dailymotion.com/video/x597nwl_gascoigne-cucked_videogames
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Axe = Easy modo
Cleaver = Normal mode
Cane = Hard mode

Cane.

>Dying or going back to the hunters dream to level up ever

Bare fist or GTFO

cleaver- for killing early boss quickly. saw bonus+firepaper + beast pellet = makes beast bosses reeee

axe- good for large groups and range.good damage too

cane - good for large groups of enemies . Extremely good range. low damage but one of the fastest weapons (good dps)

Cane is the patrician's choice.

Cane is shit
KirkHammer

Cane

I don't see a Kirkhammer in that picture.

Canebrehs represent. Dat +10 cane damage whipping up niggas like a Castlevania game

Cleaver is best. It's balanced, has good transformation attacks and serrated damage rekts everything in the game. Also, it's more interesting because if most people use the axe in "spin to win" mode where they just spam R2 power attack on transformed mode.

Axe has the best range, rally and damage without being a high level. So it's the best early game.

Quality builds are the best builds though so Cleaver is best late game.

The cane is best if you're a styling mother fucker, cleansing these foul streets.

Right here

Cane is the reddit choice

>le tips my top hat to you, kind gentle sir

Axe/b/ro here. I never could find another weapon I loved as much as the axe.

>cleaver
>axe
literally why

2 boring mundane weapons or a bladed whip that retracts into a cane, if you picked anything but the cane you are what's wrong with the souls community

Kek yeah basically this.

Cleaver can carry you through the whole game. It's fantastic.

Axe is also good, especially if this is your first Souls game.

Cane is garbage.

see

No, pretentious faggots like you who tell others how to play or they're doing it wrong are the problem with the Souls community. Leave the basement and get some pussy.

Cleaver is the best. Had the highest overall dps in the game and is extremely fast and powerful even early on plus it gets bonuses.

>patrician
I, too, love to use the threddit cane. It's the only proper choice for fair gentlemans such as ourselves.
*dons fedora*
*opens door for m'lady*

Hunter's Axe is one of the best weapons in the game for PvE. It might actually be the best weapon in the game. Range, stagger, pancake, rally, crowd control, damage, speed etc...

Cleaver is decent but has shitty stagger and no wide AoE. Inferior to the axe outside of the beast bonus and fairly boring; although it's nice to be able to use a gun while tricked I guess

Cane has no stagger either but has excellent range and AoE and good speed. The damage sucks dick early game though, at least until you get some skill and a few upgrade levels. Fire paper and whatnot can help with damage against the first few bosses

IMO the cane is more fun, but there's no argument for it being better than the axe. The cleaver is whatever

Literal meme weapon

Cane can cheese a lot of stuff once you learn how to use it so I'll go with that.

Cleaver is the best out of those three until you reach the sewers and pick up Saw Spear

you are all my brothers.
the one regret i had playing bloodborne was starting with the cane. nothing feels or looks or sounds or moves or whips or slashes or lashes in a manner as ravishing as the cane. there's no going away from the cane for me.

There's only 1 weapon in that picture

>Cleaver
>shitty stagger

What the fuck are you on? You can stunlock most enemies to death with it. And AoE is hardly necessary with the cleaver's speed and damage.

Beast Cutter is the best weapon in the game

Whip form of the cane rapes Dark Beast bosses (Paarl and Loran). Seriously try it.

>The cleaver is whatever
Cleaver quality build with beasthood has the highest DPS out of anything you mentioned.

I hate Reddit and fedoras, but I pick cane because Konami won't give me a good 3D Castlevania and I need to improvise.

And Amygdala. And Ebrietas. And Hotdog. And Cainhurst Crow.

Ludwigs.

It can't pancake anything. Literally every weapon can "stunlock most enemies".

>AoE is hardly necessary with the cleaver's speed and damage
Never said it was necessary you illiterate fuck, but it's a mark against the weapon when something like the axe can easily clear large groups of enemies (which is half of every area) while the cleaver can only hit one or two at a time.

>muh lategame
Who gives a shit? It's a comparison of the three starting weapons.

