Did you forget about it? Did Nintendo?

Other urls found in this thread:

ign.com/articles/2017/01/24/nintendo-says-pikmin-3ds-is-still-coming-in-2017
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll never be able to forget about this game thanks to being friends with probably the biggest Pikmin fan in the world. I'm sure they'll hype it up whenever the next Nintendo Direct rolls around, but Nintendo needs to put the bulk of its efforts towards making sure the Switch doesn't make the same mistakes the Wii U did

I never played a Pikmin game after the first. The first game just wasn't my cup of tea.

it best be left forgotten

Looks awful, but they'd be smart to delay it and rework it for the Switch as an eShop game.

It's not that bad. If it didn't have the Metroid name attached people would have liked it.

Hard to forget about it when people bring it up literally any time anyone talks about metroid because "WOW MY SHITTY FPS GOT REPLACED WITH ANOTHER SHITTY FPS? WTF NINTENDO!?!?!?!11//?1?/1/2"

I whole heartily agree because it wouldn't have been held to such high standards.

Fucking this. At the very worst, it would have modest success

Is it Jonathan, by any chance?

If it's because of the time restriction, then 2 removes it. But if you didn't like the overall rts style/gameplay, that's fine.

It was kind a combination of everything. After a while I realized the time restriction wasn't a big deal as you had plenty of extra days to get materials. I finished the game with 2 or 3 days to spare. But the strange atmosphere combined with the strange ambient music and the linear 'event' driven gameplay, it all just kind of rubbed me the wrong way.

I did see footage of Pikmin 2 and liked how the atmosphere of the game changed to be more happy and fun though.

Oh, wow, if you thought Pikmin 1 had event driven gameplay you'd hate Pikmin 3. Pikmin 1 is the most open of the games.

I enjoyed what I played but I haven't touched the game in a while. Is there still an active online?

Is that friend a Patrick by any chance?

I hate Pikmin 3 because of the removal of the C stick

Seriously, let me play with the old control schemes, why are you punishing me Nintendo.

I didn't mind that too much because the pikmin actually follow a smart pathing and charging is much faster, but it took a bit to get used to.

Holy shit I did. Did they ever give any news?

Is that friend Pinhead Larry by any chance?

No, the closest thing that was mentioned after it was announced was that it's still coming in 2017:
ign.com/articles/2017/01/24/nintendo-says-pikmin-3ds-is-still-coming-in-2017

I'm expecting news this E3 personally.

Man what a piece of fucking shit.

No seriously, replace Olimar and the Pikmin with Spaceman Dan and the Mooninites and everybody on the planet would call it indie garbage and ask why Nintendo is wasting time on it.

I hope not. But then again Nintendo is being super quiet about everything right now and there are other new 3DS games they haven't talked about a lot too, only Fire Emblem and that crappy Mario Sports. Gotta say though, this will probably be my first pikmin if it's good since I feel awful playing mainline entries when the pikmin die.

>If it didn't have the Metroid name attached nobody would have given a fuck about it.
FTFY

That sounds amazing though, I'd actually play that

If you git gud and finish the game with no deaths it feels amazing though.

Yeah, this is more accurate, it would've gotten little attention from people regardless of how Nintendo advertised it. I only played a little of it before getting bored admittedly but it seemed pretty damn average and a average game that is labeled something new with no connection to another IP would easily be forgotten.

Thank fuck I'm not the only who thought of this.

Why is Nintendo even making this?
They know we don't want it.

You can tell that Reggie doesn't even want these shitty spinoffs.
When he publicly speaks about them he has an apologetic air to him.

In other words, the Metroid fanbase is SO TOXIC they won't even buy well made spin offs.

Probably Miyamoto who constantly wigs out if a sequel in a series doesn't have some great big innovative mechanic that shifts up the game.

His job would have been a LOT easier during the Wii U era if Nintendo of Japan had done their job and put out faithful mainline sequels.

This. Nintendo of Japan is basically ruled by Miyamoto and he's an autistic idiot who's been out of touch since the Wii era.