ITT: That game you can't stop going back to play

ITT: That game you can't stop going back to play

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O09h45Uz3Gc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

mh3u

both of these, also BoI Rebirth/Antibirth.

Why? Are you just one-shotting Tyrants over and over?

Actually I need to go back and finish it, I was pretty far in and stopped playing for some reason. Probably because i got sick of "hey here's some missions you can't do because you need 3 hearts with this character you just got" bullshit.

No because I would get bored of it if I did.

What are you still doing in this game then? There's nothing to do after you finish the story and side missions.

Mostly exploring the environment over and over and battling a few strong enemies without making myself too OP. Sometimes helping other players and slutting up other characters.

not him but it takes an incredibly long time to do all the side missions (not counting basic missions since you're not supposed to go out of your way to do those)

The game also has some pretty awesome platforming elements, you can actually get up here without the aid of a Skell.

>Mostly exploring the environment over and over
I can't see how that's fun after I've ran through the same areas 60 times.

>it takes an incredibly long time to do all the side missions
The game has been out for a year and a half. How can anyone still be playing the side missions?

some are fairly hidden or just take a while to play; it also depends on how many hours you've been playing since it released. Just because OP still comes back to the game doesn't mean he's been playing it non-stop all this time. Personally, I've clocked 240 houes into the game and still have a few affinity and normal missions to do.

Not everyone sits at home all day, every day living off of either their parents or disability. Some people opted to start the game over too. You also need to realize that many side missions have alternate endings to them.

>The game has been out for a year and a half. How can anyone still be playing the side missions?
Not that user, but I only started playing the game a month ago. Not everyone buys a game on launch and plays it non-stop. In fact, only mega autists do that.

I've a Wii U hacked but I will wait to play it on CEMU 1.7.2, i can't handle a RPG with Wii U gamepad, i rather play it with my 360 controller.

can wii casuals stop shitting this board up?

I lost all motivation to play about 20 minutes after getting flight. Basically, "welp, nothing in this game is ever going to be better than this."

>after I've ran through the same areas 60 times.
not him but there's a lot of "unexplored territories" and secret areas to find. I also like to travel places manually rather than use fast travel all the time since the scenery is so nice and it helps me complete basic missions on the way (or find secrets/treasure)

Xeno X is that exact opposite... I want to go back and finish/play it but its just so dam overwhelming to jump back into I just stop

There's literally nothing to do in this game once you finish all the missions. Its not even worth grinding for augments to make an endgame build because the autistic drop rates make it frustrating.
>inb4 use treasure sensor gear
Yeah already did that

TF2 please help me I have a problem, I'm not even having fun anymore but I still play every day.

you poor fool

Grim Dawn. I know it's a autistic grindy ARPG with poor end game but there is something in the atmosphere and gameplay I cannot resist.

Console MH when?

>not him but there's a lot of "unexplored territories" and secret areas to find
I found pretty much all of them on my first playthrough

Can you kindly stop bitching about my gaming habits, mom?

Congrats

and?
OP is probably still doing missions, as mentioned in the thread there's a lot of them and they take a long time to complete.

Go play Bloodborne for the 25th time

>I also like to travel places manually rather than use fast travel
You seriously fly over Primordia every time you go to Sylvalum or Cauldros? Jesus Christ

Stop playing this game! DELETE THIS RIGHT FUCKING NOW

not every time, just sometimes.

I thought I was the only one

I can't stop playing.
Halp Sup Forums!!!!

I'm sure there'll be one on Switch

Thanks, its nice to not be a casual like the rest of Sup Forums.

Stop! Stop stop stop! Stop talking about and playing this game! You should be playing FFXV

it's a great way to get extra xp if you get a bunch of basic missions queued then make sure you occasionally travel manually instead of just fast-travelling all the time. Also DAT SCENERY.

You deserve a medal for your efforts, but I can only hope that my gratitude is enough. We won't forget you

WRONG. You should be playing a true open world masterpiece, Horizon Zero Dawn.

This
I hated X when I first played it a year ago, but now I can't stop playing it. It's too much fun and there's too much content

>not being level 60 when you finish the story
Casual

NOOOO HE SHOULD BE PLAYING BLOODBORNE REEEEERE!!!

