The thumbs-up sign had been used by the Galactic Federation for ages. Me...

The thumbs-up sign had been used by the Galactic Federation for ages. Me, I was known for giving the thumbs-down during briefing. I had my reasons, though... Commander Adam Malkovich was normally cool and not one to joke around, but he would end all of his mission briefings by saying, "any objections, lady?" He was joking, but others weren't. At the time I felt surrounded by people who treated me like a child or used kid gloves because I was a woman. And yet, with Adam, I was grateful for the nod... My past has left me with an uneasy soul, and as a result, it touched me on some level that Adam would acknowledge that past by calling me something delicate -- like "Lady." And I knew more than anyone that every word from Adam was deliberate. My thumbs-down was a two-fold response: a sign of derision at being called a lady, and a signal of my complete understanding of the mission orders.The other soldiers were always willing to support me with easy smiles, despite the fact that I clearly had so much yet to learn. Among them was Anthony. In the face of his well-meaning behavior, and that of other soldiers, my response was to become increasingly bitter. I was a child, always with something to prove. A chip on my shoulder. And I was angry. I felt that if I let my guard down, I would easily by broken. And beyond that, I was scared. But even in the naivete of my youth, I could see in Adam's joking manner how close he felt to me. Adam knows my past. And he knows me better than anyone else. Confession time. Because I was so young when I lost both of my parents, there's no question I saw Adam as a father figure. When I rebelled against him, I knew I could get away with it. And his paternal compassion in the face of my rebellion reinforced the special bond I felt with him. I understood well that chances were slim that I would ever find anyone that understood me like Adam. And yet... When the time came, I still left his side. I was so young. Young and naive...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xUWtSrG6xKU
youtube.com/watch?v=RdebQ-y15Dg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

cringe

Did dey fucc?

Thanks for reminding me how fucking awful the "script" is in this game. Sasuga Sakamoto.

Man, this site has done nothing but remind me of how many games have made me angry all morning.

Other M is amazing, bro, don't know what you're talking about.

What did she mean by this?
No really, I have no fucking idea.

Other Mmortal

This is the last main line Metroid Game to have been released....back in 2010. Despite Samus popularity it's pretty hard times for the franchise. Then again Mega Man has been dead for about the same amount of time too and that shit used to be everywhere. It's crazy how many classic franchises that had endured for decades just sort of died at the end of the 2000's.

Daddyissues.txt

Autism.txt

every japanese game is written like this. idk why other m doesn't get the same pass that metal gear games get

Projection.txt

Behold the cancer that is spawned when you decide that your game needs to be more "cinematic" or have more "artistic credit".

think about this the next time someone from tumblr says that games need more cutscenes or voice acting.

>It would sound just like any other anime if it was in Japanese with subtitles

He's actually right about this.

Yeah people would eat this up but it wouldn't save the game from it's own terrible "gameplay"

Or, in other terms:

"I don't like being treated differently from others, but it's okay when Adam does it because I have daddy issues and want his dick"

It's kinda crazy how Metroid is in worse shape now than it was between Super and Prime.

At least it was still held in high regard back then. Now it's irrelevant at best and a laughingstock at worst.

At least we have an unofficial life preserver to keep us from drowning.

>Link talks for the first time
>he's snarky and he likes food
>Samus talks for the first time
>babies and daddy issues
>Mario talks for the first time
>WAHOO!

Kojima isn't a good writer, but he's better than Sakamoto.
Fucking VN writers are better than Sakamoto. His stuff is bordering on SAO-level LN tier.

Yeah I thought AM2R was okay, some things weren't so fun and I felt like there was a slight difference between Zero Mission and this game's physics, then again I did beat the game using Keyboard on Hard mode so maybe that's to blame. Did the Hard Mode change anything with the enemies or just bump up their HP?

I think some of them improved their AI, and it made missiles more sparse.

It wouldn't save it from its terrible plot either. I'd hate Other M if JPN audio + subs was the only option. The story is just fucking bad. And nintendo knows it, too, which is why they've been too scared to try and make another bomb of a Metroid game for nearly a decade now, especially with senile old Sakamoto considering Samus like his "daughter" (given how much Samus is treated like a verbally/emotionally-abused child in the game this will never not be creepy).

