I finally finished it (N64 version)

I finally finished it (N64 version)

What a piece of shit it is

Care to elaborate, OP?

>time limit in an exploration/puzzle game

If you take forever to solve a puzzle (ones as simple as a Zelda game's, no less) have you really accomplished anything? At least the timer is adding some level of challenge.

Non-argument, git gud.

you are the piece of shit your mom dropped without aiming for the toilet tb h

>start on the first day
>use the slow down time song
>transport directly to the owl in front of the temple

It's fucking nothing

I just started this on 3DS after years of listening to Sup Forums.
How the fuck do you play this shit? I'm an hour in and everything is so cryptic and vague. Characters mention places and things like I'm meant to know what the fuck they're talking about.

More like Fedora's Mask.

>If you take forever to solve a puzzle (ones as simple as a Zelda game's, no less) have you really accomplished anything?

Uh, yes? The time limit in MM's case means that either:

a) The task is so trivial that it's solution can be easily found in a few minutes
b) Anything that is less obvious will force you through tons of unnecessary repetition until you actually figure it out or do the right prerequisites

The 3DS remake mostly solves this problem thankfully, but god I never get sick of the fanbase acting like it isn't one.

>few minutes

>I just started this on 3DS after years of listening to Sup Forums.

Well, the 3DS version is designed to be more like this than the original was, but you're supposed to bloody well explore and figure shit out yourself, because that's what you do in these games and why they are good in the first place. It's not supposed to be obvious, and that's half the fun. Maybe Zelda isn't for you.

I'm not talking about the temples.

>Only two good dungeons in the game not counting mini dungeons
>shit bosses
>great characters and side quests
>shit final boss
>good overworld
>good town

Yes, definitely the best Zelda game. Ocarina of Time is trash in comparison.

>Wh-Why isn't their a map with markers telling me everything to do and where to go
Kill yourself, people like you are why games are going to shit.

Ocarina of Time sort of jumped the shark in that it trivialized combat in favor of dungeon design(but at least the dugeons were fucking good)

Majora's Mask finished it off by trivializing both dungeons and combat in favor of talking to NPCs. I mean, don't get me wrong, the story and atmosphere were pretty good but talking to NPCs is no substitute for the actual game chunks of Zelda.

I just want a 3D Zelda with combat that's as skill based as ALttP, is that really so much to ask?

MM is one of the best Zelda games

The normal timer is too fast, because it really is a game where you want to soak in and appreciate the environment.

Slowing down time fixes this problem, but removes any of the challenge of the time limit. This imbalance is virtually the game's only flaw and shouldn't ruin it for anyone with a modicum of taste.

The mask system was fun, being able to turn into a Goron, Zora, and a Deku was great and Goht has to be the funnest boss to fight

>everything is so cryptic and vague

Welcome to Zelda

>ALttP
>Skill based combat

It's hipsters #1 choice after all. Does a lot of shit wrong but some things are pretty nice like the different side quests and steamrolling bosses with the angry god mask.