Nearly a decade old already

>nearly a decade old already

Thoughts on this game Sup Forums This was better than every other GTA game aside from Vice City and maybe San Andreas

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ivd7J28Cu38
youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ3TVtK6UE
saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/high-quality-radio-mod.9515/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>piss filter

I preferred Saints Row 1, had a cleaner look to it.

>CHEESE CALL ME PAPA JOHN
>KNOCK EM LIKE A DOMINO

I played it on PS3 when it was PS Plus game.
I was surprised by how good the game was. I didn't like 3 and 4 though.

>better than every GTA game
>aside from VC maybe SA

but user those aren't the best gta games.

This. Saint's Row 1 is underrated.

SR1 is the GTA3 of the series. It's perfectly fine on its own and as a starting point, but compared to the sequels it just doesn't hold up very well.

It was good for its time but it looks & plays pretty aged now, can't recommend it anymore.

I totally forgot I owned SR1
I might give it a go again

I still want to go back to it, unfortunately doesn't look like we're going to get a "remastered" version of the game, which to be honest if they put 1/2 in its own "Saints Row: Stillwater Stories" or some better title, could be a good buy.

Not even a full overhaul. Maybe i'll give it a go again this summer.

I also really should play the first one again, never finished it..

its story mode is great lots of missions. characters are perfectly caricatured not all zany like they do with every good series cough cough dead rising...

If Saints Row 2 didn't exist I'd have a positive outlook on the whole series, even 4.

But they fucking nailed it with 2, and went the same route Dead Rising went. Focused too much on the WHACKY! elements and over did it.

So? SR2 was a better game.

>dead rising
>made a dead rising 4 thread yesterday
>was playing some of it again today.

You don't have to tell me twice about that...

Nah but I still have 1 and 2 for my xbox 360, maybe after i come home tonight I'll give some of 1 a go instead of wasting away with DR4.

I remember getting an utter shit framerate of 15-20 (largely because a literal toaster would be better than my busted ass laptop) but I put 50 hours into it so it must be pretty good. I also recall the driving being absolute ass.

Hilariously enough, Saints Row 4 brought back a bit of the story and character to it since it only focused on the characters they had. I loved the character-specific missions, and it had a few serious moments.

I also fucking loved "Leave it to the Saints".
Give me a 1950s Saints Row... thats all I need.

7/10

>I also recall the driving being absolute ass.

desu that's pretty much the entire series, the vehicles all sucked outside of need. Then 4 came along and entirely eliminated the need for vehicles because you could sprint faster than cars and fly.

this game was insane, me and a friend went through co-op with 2 fucked up looking abominations doing hand stands on cars and throwing grandmother's off bridges, shit was cash. I also remember being (or thinking I was) fucking amazing at the multiplayer, which from what I remember was basically just running around in circles and shotgunning people for the most part, and of course ak and pipebombs.

I roleplayed as fat albert in saints row 1. it was amazing.

I never played SR1, but SR2 is in my top 3 GTA games ever. 3 and 4 were letdowns compared to it, although 4 was a pretty good sequel to Crackdown.

The best saints row tenfold and one of the most fun I've had in a game. The coop made it hilarious.

>grandmothers*

also, dat basketball court multiplayer lobby

last good saints row

an underrated OWG my Australian mob boss kicked ass

Poorman's GTA.

That mission where you buried a man alive was the last straw. Way 2edgy4me

the DLC was actually pretty good to

>Want character creation
>Less goofy shit though
>Non MMO
Rockstar is in love with their shitty static characters, while Volition wants to get sillier and more over the top.

>getting revenge on someone who caused the death of your best bro's gf and then decides to ruin her funeral to try and fight you
>edgy

and if you consider that edgy it's not even the worst one in the game when it comes to revenge

>Defeding someone who buried a retarded teenager who at most needed his shit slapped and time in prison to think what he had done

Nah, that was edgy as fuck. Killing him would've been okay I guess, but that's just too dark for my tastes.

Not that the game was any good before that mind you, quests and characters were trash, but it was what made me drop it.

Shogo wasn't a teenager

>Characters from 1 like Julius and King are presented very seriously
>Everything including the characters that lasted until the third game are complete nonsense
I liked that about 4, they had to be self aware of how weird it was having characters somewhat grounded in reality interacting with the post SR3 Saints

>Play this game
>Music and sound effects sound like they are from a low quality 64kbps Limewire download

Young adult then, whatever you like. Doesn't really change my POV.

KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA KARMA KAMELEON

Get up

At least you can fix the music now.

God I love SR2, it did everything right. I know it's been said by a million others, but the balance of serious and crazy was spot on perfect.

Playing through the entire series as DOUK only increases this tenfold.

youtube.com/watch?v=ivd7J28Cu38

Speaking of edgy deaths in this game is it or me or was this just way too much, and i even didn't mind Shogo's death but she still deserved it

youtube.com/watch?v=QdQ3TVtK6UE

how

It was fun though.

saintsrowmods.com/forum/threads/high-quality-radio-mod.9515/

>That mission where you buried a man alive was the last straw
Didnt you had to do that in SA too?

>tfw Saints Row 5 turned out to be some shitty Overwatch clone

>tfw there will never be a Saints Row 5 for real

say what you will about saints row 4, but imo, the biggest letdown from it, was the music

not that is was much worse or anything, but in 3, there are no less than 4 different situations where the music playing is vital to the enjoyment of the experience (power, hero, the radio singing, and i cant think of the 4th off the top of my head)

in 4, they do that twice, both far worse (and in the same situation) than the previous game, right at the intro (completely spoken over) and another radio song, interrupted by space hitler

other than that, the addition/removal of certain characters, seemingly at random, just seemed strange

Well the earth has kind of, you know, been destroyed.