I still think this game was only greenlit because Sakamoto was close friends with Iwata.

Sakamoto's one good - and I mean ONE good text heavy script was Famicom Tantei Club 2 for the SFC. A decent but not remarkable murder-mystery adventure game.

If you count SM having a good script, then yeah, I guess I'd count that too, but the man never had the actual talent to put out a story that he clearly believed he had.

I think Metroid stories should work like Prime 2, where the writing is mainly in lore you can read or in the environment, going full force with a story doesn't seem to work for Metroid unless it's a 2D Metroid, where the story is simple but the game is just as fun.

>Link talks for the first time
>>he's snarky and he likes food
Waht

BotW and Skyward Sword has dialogue options rather than "Yes/No". It's all text tho.

What little story there is in SM isn't that amazing. It's not terrible, but then there isn't really enough of it to be terrible. Fusion and Other M are probably evidence enough as to what he'd have put in given the chance.
And maybe he's done one or two decent pieces before, but then Accel World isn't quite as terrible as SAO. Even shit writers can put out something half-way decent sometimes.

Why did Nintendo rape her ?

He groomed her into his perfect bimbo, yes. It's not the life she imagined, or the life she wants. But she's now convinced it's the best she can do. And despite herself, she always feels a shiver run down her spine when she begs Adam to authorize her to sit in his lap.

>>Link talks for the first time
>Well EXCUUUUUSE me, Princess

>I think Metroid stories should work like Prime 2, where the writing is mainly in lore you can read or in the environment,
This. Also bring back that art team.

Because Sakamoto thought it would be hot. let's face it, he was right

Except Samus is for femdom, not this... this dadday role play, euargh

>Except Samus is for femdom
Not anymore. Muscle Samus is dead.

You mean for shithole remodeling.

Metroid is dead, anyway. I hope Nintendo crashes and burns

I love the art of Prime 2.

Favourite Suit in the Metroid series?
Pic related is mine.

> It wasn't that her story had holes in it—through the holes were glimpses of the danger that was right before her eyes.

What did she mean by this?
No really what the fuck is she babbling about

>can't tell if its a Sup Forums copypasta or real
Seriously fuck that game, and fuck Samus being Adam's slave.

I hope Nintendo becomes software only but unlike Sega just sells off its peripheral properties like Metroid to better development studios.

Prime 2 is my favorite game in large part due to the art design and atmosphere. Light Suit was also sexy AF though.

I think it's a quote from the game.

she talks so much because she is a woman lol

>Prime 2 is my favourite game in large part due to the art design and atmosphere

Are you me?

I'll be honest, the light suit felt weird to me. Samus's large pauldrons were essentially her indiana Jones hat. Without it she looked weird.

THE BABY

>Seriously fuck that game, and fuck Samus being Adam's slave.
It's completely real. Look it up on youtube. I feel sorry for the VA.

Anyone have that fan edit of the Japanese version that replaced all the subs with bullshit? I remember it being pretty funny.

Prime 2 was the only one I came close to completing

I didn't really like the Prime games, but 2 was byfar the best one.

I love the base PED suit from prime 3 the most the rounded low shoulder pads look awesome and the suit has a very "jimmy rigged addons" look to it.

Why is Japan so bad at writing characters?

DAP

>I hope Nintendo becomes software only but unlike Sega just sells off its peripheral properties like Metroid to better development studios.
That would be the best

>I'll be honest, the light suit felt weird to me. Samus's large pauldrons were essentially her indiana Jones hat.
I could see that, I just thought it was a nice change.

Aren't the pauldrons for cooling and shield generation or something? At least in Prime, anyway. They don't get huge until the Varia upgrade. >tfw Retro are the only ones that put any thought into the suit's design

Seriously, grey and orange works too well

Are Metroid fans the most melodramatic fanbase out there?

This but I liked the max-corruption one better . Otherwise though I think Prime 2 had the best art design of all metroids.

They're aliens.

For sure, but its entirely Nintendo's fault they ended up that way.

For videogames? Nah, probably FF fans or Biodrones.

