Tfw you git so gud none of your friends will play with you any more

>tfw you git so gud none of your friends will play with you any more

Tfw so good you never ever lose so you quit the game due to lack of challenge.

Happened to me with Hearthstone, just quit Paladins too.

>Dont know if I got gud or I'm playing against guys who are just being retards

Happened to me in MKX ontop of it being a pretty shallow fighter. 9/10 people were always braindead shitters or guys who played the game way to much.

>tfw so gud only play game in head

>Paladins

I thought it would be fun to be the best player around

>watch your friends blow a good opportunity to make some jokes

welp, guess i'm just unfunny

>got "good" at Hearthstone

It's like the fucking Special Olympics in here.

>tfw you need to play 10000 hours to git gud

I got bored of winning regularly so I made a frost mage deck that countered everything the other player could do and I would always make them lose by drawing cards to death. I never lost once with that deck and I played like 50 rounds with it. Downside was each match was 30 minutes long.

>tfw you're so bad you don't wanna play with your friends because you don't wanna drag them down

>tfw you git so gud everyone you play instantly becomes butthurt and quits in fear of facing you again
>game was already obscure

>tfw you solod to global elite only to never have friends who wanted to play with you
>you used videogames to escape studies
>you are now unemployable for any kind of job that lets you move out of your parents home and you think about suicide all the time constantly no matter what you're doing
>tfw this is not a life you have any interest in living but the only reason you havent killed yourself yet is because it would destroy your family

I think about making it look like an accident all the time, but i think they would figure it out

>Put just a tiny bit of effort into learning fighting games.
>Friend doesn't want to play with me anymore.

>friend displays as offline on bnet
>can see she's on and playing on discord
desu if you don't wanna play with me that's cool but like, that makes me insecure senpai

>Go on a win streak of 10 and the oppossing players plays like a 110% tryhard just to beat you
Nigga chill I aint putting that much effort in to win.

that's me in Halo splitscreen, I knew every map back to front and was just toying with everyone

I even offered to play 1v3...

>tfw you got so gud that you started imposing handicaps on yourself
>tfw you never lose even with handicaps

you can appear offline on bnet now?

Well time to play MTG now I guess, call me when you'll win those Pro Tours / GPs.

gee I can list all the games this has happened for me

>All smash bros games
>Company of heroes
>super mario strikers
>rocket league

I'm not even that good at these games

osu!

Fair enough I fell behind because I didn't play it for months but you can't expect me to get into it again and build up if you moan about how slow everything is

Happened to me with the latest Mortal Kombat. I've never even played it before, I was just the only one with experience in fighting games and knew how to use projectiles and anti-airs

To be fair, some of the MK specials are indeed complete bullshit though

>making your own rules in singleplayer games to keep it fun and challenging

>they beat me so they're tryhards
Bad babbies first excuse.

maybe not
maybe I'm just really autistic and get too attached to people to the point where I trick myself into believing they don't like me

u need to get help user

>showing your powerlevel with casual friends

in college my roommates and I would play melee. I would purposefully keep it close or occasionally lose while practicing interesting techs. I could easily 4 stock most of them but I wanted people to keep playing with

>tfw suck at multiplayer vidya
>too embarrassed to play online, let alone with friends
>basically feel retarded

fuck my life

>used to play competitive tf2 back in the day.
>unironically one of the best soldiers in my country.
>got bored.
>just want to have fun in casual games with friends.
>tfw no friends anymore.
>just want to play casual tf2 with buddies after work to relax.

I don't know what to feel.

mtg is for the birds

>standard is a format for retards who want to spend 300 dollars on a deck that becomes worthless in a year
>modern is a format for retards who want to spend 1000 dollars on a deck
>vintage is a format for mongoloids who want to spend 50000 dollars on a deck

>Tfw spent 4k+ hours on TF2
>still average at it.

sounds like you need to git gud, scrublords

Play a different game

>tfw to smart to lose on purpose so friends don't get discouraged from playing.

hold back your powerlevel then or play with handicaps.

whoa really?

>Mention all shitty constructed modes

>four of us like to play melee every week
>one guy always wins no matter what

it gets tiring

just practice in between sessions and then facerape him

>tfw so good my friends banned me from playing my main
>use a different character and they rage quit midway into the match
>I have lose a round or a match just to make them keep playing with me

>Quake
>Q3A
>Unreal
>UT2k4
>UT3
>CS
>CS:S
>CS:GO
>HL2:DM
>NOLF
>Murder Miners
>Rune: Classic
>Cube 2: Sauerbraten
>Frozen Synapse
>Metroid Prime: Hunters

Being good at something is a fucking curse.
Now we just watch movies and play racing games ;_;

Yup.

>CS source
>Starcraft 2
>CS Go
>Dota 2

Fuck my friends.

>tfw you are that guy
>tfw they start to team up and you still win

Feels good. Well, until I play my brother who wins 9 times out of 10 when we play.

>shittiest games
>frog poster

Sure, skill is the reason.

forgot
>Super Mario War
>Spelunky
>Anamaton
>New Super Mario Bros DS
>WC3
>SC2
>Starjewelled

We used to have so much fun

Try playing good games??

i'm not allowed to play bomberman anymore with my friends

>the game you got gud at was Worms Armageddon

Get 14 champions to mastery 4, then walk into ranked.

