Zelda

>Sup Forums favorite Zelda is Twilight Princess

Explain

strawpoll.me/12394470

Sup Forums is around the age of 17-24 so twilight princess is their nostalgia

At least Meme Waker didn't get it.

>top five are all 3d games.

Disgusting

As opposed to being older so you like the other games for nostalgia?

Hating Twilight Princess is a meme.

Just like hating FF7 and any Mario platformer.

Get over yourselves. Wind Waker had great concepts but it was an unfinished game. There's no reason to praise it as much as contrarians do.

>enjoying wolf and dark shit twilight world

That constant noise in the background during twilight is awful

>Assuming

Wolf Link was the worst part of the game and at worse, it was just mediocre.

Although, I admit that I loved the statues that you howled at, in order to summon OoT Link to teach you new moves

You can acknowledge flaws and still think a game is amazing user.

At least it was a finished product.

It's only the first half of the game and the first one is over with in minutes and the second one doesn't take that long either. The only one that really takes any time is the Lake Hylia/Zora's Domain tear hunt and even then it's blown out of proportion.

Wind waker felt finished to me. Just because it didnt have whatever element you feel makes a game finished doesnt matter.

Id rather have a sort game that is fun, wind waker. Than twilight, which is a padded game full of nothing.

Wind waker had personality, it pulled you into the game. Twilight princess, just like skyward sword, was a grind to get through. It always had that, maybe it will get better feel.

Wind waker was good in every part of the game except searching the ocean for the triforce, which was fixed in the hd version. Hd twilight coulsnt fix how awful dog link was

Not really, only retarded morons voted for BotW. It's not even out yet.

It is a crime against humanity that LttP isn't at least no. 3 though.

Fucking WW fans...

>At least it was a finished product.
All Gamecube era games were rushed. TP was a Gamecube era game, too.
And when did unfinshed meant unplayable? OoT and MM are more finished than poor man's OoT.

Sorry but most people disagree with you. Wind Waker was rushed. Hell, they scraped two dungeons and just made them mini islands that you collect items on.

Anyone who claims it was finished is lying or nostalgic.

Lol Twilight Princess, if anything, was too long and had too much in it.

What the hell are you talking about?

No one said Wind Waker was unplayable.

Why do Wind Waker fans assume so much and put words in people's mouths?

>having an opinion that the majority of the population holds makes said opinion mean nothing
FF7 is fucking trash.

Ah the zelda cycle has struck again I see, this time it's twilight princesses time to acclaimed. It was wind waker's turn 6 years ago and it will be skyward sword's turn in 6 years time

>Why do TP fans assume
Fixed. Literally the TPfags started shit in this very thread, yet it's apparently nothing wrong with that.

Never said or implied that opinion means nothing. Just that it is a shit opinion.

That's number three.

While I do believe the Zelda cycle is real (OoT clone then Non-OoT clone, etc.) this is not the case.

Wind Waker was unfinished. It could have been a masterpiece but Nintendo dropped the ball.

Twilight Princess was exactly what fans were asking for, albeit with a bit too much.

>Thread literally started by a Wind Waker poster

Holy shit, that's number four.

Can we stop with this?

Skyward sword has been out five and a half years and most people still can it one of the worst zelda games.

People thought that years ago, they still think that

This.

Skyward Sword is the only Zelda I can pick up and not have the will to finish, because it's such garbage.

Philip games don't count

Its a shame because the art style is so nice, some of the characters are fun, the idea of the sky world is cool.

It has all this potential. I really want to like the game. But i cant get into it. Ive never even finished it. Ill start it and quit

It is happening again
It is happening again

My God, people who make up shit to fit this "Zelda cycle" theory are just as bad as Nintendo, trying to shit out some convoluted timeline theory.

It fits near perfectly; majoras mask is old, wind waker is overrated and tp is the new best game

I think me not finishing Skyward Sword initially speaks numbers to me on how I actually feel about the game. Every other Zelda I played start to finish, but not Skyward Sword years ago. I did finally start a new game a few weeks ago and managed to finish it and I have a new appreciation for it and consider it a good game. But now I'm replaying Twilight Princess again (which I did from start to finish in 2008) and it really is still a better game. Some things Skyward Sword improved upon. Controversial opinion here, but I think overall the combat was potentially better with the motion controls, it showed on some fights, but was mostly wasted on the majority of enemies and you just want to run past them.

The story was only interesting during the opening and during the end to me, too. It didn't feel like anything was happening in-between.

But man, some of the boss fights were really good. Twilight Princess was really predictable there, it's your typical three hits and it's dead thing.

