FIVE POINT FIVE MILLION DOLLARS

Hahaha

hahahhaaha

HAHAHAHAAHHA

It looks pretty good. What's the problem?

It looks exactly like Dracula X, which is an objectively good thing. What's your point user?

Actually it looks exactly like Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
Same type of lighting for levels and pseudo cel-shading for characters and everything.

>graphical stuff
I was talking about the level design

>judging games based on early in-development footage loaded with placeholders
ITT: People who have absolutely no clue how game development works

This is why the kickstarter + constant dev updates model is terrible

>>judging games based on early in-development footage loaded with placeholders

Yeah just like Inti-Creates last game MN9. Look how much that changed in development. Oh wait it didn't.

>It's just a beta It's just been released
>They'll patch it
>The sequel will fix it

The game improved a lot since the E3 demo, in 2018 it will probably look even better.

Also, 5.5m isn't the entire budget, they used Kickstarted to help out. 505 Games and Inri Creates are footing the bills

>look at [totally different project] by [totally different director]
just because you want it to fail it doesn't mean it will.

Compare the E3 demo with OP's webm, the game is improving

And didn't the publisher double it? 11 mil.

can't wait to play

More than double it, they were asking for much less, odds are the actual budget is in the 15-20m range.

>And didn't the publisher double it? 11 mil.
LOL

>give money to a has-been creator who overvalues himself and his work
>game looks like shit
w-where did all my money go?

>T-t-this is the new Mighty No. 9
>This has to be the new M-M-Mighty No. 9

Look we get it, Mighty No. 9 sucked and was a massive disappointment sure. But that doesn't give you the reason of being a massive fag. Plus Bloodstained seems to be having a smooth development unlike MN9 which was hell in the office.

If it still looks like shit when it's released, I won't be defending it.
Shitpost all you want, it won't change the fact that in-dev games use placeholder assets. Finalizing visual assets early results in wasted work when features and art styles change throughout development.

Compare your webm to the most recent demos, it already looks a lot better.

Wait until you get the inevitable delay.

Wait, are you being a faggot or do you mean to tell me a side scrolling game with zero enemies in it cost them 5.5 million dollars to make?
What.

>in-dev
They are using third-party devs

But it's not a beta, it probably doesn't even qualify as an alpha.

Why lol?
That's standard pratice you know.
A Hat in Time, Yooka Layee and MN9 had similar stuff.
5.5m is a lot of money, but not enough to publish a game like Bloodstained.
DS Castlevania games had ~10m budgets

I distinctly remember seeing this video released half a year ago.

Source?

>in-dev
in development, retard

>who overvalues himself and his work

Iga actually says he's nothing special. I will find the interview now.

every programmer will cost them close to 200k each over the course of development
even before artists, management, equipment, software licenses, rent, etc

TORtanic was a mistake for this board
Everything needs to be the next big blunder now.

Nice try

(you)

Oh god, this is the next Mighty No. 9. This is going to be glorious.

try pre-alpha nigga

>every programmer will cost them close to 200k each over the course of development

That's why Mighty Number 9 didn't have any programmers. They passed around usbs to keep code up to date with each other.

That's how Inti-Creates saves money!

so he's working on this pretty much for free? almost all japs say that. it's common in their culture

We've already seen a lot of improvements over time. You'd know if you were actually following the project at all.

yeah, i've been ok with how the project has been coming along myself
they've been receptive to feedback which is a good sign

>Publisher
If you think this is the reason why this will be good then remember that MN9 also had one and it sucks. And people are forgetting that this is a crowdfund project. More than 50% of your market have already bought the game so a publisher are really just pushing their luck by thinking that this will get >50% more sales after it gets released. OR they are not gambling that much which is likely for crowdfund projects.

And not everyone knows but bloodstained is using third-party groups/devs/companies to create this game. There are also some marketing(and more) even before the crowdfunding was started and that will eat away cash from the crowdfund or the publisher.

And not everyone knows that Iga is flying all over the place, created a company out of crowdfund cash, hired >20 people. Have two offices which is in Japan and China and the company is developing a different game other than Bloodstained.

Why the fuck won't people use sprites? 2.5D looks like shit. Stop fucking using it.

they just need to go with orthographic rendering instead of perspective rendering

there's no need for fisheye effect in games that play in 2d

HD sprites are hard and expensive to do

because high resolution sprites are expensive and you can't cheaply do costume changes

Making one rigged 3D model and animating it is a lot faster work than drawing an entire 2D sprite sheet.
It's also more modular and modifiable, if the design changes all you have to change is the model instead of redrawing it into every sprite.

I wish this 2.5D stuff would quit - very rare does it ever look nice...

Was this game made in flash?

Indivisible are doing it with less than half the budget

indivisible is making an atb rpg

See That ship has sailed long ago.

Not him but that depends on the game. Remember, this is a 2d/sideview game. How many monsters it will have? Let's say SOTN levels. Remember that most monsters in SOTN are not that animated so it will be easier to draw them thanmake a 3d model for them. And, there are also "rigs" for 2D. You still have to redraw parts but much faster than what they need to do 20 years ago. 3d models takes longer but they can give you more flexibility but you really need a good artist to make 3d look like 2d.

"It's harder" is not an acceptable excuse.

Pretty sure "it takes more time/effort/money" is an excuse to not do something in business.

>And, there are also "rigs" for 2D.
No there aren't. Not for real 2D.

And no, making and rigging a model does not take longer than 30+ sprites.
This is also ignoring how

>employees don't need to be paid
>deadlines don't exist
>everything is free
yep, mhm

What I mean by rigs is you can move parts of the sprite to make it easier to redraw. But okay, I only know how to draw sprites/pixel art and 3d models but what do I know.

>Bloodstained is also getting a WiiU and a Vita port

It's doomed.

So you're basically telling me that layers and the marquee tool exist? As if that's not how sprites were always made?

Yeah I'm pretty sure Vanillaware games do this.

>WiiU and a Vita
literally the only good consoles since the PS3

>judging an unfinished game that constantly shows early updates on models, animations and maps
op sucks dick confirmed

>Trusting asians with your money when there isn't a company guard standing behind them, whipping them everytime they browse amazon.jp for dakis

When will people learn?

Also very underpowered. The Bloodstained demo was already more demanding than MN9 and the devs of the latter haven't managed to put out a Vita port yet. Bloodstained, being a metroidvania, has a much larger scope than MN9 and the devs will need to make compromises to accommodate a Vita port.

better to release a game for current machines and offer refunds and fail to deliver your vita port than to make a vita game