>Who gives a shit? It's a comparison of the three starting weapons.
Then the can is also completely shit, way more so than the cleaver. Its damage is piss poor without leveling up and upgrading it.

but at that point you're most of the way through the game anyways. unless you start the game with a quality build and full beasthood dumbass.

also the spear is still better

>It can't pancake anything

That's entirely unnecessary. Groups of weak, staggerable enemies are just not difficult enough to justify the prioritization of AoE.

The best weapons in BB are high DPS weapons, which is where the Cleaver excels.

>DUDE CANE IZ SOOOO EPIC LOL

Who would win in an all-out fight?

Axe for general clearan
Cleaver for speedrunnan
Cane for memean

Probably Fume Knight, if only for his atrocious hitboxes during his second phase

>axefag detected
Kys

Who /skillbuild/ here?

>That's entirely unnecessary
There you go again with that word. I suggesting learning how to read before you reply to posts. It's not "necessary" to use a weapon at all you fucking moron, but that isn't at all relevant to a discussion of the advantages and disadvantages of each weapon.

>The best weapons in BB are high DPS weapons, which is where the Cleaver excels
Some proof that the cleaver has the highest DPS at any stage of the game other than very, very late? Not like this is a valid point regardless since moveset and utility>DPS in every single souls game

>threddit cane

Holy shit

This

Not I, but I want to next time. Any pointers? I've platted that ass but I did NG+ and haven't made an entirely new character yet. I was a strengthfag.

Artorias is a joke
Ludwig is decent
Fume is a beast

Pretty sure he's talking about larger enemies that are normally unstaggerable, like the staff dudes in the cathedral ward. Being able to flatten them with an R2 is actually extremely strong, especially the tricked axe R2 which knocks everything back.

crowd control is insanely important in BB, i'd give the axe the edge on that alone since the cleaver is too narrow and short range

>crowd control is insanely important in BB, i'd give the axe the edge on that alone since the cleaver is too narrow and short range
This.

pffft
Cane (transform) is fucking OP for a start
great range, decent speed , all in all a very good weapon if your going with skill spec
then from there i go with reiterpalasch and its just the best weapon imo

You guys do realize speedrunners pick the cleaver, right?

>Groups of weak, staggerable enemies are just not difficult enough to justify the prioritization of AoE.
Dude what, did we play the same game? The only parts of bloodborne that gave me any trouble at all were groups of """""weak""""" enemies that mob you. I actually started with the cleaver but swapped to the axe around hemwick charnel since I was getting too frustrated. The thought of trying to clear a big group of those jumping worm things with the cleaver makes me want to off myself. Or the brainsuckers in the upper cathedral

>muh lategame
>Who gives a shit? It's a comparison of the three starting weapons.
One of these starting weapons is literally the best late game weapon in the game before dlc. I'll let you guess which.

>crowd control is insanely important in BB
Which is why cane is best weapon :)

Cane if you're a dexfag like me, axe if you're a strengthfag, and the cleaver if you don't know which way you want to go yet.

Blade of Mercy is the best though.

>Fume is a beast
How? He is easy as shit to dodge.

All three are about functionally equal and none of them are particularly good.

Which is why they are starter weapons.

sup faggot

No you stupid fucking faggot, I'm saying the AoE properties are entirely unnecessary. There isn't a single situation in the game where the cleaver can't excel at dealing with multiple enemies at a time.

> moveset and utility>DPS

The true mark of a casual faggot. The best utility is to kill your enemies quickly. Anything else is just compensating for your cerebral palsy tier reactions.

Don't bother replying until you have something worthwhile to say.

In order to put this post in context of whether or not you know what the fuck you're talking about, what are your god tier weapons?

hehe you fool
all weapons are functionally equal
literally you can beat the game with every weapon run if you want to
the game is carefully tailored to deliver a balanced experience

shit damage though. my most recent playthrough was pure skill and holy FUCK i legit walled on the goddamn cleric beast cause i was doing like 40 damage a swing (didn't realize the whip for had the beast bonus, but i doubt it would have done more dps). once i got some upgrades i started shitting on things but definitely not a great weapon for a first playthrough

Post hunters and gear.

Tomb hood, crow body, old hunter gloves and boots.

