The great debate

The great debate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ioVy4U9Tvz8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Pic related for the vast majority of games

360 > ps4 > one > ps3

I like the xbox one better. With PS I feeling like breaking my thumbs after while

Americans will say xbox because of their big hands.

Everyone else will say PS4.

I would take the DS4 but thats really personnal : The xbox controller somehow "hurt" my fingers.

Asymmetrical controllers piss me the fuck off.

>African Americans will say xbox because of their big hands.
ftfy

By that logic:
manlets will say PS4 because of their small hands.

I grew up playing Playstation controllers. Once the 360 controller came out it has been my favorite. The Bone's controller is one of the best parts about it.

Anyone who has been playing since the 90's will prefer the DS4 because of a working D-pad. Xbox D-pad is awful.

Wii U Pro.
>tfw 80 hour battery life

Anyone else get latency issues with DS4 on pc? Other than that the DS4 is pretty great. The touchpad could be more responsive so that I could use it as a proper track pad but that's not really something I expect a controller to have.

Dude xbone has a better Dpad. Not even an argument.

how hard is it to get this game to run on modern hardware and with normal kb+mouse controls

If we're talking about a controller for PC:
Xbone:
>It just werks
>Comfier
>Needs to worry about batteries if unplugged, though decent ones can last for a while
DS4:
>Better d-pad
>Better triggers
>Touchpad can be useful
>Shit battery life if you're not connecting it to the PC directly
>Needs to mess around with settings a bit more, though steam has recently made that easier

This isn't even a debate. Xbox one has the better controller and stick placement.

Sure, it's better than the 360 one, but it's still on the wrong part of the controller.

I do think the Xbox One controller is better suited for FPS games, but I got Titanfall 2 on PS4 and it plays fine. Both are good, honestly, but I love how easy it is to take a screenshot or record footage on the PS4 controller via the Share button. Double tapping the home button on the Xbox One controller is such a nuisance, because it will think your trying to minimize windows.

No, everyone else will say PS4 because they don't have abnormally huge fatty hands like USA USA USA!

Same fucking thing in essence, they even made the motherfuckers the same colour.

It's on GOG so it should run on modern computers no problem. About the controls, I got no idea.

Here's the obvious answer

Having used both, I vastly prefer the bone, namely because of the better analog sticks, better triggers, and no stupid fucking massive touch screen

I'm English and so short that people think I'm still in school. The Dualshock 4 is a step up from the absolute abortions that are the previous three controllers, but it's still shit and the decision to add the bafflingly useless trackpad makes my head hurt.

>Xbox One controller is better suited for FPS games
>using a controller for fps games

$ 1 5 0

>If we're talking about a controller for PC:
>Xbone:
>It just werks
What?
Half of the games don't support a controller at all (Mass Effect), Xbox's DirectInput support is awful (both triggers on the same axis, seriously MS?)
>Needs to mess around with settings a bit more
All a DS4 needs is Xbox controller emulation, because some shitty console ports decided to only work with MS-made controllers. That's all.
It works out of the box with everything else, even on WinXP. No drivers required.

The dualshock 4's giant select button doesn't work with directinput though

I'm using the DS4 for platformers because the d-pad is really good. Otherwise, I'm using the Wii U Pro controller.

T R Y H A V I N G A J O B

DS4 is better for games that actually would benefit from using a controller, i.e. fighting games. D-pad isn't complete shit and the touchpad is comfortable to use when browsing the internet.

>Sup Forums
>debate

Pick only one.

>debate
xbone controller owns ps4 so badly its not even funny

I own both. PS4 controller is significantly larger, dip shit.

>The dualshock 4's giant select button doesn't work with directinput though
Why does it map on button 14 by default then?

T R Y B U Y I N G 2 - 4 G A M E S I N S T E A D

Why the fuck does the DS4 looks like an unfinished prototype?
The touch pad is so useless...

it's actually comfy af
the really waste is that stupid light

Xbox for 3rd person gameplay, PS for 2d sidescroller for the dpad. Xbox dpad is shit, and the thumbstick is fucked when it comes to movement in certain parts.

Button mapping:
>1 Square
>2 Fork
>3 Circle
>4 Triangle
>5 L1
>6 R1
>7 L2 (digital)
>8 R2 (digital)
>9 Share
>10 Options
>11 L3
>12 R3
>13 PS button
>14 Touchpad button
>POV hat = d-pad
Axis mapping:
>X left stick horizontal
>XR L2 (analog)
>Y left stick vertical
>YR R2 (analog)
>Z right stick horizontal
>ZR right stick vertical
And this works out of the box without drivers by just plugging it in via USB.

That's because devs haven't utilized it at all. Same shit with the gyro ability. Imagine a AAA Shooter with gyro aiming. Why the fuck hasn't that happened yet?

>That's because devs haven't utilized it at all. Same shit with the gyro ability. Imagine a AAA Shooter with gyro aiming. Why the fuck hasn't that happened yet?
Xbone has no touchpad and gyros and is holding everyone back.
Thanks Microsoft!

when you have a job, you don't have to decide between the two user

So what does that make Nintendo the forerunner for legitimately useful innovations rather than gimmicks?

Seriously though that lightbar and touchpad is fucking retarded.

>touchpad is fucking retarded.
It's great, especially when using the controller on PC.