>They don't get huge until the Varia upgrade

That is a good point. Though I think Prime 2 nailed it best. the ones in the first prime were HUGE, in a comedic way even.

See: Sakamoto is a special kind of bad, even by Japanese standards.

we have had our collective shitholes remodeled thanks to a really bad game in an up-to-that-point good series killing it and cheapening the character in one fell swoop.

>That is a good point. Though I think Prime 2 nailed it best. the ones in the first prime were HUGE, in a comedic way even.
Yeah I agree. The best "iconic" suit was the Prime 2 default.

I can understand people not enjoying the Prime games much. Prime 2 is my favourite game in general, but I don't think I ever want to play Prime 1 ever again, that game's environments ain't my jam.

Why the fuck do you care? Did a Metroidfag shit your thread up or something?

The Zero Suit killed this franchise.

Just too slow for me, I kinda like my games with alot of music too

I want to love prime games but I always end up falling asleep trying to play em, can understand why others love them though.

The dark zone in 2 was cool though.

The series has suffered bad games before Other M though. It's not like a bad Metroid was unheard of.

Wow, this is fucking terrible

Did Buckley write the script or something?

You what?.

I think the issue is that they've tainted Samus as a character. I mean, if they had retconned Other M and kept Samus as a decently strong character that didn't need to show her ass every 5 seconds, except for a very brief stint at the end of her games, it would be perfectly fine. even if they never made another game again, we could at least still look back on her with the same reverence that we'd have for characters like Captain Falcon. but they've slowly turned her into this slut who doesn't even want to be in her power suit. She's gotta be sexualized every 5 seconds, or she needs to be a helpless, brainless damsel who needs to be rescued.

>We have just launched Other M in Japan and I’ve been checking user opinions on the Japanese bulletin boards. What you say is definitely true; many of them are saying that they prefer Super Metroid. So it gives me some mixed feelings to hear that. It’s complicated simply because to me Super Metroid and Other M are both products that I was deeply involved with. So as far as I’m concerned, I don’t have to compare the two. It’s definitely true that Super Metroid was a good game but it is one of many good games in the series. Of course, there was the choice for me to work on a game more similar to Super Metroid but I don’t know if that would represent a true evolution of the series. We might be able to come up with a better Super Metroid but, some day sometime, we would work ourselves into a creative dead end if we were simply moving forward in one direction. I, myself, have been seeking new stimulations and new play feels with the games that I’ve been working on so at least I am trying to avoid repeating the same things.

>I definitely consider the feedback of those players that prefer Super Metroid but the fact of the matter is that Other M has other features that must be exciting and appealing to the audience. It’s only a few days since the game’s worldwide launch and at this point I’m anxious to learn the initial reaction from the public but, on the other hand, I’m always looking forward to reading the comments and feedback once those players have completed the game for the first time. Perhaps their opinion will have changed by then.

What did he mean by this?

the max corruption one had fuckin awesome glow effects on it.
it's such a good design

Agreed (to the extent that it was the beginning of the end of Samus getting cool designs). But it also enlivened my boner, so I'm torn.

Outside of Other M when was any of that true?

>I kinda like my games with a lot of music too
>I always end up falling asleep

youtu.be/xUWtSrG6xKU
Can't really blame you when this is an overworld theme.

When it was the last Metroid game we got, that's when that was true.

It slowly started around the time of Brawl, maybe a little earlier. Fusion had Samus needing to monologue every single time she went into an elevator, and the game had to be made more linear so the story wouldn't be ruined by the videogamey stuff like exploration. Then comes Zero mission and Zero suit samus now needs entire sections of the game dedicated to her. Then comes Smash and she now has more exposure out of her suit than in her suit. Of course, the killing blow was Fed Force, where she gets violently beaten and brainwashed by the same space pirates that she's been killing for ages now.

This piece of shit knows he fucked up

I'm drawing a blank. There's nothing in the series before Other M I'd outright call bad. Echoes, Hunters and Corruption aren't at its level and Pinball hardly counts as an entry.

>Just too slow for me, I kinda like my games with alot of music too
youtube.com/watch?v=RdebQ-y15Dg

*blocks ur path*

Did he ever do a follow up?

