Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yl6QM4hUft8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Have a huge soft spot for X4

the first one

Either 3, 4, 5, or 8.

ZX Advent

X5

If we talk about the Zero series I'd say 3.

X6
Other ones were too easy to carry the "megaman" name on the box.

I like 3, 4, and 8

looks like its just gonna be another shitposting thread

This one

the first one everything else was trying to recapture that magic

The first. The rest vary from bad to ok. Classic and Zero are better.

I disagree

x6 isnt hard as much as its cheap

X and x2
X4 was good
X5 was meh..
X6 was...trash.

X4

X6 was too full of terribly implemented gimmicks and stage design to carry the "Megaman" name on the box.

X, X2 or X4 are your only real choices

git gud
git gud

2 > 1 > 4 = 3 >>>>>>>>> * >>>>>> shit >>>> every other X game

This
4 is still the best tho

I like the first one a lot, best design I think so far but I've only played the first 3.
I think so far it goes like X > X3 > X2 ( I think X2 is much more boring and the levels feel very empty, but it does have bubble crab theme so I can forgive the game a bit)

X1>X2>X4>X3>X8>X6>X5>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X7

Every classic Mega Man game that isn't Mega Man 1 or Mega Man & Bass aren't that difficult though

mighty number 9

X1 is more magical and dearer to me but X2 is the best X game.

Ok

MvCI
INFO WHEN

X1 is the best, X4 is also very good. X2 and X8 are okay (2 is better than 8), X3 and X5 are bad, X6 and X7 are awful.

X series along with last minute decline of Classic ruined Mega Man's reputation and condemned him to handheld hell until he withered and died.

The game's difficulty only comes from bad design, it wasn't meant to be 'le git gud gaem' which is evident by the fact that almost every boss fight in the game is a pushover that takes less effort than chill penguin.
Why am I even bothering with explaining this, no one actually likes X6 anyways, its just meme to like it.

It's not about being good at the game, there are some objectively bad design decisions behind it.

Anyway....

1 > 2 > 4 > 3 = 5 > 6 = 8 > 7

That said, I do enjoy them all except for 7.

X1 or X2, X4 is the meme choice.

X4 > X1 > X8 > MHX > X2 = X3 = X5 > CM > Xtreme >>>>>>>>> X7 = Xtreme2 > X6

You mean the good taste choice? Because those games are the pinnacle of the series lmao

Threadly reminder:

Nope, the lackluster level design really holds it back. Once you past the first 8 stages they pretty much stopped giving a fuck.

The PSX games aged like milk and the SNES games, while good, don't have nearly the depth and content that 8 has.

8 doesn't get enough attention because it followed the worst game in the series.

But I didn't mention X3,X5, X6 or X7??

^ This

I know. X4's level design is not as good as X1's or X2's. A couple of the levels are so lazy that they put you almost right in front of the boss door.

Though I disagree on your opinion of the PS1 games, I agree that X8 don't get enough attention, and gets too much shit just because it came out after the disastrous X6 and X7.

Which is funny considering outside of a few blunders like BN4 and Zero 1 he had a very strong handheld game.

>the SNES games, while good, don't have nearly the depth and content that 8 has.

That's not necessarily a bad thing though. X1 is my favorite for that very reason.

Definitely X4.

X4 > X2 > X1 > X5 > X3 > The rest

X8's level design is a bit too gimmicky for my liking.

>A couple of the levels are so lazy that they put you almost right in front of the boss door.
That literally happens in X1, you just get plopped a few screens below the boss door, and X2's final stage is the epitome of laziness, they just copy/pasted Magna Centipede's stage.

1 3 and 4 are my favorites. Played 1 so much it's not a challenge anymore, wich is a bit boring though. Can beat it in less than an hour

X1 was the best, X2 made it more difficult, X3 is a fucking joke, X4 = X5, X6 is shit.

but the game isnt really hard

Tied between X1 and X4
Anyone saying otherwise is an idiot

not that dude but almost all of X4's feels like a straight line
i mean 1 and 2 had enough deviation to at least feel more then just walk forward

Never reply to me ever again.

This, 1000 times this. I love X8 but I can't believe they thought it would be a good idea to make half the stages auto-scrollers. It makes the game feel like a chore - almost every stage is "that part" which makes you not want to replay it. The gimmicky nature of its levels is only matched by Classic 8, which surprise surprise is also one of the least interesting classic games.

okay

Saved

X4 or X1
Maverick hunter X is close

>That literally happens in X1, you just get plopped a few screens below the boss door

Don't recall anything like that, aside from the final stage but that's par for the course. Even some of the shorter stages like Sigma 2 is nowhere near as bad as what X4 does. The 2nd Final Weapon stage in X4 consists of 5 seconds of walking. The 3rd stage is almost as egregious.

Even the stages that don't do that are really not good. The 2nd half of Frost Walrus's stage consists of breaking ice blocks ad nauseum, Storm Owl and Slash Beast are incredibly bland straight lines with no verticality to speak of. Split Mushroom takes the elevator gimmick from Boomer Kuwanger's stage and lengthens it more than necessary.

As a whole, it's unquestionably a step down in level design.

