Other urls found in this thread:

fig.co/campaigns/deadfire
fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=277#updates
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Bz23v3dZNZfvKqFGSqJpVQ/
youtube.com/watch?v=YzXD0apipV0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

DOSH

5 mill its gonna be impossible.

Guess we wil have those nice Uncharted Islands.

where's the stretch goal for it not being a shit game

Uhhh
They can't possibly expect that they'll reach that, right?

there was already a thread up for your trash game, sawyer. i know you get paid per post, but please at least try.

>Tyranny=PoE

Fucking retard.

>keep adding milestones
This thing is going to sink if they keep doing that instead of working with a solid concept and finish the fucking thing

10 billions

Well they did deliver back in PoE with their 4.0 mill pledge mark.

It's ok, they'll spend 2 years patching it

>five fucking million

Unless they have a shitton of investment money they're planning to dump in the last 24 hours, there's no fucking way.

is anyone kinda bummed that Eothas is coming back as a statue and not another human. I think this will make what was a interesting character turn into a "IM MAD AT EVERYONE DESTROY" type of villian

Nyah!

What the actual fuck. This is a joke, right?

They have a bit under a million.
And now that I think about it, I don't really give a shit about an elf companion. Whatever.

its fake

Well 5 mill mark seems like Josh just shitposting, they must be aware that the game at best will reach 4 mill mark

>your own ship
pretty nice, I hope it'll be customizable in some way

fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

devious flim flams, OP got me.

Faggot.

it's a fake pic you cucks

Are you only pretending?

I wouldn't bet on them reaching $5m, but you do have to bear in mind that they have between $500-750k of Fig funds that aren't added to the total yet, that there's always a last few days surge of backers, and - I think - that they're going to count donations made to their PayPal, and upgrades to pledges (for example, adding on to get the DLC/expansion which they added with this update) as counting towards stretch goals, as well.

How does it take $750k to add a new companion? I swear these kickstartes blow the money on booze and hookers.

Fuck off dude, it's fake

Kinda disappointed the ship fights will happen CYOA-style instead of actually controlling your ship Side Meier's Pirates!-style.

Looks great otherwise.

Explain this fig funds, where those come from? Investment?Who are those investors?

fig.co/campaigns/deadfire?update=277#updates
It'd be pretty dumb to put fake stretch-goals in their updates.

Is this going to be a pirate game or something?

>expecting anything else
I doubt it is even possible to implement proper ship battles in their engine with prerendered backgrounds, and cyoa battles sounds fucking sweet, i enjoyed that battled for your keep in first one a lot.

>finally reach White March
>have no idea what is even going on anymore
I absolutely love all of the companion interactions so far though.

You can see they have unrevealed stretch goals at $4.5m and $4.75m as well, so it's only billed as $250k. Though the reality is that one or two of the three mystery goals before it would be something that can be done cheaply, with the actual budget for an 8th companion taking up some of that if reached.

Fig lets anyone with $1,000 invest their money in to the game for dividends. I don't know the split between dedicated fans putting the minimum pledge in because they believe in Deadfire or Obsidian versus proper, professional investors putting in larger sums, but I would imagine the latter is the lion's share of it.

>Kana
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeee

kek you can tell how badly they don't want that 8th companion.

It would be hilarious if the 4.25-4.75 goals were turning the other sidekicks into companions. Ydwin was easily my least favorite of the four.

>5 mill its gonna be impossible.
I think they've made it impossible on purpose. The more companions you add, the more complex the interactions between ALL companions get, as they actually have to write inter-companion interactions and they probably already have their hands more than full.

they're just arbitrary goals set to get people to preorder. It's not about how much it costs to make a new companion, but how much they think a new companion will convice people to raise their pledge or get new people to pledge
it's meaningless because it's over in two days, no way they can raise 2 millions

He makes a terrible first impression, but I actually don't mind him now that I've spent some time with him.

i'd love some new ship types

>$5 million - YDWIN BECOMES A COMPANION - You asked for this, now help us make it a reality!
this seems to imply that people already saw the new companion, did they show portraits or stuff anywhere?

She's one of the sidekicks.

>Ydwin was easily my least favorite of the four

Yeah, but she was an obvious choice. They added romances, and Ydwin is an elf with a vagina. It'll print money for them.

