Why was BB so much better...

Why was BB so much better? So much more care was put into BB you can tell that it was made by people who enjoyed making it.

But how could they be okay with the final installment of the souls series being so bad? Why wouldnt they make it good out of respect for the series? Was it time or budget constraints?

The speed of the gameplay coupled with the variety and viability of the trick weapons.

I dunno if DaS3 was really that bad, but the quality might've been affected by being the third installment in the series. Maybe they were focusing more on milking it than making it good.

DaS 3 was fun, but the whole thing really just felt like a contractual obligation.

BB on the other hand was quite arguably the series' peak.

DaS3 wasn't bad at all. It adopted a lot of the mechanics BB brought forth. It's fast paced at least.

Why was NioH so much better than both BB and Das3?

>why was it better
It was refreshing to see a standalone, self-contained take on the existing souls games. whereas ds3 was a circlejerk of ds1 characters and felt like a cheap mechanical rehash of ds1. and no the weaponarts can't compare to trick weapons.
>Final installment
I though miasaki was making a spiritual successor to darksouls3?
>Why wouldn't they make it good?
Once they realized that the casuals like the idea of a hard(er) game they made it as appealing to ds1 and new players as possible. Instead of attempting a change like ds2 they've tried to keep the formula and make money
See: Fifa,CoD,Skylanders,Battlefield

It wasn't. Nioh's combat might be better,but it falls short on level design, enemy and weapon variety, and the story is animu trash.

nothing can peak at 20 frames per second.

Sony.

Bandai Namco doesn't give a shit

is the bottom pic there ds3 or nioh?

cant fucking wait for the ringed city

how the hell is Nioh's combat better?

in b4 " its currraaaazzzyyy"

>Why was BB so much better?
because pic related

Bloodborne was a fresh game with a blank check from Sony with no time limit.

DS3 was rushed by Bandai-Namco made by a team who had run out of ideas of where to take the souls series. So they just did a mash up of the previous games with a cherry on top.

nope NioH is infinitely better than any FROM game.

Ds3

The stances and being able to recover stamina through timin makes it more complex. But what's the use of complex combat when you got onky 13 different enemies in the whole game lmao.

this debate doesn't really matter when nioh blows both games out of the water.

>grinding game with random loot drop
>having to complete the same kevel with a dark filter on so the game's legth gets padded out
>better

Lmao™!

you can dash through the entire tutorial stage of nioh and literally ignore every enemy in your way and still have enough exp to min/max and become over powered and stunlock the first boss

>weaponarts
I don't get why anyone would ever pretend these are any fun.

trick weapons > stances

Both DS3 and BB have different strong and weak points and together they are both the games of highest quality From ever produced no matter how much shitposting degenerates living in zelda cycles will try to deny it.

sounds like bloodborne to me

no really, there is nothing like chain kama dashing in any from game compared to how it breaks a nioh speed run.

Dark Souls 3 is a shit game, that's why.
I'm hoping the Ringed City DLC will help it.

Dark Souls 2 was technically ahead of its time here.

DS2 provided L2 functions for weapons, and Bloodborne expanded on that with certain trick weapons inside of the game; but they were getting desperate for Dark Souls 3 and wanted to force some shitty gimmick in DS3, and it's shit because you'll never use anything other than R1's in either PvP or PvE.

The covenants are also the fucking worst.

What people don't seem to understand about Nioh is that sure its combat is deeper than souls, but it doesn't matter if the levels and enemies don't give the player the freedom to explore the combat and nioh's general gameplay. Just look at souls bosses for an example on how different mechanics can really take advantage of a games gameplay and either make it play like it was intended to be, or change it up like how the sanctuary guardian in DaS1's DLC.

tl;dr you can have the most complex game but it will never reach its potential if the other areas of the game aren't designed to accommodate it, and that's what FROM is good at.

BB had no Bandai influence

i can tell you are so fucking bad at souls games just from the bullshit text youre posting, R1 doesnt do shit all for half the weapons, ive killed people just from timing charged up R2 stabs with short swords, spamming r1 either gets you poise countered or parried

>have all soulsborne games
>SL1 runs for each of them
>over 7k hours worth of PvP
>"i can tell you are so fucking bad at souls games"
wew lad

Anyways, DS3's PvP is linear and build variety is about non-existent and everything about it is shit.

You should watch a BB speedrun some time. You'd be surprised.

literally all of my worst pvp deaths in das3 come from weapon art skill sets, r2 mixups, and shield shenanigans. enjoy your 7 thousand hours of spamming r1.

>literally all of my worst pvp deaths in das3 come from weapon art skill sets, r2 mixups, and shield shenanigans.
Doesn't that make you the one who's bad then?

youre fucking retarded, i never get r1 spammed in pvp like you said "it's shit because you'll never use anything other than R1's in either PvP or PvE"
jesus christ kid, get a job, take a walk, get some ice for your butthurt

people expected a souls clone

they didnt expect bloodborne to be as good as it was. that's also why people like nioh btw

I'm not saying that I rely on R1 spam.
R1 spam is just what DS3 literally is.
Get that through your fucking head.
DS2 has godlike PvP in comparison.

