How does Sup Forums feel about Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Stardew Valley?

How does Sup Forums feel about Harvest Moon/Rune Factory/Stardew Valley?

only one of those games has an alcoholic bus driver, so it's clear which is best

I like both RF and HM/SoS.

New SoS game in a few days.

Reminder this comes out in 6 days

>not having it already

I'm a big Harvest Moon fan, but I don't own a 3DS. Is Story of Seasons worth playing?

RF >>> HM > SV

I enjoyed each of them for different reasons, but above all I'd want another RF game.

RF3 and RF4 remain my most played single player games of all time, each with 400+ hours in them. Frontier and 2 were also really good, I really liked the story in 2.

Haven't played Harvest Moon since I was a kid, and haven't ever played Rune Factory despite it being recommended to me a million times. I'm nearing 200 hours in Stardew Valley though and I fucking adore it.

Reposting my shitty pic so we can talk about best dog

Rune Factory will forever been in Harvest Moon's shadow until you can seduce the MILFs

I think stardew valley needs to be expanded on a fuck ton more but it's my favourite so far.

>That everything

The first SoS game is decent, but really flawed. If you were to get a 3ds for a HM game, then you'll want to pick up Trio of Towns when it drops in a few days.

You can fuck lolis and monster girls in RF, including a loli monster girl, that's way better.

Amber/Kohaku got fucked over by the localization, she came off as way cuter in Japanese, her dub VA was atrocious.

imo, the extra things to do and the amount of polish/little things in Stardew Valley breaks up the repetition of farming and keeps you engaged in the game, so I've always prefered it to Harvest Moon. My only big gripe with it is how it kind of forces you into going through the dungeons. If I wanted a combat dungeon crawler I wouldn't be playing a fucking farming simulation game.
>shane

Dolce was best, but I really liked the way they handled bosses in 4.

Concentrated autism.

>best girl
Gotta agree with you that there should be alternatives to the dungeon, at least for mining so you aren't forced to crawl through it.

>Rune Factory 5

My hope is that Stardew Valley's success will convince Marvelous to port Rune Factory 4 to other platforms. I love the game but I hate the 3DS.

>tfw played all rune factories in the DS and emulated the Wii ones
>tfw I dont want to own a 3ds again and cant play RF4
>tfw I will never know the feel of playing the last RF game made

I love the Rune Factory series. Played every game.

Don't like Harvest Moon. Find them all painfully boring.

Stardew Valley seems to be more for 13 year old girls.

Wait what?

WHAT?

FUCK I GOTTA ORDER THIS SHIT.

The games aren't talked about much because their release schedule is quiet as fuck and very spaced out.

Dachshund

>liking milfs

>HM:Tale of Two Towns
>SoS:Trio of Towns

If this is anything like two towns I'm going to blow my brains out.

>disliking milfs

I'm going to marry the qt teacher.

>Capybara

Fuck everything else.

>Not liking MILFs

Pam is the shit. Can you marry her? Because I wanna.

>Not liking MILFs
>Specifically Rune Factory's MILFS

Are you gay, son? The MILFS were almost always 100 times more attractive than the actual bachelorettes

Citra will be viable eventually, just not any time soon. I tried emulating RF4 recently and it told me I needed to dump a shared font file from my 3DS if I wanted to run it. Like I'm going to go through all that hassle just to run barely functional software.

XSeed's nonexistent marketing budget strikes again

>harvest moon
10/10
>rune factory
1/10
>stardew Valley
7/10

I love them all. Can't get enough of it

>No EU release.

Speaking of which,
>Harvest Moon 64 finally getting an official European release.
>On the Wii U virtual console.
>A week before the Switch comes out and with no indication on whether VC purchases will transfer over and what games will be supported.
I don't understand.

You can marry anyone you set your heart on deary

what the FUCK? This is literally the first time I've heard of this game. Do you know if they fixed the framerate issues on the original Story of Seasons? After playing silky smooth Rune Factory 4 for so long, I just couldn't stand the occasional slowdown in SoS unfortunately

I only ever put a lot of hours into RF, but I don't think I would dislike HM/SoS or SV.

They did from what I played of the JP game.
Maybe the user who got his copy early can chime in and tell us if it's also good in the english version.

What's the appeal of this type of game for people with optimal levels of testosterone?

Wait. Anyone? Because I had my heart set on Linus but I just settled for Pam. Can I actually marry my hobofu?

Does anyone remember the name of a free PC farming game very similar to all of these? I remember it had a bunch of bootleg Nintendo stuff in it, like fishing bloopers and cheep cheeps out of the ocean. The look and gameplay might as well have been Harvest Moon or Stardew Valley.

Shiba, since there is no Chow Chow

You raise cattle so people can enjoy a mouth-watering steak, raise chickens so they can have a topping for their burgers, raise sheep because lamb is delicious, work hard to see the fruits of your labour with your trusty dog and then choose the optimal bride who will bear you many sons to work on your farm.
It's a real man's game which is why women don't play it. They don't understand the concept of working hard, taking responsibility and taking pride in a job. That's why they play Animal Crossing because they have no responsibilities and everything gets handed to them for free.

How come stardew is $15 as a digital download from psn but a physical copy is $30.
Is there something different between the two?

Maybe Graal online? That was more Zelda than Harvest Moon though.

Haven and Hearth maybe?

That was actually a pretty decent masculine breakdown of the game, user.

A proper way to price a game
No box/distribution/shelving cuts the price.

