Is there a more hamfisted plot twist in all of vidya?

Is there a more hamfisted plot twist in all of vidya?

Yes, I don't think there's a shittier boss though.

The last hour of Fahrenheit.

>B.B. is tha bess vidya ever XD
>ayyyyy lmaooo 8-D

>Alex Mercer is evil now because fuck you

I liked it, and also Bioshock.

What is the lore behind these ayys?

There isn't any. Bloodborne doesn't have a story or lore.

post good plot twists

>the universe is recursive and the protagonist kills the bad guy that ended the world, reset the universe and became the next bad guy who will end the world again by inheriting his madness. You will be defeated by the next version of yourself who will become the next bad guy in the next universe. Repeat ad infinitum
>a least until very minor changes you do to the next universe pile up until you break the recursion

Using Fahrenheit as an answer should be illegal.
Or at least disqualified.

FFXV's twist
Too bad they fucked up the execution of it

Humans transformed, via blood, to resemble ayys in an effort to understand them, as ayys can already communicate with mankind.

everything that happens in Nier

>EVERYONE YOU KILLED THE ENTIRE GAME WAS ACTUALLY ONCE A HUMAN
>DOESN'T THAT UPSET YOU

I've played it twice, what twist are you talking about?

The reveal that Ardyn was the real line of Lucis and Noctis' line have pretty much been imposters

but it was cool

>play the game again
>this time it really starts to sink in that you're killing human beings
>Nier doesn't give a fuck and would probably do it anyways if he knew because muh daughter/imouto
>Kaine still does it despite understanding them because fuck everything

yakuza 3,4 or 5

>Noctis' line have pretty much been imposters
I literally didn't pick up on this until now

M I ND H A C C

Mostly because there's only a single line that really hints at it - but it explains a lot in terms of Ardyn's actions

>I gave you my name earlier, but you should know that it was not the name given to me at birth. Ardyn Lucis Caelum is my proper name. You'll never guess whose name Izunia was.

I didn't give a fuck at that point, it's like the game tried to make you feel bad about something you OBVIOUSLY should have done, I'm pretty sure the enemies all attack you first the entire game so you're definitely provoked to fight back.

Actually the very first shadows you encounter are entirely passive and it's heavily implied you killed some kids because they drop coloring books and shit.

After that it's mostly self defense and/or your reputation as a killer has spread

Nintendrones tears never get old. How does it feel that your shitty fisher price consoles will never have a game like bloodborne?

I love bloodborne but the ayys are pretty dumb

I mean they had beasts already, and then people becoming eldritch monsters, and then fishy eel monsters halfway related to that and now we're throwing in actual aliens

Fuck off falseflagger, nobody defends celestial emissary

The core storyline for Guild Wars has a super retarded plot twist
>DUDE THESE PEOPLE ARE KIDNAPPING AND SACRIFICING INNOCENTS BY THE THOUSANDS FOR POWER, GO KILL THEM ALL
>OH WAIT DUDE LMAO YOU KILLED THEM ALL THEY WERE ACTUALLY USING THOSE SACRIFICES TO POWER A GATE THAT STOPS WORLD ENDING DEMONS FROM GETTING INTO THE MORTAL REALM EVEN THOUGH THEY NEVER EVEN TRIED TELLING YOU THAT LMAO!
>LOOKS LIKE YOU KILLED THE GOOD GUYS AND YOU WERE THE BAD GUY ALL ALONG :^)

YOU ARE ALL SHITTERS

>Caim is so evil and irrepressible he kills children
>Get to that part
>Said children are pure evil and literally mock you for feeling sorry for them
>Caim ends up being less of a scumbag than the kid who kills his own sister just because he got slapped

MGS2

>lol talking heads
>"S2 stands for Solid Snake Simulation"
>5 minutes later
>"Actually it stands for Selection for Societal Sanity'

How is it even a twist?

>friend gets me to try guild wars 2
>actually like the plant-elf people because the concept is pretty cool and I like making them
>everyone hates them because the plot revolves around them and they're the devs mary sue race

YOU KNOW YOU WERE BORN A SHITTER, CORRECT?

can we post original story outlines?

MGS2's plot is a wild ride that's actually fun tho

>b-but Nintendo
Hold the fuck up how did you even bring up Nintendo in this thread, fucking shitposter

Only celestial emissary is a real alien, the rest are failed attempts to become one.

Caim is never represented to be a morally good person. He loves killing. he just happens to be killing the bad guys

Then queue Drakengard 2 (inb4 not canon) where he is willing to end the world if it means freeing Angelus from her pain

>PURE H.P. LOVECRAFT LMAO
>BLOODBORNE IS TRULY LOVECRAFTIAN DESPITE THE FACT I DON'T EVEN WHAT THAT MEANS!