>dying to R2's and WA's
You're fucking trash.

I'm not even that guy, if you're getting killed by things like weapon arts then you're fucking shit.

literally all of the 4+hit auto combos in das 3 come from weapon arts like sellsword twinblades and abyss watcher greatsword..... are you fucking drunk or retarded?

and shit like o&u L2+L1+L1 spam that can poise through Greathammer R2's?

Yes, DS3 PvP is fucking braindead and the worst.
We covered that.

I'm hopeful for DS3's DLC but I'll stick to DS2.

>getting hit by that
You're fucking shit, most of my time with 3 has been PvP and I haven't seen a single person get hit by, let alone get killed by, weapon arts.

>2kat
lel

gameplay wise DaS3 is better than BB.

Miyazaki wanted to bring that shit back from Demon's Souls.
and DS3 tried to be like a Demon's Souls 2.
That kind of explains why it's so fucking bad.

well then you get killed by r1 spam like a fucking shitter

Much better game than both, stop fighting and join the NioH masterrace.

>yeah well, you get killed by the only way any can reliably land an attack on someone who isn't fucking braindead!
You sure showed me.

or you could just enjoy them all

The setting of Dark Souls had already been gone over twice, not counting Demons Souls which had a similar setting. It's obvious they were tapped for ideas.

This is why sequels are bad for FROM, their best three games were all originals in DeS, DaS and BB.

>loved Dark Souls and Demon Souls
>can't bring myself to finish Bloodbourne or DS3 even though I'm pretty close to the end on both of them
>I can go back and play DS1 and DeS without doing this
what do?

While I haven't played BB, I've seen enough footage to say that the team took a lot of the design skills they practiced making bloodborne and put it into DaS3, especially areas like the undead settlement which really captured a similar "cultist run village worshiping an abomination" vibe.
My problem with DaS3 is that it doesn't really feel like you have the freedom to go through different routes from the beginning.
In DaS1 you can go to potentially 4 different areas when you first get to firelink shrine.
DaS2 you can at least pick between the tower of flame or forest of fallen giants, and then the fragrant branch or souls required for silvercat ring that open op another 2 paths don't take too long to acquire.
DaS3 you basically have to go through the high wall first, and after that there's only one branch you can sequence break through by fighting the dancer early. There are a couple of branching routes a bit further on but the fact you can't choose which area to go through in the early game (even if it's just to get certain weapons that you want to play through with) really kills the motivation to replay.

>Getting killed by R1's which in Ds3 are fast as fuck, requires little stamina for your infinite rolls and guarantees a 2hit combo is considered Casual

>Getting killed by R2's and WA's which are really fucking slow, easily telegraphable, costs a ton of stamina and finally doesn't even guarantee a combo for most R2's and WA's isn't actually Casual
wew lad

If you think that people are just emptying their stamina bar by unironically mashing R1, you should either refund or uninstall the game.

The best stuff comes around the end of BB [and ds3 to a certain degree] (final fight and DLC).

If that isn't motivation enough, you could just keep shitposting.

>dark Souls
>the exact same shit 3 times in a row
>no inspiration
>catering harder to the "muh hardcore gayme" twitch and jewtube audience as another sequel gets shat out every new year
vs.
>bloodborne
>actually interesting well executed setting
>dat fashion
>dem interesting gameplay changes
>feels like a proper sequel to demon's souls, which most underage darkshitters haven't even played

japan studio

explain how

Dark Souls 2 is clearly the worst Souls game. It isn't even up for debate.

>Nioh.
>Debatably better combat.
>Better graphic options and performance.
>Better loot.

>BB.
>Better bosses.
>Better enemies.
>Better music.
>Better atmosphere.
>Better narrative.
>Better looking.
>Better level design.

Except ds2 tried to change things up

>DS2
>Best PvP in the series
>Has a ton of weapon, armor and spell variety
>Covenants are well-rounded and diverse
>Average PvE, but better in the DLC packs

>DS3
>Worst PvP in the series
>Any kind of variety is non-existent
>Covenants are fucking worthless
>Despite sampling from BB, the PvE and level design is shit

>BB
>The PvP is okay, not a strong suit
>Not a lot of weapons/armor/tools, but they're all unique
>>>>covenants
>Best PvE in the series hands fucking down

The only two good bosses in Dark Souls 3 are Nameless King and Champion Gundyr.

3 and BB are the best games of the series

I literally can't replay the old games because of how slow the combat is and how many bad bosses there are. The only straight up bad bosses in 3/BB that I can even think of are Cursed-Rotten Greatwood and Witch of Hemwick, which is insanely small compared to all the bad filler in DeS, DaS, and DaS2

nope

Slightly off topic.

Doing a quality run of BB. What is some good weapon choices to compliment the saw cleaver?

Ludwig's.

Help me out here Sup Forums. I want to know what I am missing.

