Alien Swarm: Reactive Drop

ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER BUG HUNT?

Reboot/Rerelease of alien swarn on steam with workshop support, "new" campaigns and weapons up to 8 player co-op. Shit is gonna be good.

Other urls found in this thread:

store.steampowered.com/app/563560/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hopefully this time they won't drop support like a redheaded stepchild. Game had potential but no new content and slow mod upload killed it.

why didnt they make just make a top down starship troopers game? that would be so fucking fun

Yeah this is pretty much it how it is supposed to be there will be more than one campaign and with workshop there will likely end up more community made ones added.

This is pretty much the closest you are gonna get to starship troopers.
store.steampowered.com/app/563560/

>store.steampowered.com/app/563560/
looks cool, i played the original i think. is it free??

>ARE YOU READY FOR ANOTHER BUG HUNT?
Oh fuck yes am I ever

Yeah its free same as the original which is always good for a player base.

I can't wait to die to parasites all over again.

looking forward to it. alien swarm was cool but it had some issues. i seem to recall it being very annoying that one person HAD to be the medic bitch because of the enemy that latched on to you or something?

they did. it's called helldivers and it fucking rules.

Really?

I wanted Alien Swarm to do well because I loved the coop with strangers but it just died immediately.

Holy shit this, I loved playing it but the fact that there was only 1 full campaign level at most was retarded.

Don't worry, already messaged like 3 medics about the news, there is a playerbase afterall

Helldivers were fun if friendly fire were a bit harsh but then again it was part of the theme of being so damn expendable and incompetent grunts. Shame none of my friends wanted to play it.

>Shame none of my friends wanted to play it.
>barely convincing your friends to play local 4 player co-op only to slowly realise every single one of them would have to play the game at home to be able to beat the mission you aren't able to solo and none of them are that into it

I was usually tech or medic if we didn't have one.
Being medic on insane with onslaught was bloody awful.

oh FUCK YOU HAD BETTER NOT BE JOKING OP I AM SO FUCKING READY FOR ANOTHER ALIEN SWARM

Post em.

I was actually more accurate with pistols than I was with the auto aim rifle.

>most played mission
lmao

Thank you OP I really did forget about this gem.

Drop a nuke down a bug hole you've got lot of dead bugs.

when is early 2017

is it right now

Did anyone else play tech just because none of your other friends knew how to play tech

>Playing timor station with firends
>Hey man burn the biomass so the bomb can move while I fight these guys
>Sure thing user
>Why isnt the bomb moving?
>Oh shit I missed a bit
>Where is the mining lazer?
>Errr
He had thrown it over the edge and we had to go all the way back tog et the one from the rocks.

This is medic and tech were the class you play when your friends suck

Alien Swarm died precisely seven years ago, when gaben released the barebones game and didn't even bother to update it for seven years until now.

Thanks I guess. Also this probably means L4D3 is in making

Gaben has done nothing again its literally modders like what happened with AOE 2 HD

oh man oh man OH SHIT OH SHIT OH FUCK I'M SO READY FOR THIS

>a fan made update that basically just sums all the current mods up into one package and adds workshop support means l4d3 is being made

Wait for me to tell you, It's not made by Valve

Too lazy to download PS, paint will do...

Fine by me senpai. That just means it won't immediatly be abandoned and it'll actually release

>PDW
>That one cunt that would always join the team with two of these and then steal all the ammo every time I threw a crate down for everyone.

And that's bad because...?

I hope I can mod in the pulse rifle and xenomorph sounds again without causing texture errors this time

>Heals enemies at incredibly hihg speed.

i hope you can too i get to be corporal hicks though

Yeah, and?

That's cool I want to be Hudson anyway

*blocks your path*

*pops your zit*
heh... too easy...

Oh good. I was wondering why valve would put fucking antlion guards into their separate game, and make all the "new maps" just look like it was made for half life 2.

Now that I know it's a mod those things no longer bug heh me

>antlion guards
To be honest if you didn't know you could easily think they were part of the original.

>that one mentelgen who would carefully burst his secondary and never waste his teammate's ammo

It was better as a mod for UT valve buys up franchises and kills them.

>buys up
They don't buy things they cant make money off. They literally just let them use the source engine to show case to others how versatile it is.

Fucking this. Game just needed good mod support and more content and it could've been GOAT.

That's cool and all but when will we be able to play the aliens and fend off swarms of marines?

Just making you aware thats all.

sentry bitch, reporting for duty, sir.

I hope they have update then Queen model so its fits the design style.

Can't see the old one in my library, I guess this is normal ?

Yep.

Thanks

wait they just removed it? But why?

oh weird. It's still in the steam store and you can still install it. It just doesn't show up if it's not already installed?

because its free it stops hundreds of free games clogging your library.

>clunky source engine but the camera is pulled away

Wow so exciting.

ur mum's exciting you wop fuck

I forgot about this game since it's release, I never really tried it. Maybe I will now.

bullshit me no

might be fun

I liked alien swarm for the week or so when everyone played it, but whats the point of this game now that we have stuff like Hell Divers and the genre isn't exactly empty anymore?

Because this one is free and helldivers has a fuckton of DLC. And I don't like that.