Casual matchmaking is a fuckfest, if you're remotely better than the average damage player you can easily carry a team to victory. On top of this, MMR/ELO is pretty much thrown out the window as soon as you run into grouped players.

Ranked matchmaking is incredibly sterile in comparison, but that's because of the extra protections to make sure players have to have a diverse champ pool before entering.

Happened to me in USF4.

I used to play with a friend every weekend but i got miles better than my friend, one day he lost 20 matches in a row and just stopped playing the game with me.

I kinda understand because i do the same thing with SF3. if the dude is too good i simply say gg and go play some one else, there's really no point in keep playing if the guy is miles better it will either be too frustrating for me because i'll get beaten too death every time but it will also be boring as fuck for the experienced guy because he will either have no enjoyment out of it or he wont play serious and will just dick around until he gets bored.

>never get good at any game ever
>still lose all my friends because i'm borderline and have an anxiety disorder

My friends did this to me in overwatch. Mobatype shit is so unfun with friends

risk of rain?

>play third strike with bros semi-regularly
>try to get them into SFV but I stomp them to hard so we just revert to 3S
I thought I lost but I really won

This happened somewhat with overwatch

Before ranked came out, my entire friend group had no issues playing with each other. Everyone had fun, even people who weren't very good at it. The game is designed around making you feel like you're good at it, even if you aren't. When ranked came out, the disparity in skill was really apparent between everyone. Me and one other guy calibrated like 64 or 65, someone else got 55, and everyone else was below 50. Nobody wanted to play with each other after that. The people who weren't very good saw they were shit, the other higher rated guy didn't want to play with them because they were too low.

Nobody didn't even want to do casual after that. Quickplay got filled with fucking retards so games were never good, and ranked put too much stress on people since we clearly weren't matched up by skill level. The game stopped feeling fun and everyone stopped playing. Ranked killed Overwatch for my group of friends, like when the game first came out I had 20+ bnet people playing it. Nowadays? There's 0.

>Only friend that plays Smash (P:M) isn't very good
>Around the strength of a level 9 CPUs
>Win 7/8 times
>The only time the fight is "even" is when he picks Warioman or Giga Bowser (it's not very fun though)
>Literally no way of playing smash seriously anymore

>midwest_fighting_game_scene_that_isnt_chicago.txt

Why does this part of the country have to be full of whiny, passive-aggressive bitches?

I do this in Civ games because I find them more fun when I'm not playing optimally.

I come up with handicaps that go with my current civs history. Like not expanding much, not very scientific etc.

go to tournaments or use anthers ladder, guarantee there will be at least one person who will give you a good beating

i can't beat his dedication--he lives and breathes melee. practices once a day and keeps up with every streamed tournament.

i just can't compete with that

>Find PM fun
>All firends I know play PM on dolphin
>combination of a decent laptop, spotty connection, they live on the other side of the continental United States = lol have fun with lag spikes every 5 seconds
>only melee could run good and that is just cancer
Fuck

I play on Wii and I'm European

>play sonic and sega allstars racing with real life friends everyday on an old 360
>always win
>others don't want to play anymore and say it is my fault
what do

Get a handicap and be the mmysterious undergeared legend Gregor

>First time playing F-Zero GX with some friends
>Instantly start winning every race
>They shut the system off after a few races because salt
Haven't played it since.

>tfw quit hearthstone because i never win

In my circle of friends i'm unbeatable at the following:

any quake or unreal game
any street fighter game
any cs game
any tf game
any f-zero game
any mario kart game
any smash game
any tekken game

so naturally they don't play with me anymore.

in fact i dont have friends anymore.

Happened to me with Street Fighter and Smash Bros. Sometimes I'd use characters I wasn't good with or even secretly throw a match but they'd still get frustrated and quit.

>tfw no natural talent with fighting games and friends beat you easily when someone buys a new game
>tfw you have no life and put in ten times as many hours into the game compared to friends
>tfw you start winning and keep it a secret just how much you play the game when they're not around

>ive never owned a console
>have best friend that grew up on consoles, he's really good at cod mw on console crushes me everytime
>constantly berates me telling me i suck lack skill bad at games etc
>tell him i grew up on pc, ive never owned a console
>"nah id beat your ass ten times harder on pc"
>he gets a pc
>"hey user ready to get your ass beat at CoD MW no hiding now!"
>he literally didnt kill me once, proving my point.
>he raged, blamed everything apart from himself and ran back off to his console safety zone

this has happened multiple times with different games now. he actually downloaded hacks once and i still beat him. he then accused me of hacking myself.

we are no longer friends

Flash news, it's all about social skills

I have to throw games or nobody would play with me.

Necessary evil, i suppose.

I have to turn up the handicap and use the gamepad in smash 4 just so things aren't awkward

>being friends with LTG

Robin ?

My friend would have tantrums if he lost too much in fighting games. He'd start screaming and throw his controller. To try and keep him calm I'd let him beat me once in a while. It was really annoying to deal with.

>play with friend who is worse at the game
>they try to prove themselves
>they get frustrated over things that aren't problems
>they have inflated self-importance and think they're contributing more to the team than they really are
>they stop playing and go back to [insert casual flavor of the month here]
>can only play those garbage games with them or nothing

you need to ditch this friend

>Tfw you wanna play but your friends just wanna fuck around

We used to play Q3A, NOLF and UT2k4

Now we play Jackbox games