I haven't read the update though, would this mean there will be a replacement sidekick after her promotion?

Who is Ydwin?

Why should we care about this person being a companion?

Are they better in WM? For me the lack of party interactions killed what little the core had going for it. I think it was a huge aspect of bg2 nostalgia for a lot of people, surprised they missed it first time around.

Yes, though they didn't say who it would be.

Yeah, we'll be back at four if she gets upgraded. Obviously no news on what the new fourth would be, though.

Yeah sorry, that's what I meant. Did they already show the sidekicks? They said people asked for her to become a companion

What the fuck happened to the days when the game companies first made the game and then we paid them for the complete product? (*cough* Baldurs Gate *cough*)

No, we haven't seen them. I think they just meant people were asking for more another companion in general. Maybe she was the most popular choice, though, being a female elf and all.

Nyah yourself.

Pale elf cutie. This stretch goal is just there to see how far people are ready to go for the most generic companion.

>and then we paid them for the complete product?
certainly not back when Baldur's Gate was being made, that's for sure. Gaider wouldn't have made the ascension mod if that was actually true.

We One Piece now

boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/Bz23v3dZNZfvKqFGSqJpVQ/

FUCKING
STOP

Was it autism?

>have carefully designed PC I made after a lot of autism and lore reading, to be viable, logical, uniquely flavored while not outlandish
>obsidian makes the exact same character an npc

>viable, logical, uniquely flavored while not outlandish
>playing a Death Godlike (Pale Elf) Cipher waifu

How much of Ascension was actually cut content, though? I know that the standard tougher boss battles and maybe also the final boss changes weren't Gaider coming up with new and challenging encounters, it was just him implementing (and maybe bugfixing too) the originally planned versions of the bosses, which were toned down for release. Was something like getting Balthazar as an ally cut or made fresh for Ascension?

That's actually a pretty subtle way of telling you to go fuck yourself.

I didnt mean the pale elf (she's not a godlike btw)

>5 million
They will get 750.000 from the investment since I think their new cap was reached again but no, the 5 million stretch goal just seems to be shitposting.
There's no way they'll get it and they probably know it but at the same time they've been hinting the 8th companion for a while so i don't know

It isn't. fig.co/campaigns/deadfire

which tier should i back? im gonna buy the game anyway, might as well get a discount

yea i'm hoping for a little more than "EOTHAS SMASH!"

$29, because that's the one that's actually a discount. I backed at $65 because I'm a loser.

They're certainly more commonplace, same goes for CYOA sequences.

Anyone here have a backer npc in pillars1?

Are you happy with how it turned out?

Weirdo

>$5.0m

So new companion never ever.

They were probably cut because the KS goals stretched the budget so badly. Also Sawyer said he didn't like companions taking the initiative from the player.

I doubt it's going to be that straight-forward.

Eothas is the god of redemption. Sure's probably mad as fuck after how hard he got fucked over, but he's not going to be just HURR SMASH EVERYTHING.

That one's free.

Any art of Ydwin?

>KS goals stretched the budget so badly
that isn't an excuse. that's just called piss poor money management
there was 30 minutes of voiced dialogue between companions, which were 2-3 exchanges of a handful of sentences, largely unrelated to the game at large.
fully voiced dialogue killed PoE and it'll kill PoE2.

I didn't have one myself, but I really hated how backer NPCs were handled in PoE1 and I wish there was an option to turn them off.

In my opinion backer NPCs should blend in with the game. Like, a good way to do it would be just to have them as regular NPCs in busy places, like extras in a movie. Not giving them golden nameplates, chuuni names and have each of them share their retarded self insert backstory with you. It even worse because at first I didn't realize they were backer NPCs and I thought those stories must be important somehow because the golden nameplates make them stand out so much, so I made an effort to read every goddamn awful one of them.

They should have like three tiers, going up in price for each one.
1) Grave Marker: What they have on the gravesites/memorials in PoE1. It doesn't get in anyone's way and nobody cares if it's stupid or if it doesn't fit the game.
2) Background NPC: Just a random mook you might encounter standing at the market, hanging out at the inn, or maybe even fight as random encounters. No dialogue, no backstory, just a name (that should at least make an attempt to fit the setting and lore). Basically the PoE1 backer NPCs except without the golden plates and the shitty background stories.
3) Dialogue NPC: Has dialogue and some backstory. Could be anything from sidequest NPCs to innkeepers to just some random guy you can have a short chat with. Should have the strictest requirements for being lore-friendly and their dialogue should mostly be related to their role in the game, not just a bad fanfic dispenser. They did this with the PoE1 innkeepers and even though they were more important, they were far less disruptive than the regular backer NPCs to the point where you couldn't even tell they were made by backers.

