Do you rent games?

Do you rent games?

No i fuck them ugh ugh fuck me daddy!

I redboxed MvC3 once. Was okay.

I rented Until Dawn and Resident Evil 7.

Worth it.

I used to when the option was available, but pirating is a nice substitute.

Vidya rental store was the comfiest place in the world as a kid

>parents take me to rent a game on friday
>complete it over the weekend
>all for just £3
>tfw stores shut down 12 years ago

Yeah, from redbox pretty often.

Rented dudesex mandid and beat it pacifist in about 8 hours.
Rented FFXV and beat it in like 40 hours or around there.
Gonna rent horizon zero dawn and probably beat it in like 5 hours.

It's so cheap, I really don't understand why companies would ever put their shit in a redbox. It seems like a terrible idea for profits unless it's a call of duty or battlefield that'll have copies moving in and out constantly.

used to have that switch pass for 30 bucks every 2 months that let me grab whatever game I wanted. Didn't buy games for the longest time because of it.

No, but there's 10 million people who use Steam.

Yeah, I use Steam

ZING

Did a free trial from Gamefly for a month. Wasn't bad. Never actually rented games before.

Cancelled the subscription before the month was up because there wasn't shit to rent. All of the vaguely good shit wasn't going to come out till March.

I MISS IT

Gamefly is bae.

i use gamefly. games usually take only 1 business day after returning a game to get here because theres a distribution center near by my place.

i personally like it because it allows me to play a bunch of random games i probably would never buy.

Why do people like you exist? You don't even enjoy games. You just play them to beat them quickly as possible, like it's some chore.

No, I'm autistic and insist on collecting physical copies of games.

Not really. I beat FFXV with all but the superdungeon beaten.

dudesex was boring as shit and I did the only sidestories that interested me and actually went anywhere (serial killer and bank stuff)

Damn, on average how much did you play a day?

like 12 hours. I have nothing else to do while i'm telemarketing, so I play vidya. The hunting shit and 99% of the side missions in FFXV only take time because they're somewhere the car doesn't get so you're stuck spamming warp or dashing there while you try to not fall asleep in the bland as fuck environment.

The enemies are all a joke and are easily defeated if you grind enough, including shit like adamantoise, and the superbosses, but as I said, I wasn't really interested in grinding my ass off to beat a boss that was gonna be exactly the same as every other one, with me abusing warp strikes.

It's the furthest thing from rushing games, I have so much time to play them that most games are extremely flawed because they expect you to play like a half hour/hour a day.

I used Redbox for Yakuza 0 and rushed through it in a weekend. It felt good, and I actually felt an urgency to play and finish a game again. I'm gonna do the same for Horizon ZD.

they don't have yak 0 at redbox.

>having to grind in FFXV

christ, you must have really sucked at the game.

the game is more gear dependent than level dependent.

In a way. I get used games from game stops and return them 6 days later during lunch. I come back in the evening and pick it up (used) again and repeat until I beat it.

>Do you rent games?
In my country they rent out games only per mail and it costs 10 € per week.

Are you saying that hunting missions aren't just grinding the same palette swapped enemies over and over?

>local store closes after years of service
>sell off all their games and movies
>don't find out until after all of the good stuff is long gone

FUCK, I put Yakuza 0 back in the Redbox and sent RE7 to Gamefly.

I torrent them