>Outside of Other M when was any of that true?
Well since Other M it's just been Smash Bros. and ZSS gets way more attention in that than regular Samus. In part because regular Samus is a weak character in those games.

> the killing blow was Fed Force, where she gets violently beaten and brainwashed by the same space pirates that she's been killing for ages now.
lol wut

man this game was dope
music gave me dat nostalgia

Go to youtube and look up "Metroid Federation Force final boss" and you'll see what I mean.

She's not even that hard. I think that's the most insulting thing.

>Fusion had Samus needing to monologue every single time she went into an elevator,
Honestly that only seemed like a lot because it was the first time she spoke. Compared to Other M there's nothing there. And her characterization in Fusion is bland, but inoffensive. It mostly just amounts to "Hey that old CO of mine was kinda cool." and "This AI is shady as fuck"

Nope.

That interview was the last time that Sakamoto ever talked about Metroid and it was seven years ago.

>Of course, the killing blow was Fed Force, where she gets violently beaten and brainwashed by the same space pirates that she's been killing for ages now.
I haven't even heard of that game, what is this?

Didn't you know? in Federation Force the final boss is Samus who has been brainwashed and made into a giant Blast Ball Minigame. Samus Aran was defeated and saved by a Megabloks warrior.

>Go to youtube and look up "Metroid Federation Force final boss" and you'll see what I mean.
>She's not even that hard. I think that's the most insulting thing.
the fuck

Nintendo's revenge for Other M's failure? Talk about victim blaming...

Nintendo forced him to commit hari kiri for his failure

I really enjoyed the story in prime 3, e.g. the drama about the other bounty hunters. But if it comes to atmosphere and design, prime 2 clearly is the best. And the first two games were even better in the "trilogy" Edition with enhanced wii motion controls. Also the light suit looks fucking awesome.

If they wanted a game where Samus herself was explicitly an "Oh shit" tier boss or enemy, they should have just made a Space Pirate game.

I agree in a way, but imo I am enough of a fan to think that none of the games pre-MOM are "bad", except Fusion gets dangerously close thanks to its constant interruptions from ADAM (and surprise surprise he constantly interrupts you in MOM). Kinda like what this user says Actually now I remember how awful Hunters is, so yeah, that game is fucking pathetic.

Other M is just on a different level of bad, because the previous lesser games still worked from a good template, whereas Mother Other Mom somehow manages to forge ahead into completely awful new territories while simultaneously offering nothing new, recycling everything from past games (enemies, characters, ideas, environments, etc.). And of course, the character assassination is just twisting the knife, because not only is it a shitty game, but it's a shitty game with what might be one of the most inept stories and characterizations of Samus you could possibly do outside of Dobson-tier fanfiction.

I dunno. I felt continuously insulted (both my intelligence and my status as a fan of the series) as I saw each new bland monologue, eye-rolling flashback, or new fetish scene Sakamoto trotted in front of me for his excuse of a "plot."

lol no, not quite.

But I doubt Sakamoto will be doing anything more than designing micro games for Wario Ware or Rhythm Heaven for quite some time; it's what he was doing in-between Metroid games anyway.

think of it like Other M, but it's major flaw is that it tries too hard to be multiplayer focused, but doesn't actually balance the game to accomodate that.

>
>
>Of course, the killing blow was Fed Force, where she gets violently beaten and brainwashed by the same space pirates that she's been killing for ages now.

What the fuck? Why did they made this shit...

i-it's non canon

>I really enjoyed the story in prime 3, e.g. the drama about the other bounty hunters. But if it comes to atmosphere and design, prime 2 clearly is the best.
A mix would be cool. Samus and several other commissioned hunters/mercs are deployed to Planet for reasons and then contact with the Federation is suddenly lost. Encounters are largely short and accidental at first, before the other hunters go hostile. You have the advantages of Prime 3 but with the isolated atmosphere Metroid is more known for.

>And the first two games were even better in the "trilogy" Edition with enhanced wii motion controls
God the Hive Totem in Prime 1 on hypermode made me tense as fuck my first time with the motion controls. I won with like 13 energy left.