I can feel Josh smug when he decided to set this as a milestone

>Oh so you faggots want an 8th companion.

youtube.com/watch?v=YzXD0apipV0

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

giving them golden nameplates made it so that you could completely ignore them though.
>I made an effort to read every goddamn awful one of them
are you retarded? i read two before i realised what was going on. why should they just 'blend in' like regular NPCs? if anything that would mean i would bump into even MORE of them because there would be no way for me to differentiate between regular NPCs and kickstarter ones. you're a dummy.

i have 400h in poe and i never read a single backer npc, it baffles me that anyone would

not the same user.

originally ToB wasn't supposed to be expanion but a full game. It wasn't really a "cut," they were more like ideas they had but never did due to interplay being nearly bankrupt.

What, you don't want to read about special snowflake lesbian mages or edgelord assassins cutting the eyes out of children?

Visual customization seems nice but I'm more interested in some things they didn't show.

First, will you actually be made to choose how you want to develop your ship, or is it just a bunch of straight upgrades like Caed Nua was, where you don't really get to choose anything and the only endgame was having every upgrade built and the whole thing just becoming an edless source of free money and items. Having at least some mutually exclusive upgrades (especially if the differences are visually represented) could go a long way to both making it mechanically more interesting and making your shit actually feel like YOUR ship and not just a glorified checklist.

Second, how important will the ship be to the story. I realise it's your main method of transportation through the game, but that means it could end up being like the Ebon Hawk in KotOR which, while also your main method of transportation was really only something you returned to in between the actual gameplay parts.

I know it's not a ship management game and there's a limit to how much time and effort they can put into it, but I'd love to see the player ship be an integral part of the gameplay experience and not just the hub you're forced to return to in order to move around.

>This was all a ploy by Obisidian to make a new sid meier's pirates game.

Is PoE any good?

It's alright.
Not amazing, but it works. Most of the time.

>are you retarded? i read two before i realised what was going on.
Well every one was an exaggeration. I should have said every one of them until I figured out that they were all meaningless garbage. I bought the game without knowing there was even such a thing as backer NPCs so I didn't expect something like that. And even if you ignore them, you still see their gold plates pop up fucking everywhere which is why I'd love to see an option to turn them off.

>why should they just 'blend in' like regular NPCs? if anything that would mean i would bump into even MORE of them because there would be no way for me to differentiate between regular NPCs and kickstarter ones.
Did you read my post? Not being able to see the difference is the whole point, and bumping into them wouldn't be an issue because they'd have no dialogue to trigger, let alone drag up random fanfiction.net excerpts for you to read.

>5m for an 8th companion
Just how bad do you whiny faggots want more companions. :^)

The statue they are giving to higher backers is Eothas rising out of the sea to smash your ship so that might be in the game.

I didn't like it at first, but I started playing it again after Deadfire got announced and I'm having fun with it now. All that patching they did helped a lot.

I think it's more about Obsidian basically telling their fans "we really, really don't want to make more companions, but if you want another one this badly here's your chance to prove it."

I don't think they have a realistic chance of making 5 mil anyway. 4 is probably reachable seeing as how almost all crowdfunding projects get a massive spike of backers on the last day, but they won't go much beyond that unless some crazy shit happens.

I really want to think that this is just Josh having a giggle.

found it.

YOU ARE A PIRATE

Fucking RPG Codex will pay for everything!
I'm coming for you Sensuki!

The fact they didn't even bother with goals between 4m and 5m says they know it's not going to happen.

are they really gonna come up with 55 multiclass names? what are the chances any of those will be right and not ruin your character by name alone?

>barb + wizard = shaman
fuck that should be barb+druid already
54 to go

>And even if you ignore them, you still see their gold plates pop up fucking everywhere
not if you kill them and take their gear

i will be amazed if it gets more money than the original kickstarter. 2 days to go so we shall see

u got Sawyerd