If it was $30 both digitally and physically, then I would be asking questions

>In addition to the game itself, includes Stardew Valley's soundtrack, a fold-out poster of the Pelican Town map, and a mini version of Kari Fry's guidebook. The game itself is unchanged.

Thanks, I pulled it out of my ass.

I have never played a Harvest Moon game in my life, and I don't feel interested on playing one in the future.

I like rune factory the most, it is fun to take a break from farming and go kill stuff.

The combat of stardew valley is shit, but it is the only thing that makes that game appealing to me, it is extremely comfy.

All the farming life simulator games are not so great cuz you will get bored in year 2 or 3 when all the characters repeat the same dialogs all the time and you keep doing the exact same things over and over again.

Best girl.

Shane was really the best guy, but it's quite depressing to see him still fall into alcohol after you marry him and you complete the community center... he could be fleshed out, would make a nice ending to his story

All mariage candidate could, it's true, but shane is really the only one that feels incomplete at the end.

>Get her in the DS version
>Propose and shit
>Marry her
>Reward: getting a FUCK YOU in your face and game over
>Re play cute
>Marry one of the guys from FoMT to see if this happens
>Don`t worry senpai just keep playing
I'm going to be angry always.

>play HM games since I was a kid
>never played Rune Factory
So you do you do anything in RF other than read dialogue boxes? Whats with all this weeb RP shit in video games, I just want to play the game ffs.

Does she have a penis?

that's one overly disgusting Shane portrait

Dungeon crawling.
RF is vastly inferior as a farming game.
You basically play RF for more dialogue/fleshed out characters moreso than the shitty farming.

ERABE

I'm daring to hope that there will be updates that flesh out Shane's and Emily's story a lot more. His feels so incomplete as is.

Here, have another.

>liking /u/

Been playing Stardew Valley recently and is it just me or is the clock in this game fucking relentless? I managed my farm, talked to everyone and fished out the entire lake in RF3 no problem, but in SV I can't help but juggle between talking with people and doing other shit because the day is over by the time I'm done with either

Should I buy stardew or just pirate it?

i dont know man youre the fucking expert of your own fucking situation

Pirate to see if you like it, buy if you do and move the saves over

It's not rocket science user

And with none of its DLC. Into the trash it goes.

Yes it can get hard. I would suggest you invest into sprinklers asap, that really helped me free some time up for other activities.

SV > HM > RF

this is the only correct order

>HM over RF
No

That's the plan but for the time being I'm super mad at the black guy. He put boxes for shrooms in my cave but because my smelter stood where one of the boxes should go, it fucking evaporated

is there a cia of this out already? I kinda wanna play it right fucking now

I always thought it was weird how they would sometimes just make the game end. What was the point?

Nope.
user from last thread said he isnt ripping the game.

I hope his mother dies in his sleep tonight

>not picking the waitress

I would like Stardew Valley if the dirt wasn't yellow.

you hope he has a nightmare?

T-thanks

Goddamn im surprised how the fps didnt shit itself

>I would like sonic if his arms weren't blue

Yeah, Demetrius can be quite a dick sometimes. You might also consider doing some fishing in the first time, as it is a good alternative for funds to get the farm running.

I would not suggest to go directly for animals, as the cost is quite high and you would need a lot of time before getting your investment back.

A good thing to do is to produce honey, and also plant trees for the fruits and the sap.

Also, craft a lightning rod or two, they give you batteries which are really useful to create certain items.

Quest you get in your mailbox are not limited in time, but the ones you take on the billboard in front of Pierre's store are limited to two days (the day you took the quest and the one after that), so keep that in mind. I don't think you suffer any consequences if you miss a quest, but they are easy money, particulary the ore quests for Cliff.

So, can you marry a cute girl as a cute girl yourself in SoS?

I enjoy all of them pretty equally.

Is Legend of the River King like Harvest Moon?
Is it any good?

You just happen to look like a fucciboi ingame thats all.

>not liking milfs

That's pretty gay, user

This is what real life is like.

Boring as fuck. If you like them you're autistic.

Is there ever gonna be another update for Stardew Valley?

I fucking love this game, and hate the fact that after the first year the world becomes static. Sure, a certain character appears at the start of year 2, but nothing changes. In all the events the conversations are the same.

I'd also love it if you could just buy the ores you need. Personally I dislike the fighting and mining in this game, so I wouldn't mind buying the necessary ores at an inflated price instead.

>I'd also love it if you could just buy the ores you need

...but you can? At the smithshop

>Can't have kid with fox until the DLC is localized, if ever
>All of that content you'll probably never see

They get boring fast. Most of them have a small amount of content you burn through too quickly while the day to day farming becomes a chore.

Rune Factory 4 is the exception because it has a story, RPG elements and too much content.

I am in no way a framerate snob but the previous game had some real choppyness. I hope this runs smoother.

looks cute desu, what portrait mod is that?

Only seen iron gold and copper. I need iridium and fucking fire quartz because apparently my fucking game hates me and won't spawn it in the fucking mines fucking ever and it's the last fucking stupid fucking item I need to complete the sodding cunting fucking community centre

Its kinda shit that HM/RF never relased on Steam.
Stardew Valley capitalised on it and sold a shit ton.

Pretty much.
Could still do it though.

Bronze, Iron, Gold and Coal you can buy at the blacksmith.

Quartz you can recycle from Broken Glasses and CDs. Just fish at the pools of water on your farm - you get nothing but garbage.

As for Iridium, you really have no choice as far as I know. You can also buy an Iridium Sprinkler every Friday from Krobus in the Sewer.

Penny is best girl