Lots of awesome Alien races

>Lots of awesome Alien races.
>Here...you can only be a human.
Why is this allowed?

Because it's an interactive story with RPG and TPS elements about a human soldier in the mass effect story line.

The multiplayer allows you to play as multiple races

Because Bioware is fucking lazy and you should stop beating a dead horse.

>tfw i still love the ME series and i miss my bros (Wrex and Garrus)

Mass Effect 1 had the story centered around humans being newcomers into the galaxy so it made sense. And since 2 and 3 had the same MC it made sense for them as well.

Are there other games you are referring to?

one of the themes is literally about humans trying to find their place in the galaxy
>"why do you play as a human"

Bioware thinks people need human characters in order to relate to them.

Because the story is about you being the leading role of human's foray into a galactic inter-species alliance. Of course this gets dropped halfway through the first game, so I understand why you'd think it's fine to allow the player to pick a race.

It's a tailored story.

So they didn't need to record more than 2 voices for the player character.

Yeah, it weird how the series turned into Battlestar Galactica.

> Implying that all they wouldn't have to do is put a reverb or other effects over male/female voice for Turians and Krogans.

It's just extra work; recording dialogue takes the least time, tardo.

>xenophiles
how reddit can you be?

You'd have to rerecord every possible line that addresses the player character's race and record new lines for possible interactions because of your race not just for the player character, but for other NPCs.

Way more work than that. They'd have to rewrite the whole story and tailor it to a 'One size fits all' story like Dragon Age 1 and DAI.

>Why is this allowed?
What did he mean by this?

You still wouldn't need more than 2 people.

You would because people would complain if you played as a Krogan that just sounded like Meer with some reverb.

honestly, I'm sick and tired of high cost famous vas.
Voice acting should just be adequate. Passable. Okay. Not something that limits story because it's expensive.

They should just go back to having purely text based RPGs.

Because humans are the new race that needs to find its place among....
LOL JK
Humans are center of everything. Even the Citadel gets parked on Earth.

AND whole mass effect 2 is about creating a human Reaper...in a form that makes no sense.

Shepard is Jesus and one human must decide the fate of universe.

Shit in, shit out, shit all about.

should have done this a long time ago, but you inspired me to add another cringing memepost to my filter list, kudos op!

>y...you need to be human to relate to

Pretty is only done to appeal to normies.

Wasn't playable alien races one of the biggest requests with Mass Effect Andromeda to the point where it even got included in the internal pitch for the game in 2013?

Not even a fan of this series but I remember hearing about that shit.

Most Mass Effect fans want multiple race options. Too bad EA probably shot it down, and only wants humans because normies (the biggest casual market) only care about humans.

>Lots of awesome Alien races
Such as? The only interesting species in the franchise are the Hanar. Rest are just not-humans 2.0

>wanting to play any other species other than based humanity
What are you a species traitor faggot. You have to be 18 to post here you 12 year old autist.

>My opinion is fact.