>X4 = X5
Not with Duff mcwhalen stage, crap part system, RNG ending, alia being annoying as fuck, meh/bs final stages, worse sigma fight than X4 etc

>RNG ending
I don't think a lot of people realize that you can still not destroy the meteor with all parts
its happened to me like 5 times
its a small percentage but its still a thing

I don't get it

Nah, I can acknowledge that it isn't the best, but for some weird reason it's my favorite. Could just be since I've gone through the first two so damn many times already.

its a sword fighting game

It's because they strayed further and further away from people's recognition of Mega Man. The Zero series was, well, Zero, not Mega Man or even a blue guy, and was followed up by some henshin based metroidvania-ish thing where in the first game you look like a Mega Man for all of 30 minutes, and in Advent you don't look like anything.

Battle Network had a pretty different visual style too, and also played wildly different. That series had its ups and downs and they followed up on it with yet another thing that didn't feel like Mega Man but this time it was also a complete step down and even alienated BN fans, never finding its footing until it was too late.

X1>X4>X2>X8>>>>>SHIT>>>>>X3>X6>X5>X7

This is (((((fact))))).

so what? Games can be liner and fun

Go on

X and X2 are the best, X3 is OK, the rest are shit.

>The 2nd Final Weapon stage in X4 consists of 5 seconds of walking.
Final Weapon 2 has much more to it than that though, they place you a few screens front of a boss door, but then there's an actual level after that boss, and at the end you fight another another boss.
>The 2nd half of Frost Walrus's stage consists of breaking ice blocks ad nauseum
Not the whole way, only for the first half of that part, which can easily be compared to having to wait for the blocks in Magna Centipede's stage, which is just as tedious, also Frost Walrus's stage is cool as fuck for the fact that you get two songs for the same stage, I really wish that that was prevalent in all the stages.
>Storm Owl and Slash Beast
I can see what you're saying with Storm Owl, though technically there are bits of verticality in there, but you cannot complain about Slash beast when is come to verticality, 80% of the stage takes place on train, there's is no logical reason for it to be vertical at all.
>Split Mushroom takes the elevator gimmick from Boomer Kuwanger's stage and lengthens it more than necessary.
While the elevator may be longer, Split mushroom's stage is overall much more interesting vertical climb than Boomer Kuwanger's, since Boomer Kuwanger's stage is just a straight climb up with a vertical point at the beginning that lasts for 15 seconds at most, while Split Mushroom has multiple horizontal points, with some such as the stairs making you feel like you're still climbing upwards to the top.

how about kill yourself

>vertical point at the beginning that lasts for 15 seconds
Meant to say horizontal.

doesnt necessarily make them good either though
the level design in x4 felt increadibly dumbed down because of it

im drawing a complete blank here when it comes to witty puns i can make here

uh, the game was Sup Forumss flavor of the mouth about 3 years ago

how about no u

just fucking say its for super deepthroat faggot

POST BEST GIRLS

The first game is by far the best with the second right behind it.

3 had a significant drop in quality but still good.

4, while good, is overrated imo. Fortress stages are garbage in that game.

5 would be really good if Alia would stfu and if Whale stage didn't exist.

6 has so many damn flaws yet I still really like it somehow.

7 should burn to the ground

8 is ok

>Zero keeps being a brooding faggot over Iris instead of groping those underboobs.

quit being a faggot

I know what Super Deepthroat is but I forgot about the customization. I'm not big on flash games

I remember someone making a romhack to pretty much remove Alia's event triggers from the game.

the japanese version default doesnt have them

>but then there's an actual level after that boss, and at the end you fight another another boss.

Yeah, that's a completely different level. It's also incredibly short for an "actual level".

>Not the whole way, only for the first half of that part, which can easily be compared to having to wait for the blocks in Magna Centipede's stage, which is just as tedious

Uh, no, the blocks in Magna Centipede's stage require hardly any waiting at all, and some can be entirely circumvented. The two are not comparable.

>but you cannot complain about Slash beast when is come to verticality, 80% of the stage takes place on train, there's is no logical reason for it to be vertical at all.

A level needs to be interesting more than it needs to make logical sense. And Slash Beast's level is not interesting in the slightest.

>while Split Mushroom has multiple horizontal points, with some such as the stairs making you feel like you're still climbing upwards to the top.

Those are the least interesting parts of the stage. A literal straight line where you can just jump over everything.

X2 is the most well made IMO. It's the one that feels the most like a platformer rather than how the rest of the series focuses more on clearing enemies and as a Classic fan, I like that a lot. Starting with the dash is great and all the armor parts are awesome and feel like a natural progression from the first game's.

Only thing that sucks about it is that it doesn't have the level changing mechanic that X1 and X3 do, so it feels like the odd one out.

>1997 and best game in the series
This is what entitled looks like

>X5 has some of the slowest, most boring boss fights.
>The obligatory endgame boss rush fucking triples their HP.

oh your opinions are fact now
for a second i thought we could actually have a good thread about megaman x

Well it's a interesting thing as some of the beta versions of the game up to the release didn't have Alia stopping the player so they had to have been a last minute addition.

Does anyone have that video where a guy shows all the bullshit in X6?

"Which is the best/worst" is never a good way to start a thread.

agreed

but x6 is a flawless masterpiece that can do no wrong and is the greatest game in the world
anyone who points out flaws in this game just need to git gud