Stillman revealing his leg wasn't really injured was hamfisted as fuck, as well as 100% impossible, you're telling me no one ever checked his fucking leg.

The game never implies the Mursaat are good, it just means they had a reason for being reprehensible. They weren't stopping the Titans for the good of Tyria, they did it because they were afraid of them.

hotline miami 2

Poorly executed ideas the game user... at least they're trying to pick up the slack in many aspects.

yeah you obviously don't you dumb bitch

I don't think it's fair to call them Mary Sues when half the race got wiped out, their racial leader got put in a coma and they were revealed to be created by one of the dragons as trash mobs.

>They weren't stopping the Titans for the good of Tyria, they did it because they were afraid of them.
Potato, potahto.

Everything Yoko Taro has ever made, basically.

It's not a plot twist. They're part of the lore.

ITT jelly non-PS4 owners
>OP phoneposting, probably doesn't even PC either

How is that the same? One of them makes them the good guys, one of them makes them villains. The last time they got afraid and acted on their own, the Forgotten and the other elder races lost against the dragons, they didn't learn from past mistakes and deserve everything they got.

>Oh shit i'm gonna stop this shit because it's going to end the world
>Oh shit I'm gonna stop this shit because it can end the world and that scares me

Same end result, nearly the same fucking thought process

More like "oh shit i'm going to stop this because it's been specifically prophesized to destroy me" the Mursaat weren't interested in saving the world, just themselves, and they thought the rest of Tyria so below them that they didn't consider they could resist the Titans. Which as we know from the end of Prophecies is wrong.

Parts of the church obsessed with astronomy thought of the great ones as aliens instead of beasts since they were educated and transformed into their own nightmares.

Retards think this is proof of aliens but it's just a representation of the groups collective phobias/beliefs.

I liked it. The midgame twist went quite aways towards alleviating the usual midgame drop in quality that most games get.

This sounds sort of clever until you realize it's also the plot of Dragon's Dogma.

I may be mistaken because it's been a few months, but I took it to mean that Noctis' distant ancestor was a brother (or other close relative) of Ardyn and he just became butthurt over time that it was him and not Noctis' ancestors who had to get shit on so everyone could live all peachy or whatever.

Except the game makes it obvious to you that Nier going out and killing shades and getting his daughter back is exactly the wrong thing to do. Yoko Taro thinks senseless violence is terrible, which is why it's the main point in all of his games, but it's not there just to try to make you feel bad. In Nier, it's there to show you that it's very easy to unknowingly make mistakes to protect the people you love. It also illustrates that holding the people close to you above everything, and everyone, else is incredibly dangerous.

Nier is just showing you that other people also go through hardship just as badly as you do, and it's not heroic to be so ignorant and singularly focused that you're stomping all over them without ever realizing or caring.

You should really stop thinking that emotional plotlines are only there to try to "manipulate" you into feeling bad. That's some autistic shit right there.

i liked it better in the last of us

>You should really stop thinking that emotional plotlines are only there to try to "manipulate" you into feeling bad

That's literally all three Dark Souls.

how is that a plot twist? A text in the starting room says "the choir and the cosmos are one" (or something)

Bioshock Infinite's entire ending

It was very vauge texts that you're led to believe have been written by a madman. Later characters tell you about him being so.

Then you start seeing the shit for yourself.

My dumbass was farming and hoarding insight from boss battles. Imagine my surprise when I look up on a building before fighting ROM. Legitimately freaked me out very badly

This is a Doll, say something mice about her!

She's the color of my cum

Squeak.

Dragon's Dogma came first

What plot twist? Theyre just mutated humans meant to communicate with the ayys

beasts and the lore surrounding them are more interesting than ayys

laffin

Is it Nintendo now because we're upset people like Zelda better than Horizon?

MEEEEEEEEEh.
Better than kotors, but still meh.

This raised so many questions to me though. Like, knowing this plot twist, how can shades teleport, appear from blood and have magic? And how can the bigger ones generate smaller ones?

>And how can the bigger ones generate smaller ones?
See user, when a man and a woman are physically attracted to each other, the penis of the man starts to harden.
When the man inserts his penis into the woman's vagina and something called "ejaculation" happens, there's a chance the woman gets pregnant, and after 9 months a baby comes out to be your little brother or sister.

They were human souls, not just humans.

Except it was stated that both Gestalts and Replicants cannot reproduce. Yet we have stuff like Hook throwing countless bomb/baby shades or Kalil generating other kid shades like him once P-33 is defeated.

Underrated post

Jesus user, you're legitimately autistic.