Seeing how even mediocre forgettable ripoffs score 10/10 nowadays...

Seeing how even mediocre forgettable ripoffs score 10/10 nowadays, what score could they possibly give the new Zelda IF it delivers on all the hype?

If it can't score higher than a 10, should they lower the score for all other reviewed games to make it seem more impressive?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2015
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2016
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2017
gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-dense-challenging-and-/1100-6448172/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

So what do you wanna discuss, OP? If BoTW is gonna live up to the hype? Or how videogame review scores have been on a scale of 7 - 10 for thr past decade?

they'll give it a 7 because nintendo didn't pay them enough

>"Let's just hand out a perfect score to every game for no reason at all."
I really couldn't care less about review scores at this point.
Most 10/10's given out during the last years have been objectively 4-6/10's.
Meanwhile, not even widely recognized and loved classics that set the standards in gaming managed to score perfect 100/100's back in the day, and they're still miles ahead of all the watered down, casualized garbage that gets shat on the market nowadays.
It's really sad to see what this hobby has become.

Sup Forums will explode, I know for a fact that it's going to get an 8.8

I legitimately think we should demand this game to get an 11/10 from IGN.

Anything else would be an insult. It IS a new era of gaming, a new peak.

Otero is such a bitch most times he gives average scores to good games just to be objective. Doesn't he get Nintendo's fate relies on him?

>what score could they possibly give the new Zelda IF it delivers on all the hype?
I'd argue it would actually receive low scores for that. Gameplay wouldn't be passive enough for today's standards, no texting your BFFs while the game plays itself.

WIth that said, as someone who's completely burned on open world outside of Rockstar, I'm skeptical as shit. If BotW delivers even half of what they're boasting, we're looking at a ground breaker.

what games in recent years have got 10/10's?

I remember when Nintendo released OOT, a very good video game magazine I was reading stated something like "OOT is the best game of all time, we can't give it more than 95/100 because it has some minor flaws but because of how good it is, all the games we previously tested should get their scores lowered by 10".

It'll receive 10/10s across the board. The leaked previews all say the same thing, really.

>leaked previews
there is more than the polygon one?

GTA V

GTA V may be shit, but it's definitely not a 4-6 like that user said

Deliver what? Really curious. We already know how the game will play, the most important thing as the base gameplay. I really want to know about what people wanna be surprised.

Objectively 6/10 but because it carries the name zelda reviewer will play it safe between 8-9.

For people who are aware of what an absolute shambolic mess gaming journalism really is, you sure do give it a lot of credence.

I have a feeling he'll give botw a 10. I mean, skyward Sword got a 10, ign would forever lose all credibility if botw scored lower

>Deliver what?

If the game has the same level of meaningful depth as the 64 games, the challenge and freedom of progression of he NES games, and does this across a flourishing, interactive, secret filled world physically larger than WW's ocean, I think that would deserve some praise.

What games that "play themselves" got high scores

Can't really call combat base gameplay and call it a day, this is supposed to be the open world game where gimmicks are integrated to the game. Then you have to consider how properly designed the world is, whether or not it's "organic" as they say, if survival is anything but an inconsequential annoyance, etc.

If something like skyward sword can get a 93, there's no reason this won't get a 90+, it's a zelda game it'll get high reviews no matter what

You are all expecting a man who thinks Phantom Hourglass was the best Zelda to deliver a good game

Phantom Hourglass was pretty good

You got Horizon as the most recent example, but here, pick at random:

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2015
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2016
metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/all/filtered?sort=desc&year_selected=2017

It's something that affects the industry at large, future games take critical reception in mind, publishers use meta critic scores to determine what new projects they pursue

If you were wondering why a ton of people were mad about horizon scoring so high, it's because of this. That game is going to be massively influential in big budget game design (western and eastern) for the next few years at least

How does Horizon play itself

Being able to hack robots doesn't make the game play itself lol

I'd say that 98/100 is an appropriate score for OoT, as it really is that much better than most other games, but it has meaningful weaknesses and untapped potential that knock it off from attaining the final two points. The lack of combat challenge is a huge deal that lops of a full point itself, and having more deep NPC quests and interactions like its sequels, along with a bunch of other minor fix-ups, would be enough to earn it the full 100, as it would then be as good as you could ever expect something in its class to reasonably be.