I really fucking dig that outfit combo actually.

dude git gud
had enough to skill and good gems on my whip and used fire and killed it on my first go
(granted i did stager it once or twice)
but still

>can be parried
your place is in the trashcan next to gwyn

>There isn't a single situation in the game where the cleaver can't excel at dealing with multiple enemies at a time
right so maybe you should play the game before you post about it

>veteran
>casualbabby
>reddit
Literally objective truth.

I got to cleric beast somehow without realising you could get a weapon

Cane all the way

>walled on cleric beast with cane

This is one of those troll posts right?

>blood gems
>cleric beast
Did you skip him and come back at level 40 or something? And we're supposed to think you're a badass?

Yeah, but if you mess one up, you're done for.

Artorias doesn't hit hard enough
Ludwig isn't that hard due to how many vials you have

Skill here with best weapon.

Not him but cane blows ass early. Most of the damage is in the scaling. As far as how powerful the weapons are right at the beginning of the game, the cane is by far the worst. It picks up around Amelia

cleaver is so OP for PvE it shouldn't be allowed.

Cleaver is definitely the best weapon. The dps on it is just ridiculous and the quick attack speed makes it really easy to get in a couple of quick hits between dodges and what not. You will shred through bosses with it. Axe is a solid weapon overall but sadly the spin2win is way too effective and most people will just use it as a cheese weapon whenever the game becomes slightly challenging. Cane is a good weapon but it starts out fairly weak and the attack patterns take some getting used to, usually the tryhard or special snowflake's choice of weapon.

cleaver

implying it is even a contest

dailymotion.com/video/x597nwl_gascoigne-cucked_videogames

>AoE is useless
okay bud

Henryk's set or gtfo

This is unironicall the best weapon because thrust damage.

The left one is by far the most butt-fucking ugly weapon I've ever seen. Keyblade XxXnoscope360 bullshit included.

>the charged R2 is too good therefore the cleaver is the best weapon
Did this make sense in your head?

>Celestial Emissary
>literally the easiest boss in the game
What are you trying to prove?

I'm SL 100 with 45 vit running a wheel +10 and can't beat ludwig.

and I can't "git gud" because that HMS kills my FPS and causes input lag that I can't deal with.

Lies

>tfw finally deleted bloodborne the other day because ps4 has zero space (runs out with like 2 games installed ffs)
>tfw regret it already
tsk

>tricked form has thrust damage for every attack
>can slap some thrust gems and get a better AR than regular 27%'s
>righteous damage
>serrated damage

It really is the best weapon.

>HMS kills my FPS and causes input lag that I can't deal with
What? Why would your machine handle him differently? The sword part is the easy phase anyways; he can't really combo you and has that one cone attack that lets you get in like 10 hits and a visceral

My current playthrough is all STR (+9 Ludwig's fucking destroys everything holy shit) but I'm thinking of doing ARC my next playthrough. Purposefully sold the Moonlight Sword to make it more interesting.

I didn't kill anyone, i ran past trying to find a weapon

I could look up videos of the fight but I don't think the machine handles it differently, I assumed everyone got 7 FPS during those parts. I think it's just a problem I have with the sudden switch in delay when he winds up some of his most powerful attacks.

This. On my fourth playthrough, and I haven't used anything other than the axe

Maybe I wasn't clear enough on it but the cleaver is the most damaging weapon of them all by far. Once you're good at the game you don't need that cheese shit to beat anything and you'll get through things faster and more effectively with a cleaver.

I've played the game, I know how cane is early on. His problems go beyond having lower damage. Cane has an excellent move set, good range, and bonus damage against beasts. The low damage at start shouldn't be a problem if he takes time to figure out how to properly use the weapon.

since this seems to be the resident bloodborne thread

>playing through DLC
>get past the research hall and to lady maria
>setup is amazing, music is amazing, setting is amazing, hype is unreal
>love those "duel" fights in souls games
>blindly mash L2, parry her like six times and the fight is over in under a minute
>not even good at parrying
>tfw disappointed
why the fuck was she parryable in her second and third phases. what a fucking joke i'm legit pissed

I've branched out a little bit just for fun but yeah I'm just never as good with anything else.