>bought DeS and loved it
>bought DaS and loved it
>bought DaS 2 and was very disappointed even though I still was able to enjoy it
>I haven't bothered playing the other games

Be completely honest here with me guys. Am I truly missing out here? Or did I bail on these games at the right time? Keep in mind that Dark Souls 1 is my favorite game of all time and it is going to be hard for me to find a better game.

>tfw the ringed city is shaping up to be absolutely amazing
>its going to really upset some people in this thread

t. guy who never played the first two games.

DS2
>Average PvE
>worst level design
>worst enemy design
>worst boss design
>awful art-design

But it's going to upset you when it turns out to be shit

Holy Moonlight Sword, but that's more of a NG+ compliment.

str quality = hunters axe or beast cutter
skl quality = ludwigs or church pick

>shaping up to be absolutely amazing
It's going to be another 2 hour DLC that doesn't explain anything of the shitshow that was the lore of 3 isn't it.

You are missing out on BB. Go play it.

You missed out the first time with DS2 because you were "stuck" with DS1 and DeS.

Realize what faults that DS1 and DeS have.
Then play Bloodborne.
Then Dark Souls 2.

Then find disappointment by Dark Souls 3.

>DS2 PVE better than DS3 PVE

>DeS - Great game loved it
>DaS - Amazing absolutely lived a breathed it, easily the best in the series
>DaS2 - WTF is this shit? Oh well power stance is cool
>BB - Damn this is really good. Shame about the pvp
>DaS3 - Meh. It was good i suppose.
>NioH - Really surprising how much i like this. Dayum!

Thought was was an ARC weapon.

bloodborne is refreshing combat-wise and the lore just gets deeper the more you look into it, which is amazing if your into that kind of thing. The sound track starts off amazing with the first 2 bosses and gets better as you near the end of the game.
DS3 I haven't played so I would just go off what this thread is saying.

point proven, its not even out yet and its already buttblasting

The only good areas in Dark Souls 3 are Irithyll, Cathedral of the Deep and maybe Castle Lothric.

>BB
>better
>it averages at 14-20 fps in a time where 100+ is the norm
It's barely even playable. What the fuck?

well done for being correct

looks like someone hasn't played BB

It scales well with Skill and strength anyway. So if you don't want to use Ludwig's, give it a shot, it's just so fun to use, I use it as my second option nearly every playthrough.

BB is great

2 and 3 are shit, though 2's DLC is pretty good

If you already have a PS4 or were thinking of getting one for something else, get Bloodborne and Nioh. Otherwise you might want to weigh up your options as to whether or not a new console is worth it for two games.

The fps is the reason I gave my copy to my brother after the Cleric Beast. It's got a very immersive and well made world, but it's barely playable. It's puke-inducing.

Sony needed a strong exclusive, so they had to put a lot of care into Bloodborne to make the system look appealing.

I love the whole FPS shitposting, I can just taste the salty tears of PC shitters playing undertale at a stunning 120fps and calling BB shit for occasional drops from 30 to 25 or something.

>Why is BB much better

It's not, though neither are very good

>No argument.
Yep.

DaS2fags should be gassed

>Absolute abyssmal level and enemy design
>Ridiculous amount of shit poorly designed bosses
>Looks like garbage
>Only final boss in the series to be bad without intending to (Old King Allant and Gwyn were easy on purpose while SOC and Gehrman were great)
>Multiple gank squad bosses because all FROM could think of was throwing a bunch of enemies at you whenever possible
>BEAR SEEK SEEK LUST
>Have to spend points into adaptability to dodge

Build variety doesnt make up for the fact that the game itself is a fucking slog to play through

when did you do this? because i got it this christmas and fps sits around 30 unless you're walking through an explosion or zooming in on the snatchers transformation sequence.
You could've got it before the a performance update senpai.

I have a One and PS4. I just haven't really been too concerned with playing the rest of the games since 2 felt like such a downgrade. Although you guys are really recommending BB so I guess I should at least play that one.

I'd get Scholar of Sins but then I would have to play through 2 again before I even get to the DLC's. 2 lacked polish. Don't want to die thanks to shockwaves again.

what's wrong with DS3?

>a One
Get out.

>a One
LMAOOOOO this guy

>nioh blows both games out of the water.

Do people really believe this or is it just the cool thing to say right now? Just finished Nioh yesterday, and while it's not bad, it's just so boring compared to the souls series. Which is disappointing, because I was really hoping a souls-gaiden game would be awesome.

It's
>Hey u member ds1? hey ds1 was pretty gud right? yeah it sure was.
Also they tried to use some things from BB, but it only ends up making everything worse since it is lacking what makes those things work so well in BB.

but is it bad gameplay wise or what?

implying DaS3faggots shouldn't be gassed

>Linear world-building with Catacombs-tier design
>Ridiculous amount of shitty bosses
>Abyss Watchers is a Maria clone
>>>>"Soul of Cinder was great"
>WELCOME HOME ASHEN VERY WELL
>Everyone in the game has infinite rolls
>Need to Warp Back to Firelink to Allot Estus

Build variety would've made this linear piece
of shit tolerable.

My roomates like to play Halo 5 on it. It is okay but besides that we only really play FPS shooters on it. I prefer PS4 to be honest.