Autoplatforming, pressing a button will slide you all the way to an enemy, enemies can't target you properly and take 5 hours to telegraph an attack, iframes up the ass, typical focus tested AAA tripe.

I absolutely agree with you and understand why this is the case. And I'm also fucking pissed off about Horizon's high review scores.

What I don't understand or accept is Sup Forums's obsession with shitposting review scores as if they actually matter and using them as ammunition in console wars. This validates the reviews and empowers them even further.

So when does this game release on PS2 ?
Graphics are pretty good for 16 years old hardware.

>GTA V may be shit
>but it's definitely not a 4-6
you're a fucking retard

So basically you can slide and there's no platforming (like zelda)

Review scores are a mess, some games are impossible to compare because they belong to different genres and attempt different things, then there are the subjective opinions and biases. What you should do is read what the review says instead of focusing on the score.

There are some low scoring games that will have things that appeal to you and some very high scoring games that don't appeal to your taste.

Or because it's just a very mediocre looking game so far

>zelda fanboys just compare every game on the same linear 1-10 scale
Woah....

>9's across the board
>8.8 overall

I would like to rage.

Sonyniggers use anything as ammunition. Switch has 2.5 hours as advertised? TIME TO SHITPOST! Wish mods would just ban fanboys already. Console wars killed this board.

First of all, if you actually read the article Aonuma was speaking from the perspective of a director more than a gamer.

Secondly, Phantom Hourglass isn't actually a bad game at all. The Temple of the Ocean King is the only thing in the entire game that's really cited as a flaw, and even that's overblown because you can use shortcuts every time you obtain a new item and those shortcuts are implemented in clever ways. PH could have been a much better experience if its soundtrack wasn't total garbage, but as a game it's solid.

>I'm also fucking pissed off about Horizon's high review scores
:)

>game is shit
>but deserves a 7 or more
you are the problem

>The Temple of the Ocean King is the only thing in the entire game that's really cited as a flaw
What do you even think that means?

>so far
at least reviewers are playing the whole game and not snippets of the first area

Smile all you like, its your hobby too and the acceptance and celebration of games like Horizon is going to hurt you just as much as me in the long run.

he's happy about it because garbage like horizon is all he plays

>I get angry at arbitrary numbers attached to computer games written by people I don't know on the internet
You couldn't be any more of a fucking loser if you tried

lul

>people like this actually exist

>I can't see the ramifications of press opinions
It's not every day that I get to correctly call someone an autist here.

>everyone who criticizes daddy nintendo is a "sonygger"
You are braindead

20 MINUTES UNTIL YOU DIE, HORIZON

I really can't tell if reviewers are going to slap 10/10s on it or slam it for not being Horizon. I'd be too embarrassing if they pulled another SS on an average game.

That's why I get angry at them, so I can stop games that are OBJECTIVELY bad from becoming popular

PC gamers usually like Nintendo, xbots don't give a fuck. So, sonyniggers.

Disgusting. And then companies wonder why attachment rates are so bad.

Even if it is bad, he is talking from a developer's perspective rather than an end result perspective. As such, he's considering what he thought was more fun to develop when considering how good the games are, which will give a vastly different view of his top 3 games than the rest of us. And as much as I hate to admit it, even if PH was bad, you can't argue that Nintendo didn't try their darndest to make the control scheme of the game work in a fun manner, which would be fun to develop if nothing else. Then again, the same could probably be said for Skyward Sword, which isn't on the list.

>slam it for not being Horizon
What the fuck are you on about?

You're right, let's give them more time and have a No mans sky fiasco all over again

>everyone must be in one of muh imaginary console war camps
IQ of 160, confirmed!

>you can't argue that Nintendo didn't try their darndest to make the control scheme of the game work in a fun manner
>Then again, the same could probably be said for Skyward Sword
Z
E
L
D
A

C
Y
C
L
E

Your edgy shtick will only protect you from yourself for so long faggot.

When you're not autistic you care about the things you like. I know it must be hard for you to relate, but try to understand.