Agents of Mayhem is not SR5, Seriously guys...believe us plz..

At least it had a few decent tracks. The SR3 Radio was garbage.

They were pretty brutal for the most part, but the game's story made damn sure the characters you killed more than deserved what you gave them.

>some shitty Overwatch clone
>Open world single player game
Can we just call everything anything we want to these days?

>gangsters
>time in prison as punishment
maybe your association of this game with GTA is your problem. Saints Row always had their characters being far less concerned with morals than GTA characters.

This is still an amazing game, whenever I play it I'm amazed at how well the NPCs just mill around acting natural and making the city seem alive. Also the fact there's barely any transitional loading as you move from outside to inside spaces, you just walk into a mall or observatory after crashing your car outside in one seamless motion. Why can't even GTAV do this?

I would totally buy SR1 if it came out on Steam today
Why Volition didnt port it already?

>At least it had a few decent tracks. The SR3 Radio was garbage.
i think the music was about the same, maybe a little worse. it might just be because the stations were different though, and certain genres got spread out differently

the hosts and announcers were worse though. even the generic classical station became shit, because space badman decided to host it

the real thing worse

And then canonically recreated by god at the end of Gat out of Hell for the upcoming Agents of Mayhem.

next Saints Row game time travel

Aparantly they have next to nothing left of the source code and files etc for SR1 and 2.

It doesn't matter, nothing will beat hearing boss singing take on me while air diving around Stilwater

>Saints Row 2 DLC ends with Boss vowing to get Dex

>Saints Row 3 and 4 have literally nothing to do with Dex

The fucking third game wrote itself, they had potential for a simple fucking premise and they just shat all over it like retards. It's fucking enraging how dumb they were to avoid the Dex revenge plot.

All because they wanted to be fucking immature with their storyline.

Isn't Saints Row getting basically rebooted now?

Instead of trying to make something after how IV ended, they're basically gonna go "fuck it" and start fresh.

FUREKUL BITCHUS.

they all easily did deserve their deaths for sure and to go along with what said this game mixed in seriousness and comedy so goddamn well it's a shame nothing else has come close to it

>mfw doing the mission where you kidnap Jessica and my character started singing take on me on the way to the coliseum

That sucks guess ill just wait for 360 emulation

It's fine for an arcade style of driving in a game where everything is already exaggerated.

Dex WAS going to get his death in the unreleased Spin Off, "Money Shot".

Then things fucked up, and he got a pathetic ending in Gat Out Of Hell.

Moments like that made SR2 insanely memorable.

Worst PC port ever

I saw a guy win this game on Xfactor once

The singing show?

>Playing SR
>On PC
lmao

Not surprised. Those games were made with plasters and toilet paper.

Evil cars is the best cheat in any sandbox game.

One thing 3 did right, Titty Slider.

Shame it fucked up all the other customisation.

Do you have a soft spot for retards who hurt other people? Remind you of yourself or are you a bleeding heart.

3 and 4 were fine ports

I thought GOTR fixed most issues or so I thought before i played it on PC and the game still ran at 15fps

idk, the one where you need to do gross shit
i think it was fear factor or something like that

The framerate problem is fucked and likely won't ever get fixed. The best you can do is use a mod to tweak the game's speed so at the very least it runs correctly, even if the framerate is shite.

Character customization was outstanding

3/4 killed it

That I can understand. I couldn't understand however that when you pressed A/D for a nanosecond you would swerve 540 fucking degrees

It was designed exclusively for controller use.

Same here, 3 and 4 were trash.

The version I bought from GOG was alright, still a bit stuttery but much better than the original version.

>This was better than every other GTA
No. It was like a knockoff San Andreas with cartoon characters.

I think a lot of SR2's brilliance is down to Stilwater itself. Big without being HUGE, with varied districts and landmarks so you could work out where you were without having to look at the map. Plenty of little hidden secrets and shortcuts, Islands off the map, and it felt alive.

Steelport looked the same no matter where you were and felt like a robot,

Saints Row 2 had the best story and characters of them all.
Too bad that the series was turned into a shitty meme machine afterwards.

>Driving in video games.
>With a keyboard.
There's your problem.

played this a few months ago and while it does have a tendency to ctd (even with gotr) its still such a wonderful game, just save a lot and in different slots. fps was still janky but thankfully with stuff like gotr its janky between 45-60 and not 0-12 like when it first came out. played it for 50 hours and had lots of fun.

I thought it was trash. GTA IV was better IMO this game just reeked of cheapness

>driving is shit on keyboard
>aiming is shit on gamepad

there's just no winning

>Volition comes out saying the next SR game will be a soft reboot and they will bring it back to a nice balance like SR2 and actually mean it
How hype would you be?

Yup. You push a guy in a port a potty into a whole a full it weth cment

>played saint's row 1 for months
>dropped saint's row 2 after a hour

I don't know why to be honest but that happened.

>but user those aren't the best gta games.

I was annoyed about how much of a Pussy the boss became. The Boss at the end of SR2 was a fucking nutcase. And suddenly in SR3 you're a sellout.

>GTA IV was better
I'm not wasting a laughing gif on this.

>that first time you found the mall

Dont. Saints row is garbage. It's the typical low quality lowest common denominator garbage retards buy.