>they take a long time to complete.
They do if you're a casual.
Oh right, this is Sup Forums.

I have been playing a lot of Splatoon lately.

I think my favorite games to replay are Oblivion FFX and FF4.

Ah, the game that triggers Sup Forums for not being moeshit enough.

Still assmad over Xenoblade 2 huh?

Nah, I wasn't that mad because I got into Xenoblade pretty late, and don't really care that much and I'm used to games devolving into moeshit.

What really killed Xenoblade was it getting represented in Smash Bros.

completing missions also helps you build affinity with party members, useful for those affinity missions that require high affinity with lesser-used characters.

oh yeah?
find me a full speedrun of all story, normal, and affinity missions that's under even 50 hours
protip: you can't

>find me a full speedrun of all story, normal, and affinity missions that's under even 50 hours
Took me just under 200 hours to get 91% completion, that includes finishing all side missions, affinity missions, and story missions. The fastest time I've seen someone on Sup Forums finish this game was 150 hours, and they had 100%.

...so you agree with me or whut?

Mah nigga.

Name one openwork game with better draw distance.

hard mode: with mecha

>Name one openwork game with better draw distance.
Uh.... all of them?
Xenoblade X has shit draw distance. I'll be running or flying and all of a sudden an enemy will pop up right in my face and a battle starts.

Do you know why people replay the same fire emblem levels over and over again?

Efficiency/difficulty/handicaps

Here's a simple challenge I dare anyone to complete:

Beat the entire game with:
-No skells
-No fast travel
-No reward tickets
-No player control
-Commands only
-AI only

I think he meant render distance rather than draw distance, common mistake.

>-No player control
Whats even the point of playing then?

>I don't understand the difference between draw distance and pop-in

draw distance is controlled primarily by harddrive (HDD/SSD/Blue-ray) and optimization

pop-in is dictated by system RAM

I did the same with Star Ocean 3 (hyped for the HD remaster)

Sometimes it's fun to play a game you like to play with gimmicks/handicaps. In a game with as many options as X, it can lead to a LOT of fucking around.

"+" commands

Fine you can play as any character other than MC, but no ghostwalker

>driving up sales and popularity killed xenoblade

hmmm

Fire Emblem is hardly an apt comparison. You can replay a Fire Emblem campaign in a couple of afternoons. Xenoblade X takes a couple of weeks at least to finish a playthrough. And the system doesn't have enough variety to keep things interesting on a second playthrough.

why now that you mention it, yes. Fuck takahashi.

>And the system doesn't have enough variety to keep things interesting on a second playthrough.
nigga what? entire sidequests can change from your choices, and you can roll with a completely different character and build, it's decently replayable.

>waahhh I want muh down syndrome potato characters back!!
>Muh stoic boring brown waifu REEEEEEE

Was the bad render distance really a problem for people? I hear complaints about it whenever the game comes up and it was pretty jarring at first, but after playing the game for awhile It really wasn't bothering me at all

calle calle

>all of a sudden an enemy will pop up right in my face and a battle starts
Did you install the data packs?

>entire sidequests can change from your choices,
Sure, but those have no effects on the overall world. They only affect the immediate quest. For example, if you let the helicopter dude die, literally nothing changes. Future quests don't change, you don't get special rewards if he lives. Its completely inconsequential. And that's how all of the side missions are.
>and you can roll with a completely different character and build
Yeah, and it takes another 30 hours just to get to a point where you have enough arts to make an interesting character.
Everyone just defaults to the blossom dance one in post game anyways.

>can't handle a RPG with Wii U gamepad
Then play it with the pro controller. All the pad is there to do is fast travel and set probes.

>Xenoblade X takes a couple of weeks at least to finish a playthrough. And the system doesn't have enough variety to keep things interesting on a second playthrough.

You really need to git gud and lurk more. There is still so much shit we still don't know about XCX. For example even as of now, nobody and I mean nobody has been ever able to control and manipulate soul voice to beat a boss.

The cookie cutter Xenoblade player:
- stack potential (grind grind grind)
- ghost walker abuse (FMJ only, until other classes open)
- reflect builts
- astal projection wall builts
etc.

More people need to try to do more early game feats.