Meanwhile your angry gamer shtick got old about 5 or 6 years ago

I'm sorry if your friends make you look but but fuck off already

This looks like a clusterfuck. Too much going on, similar to Battleborn. I think I'll skip this one and just play BOTW.

>it's another "I have no idea what autism actually is but I saw people use it on Sup Forums so I'll just constantly spam it" poster

Have fun raging at your non existent "sonyggers" buddy

>I'm high functional! I'm totally different!
Whatever you say, Chris.

In 10 minutes Horizon Zero Dawn is gonna be BTFO, along with sonyggers.

>non existent "sonyggers"
Take a look at ps4 reddit. Go to any youtube video about a PS4 exclusive. Sony is their fucking god. It's called the console wars for a reason, fanboys take it extremely seriously. Hell, I remember Sega versus Nintendo in school. Some people just never grew out of it.

Just on the surface. Ignore the light show and see how simple it truly is. Enemies can't track him and he's not even sprinting.

You seem like the kind of person who bases his entire personality on "Sup Forums culture"

>Some people just never grew out of it.
I hope this was a self aware post

This, that's why she died in that webm

Oh, I'm sorry, did you have to google that?

Yeah, sonynigger. I know it's hard to face the truth, tomato in the mirror and all.

did the explosion delay??
>see laser
>see how laser clip past her
>then after she is dont running the ground blows up

He died while jogging straight forward after 3 telegraphing lights flashed in his path. I know for a fact all these AAA games let you turn on a dime, so he had plenty of time to dodge.

Wait, those are attacks? That's even worse.

You think you're special for knowing who CWC is? Your secret club attitude just confirmed my theory by the way

EMBARGO HAS ENDED YOU GUYS

>Seeing how even mediocre forgettable ripoffs score 10/10 nowadays
>what score will they give the new Zelda?
10/10

Owned

That Horizon is the last big boring AAA game they reviewed highly and a comparison is likely in BotW reviews.

It got 88

Oh, right. The dozen layers of counter culture this board is on means being old is bad and being new is good. So much for shaping my personality around Sup Forums.

"It's safe to say that Breath of the Wild will forever change what people expect from gaming." -Gamespot

gamespot.com/articles/zelda-breath-of-the-wild-is-dense-challenging-and-/1100-6448172/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

How can Nintoddlers recover from this burn?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!

ITS OVER!

WE WON!!!

WE FUCKING WON!!!!!!!

>tfw can't tell who's falseflagging anymore

>Nintendo managed to make the best modern open world game with one attempt
Nice

Weird how Zelda was always about overly long intros and meaningless dialog, and now it has none while every other open world game feels like 3 hours of tutorial or hand holding

This game looks fun. What are people complaining about. Could it be that Sup Forums just can't stand to see Zelda fans happy?

Pre-ordered it today, though I felt like the Collector's edition was overpriced since the Sword, from the stream at least, looked like plastic that was bent and stuff.

Pre-ordered a store's personal collector's edition that came with statue in pic instead as it looks a lot more solid; I reckon I can buy the OST later anyway. Do you think the official collector's edition is worth it?

>while every other open world game feels like 3 hours of tutorial or hand holding
I wish that was an open world thing.

It's NOT in maximum resolution and you should HATE IT

No no no, Zelda started out as an open-world that became more and more bogged down with cutscenes and shit as the industry changed.

This game just goes "fuck that" and finally we get the first actual 3D Zelda game.

Alright guys, how long is it going to be before this runs well with no visual or audio glitches in CEMU?

Now you're just sounding like those 3D World nutjobs that want to undo the natural evolution Super Mario 64 brought to the table simply because they can't into 3D platforming.

>Having just completed it, we couldn’t help but think of Horizon Zero Dawn while playing Breath Of The Wild, and how simplistic it now seems compared to Zelda. You also have a bow in Breath Of The Wild, but you have to account for how arrows arc through the air, rather than it just acting like a low-tech sniper rifle. Boomerangs have to be caught manually on their return and the best way to defeat the skeletons that appear at night is to chop of their head and punt it into a river, like a goalkeeper trying to make a clearance.

How will people change and adapt to catch up to Zelda now? No super long intros and tutorials, HEY TEACH ME HOW TO USE A SWORD, minor fetch quests to get you used to controls etc? More "go anywhere you want with no limitation" ?