It's great in concept but it works horribly as a track pad if that's what you mean. I usually just end up using it to switch profiles.

Tough one, I mean, a ball mouse & only 1 button would be pretty rough, but if it means not using a fucking brick for a controller, I'd deal with it.

If it was just the size then Xbox would just be a scaled-up dualshock. As it is it doesn't matter what size your hands are because the xbox controller is just a vague blob with nothing to grab on to.

why did sony put an edge behind the triggers so if you use multiple grips it scrapes during transition?

The logic was if you set it down it wouldn't accidently depress. Which when the L/R2 are set as FF/RW in video playback, can be pretty fucking annoying if it happens.
It still happens, but it happens a lot less than it did on the PS3.

Placement has nothing to do with the quality of the pad. The pads quality is way better, however the placement of zed pad is subjective.

Sony controllers have always annoyed me. It's time for a decent redesign.

Literally no dual stick design is better.

The positioning of the dual sticks have always bothered me. I was playing a few hours the other night and it felt so weird compared to my one controller.

Except for every other dual stick design from the gamecube controller to the Xbone.
Sony's controllers are literally the worst in terms of ergonomics.

Too pure for this cruel world ;_;

youtube.com/watch?v=ioVy4U9Tvz8

That clickety xbox shit is garbage. Confirmed for never playing Dpad games in your life.

What's the switch between the right stick and dpad for?

Xbone controllers feel better to use, but have serious quality control issues and don't tend to last very long. That plus how expensive they are means I refuse to use one anymore.

Valve did. I play mainly with the steam controller except for fighting games and RTS, of course.

>but have serious quality control issues
Well stop throwing them at the wall you fucking animal.

Sony's stick placement is a relic from before controllers had analog sticks. They just slapped a pair onto the original Playstation controller without much thought for ergonomics.
Why would you want the main movement input in the secondary position for 3D games?
Why would you need sticks for a 2D game?

Symmetry is superior.

360 controllers were like this too. I went through about 5 of them until I just got a DS4 and I wasn't rough on them.

different profiles

>I went through about 5 of them
How the fuck? My only 360 controller only died on after 6 years of use and thats because the cord got fucked up somehow.

I'm not completely sure what happened but they stopped syncing with anything. They were all wireless btw.

>Everyone else will say PS4.
small handed jap cuck detected
i for one enjoy the xbox controller as a german

>muh kbm crutch

lol pls

Yep, it's obviously my fault. Go and Google this shit, there are tons of complaints about poor build quality.

I'm pretty sure this is how Microsoft make profit with the Xbone. Sell cheaply made controllers at rip off prices.

>as a german
Hello Mohamad!

Normal hands here, I've never had mechanical problems with either. I prefer PS4 controllers for playing Playstation games and Xbox controllers for playing Xbox/Windows games.

you confuse having a job with wasting money on shit

>primary control mechanism in the secondary position
Dualshock controllers are trash. I struggle to think of a single game in the modern age that still mostly uses a Dpad.

Build quality on the XBO is better. PS4 is more comfortable. Both are good options. Wii U Pro is my favorite of the three.

But that is the primary position. The worst thing about the controller is the D-pad feels isolated, but the d-pad isn't heavily used or at least required that you use it constantly in any games.

This

Dualshock is made for baby hands, the 360 controller is literal perfection.

>But that is the primary position.
Nope. Top left is where the thumb comfortably rests, and is in line with the main action imputs.

>But that is the primary position.
Put your hands on the controller and tell me where your thumbs go naturally.

I just grabbed my DS3, it feels natural on the left analog stick.

Thanks for confirming your deformity because the natural resting position for the thumbs would be the d-pad. Moving to the analog sticks requires you to stretch and hold it there if ever so slightly.

>analog sticks requires you to stretch
How fucking small are your thumbs?

Not him but it depends on how you hold it. The PS4 controller has long handles and you can palm it anywhere in between to adjust your thumb positioning.

>The PS4 controller has long handles and you can palm it anywhere in between to adjust your thumb positioning.
Meaning you would have to move some part out of it's natural resting position either in the wrist or thumb area. There's no way you can get it in a natural position unless you're literally crippled.

>small hands detected
My palms can mold it anywhere along its length, try jacking off more, kid.

Well that's your problem, you're bending your wrist like a fucking moron. My left hand is positioned to where my thumb basically is straight out to hit the analog position and my wrist isn't really bent. I have to curl my thumb all the way in to hit the dpad.

Neither of those, both of these.

>My palms can mold it anywhere along its length
Then your palms aren't natural. Sorry but you're literally a defective human.

>you're bending your wrist
Because the grips on the Playstation controllers fan out at an unintuitive angle.

>Buttons directly above and below the analog sticks instead of being placed diagonally
RIP thumbs.

>Microswitches
>garbage

Why don't they just make the left analog stick and dpad swappable? Different games are better with one than the other, so why not just make the controller capable of both?

>he thinks everyone's hands are small and inflexible
Learned you something new, kid. Some people have bigger dicks than you too.

Holy shit, I didn't even think of the analog placement for using as a normal controller. Wow that thing is going to fucking suck dick.

It's also worth noting that if your hands are too big for the controller there's not enough room for the little finger to grip so it just kind of awkwardly hangs on the edge.

its so good, I love mine, poorfags are just jealous