>bad render distance
what?
the render distance is very good, or do you mean the pop-in problem?

yea my bad, I meant pop-in

>What really killed Xenoblade was it getting represented in Smash Bros.
How? Nobody uses Shulk and NoA trying to push "I'm really feeling it" never took off either.

Theres like only 3 ways to play, why the hell would you play it a 4th time?

For all you guys out there who still haven't been able to do the "Deal final blow to nemesis" achievement.

>For example even as of now, nobody and I mean nobody has been ever able to control and manipulate soul voice to beat a boss.
What? Soul Voice is a passive boost. What are you even on about?
>More people need to try to do more early game feats.
Maybe its because doing other stuff that early isn't feasible. You need augments to get creative with your build and augments require ridiculous amounts of grinding. Plus some materials for augments might not be available to early players because they're only dropped by strong enemies.

Is there a cookie cutter for rayguns? I like them but other then shooting shit until either they die or I, I have no idea what I'm doing.

>"Deal final blow to nemesis"
Well maybe if the nemesis actually appeared these days.
It was so fucking stupid of Monolith to make a niche game so heavily reliant on multiplayer elements. A niche game on a dead console cannot support a playerbase. Especially when it has such limited options, like only have 2 nemesis bosses.

Are you kidding me? I fought about 3 telethias and 2 yggraliths just this month and I know there have been more I haven't even seen because I can only play in the morning.

I don't believe you.

They are dead overnight though.

Why do you hate yourself

>They only affect the immediate quest
not entirely true, there's a few quests with content changes as well as at least 1 entire quest that you can't do (as a different one takes its place) depending on what you did in an earlier quest.

>takes another 30 hours just to get to a point where you have enough arts to make an interesting character.
I don't think it'd take that long, not particularly relevant though as most people don't try every single class in a single playthrough so you'll still get a fresh experience from trying a different approach in a new game.
>Everyone just defaults to the blossom dance one in post game anyways.
nah, it's a popular meme build but not at all required.

I'm in a similar boat but I didn't hate the game as much as didn't want it to end so I stopped playing.
Also fuck definian downfall, went into that thinking it was going to be some more trash mobs.

>Well maybe if the nemesis actually appeared these days.
It does quite often thanks to RP runners and it dies just as fast as it appears. To get that achievement though, you have a small window of time to take down a Nemesis once it hits 0 RP, and yes multiple people can get that achievement at the same time as long you do not get that Global Nemesis defeat message.

This pic makes me realise what a great game XCX is.

Its not worth it. You'll have to look up some guide, and the guide will tell you to go one-shot a tyrant over and over and over until you get the very specific drops with the very specific exact perks that you need, then you can start grinding for a dozen hours just to craft one augment. Oh and even with treasure sensor gear you probably won't get the shit you need. Its not worth the headache.

Oh and btw, Telethia Plume is up right now so there's your chance

Suit yourself, not like I take stamped pics each time a nemesis appears so I can't really prove it to you.

True, I was hoping for Ygg to last until I got home, it was almost halfway through his RP in the morning. When I started the game the fucker was already dead.
Still, it's not surprising considering how many people are fucking overpowered right now.

youtube.com/watch?v=O09h45Uz3Gc
I was looking for episteme's video and found one of his partners instead, but he's there nonetheless.

Honestly I just figured out there was an auto run on Sunday. Really helps when the gamepad dies on me.

Move aside weaklings, best character coming through.

As an example only purple soul voice arts are able to completely bypass debuff resistances, something that not even 100% resistance reducers can't accomplish.

Also when you see a circle prompt and nail it, that is the only time you tell your AI to userMC's soul voice arts. Meaning you can control what bonuses your AI receives.

>Xenoblade X

Its literally a offline mmorpg, which is worse than the online ones.
Biggest buyer remorse of my life.

>queerbait
>best character
pick one

rayguns work well with shield and knife.

It was fun adding stuff to that. XCX had some great threads and that pic still cracks me up when I see it.

I kept going in and out of the barracks to update the RP since I can only take a few hundreds myself. People keep killing it too fast and when I load up it shows the defeat message. Also, if you enter the room with, say, 1000 RP left and don't finish it off. When you come back it will also be defeated (if other people did it, of course).