Cool battles/cut scenes in video games thread?

Cool battles/cut scenes in video games thread?

youtube.com/watch?v=GVrXW0WVXYw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AgYxMVRtJr4
youtube.com/watch?v=xpTPpglhKsE
youtube.com/watch?v=zJvJFIiqaVA
youtube.com/watch?v=OLm_Gem41HA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The final battle in Mass Effect 1 was pretty good.

Very cool scene, but Cailen's a fucking dumbass and Loghain was right to betray him. Ostagar was a fortress, the game even goes out of it's way to tell you that Fereldans successfully used it's defensible walls to drive off wilders many times in the past. So what does Cailen do? Line his army up outside the wall and face the darkspawn siege horde head on.

It's the equivalent of King Theoden lining up his army right outside of Helm's Deep and saying "I got this."

youtube.com/watch?v=AgYxMVRtJr4

Cailan was retarded as a military commander, but Loghain was an immeasurably worse ruler in his stead. He was right to save the army from annihilation but he bungled pretty much every decision from that point onwards.

I quite enjoyed the story book like cutscene battle in Pillars of Eternity.

why did he wait until the beacon was lit to bail? He could've done so earlier, that way it wouldn't have looked so much like betrayal.

>no Coryphius assaulting Skyhold cutscene.
Inquisition was one big disappointment.

>spend most of the game rebuilding and fortifying your fortress as it gradually fills with more troops
>it is never put into use or even threatened in any way

Why

Duncan should have been firmer with him but it's understandable how he'd tiptoe around him since the Gray Wardens were listened to at his discretion and mainly on the basis for his desire for glory and love of legends too hence the foolhardy frontal assault.

If Cailan wasn't such a glory hound tard then Loghain could have defeated the darkspawn and everyone could have lived happily ever after.

Reminder that Loghain did his best to convince Cailan to stay out of the battle.

>Reaper requires alot of effort to kill in ME1
>Just kill 'em like flies in 3
rlly mad me fink

Not really. Loghain's problem is he's not a Bioware character aka he doesn't account that Grey Warden's "only WE can stop the Blight" bullshit may actually have some credibility. He's also a hardcore Ferelden nationalistic, but also happens to be right because the king was having an affair with the empress.

>>Just kill 'em like flies in 3
.. what

It takes the whole quarian fleet + the normandy to take one down in ME3

Sephard also solo's one with a missile targeting bazooka.

At the end the combined fleets face off against 1,000s of them and arent wiped out in 10 seconds flat.

Did you even play the game? That's the one I'm talking about, and it's a device that aims the canons of the whole fleet of the reaper weak point

They're all wiped or routed in a few hours actually, the whole point of the final attack is to allow the normandy to reach the ground

If you played Inquisition then you know that Coryphaeus not attacking skyhold was one of the smaller errors they made in that game.

Quite a temperament you have, reminds me of a woman.

It was one of the bigger let-downs for how much focus was put on it. My expectations were pretty low in every other regard, but after seeing Haven get attacked I figured the giant fortress would have some actual use.

The final battle could have EASILY have happed at Skyhold with Cory lifting it through the breach instead it happened at some random place? I can't remember.

I don't get the reference

you ever heard of the hammer and anvil strategy? Alexander used it to kick ass all over his empire and its still a valid military strategy

Loghain was the hammer and directly fucked everyone by bailing

This scene gave me goosebumps and I literally made an entirely separate save just so I could watch it over and over.
youtube.com/watch?v=xpTPpglhKsE

>Reminder that Loghain did his best to convince Cailan to stay out of the battle.

I can roll with this. It's probable Loghain knew the battle would turn to shit and planned to abandon the field anyway, Cailan safe with him as well.

I still think these cutscenes were nuts for their time
youtube.com/watch?v=zJvJFIiqaVA

reminder Loghain was super butthurt about the french and probably planned Cailan's death to keep them out and his daughter in power

youtube.com/watch?v=OLm_Gem41HA

That's sovereign tho, not an ordinary reaper.