>There are people that defend Sonic 06 now
They aren't old enough to post on Sup Forums yet user, just wait.

>people on Sup Forums still claim OoT is overrated
>people still shit on TP constantly
>WW was always mediocre

It literally isn't.

No one likes skyward sword. Fuck off with this.

I first played it in 2014 i think. And it sucked then. Tried it again last year. Still awful

Prepare for people to love it as soon as breath of the wild is out.

Exactly, give it time it will happen

People will hate it even more. Botw will be much better

>but its not out yet

I know i don't have to waggle. I know its not a hand holding game. That enough makes it better

I love how they always try to increase focal point on the main character for US box art.

Really any entertainment really.
US version of Royals by Lorde is a good example.

Fuckin' Muricans'

It's not about you, it's about the general consensus. Everyone on Sup Forums LOATHED twilight princess up until skyward sword came out just like they hated Wind Waker before that.

You werent here ten years ago. Fuck off.

And its not just Sup Forums most zelda fans put skyward sword towards the bottom. Go check other forums.

>You werent here ten years ago. Fuck off.
You clearly weren't either, newfag. Fuck off.

I voted TP just to spite the obnoxious WW fanbase.
Both were shit.

I remember a lot of people here loving it, basically saying it was Ocarina of Time 2. It's where I first heard it described as such.

>Oracle of Legends
>Legends
What the actual fuck OP, were you drunk and high at the same time making this?
It's Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages you dim nitwit.

>Everyone on Sup Forums LOATHED twilight princess
Only the contrarian faggots and console war shitposters did that, and it was so bad that 8.8 actually became a meme. The real fanbase was hyped beyond belief during the first few weeks and praised it as the best Zelda ever made. After some time passed people started to notice the flaws of the game and shitposters blew everything out of proportion.

>caring about seniority on a vietnamese photography forum

That, and TP is best enjoyed when it's your first Zelda and you're not totally burnt out on the OoT formula

>Everyone on Sup Forums LOATHED twilight princess
8.8 was used to shit on all the people here praising it
Dumb revisionist poster

My favorite Zelda game will never not be The Adventure of Link. Fight me, faggots.

>Fight me
Nah. I'll let these guys do it.

So, why exactly is LttP so much better than most of the other games?

My nigga. The best magic using Link and best style. New Zelda 2 style game in the series when?

Ohwait never because Nintendo would rather fucking casualize everything and slap gimmicks on every god fucking damn franchise

Because it's Zelda 1 with less freedom, more hand-holding, more dialogue, and a larger emphasis on story.

Wait.

It isn't, take off your nostalgia goggles.

I'm just trying to decipher this sentiment that people seem to have with it. It's not even my favorite Zelda.
it's TP

It's extremely well designed and paced, but that's almost all Zelda games.
It's not even near the top of the series for me though, and I actually like the GameBoy games more when it comes to 2D Zelda

nintendo never redid zelda 2's formula because it's the only one that sucked ass

I feel that while ALTTP was kind of handholdy and casual, it did improve on a lot of the improper or just unfair progression concepts that Zelda 1 had.

The fact (Yes fact) that guessing and secrets were integral to progression in the first game is a severely hindering factor. There are legitimately places in the game where you cannot progress unless you bomb a specific wall, push a specific block in a specific room that links to a specific path. You got that, and the fact that even some of the items are not used in any meaningful way at all, are obsoleted immediately, or are completely unnecessary to progression.

Everyone harps on Zelda 2 for bein cryptic but at least the NPC's give you hints on where to really go and how to get/where to get secrets. You're never really lost. In Zelda 1 even the NPCs that give you secrets are secrets themselves. While people like me enjoy that kind of discovery, it's not right for 99% of the gaming community, even those of us who grew up with that stuff in that same era.

They almost did a few times. The leftovers became Ocarina of Time's combat.

>"I died to ironknuckles and red Daira so it sucks REEE!!!!"

I'm giving you as much proper feedback as you gave proper criticism, try harder

Makes sense how much Skyward Sword is hated then, Twilight Princess is trash and of course fans of it can't comprehend how good SS is. This place is the same as fucking Neogaf

Zelda 1 is a late 80s game and since most of Sup Forums wasn't even alive at the time it makes you look like a hipster if you praise it
ALttP was released in the 90s (when most of Sup Forums was born) so it's not considered too old and is protected by nostalgic bias

I felt this way at first but then the game redeems itself after you get the master sword.

There are old people on Sup Forums, you know.

