips. you're buying 2 ADDITIONAL ones, meaning you will have THREE grips, but only TWO controllers.

What are you driving at? That's my point.

I'm trying to phase out the use for the "normal" grip.

I buy 2 charging grips, I then have 2 charging grips for both joycons. I can then just either throw out or store away the non charging grip.

jesus christ. the battery life is 20 HOURS, why would you need 2 charging grips when you have 2 pair of joy-cons? are you planning any gaming sessions lasting longer than 40 hours by any chance?

Being an early adopter is always a mistake you idiot. You could wait one year to see the offer if games but NOOOOOO you need to be a special snowflake.

joycons have like 30+ battery hours and they charge while connected with the gamepad, why would I buy a charging grip?

no idea. I think it's a complete waste of money. like you said the battery life is really good and they charge when connected to the switch itself, meaning in a worst case scenario where you're hooked up on amphetamines and you're going 24hrs+, you will have to connect the joy-cons to the switch for 2 hours and play it handheld before docking it to the TV again to continue with another 24hrs+

>be one of the lucky winners who get the privilege of spending more money
What a stunning prize

- $300 (you can buy a bundled PS4 or Xbone for less RIGHT NOW)
- Less powerful than the PS4 and Xbone
- 32GB internal storage (another $20 - $o200 if you want more with micro SD)
- $80 for another pair of Joy Cons (if you have friends)
- $30 charger grip (the bundled grip is only a plastic shell that does nothing else)
- $70 pro controller
- $50 for a single Joy Con
- $90 for another Switch dock
- The Switch dock literally does nothing other than: charge, hold up your Switch, and connect to your TV (so it has no “extra processing power” like we were led to believe)
- Not bundled with a game like the original Wii had so that’s another $60
- 1-2 Switch is a glorified $50 demo (that should’ve been bundled)
- Paid online subscription (when Nintendo has never shown competence with online)
- Online chat done through an app on your phone (when there’s already Discord/Skype/etc.)
- 720p resolution (maybe 1080p when docked defeating the point of the system)
- 30 FPS (maybe 60 if docked still defeating the point of the system)
- Battery is NOT user replaceable (batteries lose capacity as they age)
- USB type C cables to worry about (cheap USB-C cables can destroy your system)
- Carrying a battery bank (another thing to lug around)
- Only big launch title is Zelda (which is also coming for the Wii U)
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild is only 900p, 30 FPS
- Other big games are coming the remaining 9 months of the year
- Wi-Fi only (no 4G or LTE support like every expensive tablet)
- No multimedia support (no Netflix/Hulu/etc.)

Drones can't handle the truth