>Sup Forums has shit taste
You should know this by now.

i didn't give any feedback or criticism because it's a fact.

they redid every other formula in the series; linear adventure, open world, top-down, all that jazz.

yet, for some "unknown" reason they never touched zelda 2. how weird.

>implying you even have to like TP to realize SS is garbage

best dungeons, HD version looks great, illia is super cute, GOAT fishing hole, cut combat

I liked all the bosses alot too

If Sup Forums had shit taste, Skyward Sword would be leading the poll followed by Triforce Heroes.

no idea what I was typing here

great combat*

You're simply stating what happened, not reasons why its bad. You're compensating for sucking, it's too obvious.

Nintendo never retouched on it because they didn't need to. The only legitimate reasons its not revisited is because its hard for babbys like you.

>

It and OOT were on the border of new and old (best of both worlds) with minimal gimmicks so it's not exactly rocket science that it's still highly regarded.

>t.I am underaged, the poster.

>it's so super hard ur just not hardcore enough

damn man you're right, i guess i'll play some more dark souls, the hardest game ever made

get a fucking grip dude

>Link's Awakening #7
What the fuck! It has some of the series best dungeons, items, pacing, poignant moments, tight over wold without pointless space.
You underage/new fags make me sick!

Shouldn't you be in a different thread begging for a video game crash like the one that occurred when you weren't even born?

>t. underaged shitposter.

>both Oracle games completely dominate it in terms of overworld, puzzles, dungeons, and sidequests
>up against Zelda 1 and ALttP
Can't even make top 4, bro.

>TP, MM, and WW at top of list
God's in his heaven, all is right with the world.

TP, MM, and WW are leading the poll, so that does indicate Sup Forums's shit taste.

>TP, MM, and WW are leading the poll
And you'd rather have Skyward Sword up there? No, man, YOU have shit taste.

No. Skyward Sword is shit too. The fact that any of those games would be leading the poll indicates Sup Forums's shit taste.

>TP
>anything but bottom
nu/v/ sure has shit taste

>that implication that SS, PH, ST, and TH are in any way good

I unironically enjoyed the wolf sections.

Reasons to hate Twilight Princess:
>Pretty much everything involving the wolf (mainly purging the Twilight from the overworld)
>Generally mixed dungeons
>Few sidequests beyond the golden bugs and Poe souls
>Wagglan
>The fact that it takes longer than ten minutes to reach the first dungeon
Anything else?

>wagglan

This is your fault for playing it on the wii. 2 of 3 platforms it's been on don't use waggle.

>He didn't play the GameCube version

>Sup Forums is around the age of 17-24
>he actually believes this

>only two Zelda games I've ever played were WWHD and TPHD
>both were fun
>WW was comfy, TP was a bit better

Although the Oracle games are similarly built the mechanics they implement, time and seasons, cause serious pacing issues.
Awakening is just ALttP refined and improved, which itself is Zelda refined and improved.
So therefore LA is the best of that type of Zelda you damn monkey!

Sup Forums, especially in nintendo threads are 28-35

i'm 18

> 8% Breath of the Wild
Goddammit y'all

>Wind Waker
>top 3
That's some garbage taste

Pretty different ideas friend

Wind Waker has
>shit dungeons
>shit overworld
>shitty padding fetch quest
>shitty QTE combat
>was rushed as fuck

>b-but it's le comfy!
WW toddlers are hilarious.

the game isn't even out

i want it to be great, but putting it on that list isn't fair

I enjoyed both but they're plagued with handholding and too easy difficulty problems (at least until recently since original release had no hero mode). The gimmicks are also hit or miss. Sure the N64 had similar issues but not quite on the same level. I recommend giving LttP a try or buying Ocarina 3D used and playing this version of the game

>Europe BotW Box art
Have fun with that trash, eurofag

Zelda 2 is criminally underrated. So many people don't even get past the first palace because,
>"IT'S NOT MY ZELDA!"
>"WHY IS IT 2D???"
>"THIS WAS A MISTAKE DX"

Master Quest made me think of something...
What color is the main title best set as?
I've seen blue, purple, green...

FF7 is a genre defining classic
Most Mario platformers are genre defining classics
TP was a mediocre clone of a genre defining classic that deserves nowhere near the amount of praise it gets
>much like other Zeldas at the time (Wind Waker, Minish Cap), TP is extremely easy
>shitty overworld
>ugliest art style in the entire series
>HAHA DUDE IT WAS GANON THE WHOLE TIME LOL
>most bosses are disappointing
The best part of TP was using it to softmod Wiis

5 star post my man

But I agree, Zelda 2 is the best one.